Old 06-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #46  
start march 29 2008

S/C/G: 286/140/135

Height: 5'4''

One thing we sometimes get afraid of is eating fat and you do need fat in your diet to lose weight. Not that you can't lose weight on a low fat diet. I find that alot of my main meals are low fat so for snacks I tend to add in food that has a little more fat into it. I also make sure that I don't eat more than 1 a day of any processed snack -for me it is just to avoid bad habits. If I find a food I like I can eat it any time so 1x day is my limit.
If it is a processed snack I generally cut the serving size in half-particularly if it has sweetner in it ie sugar alcohols or corn syrup since I have read conflicting things on how it affects everyones weight loss.

Laughing Cow Cheese (light or regular) alone or on celery *LC cheese I do eat more than once day and it does not negatively impact my weight loss
Laughing Cow Cheese and mini baguettes- 100 cal snack that I can pack and have with me at anytime. But I have gotten into the habit of eating one of these as an after dinner snack.

Fiber 1 bar- I tend to only eat 1/2 one- because they really taste like something I shouldn't be eating and I am afraid it will make me want other things.

Protein bar- I only ever eat 1/3 of one and it is usually as an emergency if I am having a late lunch or dinner.

Kashi Bar dark chocolate and Cherry- 1/2 bar-very good but more like bird seed than fiber 1

Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich- 1/2 sandwhich and rarely (just for self-control purposes)

If I am really hungry I will have some fiber 1 or presidents choice fiber cereal after about 20 min- hunger is gone for a long time.

If I have left over meat from dinner i will sometimes have 2 oz as a snack.

I also find that having a steak every once and a while helps with my weightloss- strange but I think it is either because of increased fat or just a change for my body.
lifechange is offline   Reply With Quote