Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #61  

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone had a restful night and you're looking forward to a good weekend. I'm in Wisconsin and we had horrible storms overnight. Lots of thunder, lightning and buckets of rain, flashflood rain. Some areas had wind up to 70 mph. This morning started a little gloomy, but the sun's out nicely at the moment so it will be getting humid as the day goes on. The bad news is the storms are supposed to come back tonight so I'm expecting another sleepless night.

Hi Jersey Girl! Glad you found 3FC. It's a great place to be. There is tons of information and support. Everyone is very nice and best of all they know what it's like to be in a similar situation and trying to lose.

Hi Bernice, A quick note to tell you I visited your blog to see your new addition. Little Nena is adobrable! She is just precious and soooo cute! She's no bigger than a beanie baby. (I love all little fur-babies.) I'm glad your healing and hopefully feeling better. Just reading about your migrane and painful stitches makes my head hurt in sympathy. Feel better!

Miz M

Last edited by mizm; 07-11-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 444

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMPLS View Post
Welcome Jersey girl!!! What part of jersey are you in? My husband's aunt & cousins live in Jackson. I love going out there to visit!

Well, my head has been hurting all night and all day! the meds they gave me last night wore off.......I didn't even get sleepy with them!!! I was up till 3am with the migraine and then DH woke me up at 5 when he left.......he called me again when he got to work thank goodness since I finally fell asleep! LOL I took a shower and had to wash my hair 3 times!!! LOL went to work and suffered through the 3 1/2 hours..........then drove straight over to the Pharmacy and picked up my meds! I just took them and I'm going to lay down IF the puppy will leave me alone! I just might put her in her kennel so I can get some rest!

Oldest DS is driving youngest DD home today and I am to meet him around 4 to get his contacts & glasses. I may have to have him drive to the house first and pick me up if I'm still feeling badly! I swear one stitch was stitched through a nerve or something............that hurt soooo bad I don't even think when I ripped during delivery of my son ....I was in that much pain! LOL I normally can tollerate intense pain! I seriously thought she was cutting my skin with the scissors or stabbing me with them! LOL

ok enough whinning! hope everyone is having a good day!

ttyl
I live about 20 minutes from Jackson. I love jersey but sadly its way to expensive to live here and its me my parents and my son and its still to expensive so we are looking to move to arizona in about a year. Only good thing there is no humidy lol My dad saw something on the news about a river in arizona and got excited i said yep dad but theres nothing like walking a few blocks to get to the beach lol

Angela
Old 07-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Debi: The lunch was nice. It was nice to catch up on them and what they are doing. They offered me the job and I said yes but I also told them that I am taking their offer with a grain of salt because of what happened last time. The laughed and said they would call me later yesterday in the day to tell me when to start and guess what, they have yet to call and it is Friday 11:10 a.m. here. I had a feeling they are just not having their act together. I am praying for the job interview on Tuesday to be perfect and for them to fall in love with me because the hours are fab. I would work 8 to 1 mon through fri and the pay would be only $70 less per week than working Full time at the place I used to work. Say a prayer for me that God will bless me with it and I can do the job well please.How is DH today?

Debbie: I am enjoying the bike riding more than I can say. I am so new to it after more than 20 years, well, close to 25 years. I love the feeling of my muscles working hard to get up a hill. I shift it to keep tension on my peddles so I can't just coast which makes me totally proud that I am working my tail off the whole time I ride. It amazes me how much easier the recumbant exercise bike that I ride in the winter time is than actually going out on the road and riding. I love feeling the sunshine on my back and face and feeling the wind in my face. Can you tell I enjoy the heck out of it. LOl. I spend lots of time praising God for allowing me to do it. I highly recommend you getting one and maybe your DH or even your mom too. It is amazing.

Angels: Congrats on loosing 2 more pounds! Way to go on that 35 lost too. I hope you have a blast on your vacation and that you are easily on plan while on vacation. BUt, if not, come back and get back on track soon.

Bernice: I hope your head gets to feeling better very soon. Hugs. I am so proud of your son for learning Arabic! I can only imagine how you are feeling. Thank you for sharing your children with us! I love to hear about them.

Julee: Great job exercising. Hope your vacation is restful and fun.

Angela: Welcome. Let us know how the appointment with the nutritionist goes. I love to hear new ideas. I was 510 at my very heaviest, that I know of! I went on to WW faithfully for about 6 months and never strayed from the diet and couldn't loose anymore than 16 pounds during that time. I loved WW but it just wasn't working for my body. I talked to my DR. about it and she pretty much said what your Dr. said about me loosing weight. I had extremely high blood pressure along with other issues. I mad the decision to have gastric bypass but before I could do that I had to take off 83 pounds at least to get my BMI at 60. It was 75 when I weighed 510. I went on a liquid diet from April of 2007 until my surgery in August of 2007. I have changed my life going from being able to walk to the bathroom in major pain and now I exericse daily. I think whatever means you need to do that is best for you to get healthy is what is important. If you ever want to talk or have any questions you can pm me. Hugs to you and I hope that whatever you decide works wonders for your health.

Rat: I don't actually watch Fit tv I just browse and see programs that I would like to try. I have tivoed 3 one hour exercise routines. Cardio Boxing, Hip Hop cardio and using the big ball cardio. I haven't tried any of them yet but am looking forward to it hopefully next week now that my sil is gone and I will have the livingroom to myself. lol.

Miz: Have a great weekend.

Carol: come out, come out wherever you are! I miss ya girl. Hope you are okay.

I weighed this morning and am down 2 pounds. I am so excited about getting out of the 250's closer to 200 than 300! I don't know why that is such a big deal to me. lol.

I just mowed the back yard all by myself. Usually my DH helps me a bit but, he is at work so I did the whole thing. Like most things that are a bit physical I made a contest with myself trying to get it all finished before the garbage men can come so I can have them take the grass clippings and dog poo that I found in the yard. lol. I won!!! lol.

When my sil was here we looked at a bunch of houses and I saw lots of bedrooms with the bed in a corner kind of diagonal. It seemed to make the rooms look bigger and have more space around them. I am seriously considering moving my HUGE bed like that in our bedroom. I have to clean my room anyway, so the worst that could happen is I vacuum under where it used to be then put it back. The best case is I like it that way. I cleaned the bathroom spotless last night even going through my makeup drawer and getting rid of things I don't use. They are pretty new shades of eye shadow and stuff but I don't care for them on me. I am saving them for my sister that lives in MT as she loves all things like that and can't afford to buy herself things often.

Okay, that is about it for me today. I am going to eat some lunch then tackle my bedroom. Hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 07-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi gang,

Well, I feel like I have done ok this week. I have been at or near 2000 calories since Monday, and have also worked out 4 times this week. By the way Annie, I do the exercise bike and you are right, it's quite a bit easier than the real thing. I have been pushing myself to do at least the middle resistance at 14 to 16 miles an hour (just for 30 minutes). On the real thing, I definitely couldn't do that. But, I am tired today, so I think I will take a break tonight.

I have started to get panicky about the idea of diabetes. I was supposed to go to the Dr for follow up blood work about a month after my last visit (in March). Well, I haven't yet. Why? Because I wanted to have lost weight before I go. Like I can lie my way out of having it. Anyway, I made the appointment for August 15th....and now I have a date to work towards. If I do well, great. If I don't, I still need to blood work done anyway. I guess I just worry they are going to say "you have diabetes (I was in the pre-diabetes range) and you are screwed for life". I hate panic. But I am a panicker.

Sorry no personals tonight. Just wanted to check in.

Angie
Old 07-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #65  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Annie - i love your new picture
Old 07-12-2008, 12:27 AM   #66  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-Your new picture just blows me away. Do you even recognize yourself in the mirror anymore?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:15 AM   #67  

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning all,
I spent a while in the garden this morning,...I hate picking grape tomatoes..but i love eating them!! I just gave away a huge bag full because they are ripening faster than i can eat them!! squash are coming in slowly again but keeping me with a mess a day. Bell peppers are growing really fast now..but havent got any near ready to pick. I need to cut my petunia back today..they are starting to look stringy. I heard that if you cut them way back now that they will come back full force and bloom till frost.
My scales were down 1.4lbs this week , putting me at the 55lb mark. Im still not under the 250 .Maybe in a couple of more weeks...Annie I understand the feeling of wanting under it so bad!! Hubby is losing also...I dont think he likes me weighing less than him!!

Guess i will work on the house a bit. I have to get this level picked up because youngest daughter has a date with a new guy and he is coming to pick her up. We are suppost to be getting rain later in the day. My garden is looking dry.
well have a wonderful day.
debi
Old 07-12-2008, 04:13 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Bernice, how's the head today? I'm hoping better. Those migraines can sure ruin a day. I'm so happy that you've gotten to talk to your son more. Makes life better, doesn't it?

Ratkity, Here I thought I was the only one who got dizzy from the stupid allergies. I've been walking around like an old drunk here lately, tripping and practically falling down. I think I've blown my nose so much that my nose is about to fall off. Gee, don't ya just love allergy season? Thanks for commenting on my avatar. I took several and that was the one I liked the most.

Annie, my fingers, elbows, eyes, knees, ankles, and toes are all crossed in order for you to get that job on Tuesday. My little prayer is a BIG help too, I'm hoping. Yep, we want to get bikes. Been wanting to for the last couple of years but just can't afford it right now. But maybe for my birthday. Enjoy the rides, and think of me sitting on the handlebars and both of us screaming with the wind in our hair and bugs in our teeth!!!

Angie, even if you do have diabetes, you're not screwed for life. With proper diet and exercise, it CAN be controlled. I was on Glimeride (sp?) and Metaformin 1000mg a day, and now I'm completely off of the meds and controlling it just fine thru diet and (not so much) exercise. Ok, it's not a laughing matter. When I have my blood work done, I'm very close to the normal range for a non-diabetic, so just hang in there. Don't think you're doomed.

Debi, congrats on the 1.4lb loss!!!!

This morning we got up about 6:45 to paint the deck before it got too hot. Well, there was dew so we had to wait about an hour so it could dry off. It looks so nice now with a fresh coat of paint. I'm going to make a lifesize jungle man to put out in our woods. You know the kind with the bone thru his nose, war paint, a spear with arms and legs akimbo. I just think it would be hilarious to be walking around and see something like that back out in the woods. I want to make little doors for the tree trunks too, so I can put Mr. and Mrs. Cottomtail live here. I've got a goofy looking duck out back with an easter grass nest and white and black speckled rocks in it for eggs.
Well that's it for me. Gotta go see what else I can get in to.
toodles
Debbie
Old 07-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #69  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

I struggle a bit to keep up with this thread! Its nice to hear how everyone is getting on though.

Hope anyone feeling poorly is soon on the mend!

Sadly my laptop is not looking very healthy, actually its pretty much dead. Husband is trying to sort it out for me, meanwhile Im using his work laptop once he gets home in the evenings.

We are having a lovely weekend. Very relaxed this morning and then off to the wedding reception (couple got married last year but had the celebrations now) which went very well. Dont know what we are going to do tomorrow but its meant to be rather hot

Someone asked after my little one (sorry cant remember who! ) He has a fully Finnish name, first name is Jaakko which is Finnish for Jacob/Jake. The little monkey is getting very good at commando crawling and keeping us busy. He had his first taste of cake today which went down very well!

Well bedtime for me.

Hope you all have a nice weekend and keep up the good work!
Old 07-12-2008, 04:41 PM   #70  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Hi gals. Quick drop in before cooking dinner, doing dishes. Then taking the kiddies to see The Journey to the Centre of the Earth. Bought the 30 day Shred some of the girls on the black team are doing it. I thought I would give it a shot. Made a new schedule and actually budgeted time to exercise and pamper myself. Both get sorely ignored.

Have a great evening.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Wow - I had to read a novel after being at the lake for 3 days - glad you are all making sure I didn't forget how to since I did nothing nearly so strenuous the past 3 days. We had a great time and I got to use a water scooter - I guess that's what they are called - I actually went a mile with it while doing bicycle exercises with my legs the whole time.

Once again I didn't get my water in - apparently I think that because we were on the water there was no reason to drink it. Back to it NOW - not waiting until tomorrow.

It was a very relaxing time with my sister and her husband, two nieces from a different family and my DH - when I went without him last time I didn't feel quite so guilt free - LOL.

Welcome to all the newbies - Annie - thank you for missing me and hugs to everyone, especially lurkers.

Carol
Old 07-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #72  

Greetings all!

GGG, welcome back! Ya know, it doesn't matter how much water I drink when out on the lake. I'm always swollen and dehydrated when I get home. Tis a mystery!!

Debbie, I didn't know anyone else got dizzy with allergies either! A benedryl usually helps, but I have stronger stuff that will not only fix it, but it will knock me out.

Annie, your new avatar is amazing!

Hugs to my regular posters.. sorry I didn't get special personals to all. My brain is slowly shutting down for the night.. hehe

Hugs to all my lurkers!

I played Wii Sports for the first time yesterday (I don't have the disk cuz I have a used system). My sis borrowed it from someone. It was fun and my arms HURT from boxing and tennis and bowling. I have lower body strength from cycling, but little upper. THEN, I mowed the jungle that was posing as my front and backyards. I had to take the power off the wheels and make it a push mower and run back and forth so I didn't choke out the motor cuz the grass was so long. I still ended up choking it out 7-8x. My arms are sore from THAT! I sprayed Weed n Feed and my one golden retriever was a hoot as he chased the water from the hose. I took off the weed n feed and let him play in the spray and water. My other golden acted like I was punishing her hehe. They are so goofy!

I grilled out some FF hot dogs (no bread) and ate outside and enjoyed the puppies and mowed lawn (my puppies are the 5 and 6 yo goldens). All in all, a very enjoyable day.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 07-13-2008, 01:15 AM   #73  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

still suffering from the headache.......it goes slightly away with the meds then back again after they wear off.....If its not gone tomorrow I will get an appointment on monday to see what else can be done!
Old 07-13-2008, 10:24 AM   #74  

Height: 5'7"

bernice- please get your head checked out. It doesnt seem like you should have such a headache still!! Take care of yourself and make the family wait on you!!
debi
Old 07-13-2008, 10:40 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning all...

Waving to all the newbies!!! WELCOME!!!

Well another week went by without me posting..ugh!! I have been a busy bee though.

I am finishing up a crazy quilt that I have been working on for about a year now. Will post pics. Also finished my cousins wedding scrapbook album. She lives in oklahoma and does not know I even made it. She will be surprised. I Also make ATC's (artist trading cards) and I joined a group on yahoo for that. We swap cards..so that has kep me very busy! Right now I am doing 6 cards with fancy cakes on them. I will try and post those..ATC cards are like baseball cards except you as the artist create them! I love them!

Today we are having my sons 14th and my cousins 16 th bday party! The family is coming so it will be a blast.

I am heading back to the gym tomorrow and getting back into routine...eating bad sure makes ya feel well..crappy!!

Our monsoon season has arrived..so its cloudy..windy..and even rainy..I love it!!!

Hope yall have a great day!
Closed Thread