Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Kayley- I agree with Catherine. Check at local store, that is where I would start and also under the arms! I have done some that way! It will fit and you will look beautiful. Stop worrying!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #47  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon all,

I'll be back to do personals later in the afternoon. I just thought I'd stop in and share a picture with you. It's the first of my new lunches I made. It was almost a little too meaty, but meant to be served with a side of veggies, I suppose that's a good thing. I think if I was making it for a dinner dish I'd probably add some onion and/or celery, and maybe some oats to make it less dense. For what it was made for I think it worked out well. I've never had much luck adding in pictures so that the are served from my Flickr account, so I'll just link to my blog entry. If anyone is interested in the recipe I'll add it to the recipe section later (with some comments about what might improve it for a dinner recipe).

http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/rea...af-with-salsa/
Old 05-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Anne - I'm hungry after looking at that - please post the recipe.

Carpets did not get cleaned last night - perhaps a blessing in disguise as we had one sick pup all night long and the only way to get her outside is via the living room so we would have been walking on them wet. Tonight is the plan.

I have to say the new shoes were great last night - no blisters, no rubbing and no pain on the top of my feet after - they are keepers!

Off to continue the spring cleaning - gotta be quick before summer gets here.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 05-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #49  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

today was a good day! even though ive been coughing up a lung!!! we all got sick on our trip! Work went well....wish school was out for the summer but we go till next friday!

Went to curves on Monday after school.....then tried to go yesterday during the day (we were out of school for the primaries) but got there during their lunch hour and never got back around to do it yesterday.....went again today after school. I feel crudy.....sniffling, sneezing and scratchy throat.....tonight is DD's Chorus performance....its a play.....so I will go to that in a little while and then go to bed!

I really haven't been eating enough calories....mostly because I don't feel good........I also have to go to the store!!! I'm out of everything!!! LOL
Old 05-21-2008, 05:00 PM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

I just posted in the pool. Lets get it filled the rest of the way up!! I did much better when i was posting my water daily. I have been keeping track and really slacking on how much i drink many days. I have had as little as 3 bottles some days.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #51  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I tried posting in the pool too but I just kept gettng bogged down with posting results in so many places. I just keep tick marks on the white board now.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Penny: I hope you can take a picture of your dog pretty soon. I'd love to see him. That settles it, I'm gonna get some PB2.

Anne: Thanks for posting the pics of the food. It looks yummy.

Carol: I think it is a good thing that you didn't get to the carpet cleaned before your doggies got sick. Poor babies.

Bernice: I hope you feel better soon.

I'm feeling under the weather a bit too. I have been taking it easy today. Meeting with my old employer tomorrow at 11:30 in the morning to see about working there again for a bit. Wish me luck and send good thoughts please.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 05-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #53  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Still a little disappointed that I did not make my birthday goal. Trying to remember the big picture of over all loss this far. Mind you I did get side tracked on planning my meals and did not go off plan. But ate to late at night and carbs to late at night. I really need to get my food in early in the day. I guess I am still learning about what my body really needs and when. But my bad habit of not eating all day then waiting til dinner and after the kids went to bed starting to trickle back in over the weekend. I must remember to schedule in time to eat!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #54  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Still didn't get to mow, it's still raining. We had wildfires a few days ago, so it's just as well. We need the rain.

I still don't have any energy. I actually had to take a nap this afternoon. I'm going to look at my diet to see if I'm missing something. Himself even said I looked ill today. Thanks, that's just what a woman wants to hear.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:36 PM   #55  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Good day all,

I'm keeping this open while I'm doing other things today, so we'll see when I finally get it posted. I'm having friends over tonight for dinner, so it might end up being a late night post. It's still pretty cold out today and I'm really starting to wonder if I'm going to go buy plants tomorrow or not. I think I'll probably risk it and if the low is to be too cold tomorrow just leave the new stuff in the garage. It's just that Thursday is my rest day so I'll have the free time to do it. Then Friday after I get my strength training done I can plant madly for the afternoon.

I was waiting in the meat department of the grocery store yesterday. It seems as though they had a problem with the cooling system over the weekend and had to toss quite a bit of stuff out. So, I was waiting there for them to cut some ribs for me, and I'm surrounded by all kinds of things. My old favourite Hamburger Helper in a bin near the ground beef case (although the last time I had it I used soy crumbles and it's not that bad). Boxes of chicken wings (although boxed frozen wings aren't really good), and other quite yummy looking things. It probably didn't help that it was early in the morning and I'd only had a light breakfast (with little sleep). However, I was strong and only came home with what I went for. Well, I did come home with some tortillas that weren't on the list, but they'll go into the freezer tomorrow. So far I've been good, eating and exercising to plan. I haven't gone for my usual swim today though. Partly because it's too darn cold though. It also seems like too much work to take the blanket off and put it back on again. It wouldn't be so bad if it was sunny and warm (even warmish as it was yesterday).

Before I do the personals - a thanks to all those who offered their congratulations. I do appreciate them (even as I struggle with my feelings over it). Thanks.

Xena - I'll leave it up to you if snacking during the day is necessary or not. However, if you decide that you want to continue it, why not just change up what you're eating. I say this because I take both a morning and an afternoon snack, and I don't really plan to change that in the fall when I'm back in school. Chosing something that's good for you and works into your eating plan might be a better choice. (veggies with hummus, measured portions of nuts/soy nuts, etc.)

Kayleystar - sleep, you need more sleep. I'm usually very bad about that, but I'm trying very hard to change that. I used to be a 5-hour a night person myself as well. Now I'm pretty close to 8 hours a night. What a difference in my energy levels. I now notice the nights that I don't get 6 hours or more affects me a lot, both energy and hunger levels. I know it's easier said than done, but try for more.

Ratkitten - good luck with the TOM demons. They can be quite persistent, but I'm sure you can defeat them. I see from a later post that you managed to avoid stress eating, so you're having a very good week!

Cyn - oh dear, that's no fun (with the computer). I'm hit and miss with regular back-ups... maybe I should do one soon...

Val - you're right about the working out. I find that when I'm doing it regularly I'm far less likely to consider eating crap. It diminishes the effort of working out, so that helps. Glad you're having lots of fun with your riding.

Catherine - my father was the same, anything I wanted to do as long as I did it well (and to the best of my ability). Of course I was also supposed to be an Engineer (like him). Well, 3 years of college, a couple of years of night school after that, and an exam, and I might just finally fulfil his plans. Although I was supposed to be a Chemical Engineer (as he was), but I think he'd be happy. It's a shame when parents can't be happy for their children unless they are doing (fitb), isn't it?

Annie - my sinuses are bothering me as well. As much as I love the beginning of spring I know it's always going to bring sinus problems. I hope your interview went well. And I see you have a meeting with your old employer tomorrow - my best wishes for that as well.

Julee - boo, hiss, I'd kill for 78 right now (it's not breaking 50 here today).

Carol - cleaning, ick. I finally did the spring clean in the basement yesterday. Pulled out the couches / furniture, washed covers and pillow covers, took cushions outside and whacked them about (as well as vacuuming). Hmmm... maybe that's why my sinuses were so bad this morning. As well as the pollen allergy I'm also allergic to dust.

Sharon - No, I really don't do low sugar versions, although I do often cut it back a bit from the original recipe (but not much). I don't use pectin though (pectin jams usually have more sugar in them) and cutting out too much sugar means that it won't thicken. If you make low sugar jams they don't store as well, and usually you have to keep them in the freezer. I've seen recipes with gelatin as well, but haven't tried any. This year when I'm making jams I will likely try working out calorie counts for what I make and maybe I'll be surprised (hopefully it's not as bad as I think).

Debi - depending on what I'm up to tomorrow and Friday I might not be back on - so, I hope you have fun with the graduation celebrations this weekend. It's amazing isn't it, how many calories that small amounts of junk food can have. It does tend to make me stop and think. I've bought small (1 oz) bags of mini jelly beans once in a while, but they aren't really worth the calories most of the time. It was a good choice to have your egg beaters though, the sugar would likely have made you more hungry.

Penny - that must me a trait of labs in general. We had a yellow lab years ago and if she could find dirt, muddy water, whatever, she would roll around in it like mad. She used to make a mad dash for the gate when she could, and chasing her didn't work. It was funny, but all you had to do was get in the car and open the door and she'd hop right in. As much as she loved running around, she loved the car more. Silly animal - but she was a sweetie.

Carol - I did post the recipe in the recipes section this afternoon. I meant to go back and tell you that, but perhaps you've seen it already.

Bernice - if you're not feeling well, and not eating to your usual levels then you might want to consider giving the extra exercise a rest. You don't want to run yourself down. Take care, and hope you're all better soon.

Debi - I stopped posting because I'm very consistent with water (and I really did keep forgetting). If I can figure out when I last posted I will add mine tonight.

Julia - that's why I really try not to make time specific goals. I'm afraid I'll be disappointed if I don't make them. My goals are simpler, like eating to certain levels every day, and doing my planned exercise. These things I can control, the speed at which my body gives up its weight I don't seem to be able to.

Well, my friends are gone (that's the good thing about weeknight dinners), so I'll get this posted. We usually do this on a weekend (around the long holiday) and usually on the patio. Schedules just didn't allow for it this time, so rather than put it off we did it mid-week. This kept the time much shorter than it usually goes, but it was still nice. Now I need to go to sleep so I can get up early and get going with the plant buying! Hope everyone is having a great week.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:28 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I keep thinking I will have time for personals, but by the time I'm done reading, I have to leave!

So, no personals.

We got wii fit today. Some of the games are fun, but a challenge for me still (the balance games). All my yoga practice seems to have paid off, however!!

I'm doing better this week keeping the eating under control. I made a change to the timing of my breakfast and it seems to be helping cut down on an extra morning snack! And staying busy at night is helping too.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #57  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

I have made some really bad food choices this week. And when I say really, I mean I have used up all my flex points plus 3. I'm not giving up on WW because I think it's a great option, but I am going to have to just start saying 'not an option' when I reach for the crap foods. Today was better, but I definitely had to keep busy.

I also broke out in hives, so apparently I'm just good at believing I have the stress under control when I really don't. I also failed my first test in college, in my best subject ever. Yep.. time to do something. I have a doctor's appointment next week and I think I will ask about possibly trying an antidepressant. I'm just not myself and I know this.

Yesterday and today I moved furniture around at the office. It took us from 8am yesterday to 5:30pm last night, and then again from 8am to 4:00pm today to get everything moved around. We haven't even sorted or put things away yet. I have been soooo busy, but it has worked out okay.

Tomorrow my dad is having surgery and then Friday or Saturday DH is leaving for KS. We are having a trial separation. I have very mixed feelings about this, but truthfully we just can't keep going the way we have been. I guess if it's meant to be, it will be - and if it's not, we'll know soon enough.

I wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes and support. I don't know what I'd do without this place, and the wonderful people here!

Last edited by brandnewme; 05-22-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:39 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Hi gals,
I've been MIA lately because of my back. I worked a 7 hr shift at Walmart and by the time I got home, I couldn't move. I've been in bed quite a bit because of it, and I had to quit Walmart. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. They had me going out in the rain to get carts, waiting on other cashiers, but I finally got to work the register and it was sorta fun. The back just can't handle it though, so I'm back to figuring out what to do now. Jim really doesn't want me to work anyhow, so I'll come up with something to make a few extra bucks.

You ladies have been talking up a storm so I'm not even going to try and do personals. Sheesh!! Can you talk!!!!

Tomorrow I'm going to get out and start walking outside. I haven't done any exercise at all, and I'm signed up for the 3fc Memorial Day 5K, so I better get my butt in gear. It's been a bit cold and rainy, but I think it's suppose to clear up so I'm going to get my Mom out there with me. She needs to exercise as much as I do!! I haven't been making the best choices food wise either, so I doubt I'll see a lose. Hopefully I will stay at least the same.

Debbie
Old 05-22-2008, 01:30 AM   #59  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

I agree with you Anne on the extra exercise and low calorie days....today I've felt it....I almost stopped mid Curves cycle.....but thought better of it......at least I couldn't quit in the middle of it.

I really haven't eaten anywhere near 1200 calories today! I tried to eat some triscuits with laughing cow cheese a bit ago........and it scratched my throat.....will see how I feel tomorrow.

Think I will take some oatmeal to work with me and make that for lunch.....I ate some vegies and a wheat roll for lunch today......drinking lots of water though.

Sorry Debi I haven't been posting my water.....this week I've been drinking alot more too! I will start up tomorrow keeping daily track of it! Here I started the swimming pool filling and I've dropped the ball!

Debbie sorry to hear about your back! I use to work at the base grocery store and Yes scanning can kill your back! The cart pushing probably didn't help much either!

My back has been hurting a bit since sleeping on the hotel bed.....tooooo soft! today it feels alot better.....but for a few days I took my muscle relaxers!

well I'm heading off to bed.....hope all have a good day tomorrow!

Bernice
Old 05-22-2008, 03:02 AM   #60  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Nothing new here...my eyes are still a mes from my allergies although the Claritin did make me stop sneezing. My energy was off and on all day...I felt like I was going to fall asleep on the spot a few times...I did not like it at all. I'm up .6 over the last 2 weeks...which I don't see as super significant. I haven't tried too hard...and I haven't been too bad either...I had TOM last week and I am retaining water for sure...even thought all I have done since 6:30 tonight is pee. Go figure.

YAY FOR DAVID COOK!!! And BOO to TIVO for cutting off right when theyw ere going to say the lsat name. No matter...I already knew who won by the time I saw the show...which of course got me all choked up because seeing men cry makes me cry.

I'm off to staff the last youth group convention of the year this weekend. Meals are all pre-planned so I don't get much say so in the matter. Some meals are easier for me to handle and account for...Friday night is chicken and Saturday lunch is deli (turkey and salad for me). I am packing string cheese and light tortillas and other snacks that will carry me over on long breaks...but I also know that Sunday lunch is pizza and that Saturday night is either pasta or falafel...and I don't like either terribly much. But it is what it is and I am who I am and I know that I can control myself...

I am off to bed to try to sleep off whatever kicked my butt today...sorry for no personals...I am literally falling asleep in my chair.
Closed Thread