Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Catherine - I really was asking how many have been printed and what the projected sales in quantity are. It is hard to step into a new space isn't it. Remember - you are a strong confident woman - if you need a little more reassurance after that then visualize all of us standing right behind you - we've got you back sister! And then when you need a laugh just remember the upcoming book tour. I am so glad to hear you were back to the pool today - I'm sure it felt great to be 'home" - I hope you aren't too sore today - 500 crunches after a good workout is alot - wow.

Good morning all - I need to go work on my May exercise minutes. Hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:23 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Okay I really thought it was my pc being stupid, thank goodness it's all sorted!
Zelma I've just applied for a post as a Learning Mentor to post 16 students who need extra support, the new unit is being readied for September & I know IF I get it I will be expected to do some lesson plans as well as supporting individual students. Thank gooness I won't have to mark stuff at home though!!!! I think that teachers, given the work involved in training and finally teaching just aren't paid enough, like firemen, nurses & other 'key workers'. If you went into banking or similar careers you could easily add a ZERO onto your salary. Good job there are people like you & dmpls who are special enoigh to be on the 'front line' BTW LOVE the fringe though I liked you hair a touch darker,lol (hope you don't mind me saying so!)xxxxxxxx
Anne, I sent you a pm, hope that you keep in touch & don't stay away too long.xxxxxxx
Annie GOOD LUCKxxxxx Hope the job is everything you want. Let us know how it goes & WTG on getting up early to exercise, wish you'd send me some of that vitality & willpower!!!xxxxxx
Okay, things have been not so good here, money worries & stuff BUT I'm trying not to dwell on it, sadly my food hasn't been good, WHY??? Why, whenever things go bad do I reach for crisps(chips) chocolate etc? Anyone with tips on how NOT TO DO THIS would be really appreciated. I sent off the application form for the job so it's crossing fingers time, hubby is making me apply for a job in a local discount store which I REALLY don't want but we need the money. Okay, moan over! I hope no one minds me 'going on' as it really helps me think & calms me down, I can't talk to hubby as he's worried enough but pm me if you're sick of me moaning & I'll stop.
Right I have to do a shopping list & get sorted out THANKS for 'listening'xxxxx
xxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 06-07-2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

I count getting up and getting online everyday as a blessing now!!

Enjoying my daughter being home....not enjoying her dirty laundry!! I finally got mine caught up and then she brings in hers.
Well my scales were nice today and i lost 1.4lbs. IF i had exercised more i would have lost more... But I weigh the same as hubby!! dmpls- lets get busy on our exercise again!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend
debi
Old 06-07-2008, 08:17 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Story -- Feeling your workout IS a good thing! You might feel a gain, but probably because of muscles retaining water. Muscle doesn't build that quickly, especially in women.

Julee -- Breaking up with a nail tech doesn't sound like fun. I wish you luck! But it sounds like the new one is worth it! Speaking of which -- I need a pedicure soon!

Sharon -- Good luck with the job!

I'll be glad when graduation is OVER. I like watching all the students graduate, but HATE sitting in hot humid weather in black robes...

But at least then summer begins. No more evening and weekend work!

Last edited by Heather; 06-07-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:22 AM   #20  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Sharon - I don't mind you saying you prefer my hair a touch darker, because that is what I think as well now. Because it is framing my face more I think I need to get it a little more 'golden-brown' rather than so much blonde.
I know you have worked in a teaching (or similar) role before and I am sure you do a fantastic job. I hope that you have success with your application. I take my hat off to people who can work with very little kids, special needs kids and older (teenage) kids. I like to stick to the 'safe' ages of 6/7 to 11/12.
Oh... and if you can't moan (which I don't think you are doing anyway) to us here, then we are doing something wrong. I like the fact that we can come here with our good times AND our bad and we will still be welcomed with a hug and some comforting/encouraging/congratulating words.

Bernice - I taught Ed Support my first 6 years and that wore me out. We ended up getting too many kids who were just behaviour problems, not just ones who had disabilities of some kind. It is very difficult teaching when your Down's and mentally disabled kids were shaking because they didn't know if the violent kid was going to thump them in the head as he walked past. I know well the environment in which you work and I think you deserve any kind of recognition you get, if/when it is given. I'm not sure what time span is involved in the 'in-class' work the ladies who are working on their Teaching Degree have to do. Normally over here the teaching practice is done every year, starting with a day a week in the classroom in their first year followed by a one week practicum in that same class. Then in the second year they do 2 two-week practicums, third year it is 2 four-week practicums and then in their fourth and final year they do 2 eight-week practicums. These are done in a range of age levels so that they get a feel for what age they want to work with. I like your way of having 6 months in the classroom, as it would give you an excellent idea of how a classroom is run, but I also like the way we do it because it offers variety and caters for problems that may arise such as clashes with classroom teachers etc. At least this way they get to see how a number of people run their classrooms. I have had one or two 'interesting' student teachers, but I have also had a lot of AMAZING ones. I have a feeling that you would be an amazing one.

Catherine - I hope you get over some of the worry/nerves/confusion over the upcoming book launch and people's responses to you book. I would love you to simply enjoy yourself at the book launch and enjoy the accolades you may get. You truly do deserve it. I agree with Carol and you just need to remember that WE believe in you and we know what a wonderful person you are. Just picture all of us smiling at you as you sign those books. We are proud to 'know' you and I know that I, for one, wish I could be at that book launch to give you a congratulatory hug.

Story - I am glad you are enjoying your new-found routine of early morning exercise. That is my favourite time to exercise for a couple of reasons. One is that it wakes me up for the day and I feel refreshed and the other reason is that at least then it is over and done with for the day! Lately I have been getting up a little later, or having too much to do and I have had to be exercising after work. I am very tired then and don't work NEARLY as hard as I would in the morning. Perhaps I have to make a bigger effort to get back to morning workouts. I am glad that you have been told about a possible increase in weight with a new workout regimen. I used to really worry when that happened, because I didn't know the cause of the weight gain. At least it all balances out after a while and the weight loss begins again.

Julee - I hope you got the face mask off in time and it isn't permanently concreted to your face. I hate the way those things feel when they harden, but I LOVE the way my skin feels once they are washed off.
I am glad you enjoyed your pedicure at the new place. I won't have a pedicure because I have awful toenails - really thick and yuck. I also don't really like people touching my feet. I love manicures though.
I truly hope that your hubby has success in finding a new position. It is awful when you know that the best move would be for him to leave his current job, but you can't afford for him to not be working. I had that situation a while ago and it caused a lot of stress in my life. I resented the fact that I HAD to be in a job that I felt I was losing my sanity over. (see message to Bernice) I know you will be giving him as much support as you can, but I know that it is hard for the spouse to watch the stress and know how to cope. Just make sure you keep looking after yourself.

Debi - I am glad you are enjoying your time with your daughter. Congratulations on the scale victory!! You must be getting some extra exercise in with all that dancing with joy you are doing! I know I was thrilled when I weighed the same as hubby. Now I just have to keep working to stay UNDER what he weighs. He never weighs himself though, so I'm never sure, but I think I am doing OK. I also LOVED fitting into his pants. THAT was a victory!
Remember that if the site ever goes down again you can always come over here to do MY housework. I wish I had used my 'down time' from 3FC to do something productive like that. I just sat here and surfed the Net... kinda lost. Sad huh?

Anne - I'm not sure if you'll come back for a quick read before you leave for your break from the board, but I want you to know that we will be thinking of you. It is understandable that sometimes this whole journey just gets to be a little too much and you need to step back and gather your energy again. I hope to see you in a month's or so time all refreshed and ready to chat again.

Heather - Thanks for changing the number of the thread. I didn't even TRY to work out the maths of things, I just wanted to get us up and running again.
I'm glad you were able to pass on the treats at the events you have been to. I have to say that I haven't had as much luck and I have had to pull myself in again. My weight crept up a few pounds (again) that I could no longer blame on hormones, as it wasn't going down again as much as it should. So I'm back (well, I didn't really go off the wagon, I just dangled my legs over the side for a while) and trying to tell myself that it just isn't an option again. I know I can do it, but it is still a little frustrating now and then.
Remember... black is SLIMMING. Those robes may be hot, but at least they make you LOOK good. Well... as much as robes can make anyone look good.

Well... I think I've covered everyone. We have had a lovely, fairly relaxing, Saturday and I think I'm ready to go to bed and read for a while. It is quite chilly, so snuggling under the covers with a book sounds very nice.

Take care all,

Zelma

Last edited by ZedAus; 06-07-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #21  

Zelma -- I keep trying to get back on track and then blow it. Last week there was a day I ate three bagels! Not to mention other stuff.

The nice thing is, every day is a new opportunity to get it right!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #22  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Do you suppose the sever crash was the work of really skinny terrorist/hackers? They want to rule the world by keeping all us fat chicks right where we are. They probably have a secret base somewhere, maybe Paris or Milan, someplace where supermodels hang out not eating. That would make a great plot for my next book.

I'm so sore today. Saying I overdid it is an understatement. Himself pulled a hammy. Probably the first time in his life he could say to the guys, "yeah, I pulled a hammy at the gym." I'm sure he won't mention that he pulled it using the noodle in a water aerobics class with a bunch of middle aged fat ladies. At least I have an excuse to not mow the lawn. I may have subconsciously overdid it. Maybe that would work to get me out of going on Monday.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:36 PM   #23  

Catherine -- A server conspiracy theory -- I love it!

I hope you do decide to go on Monday. Sore muscles heal in a day or two!
Old 06-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Annie, Congrats on starting the new job. It's great you get off early too and they don't allow overtime. I hope this is the job that's meant for you and you're happy in it.

Anne, if your reading, hope you can do what you plan to do, for whatever reasons they are. I myself, could not go without this site and it's postive affect it's had on me. If it wasn't for these ladies, you included, I wouldn't of stuck it out as long as I have. No one understands what we go thru as much as these ladies.

Bernice, are those little chickies yours? OOOOooo I get it, it's representing 3fc maybe? Cute!!

Catherine, I'm so glad that your book is so successful. I still haven't ordered yet, but really look forward to it when I have it in my hands and read away. Take deep breaths and you'll do just fine.

Debi, Yay on the 1.4 lbs gone!!

I had to really go around the hard way to find my way back here. For some reason the link I have on my faves, isn't getting me here. I'll have to redo it.
Hope all are having a great weekend. We're off to go walk around town and enjoy the "Blast From the Past" with all the old cars and crafty booths.
toodles
Debbie
Old 06-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #25  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

ROFL!!!! Catherine!!! I love the idea of your next book!!! LOL too funny!!

Zelma-I have thought about taking night classes to get my teaching degree.....we have two special ed classrooms for severely low students with physical disabilities. IE: Down's, Autisim, seizure disorders, CP, as well as head trama or any other forms of MR. the one I work in is FMD Functionally Mentally Disabled....the second one is MMD multi-mentally Disabled.....in the second class they are more physically functioning yet not academically advanced enough for a regular classroom. I love the room I'm in.....maybe if this position in the office doesn't come through I will look into classes, the MMD teacher has said he has 7more years till he retires.....not sure yet....since we have 2 in college and DH is going as well.......our youngest is going into her Junior year of HS......so she is more independent and doesn't need me as much.....I just don't want to miss out on things she does because of class schedules.....but it is a thought in the back of my mind. I think with the 6mths in classroom training...if I have a job in the field already they count that time.....they have an emergency certification process for those who have not done student teaching but have all the rest of the credit hours....still it is 4 years....I can do most of those online or evening classes.....I guess it wont hurt to look into it. its just so hard to think of starting something like that at 42! LOL I Ishould of taken more college classes but was busy having babies LOL! I didn't want to miss out on my kids growing up! Now that they are all gone almost I'm thinking more about it. DH would support me either way I go....he has always told me to look into teaching......so we will see.

Debi-YES I need a kick in the bottom about exercise....I loved going to Curves HOWEVER getting myself to GO is the issue......it is not on the way to anything I do......so it is a special trip and I find myself not doing it enough to warrent the cost of it.......

so I will start Monday with my DVD & the treadmill and then we will see how I do on my WI NEXT monday......this coming monday is probably going to be no loss (which is ok) or a 1 pound loss....my scale keeps jumping back and forth LOL ............I just dont want to waste time!!! I want each week to be productive!

ok I'm through ranting....

gonna go pick up an excercise mat from freecycler......then take my DD to an audition....not sure where this will go.....not sure if this is a legit business but we will go check it out....Brenda Song uses them(she is from Suite life of Zack & Cody) LOL so we will see....if they want $$$$ then we will take a pass on it.

ttyl
Bernice
Old 06-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #26  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

Well after slacking off I finally got back on my diet Sunday the 1st, and I'm down 12 pounds. I was trying to post how I was happy that I was able to fit my flannel pajama pants that are a size smaller, I didn't know what to do since the website was down. I'm happy everything is ok now and I'm glad to see that everyone is doing well.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #27  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Debbie-the chickies represent 3FCers!!!! LOL thought they were cute and I couldn't find the image of me I made for my avatar just before the crash LOL.....
Old 06-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi chickies,

I've been back from vacation for a week. It was a wonderful vacation. I had a great time visiting my friends and seeing beautiful sights. We walked a lot and I was right there with my normal-sized friends. This trip was so different from the last time I went to Europe. Last time I was miserable, unable to keep up the pace physically, and having a hard time fitting into seats. That being said, I ate like it was my last opportunity to have good food and wine, and couldn't pass up the outstanding bakeries and the cream and butter laden foods.

Upon my return, there was news from and issues with my family, and lots of tears, anguish, and helpless anger about the situation.

Then I went back to my new job to find that a restructuring was underway. My boss is gone and my job still exists, but the exact nature of the work is to be determined.

I've had a hard time with eating. It would have been hard enough coming back from the eating party in Europe, but on top of it all the newness and change in my life is throwing me for a loop. My clothes are tight. I must establish a routine asap.

Today was a nail-biter all the way through, with my attempt to clean up my eating and control my urges for large amounts of fatty, carby foods. I ate about 2200 calories, which isn't a deficit day, but it is so much better than it has been, plus I ate decent foods. It's a start. I have been reflecting on how and why I have slipped back into the hopeless, powerless attitude about eating and allowing myself to overeat when I know what misery it brings.

Today, also, I took a long walk, and when I looked in the mirror afterward, my complexion was glowing. My body loves when I take care of it, and I haven't lost ground with my health yet. So I know I can pull this back in and take care of myself again so that I can live life fully.

I probably won't be able to post very often from now on, but I will be reading. Working full time plus running a part time business is keeping me extremely busy.

Hugs to all of you.

Last edited by BattleAx; 06-07-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:12 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Morning all...

Well it seems that I mmissed a crashed server?? Glad I was MIA for a while caue I would have sworn it was my puter and would have probably thrown it out the window.

As for me..life has not been very nice latley lol

Some of yall know I have very irregular periods..apparently due to me being obese. Well I have not had one since Feb..well last week it showed up! And it is HORRIBLE!! So besides the obvious..I have been moody! To the point I cant stand myself lol.

I have also not been to the gym since last week because well..walking on a tread mill in my "condition" is not something I want to try.

Most of you know we are raising my 15 yr old cousin while his mom is doing time in prison. This is not going well at all. Emotionally and financially. Hubby and I feel like we are being thrown in a dryer on high and being tumbled in 40 different directions. Don't get me wrong..hes not a bad kid at all. It is the stress of someone else living with you. And let me tell you the 53.00 a month I get from CPS for him does not go far. Hubby and I decided to try and become licensed foster parents. It will take about 4 months to complete and the amount of money we get will greatly increase. This will allow us to do more things with him. Also pay for the added expenses of him being here. I had talked to my family, which i come from a large one, and NO ONE wants to take him!!!! I also know if he goes back to CPS, he will be in a group home til he is 18. Most people want to take in younger kids. So for now we are going ahead with the licesensing.

My brother is also staying here. AND not helping out at all. He was suppose to move in for a while and save his money to get a place. I have not given him a deadline to move out. By end of July. For one I am stressed out!! BUt alos he cant live here if we want to be licesnsed. I dont know if he thinks i am being mean or what but that is that.

So I have been doing alot of crying and praying. I am not really religious, but I know that it helps t talk to him.

Thanks all for listening to me rant. I hope next post will be alot better.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:34 AM   #30  

Battle -- I know you may not be posting much, but I'm in a similar food situation .. have been eating too much and need to get it under control. I can't seem to move from overeating to deficits in one move. Having a day or two that is merely controlled is my MO. Each new day is a chance to do better.

So glad you enjoyed your vacation. It's hard to go from that to stress. Be nice to your body and give yourself some time to de-stress!

Graduation wasn't too bad yesterday. I'm still decompressing from a stressful year, and likely will be for a while, but I'm starting to focus my sights on losing the weight I've gained.

Last edited by Heather; 06-08-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Closed Thread