Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Vicki - hugs to you! One smack for the BF for me too please. Look at what you did though - you came here - talked about it - that's great to realize turmoil is here rather than just giving in to temptation.

I've got a too much sun headache - gonna go water and relax.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:30 PM   #92  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Carol - I hope your headache is gone soon. Did you get too much sun enjoying yourself or working? At least if you had been enjoying yourself it could 'maybe' be worth it.

Julee - I hope you have a lovely time visiting your friend. Keep safe if you are close to those fires. Do you have problems with smoky air? If so, be very careful if you are outside too long. Sorry to hear that you are a little worried about being comfortable in your lovely red dress. I truly hope that you still look gorgeous in it when the special event comes around. I know people don't think I have to worry about those things now I have lost a lot of weight, but I bought a lot of fitted clothes and even a few pounds increase can make them feel uncomfortable. I am working at losing a few pounds that crept on recently. I suppose with it being winter I should expect a little gain, but I don't have to LIKE it. At least some of my winter clothes are a little looser. I just don't want to get TOO comfortable either. It all gets a little confusing at times.

Catherine - Are your swollen legs and other problems directly related to the flights recently? I am a little worried about how my varicose veins will go when I fly at the end of the year. When I flew last time I was still carrying a bit of extra weight and my varicose veins didn't show up, but now they are quite noticable and they seem to make my legs ache in certain positions. I may have to talk to my doctor about them before flying. I've also heard that varicose veins make you more susceptible to Deep Vein Thrombosis, which I am not particularly thrilled about. Mind you, I'm sure I HAD the varicose veins when I flew the last time, but they just didn't show up under the fat. Anyway... after all of that, I hope that if your problems are related to the flights, then the symptoms disappear soon now that you are back on solid ground. And if they AREN'T related to the flights then I hope you can get them sorted out soon.
I'm one of those Earthlings who would probably have difficulty with understanding what you had written even AFTER you had translated his notes. I find that some 'technical' things just zoom right over my head.

Vicki - I am SO sorry that you have been having problems in a few areas of your life lately. It is great that at least one area of the work scene has sorted itself out. Now, hopefully some more good luck will come your way. Please don't beat yourself up too much about the weight gain. I know it is frustrating, but it isn't as though you have had a carefree life in the meantime and have just 'decided' to not stay on plan. I am often EXTREMELY thankful that things were pretty smooth sailing for the whole time I was losing my weight. I do not handle stress very well at all and I am glad that I could get all sorts of good habits set in before anything too traumatic set in. Even then, when my dad passed away early last year I put on about 5 pounds as I was away from home and using that as an excuse to comfort eat... or something... not really sure what the problem was. I am sure that once things become more settled in your life you will have more success at returning to your earlier, healthier plan.
Oh, and as far as the boyfriend goes, I think you are going to have a line of people wanting to kick his butt! How rude!!! Even if you had the choice of lots of good food and chose one that wasn't so healthy, he wouldn't have had a right to comment, especially in front of someone else. Maybe if you had ASKED him to correct you when you ate something bad, then he may just have to work on his timing, but in this instance it just sounds downright wrong! I think he should be getting an achy rear end with all of us sending virtual kicks his way.

Dusty - I love your suggestions to Vicki. I like the way your mind works! Especially about reminding him that the swimming would be good exercise for him. He obviously feels that it is a good idea to let people know when they need to improve their lifestyle.

Annie - I LOVE your latest photos. You look SO happy and it is great to see your beautiful, straight, shiny, white teeth in your beautiful smile. I am glad you enjoyed your time away, but I certainly understand about missing hubby. I would be hopeless if I went on a holiday without hubby. Pathetic huh?

Well, that is it for me for the moment. We have come home from the usual Saturday morning grocery shopping and it is all unpacked and put away, now I am just going to relax for the rest of the day I think. I'm all organised for the last week of school, so I don't even think I'll do any school work this weekend. With the holidays coming up I know I'll have plenty of time for programming etc. We are going to Mum's for a few days and she lives in a VERY quiet country town, so about the only thing I'll be able to do is school work. Well, I COULD talk to Mum all the time, but even I can't talk THAT much!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 06-27-2008, 11:51 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Catherine: I hope your legs get to being normal size again soon. Keep them elevated and drink plenty of water. Hugs.

Julee: I bet that with or without spanxs the dress will look beautiful on you. Have fun with your friend and stay safe.

Vicki: Hugs. Hang in there it will all be okay.

Carol: I hope your headache goes away very soon. Rest up.

Zelma: I hope you have a lovely visit with your Mum.

I am watering the back yard right now. I cleaned both of my bathrooms really good and am just slowing to a crawl now. I'm still not feeling the best but need to get this house in shape after my trip away and also one of my sister in laws will be coming on Tuesday and staying until the following Tuesday.

I am so excited about my garden. It is looking so great. My tomatos have buds all over them. The squash is getting bigger and bigger. The lemon Cucumbers are not doing so great. I think when we had that snow on June it stunted them. They may still make it but they are creeping along. I haven't been able to plant a garden in years so this is super exciting for me.

Well, I hope you all have a lovely weekend. It is supposed to be in the high 90's here this weekend! From one extreme to the other.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 06-28-2008, 01:12 AM   #94  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Zelma-my lymph system was apparently damaged when I hurt my back. I don't drain so good when I sit in one position for a prolonged period of time. It does this after flights, and 4 flights in 3 days was just too much. I'm taking the water pills, and have drank about 4 liters of water today, but only gone to the bathroom twice in 24 hours. If it's not better tomorrow, I'll head to the doctor. I don't worry too much about DVT because I don't actually clot very easily. I've had nose bleeds last 3 days before. It's genetic, and is common with people who have naturally low cholesterol. I struggled to keep mine above 75.

Annie-I'm starting to feel like the little girl who at the gum on Willy Wonka. I need to go to the juicing room.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:32 AM   #95  

Height: 5'7"

good morning everyone,
I lost another pound this week.I was hoping for a bigger loss but im not complaining.I think if anything I cut calories a little low this week. I was eating so many veggies and they just dont have many calories. Tom is on his way out the door so I still may see more weight come off after he leaves.
We are heading out early to a family reunion today. I am excited to see hubbys family, some of which we havent seen in quite a few years.
we are suppost to be getting more storms today.Im praying they hold off till evening.I could really use a nice long ride on the lake!!
debi
Old 06-28-2008, 06:52 AM   #96  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Catherine - all i can say is Holy Moses! its so unbelieveable to read a story like that about someone you KNOW (at least on a basic level). i kept having to remind myself that this really happened to someone. holy moses! i have a million things to say and a million questions. all in all an amazing read. i could definately see this being optioned into a script (i know people...) and made into an amazing movie. i couldnt put it down. im posting this at 4 am, when i have to be up in 4 hours for an all day shoot... i need to be sleeping.

also, do you take paypal?

Last edited by princesspuffypants; 06-28-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:58 AM   #97  
Silver Surfer

Hi! I'm new and I have just been having a read of this thread. You all 'sound' very nice and so supportive of each other. I'm glad I found this place. I hope to meet and get to know more of you and about you as I check out the rest of the board. I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:17 AM   #98  

Welcome Etta!

Yes, this is a great group of folks. Post a little bit about yourself. Don't worry about personals, just let us know how you are doing

I'm still waking up this morning. I didn't want to get up, but I have a plumber coming to fix two leaking outside spigots and of course, he'll be here between 8 and 12.. ugh. At least I'm ready to do some yardwork.

Will bbl!

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 06-28-2008, 07:44 AM   #99  
Silver Surfer

Thank you, Ratkitten. I'll do that very soon.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:05 AM   #100  
started 1/28/08

Sorry to have been absent all week! The bridge tournament was fun, and we won a few masterpoints, but we didn't play as well as we hoped. There is a local tournament next week, so we'll have another go at it soon.

Since being away last weekend, I haven't been journaling my foods, and also I haven't been walking. I don't have any particularly good excuse . . . my friend is staying with me and I just didn't make it enough of a priority. Sometimes I feel like weight loss takes so much time and energy, especially when traveling or eating out, that I have to choose between enjoying my life and losing weight. I know that is a silly attitude, and despite my frustration with the time required and my difficulty staying on plan when away from home, I really DO want to lose this weight, so . . . I'm going to do some serious advance planning and make sure that no matter what else is going on, I journal every day and walk at least 5 times next week.

I'll be back for personals and all next week . . . in the meantime, to everyone!
Old 06-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #101  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Luan-I have a paypal account, so I'll PM you my email, and you can pay that way. Don't know why I didn't think of that before. I can then redirect it to Golden Meteorite. As to a movie, himself and I were joking who could play us in the movie, and I had to remind him that he isn't in the book. I would have to be played by someone young (I probably looked about 20 at the time this all took place), tall, flatchested, and willing to wear a body suit for the parts that I gain weight. I don't think there are any 20 year old flatchested women in Hollywood anymore. Geena Davis a decade ago maybe.

Alright y'all, this staying up all night to read the thing has got to stop. I don't want to be responsible for wrecks because of sleepy drivers. I found out yesterday that they have already made twice as much money on the book than they were hoping for. That's enough to publish 4 novels, or many shorter works.

We've been asked to write a book for the Schizophrenia Society for individuals and their families who have been newly diagnosed. Basically turn his speeches into a book people can take home with them. Something to give information and hope at a time when they think their lives are over. He was 5 when his mom was diagnosed, and so in a way, he has lived with it his entire life. His writing is like stereo instructions, so I'll be doing the bulk of the writing/editing. He loves giving dictation, like a 1950's boss.

I just want to say thank you for all the nice things everyone has been saying and PM'ing me about my book. I never thought I'd ever put it in writing, but I think it has been good for me to do so.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #102  

Catherine - I think it has been good for us too. The book was everything a good book should be - wonderful character development, visualization of the place and time (even though I have spent a lot of time in Oklahoma), deep involvement to the point of feeling pain. Had I not "known" you it would have been the same. DH is reading now so we'll see what he has to say.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Catherine, I can only imagine how overwhelming it would be to see so many people there for the signing of your book. Did you ever think it would get this big? I think it's so exciting.
Hope your legs are doing better today.
I forgot to tell you that I sent the check out last Monday, so it should be there soon to the publisher. Thanks again for a great read. Looking forward to the next chapters in your life.

Story, sounds like you've gotten yourself back on track and maybe even enjoying it a bit. Good for you!!

Bernice, you've had such great success so far, just hang in there and things will turn around for you.

Ratkity, hope you're on the mend and feeling better today.

Debi, congrats on the 20's fitting now!! Doesn't it feel great? Did you get to go for the ride on the lake? That sounds so nice and relaxing.

Annie, wow! Down to 256!!! You're doing so good. Is 160 what the doc said would be a good weight for you or is it what you want to get down to? I still don't know what my actual goal weight should be. Your garden sounds like it's really going well. Mine is still very little things in it. After the slugs and the bunnies, I'm lucky to have anything left.

Julee, have fun with your friend and hope it's not too hot!

Vicki, That's great you got that job and now you'll have holidays and stuff off. And it's great that you're back on track and can get back to the gym.Try and let your bf not get the best of you by showing off in front of his friends. Take care

Carol, take care of the head.

Zelma, have fun in the country. It will be so nice to relax and enjoy life for a while.

Etta, Just join in . We'd love to get to know you too!

Ria, sorry about the tourney but I' m sure you'll do great in the next one.

I weighed this morning, well I weigh every morning....LOL..and I'm down to my mini goal of 275 which I'm just so darned happy about. I've officially lost 76 lbs now! My family is happy for me, but they don't realize how hard this is, for all of us, so they don't get excited like I do, and that's why I'm so happy to have all of you who are going thru the same thing and realize how hard it is, but yet so rewarding.
My Mom gave me a pair of shorts, size 18s (a large 18) that she used to wear before she lost weight, and I told her, HA, these won't fit me for a looooooong time. So when I took them into the bedroom to put them away, I thought, well, I'll just see how far up I can get them. I couldn't believe it, but I got them all the way up, and even zipped and buttoned up!!!! Don't get me wrong, they were TIGHT, but they were up and on. I was totally amazed. To think a year ago April, I was in a size 32. My 22's are fitting comfortably now even though I haven't worn them, but tried them on while I tried the shorts on.. I was still wearing 24s. I would hold up the 22s, look at the butt, and say, mine's not going to fit in those yet, but they did. Such great NSV's plus the weight loss is so nice right now. So yeah, I'm a happy camper today.
Have a wonderful Saturday
Debbie
Old 06-28-2008, 04:08 PM   #104  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Went yesterday with DH to get his contacts renewed and a pair of really nice glasses as well....made an appt for today for my college daughter.....she needs glasses for reading purposes only....this summer with her nanny job she has read 12 books in the past month LOL so she has had headaches. She picked out some really cute ones! I go Monday to get my contacts adjusted I think I've seriously lost weight in my eyeballs LOL I have astigmatizam (sp?) and since losing weight I've started wearing my contacts more often and they keep moving around too much on my eyeballs LOL I know this sounds goofy but I seriously think something is different LOL gonna have the eye doc tell me what he thinks LOL Heck the first time I went to him 7 yrs ago....he was looking into my eyes with the light and nonchalantly asked me if I had had a hystorectomy, LOL I was caught off gaurd and a little leary of why he would want to know that LOL he said the reason was that he has seen alot of women that have had a hystorectomy at a young age need bifocals earlier than normal. strange huh? I love my contacts but hate that if I want to read I need to wear reading glasses, I think this time I will have him give me one eye for reading and one eye for far away.....last time they suggested that but I thought I would get sick with it.....they said my eyes would get use to it....does anyone else use contacts like this?

DH is taking me & the girls to a dinner show.....its called Derby Dinner Playhouse in Louisville......I LOVE this place! there are about 20 actors.....and they put on a performance in the center of the resturaunt as you eat your dinner tonight's is Beauty & the Beast....we have seen the Wizard of Oz and HONK (which was a play about the Ugly Duckling) wonderful performances they don't have alot of sets just some props and costume changes.....really nice place! The girls have never been so this will be fun for them!

I am watching what goes in my mouth and chewing alot of sugar free gum!!! LOL I've almost completely read through the "Fit & Fat" book and alot of it is sooooooo making sense of how much I need to work my muscles as I diet and walk! I've learned alot!!!! also have made a game plan for next week!!! copied some simple exercises to work my muscles without expensive equipment!!! LOL until that is too easy I will do those....then we will have to see about putting my DS's weight bench back up in the garage! I have access to the gym on base however I feel so self concious about going there....maybe Dh & I can go together??? not sure......his work schedule is wierd sometimes.....

Ok so I am taking Annie's advice and posting daily!!!! not sure what my posts will look like LOL but I know it is definitely important for me to stick around here for the positive posts I read!!!

Thanks everyone for the hugs!!!

Catherine I think you should think about movie idea!!! I would definitely go watch it in the theaters!!! as well as buy the DVD!!! LOL who knows maybe some no name actress would be willing to done the "fat suit" and become famous from your movie!!!!!

ok well we are getting ready to head out to the show...if we end up taking pictures while we are there I will post them.

LOVE all my SIL!!!!!
Bernice

PS Etta!!!! Jump right in and tell us a little about yourself and your plan of attacking the fat!!!! LOL!!! even though I'm in a funk this week........I've done wonderfully well so far....since Feb I've lost 46lbs this week I gained 3 of those back however I see them being gone if not Monday by next week at the latest!!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #105  

Bernice - my contacts were mono-vision for many years. When I had Lasik they did them that way too. I am 50 and still do not use reading glasses. When you have astigmatism it's a very good route go. My sister had RK about 30 years ago and now she uses a contact in one eye - seems strange but our body adapts - just think - it got used to all the weight we were carrying. Go for it!
Closed Thread