Old 07-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/298/160

Height: 5ft 5in

Smile Another Newbie

Hello and good day to you all. My name is Brandy and I am new to this forum stuff. I have never considered going online for support in my weight loss endeavors. I would love to get to know you guys and maybe meet and workout together. I live Detroit, Michigan for those who may live here as well. My boyfriend just broke up with me and I have kind of been going through a small depression. We were together for 3.5 years and the let down was a side swipe, so I could really use any tips and advice you guys may have and i will try to be as much help to you guys as I can. Hopefully I will have some pics to post soon so I can get to tracking.
bnharvey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #2  
Dusty

S/C/G: 327/306/150

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Brandy,

I am from Michigan too! Only I am in Lambertville, which is on the Ohio Michigan border, right next to Toeldo, Ohio. I’m sorry you are feeling depressed, it’s a terrible thing to be sad over a man. I gained about 50 pounds last time I was depressed over losing my one and only boyfriend.

However, there is a light at the end of that tunnel, it made me wiser, stronger and better now. I don’t think there is any way to really beat the blues for real apart from time, and building good self-esteem.

Working out, once I tried, was a great way to beat my sadness. Exercise makes you happy and makes you feel good about yourself, too. So take your time with yourself. You guys dated for a long time, so it is safe to say you’ll never ‘get over’ it, but you will get better—I know it.

You can always find support here! I wish we were closer, I would love a work-out buddy!

Dusty
DustyMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:35 PM   #3  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm not that far away (but in a different country). Although I'm really closer to the NY crossing now (I keep forgetting that). Anyway, the good thing about online support is that we're all here, even if here isn't in the same city. I'm not sure how the relationship ended but remember:

Living well is the best revenge.

Dusty is right though. Exercise may make you tired and sore, but generally makes you feel better.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:30 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Hello and welcome!!
debi
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #5  

Brandy,

Welcome and hugs to you on starting your new lifestyle! Come join us on the weekly thread so we can get to know you better.

Hugs and Luv,
Ratkitten
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:27 PM   #6  
The Keymaker

S/C/G: 328/250/160

Height: 5'7

Smile Welcome

Hi Brandy, welcome to 3FC! Congrats on finding this hidden online gem that is 3FC. You will find that the more your participate in discussions here, the stronger you will feel. It's pretty amazing actually.

I live in Ohio, so we aren't that far either. I love talking with other members that have similar weightloss goals. I just started my new "routine" today. Had a healthy breakfast almost immediately after getting out of bed, multi-vitamin, did the official weigh-in, logged on to 3FC and updated my weight tickers, and started posting! My plan today is to do "something" active. Whether that be cleaning up the kitchen, weeding in the garden, walking on the treadmill, or all of the above...any one of those choices will be an accomplishment and you have to think positively like that. Start off with small improvements, as long as you keep moving forward, no matter how tiny, you will be successful.

I know that breakups can be difficult, but try to see the positives also. Now is the perfect time to focus your attention where it rarely goes, to yourself. Do something that makes you feel good. For me, it's painting my nails black. It might sound silly, but it makes me feel stronger, like a badass chick!

Jess
Jess8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #7  
Soon to be Slim

S/C/G: 305/304/150

Height: 5ft 7in

Hey Brandy,...
My mother always told me... mend a broken heart with new "thread"...
Look what you have found.. US!!!

Welcome and good luck!!

You go Girl!!
ShrineLadyKim is offline   Reply With Quote