Old 06-17-2008, 12:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Default Rather embarrassing issue....

Hi Beautiful ladies of 3FC! I have a rather embarrassing issue. I live in California where it is hot in the summer.... I have noticed that when I sit down for long periods of time that the back of my thighs will sweat. If I'm not wearing black capris, you can see where I was sitting through my pants. Most of the time the rest of my body is not hot and I'm not even sweating it's just the back of my thighs. I have to wear black capris or long shirts that cover the back of my thighs so no one sees the sweat.

If I sit on a plastic booth like in a restaurant it's even worse.

I've tried deodorant and it doesn't work. Does this ever happen to anyone? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #2  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

i dont have this problem but maybe denim would be a good faberic to wear also maybe loose a line skirts in a breathable material ... also when your showered and your skin is dry maybe if you liberaly apply baby powder to the area and pat it in it will help absorb some of the moisture .... also you can try wearing biker shorts in a moisture wicking fabric under your clothes ask about them in your local sporting goods store my sister says between her thighs get sweaty and it rubs and it makes it uncomftable for her she wears biker shorts under her clothes to prevent the sweat build up
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/247/<200

Height: 5'9"

If you mean, when I get up, is there a noticable damp spot on the chair the shape of my inner thighs, yes. I usually "scooch" off a bench seat or quickly put my chair back under the table. It happens no matter what fabric I wear. Dunno about skirts since it has been decades since I wore one .
elmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #4  

It's so hard to explain. I even tried to google it and the closest thing I could find to it was actual but hole sweating, which is not the case! It's not from the inner thighs, it's on the back of my thighs. I've tried different types of fabrics, jeans, light denim, polyester, cotton, stretchy, skirts, shorts, it doesn't really matter what I wear, I still will sweat on the back of my thighs if I'm seated long enough. It's not where my knees are, it's literally on the back on my thighs. I hope I'm not the only person in the world that this happens to! Sometimes I'll sit on the very edge of a seat or take turns sitting on my foot and it helps. Any suggestions or even where I can go for more info?
Old 06-17-2008, 04:59 PM   #5  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

My thighs also are very hot, mostly on the front. I have to sleep with one blanket over my feet, and one over my top with my thighs exposed or I get too hot. I've tried finding out why, and no one has an answer. At home, in summer, I sit on a towel. You can't really do that in restaurants. I have seen women use a shawl, and when they get to their seat drape it over the back, and if they accidentally sit on part of it, no one will pay any attention. I haven't been out of the house in bare legs in about 17 years, so it's not such a huge issue for me.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #6  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Try Gold Bond medicated powder. Apply liberally. It's a God-send (and it is NOT just for old people!)
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Have you tried only deodorant, or an actual anti-perspirant?

The back of my thighs sweat, but not to the point that it's usually noticeable to anyone but me. I often have to use an antiperspirant antiperspirant under my breasts along the bra-line if I'm not wearing a cotton bra. If it's really going to be hot, I use it under the tummy too (the crease in the fat apron).
When I was working, I'd use antipersperant and powders (Gold Bond and others).

I'm on disability now, and ironically the problem is mostly resolved. I wear mostly cotton knit and denim skirts now. I also switched to a knit cotton boxer style underwear, and the increased circulation really minimizes the sweating problem. I think that loose clothing and natural fibers made the biggest difference, but having more control over my environment is a big part of it too, though.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #8  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I know it's the 300+ thread, but I just wanted to say that it happens to me too! Even in an air conditioned restaurant, I get bum/thigh sweat marks and it's sooo embarrassing. No recommendations to fix it, but you're not alone!!!
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #9  

Do you think I need to talk to my doctor? It's so annoying in the summer.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #10  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i love gold bond powder.

does this sweating happen on cloth seats too or just the plastic and pleather? i wear long pants when we go out cause i stick to the seats and i hate that.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #11  

not as much on cloth seats, but it still makes me nervous just in case. I'll buy some gold bond powder to see if it helps. Will the powder get on my dark clothes?
Old 06-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #12  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
not as much on cloth seats, but it still makes me nervous just in case. I'll buy some gold bond powder to see if it helps. Will the powder get on my dark clothes?
yep and it smells rather medicinal... but boy does it work..
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #13  

I don't know which one I would rather have? powdered medicine or sweaty butt? I wonder what is causing it? hmmmm..... I'm tired of wearing black capris... I have really cute clothes that I can't wear.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

There's a cosmetic procedure that can be done that actually temporarily deactivates sweat glands. I saw it on one of the talk shows, maybe Tyra. I don't remember if it was like a botox or a laser treatment or something, but it was a fairly inexpensive (what they mean my that though, I don't know) procedure, and one woman, if I'm remembering correctly had it done on her underarms and under the breast area and on the palms of her hands, because she would soak through her clothing (and this was a very tiny woman). She just had overactive sweat glands in those areas, and never was able to give a "dry" handshake.

I'm not saying you need that drastic a solution, but thought I'd mention it.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 150/145/125

Height: 5'4"

Red face

Quote:
There's a cosmetic procedure that can be done that actually temporarily deactivates sweat glands. I saw it on one of the talk shows, maybe Tyra. I don't remember if it was like a botox or a laser treatment or something, but it was a fairly inexpensive...
Yeah, it's a botox substance. The doctor injects little pockets in the area you wish and it blocks the sweat glands. So you should have very little to no sweating. It's not a permanent solution and you'll have to keep getting injections, but from the sounds of it it's worth it. A deodorant I really like is the Secret Clinical Strength. It blocks the sweat glands from the outside.
eriningp is offline   Reply With Quote