Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #16  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Ok so I'm not going to even attempt to catch up with you crazy yaking women!!! LOL

thanks for viewing the slideshow of the boy! Yes I'm very proud of him!

I went to Curves today and didn't talk to a soul there! Don't know if I like that too much! I'm a talker (if you haven't noticed) so If people don't talk while I'm there not sure if it is worth continuing!!!

Ok so I need some prayers, I applied yet again for a position in the office.........I applied for this same exact position last year and they said they went with someone with more experience...........well that women never took the job.........so they just had another girl in our building finish out last year.......I'm not sure if they "didn't" choose me because of "me" or if it was because, the teacher that I work with went on maternity leave at the same time.....so that would mean two staff changes for our classroom which has a VERY hard time with any kind of change........I have experience in the job.........all volunteering but still did the same things........I have TONS of computer experience.......so anyways if you could keep me in prayer over this.........and if I don't get this office position.........If I should keep looking for an office position or just stay in the classroom......not sure what I should do.

thanks
Bernice
Old 05-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #17  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Hey Anne I just noticed you lost 101! That is exciting! I am so happy for you! Did this just happen this past week?
Old 05-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Anne: Huge congrats on reaching and passing the 100 pounds mark! Great job. Glad that you enjoyed the party and fireworks. Hope you get to swim later.

Bernice: Thank you for the slide show. I loved it and your family is beautiful! I will be praying for you to get the office position. Hugs.

Cleaned most of the windows inside and out and the chandelier over the dining room table. Been watering the front yard too. We don't have auto sprinklers so I have to move it by hand every 20 minutes. I'm almost done with that then I can finish the front windows on the outside.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 05-19-2008, 06:31 PM   #19  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Realist - im surprised no one said this yet, but its the obvious one for me. you probabally arent hungry, youre probabally thirsty. you should be getting at least 64 oz of water a day. when you think you are hungry drink a large glass of water and wait a few mins. you should be ok. if not, try any of these suggestions
Old 05-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #20  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Bernice - I think if you aren't offered the position you could ask what training you might do to improve your chances next time. If they hesitate when you ask that question, then it might be you. If they offer good constructive answers, then try and do what they've said (but keep looking). Good luck though (hope you get it this time).

Julia - yes, I went past the 307 mark this weigh-in. I thought it might take another week, but I had a good loss last week. Thanks.

Annie - also thanks. I think in the end I'm looking for anything under 282 before I get too excited (my lowest weight before I ended up in the hospital). Even the 300 mark, which is now close, doesn't mean quite as much. I try to keep positive, but I think somewhere in my head I still beat myself up a lot for regaining. Once I'm past 282, healthy, and still continuing to lose, I might let myself off the hook a little. Maybe.

Luan - that's a good point, one I hadn't thought of. I suppose drinking water has become second nature, so I don't think about it.

Well, I didn't get my swim, but I did get back on the treadmill. It's actually warmed up a little. I thought of trying to talk my mother into it, but she's off to Ottawa for a few days, starting tomorrow morning. She's already washed her hair, packed up, and such, so I know I won't even bother trying. Besides, it may look nicer, and warmed up a little, but it's still only about 50F/10C outside. Another two days of cooler weather and it looks like it will warm up again.

I just have to watch my food for the next few days. This used to traditionally be a time I would just load up on the junk food and eat badly for a few days. It will be a good test for when she's away in the fall for a month. It's silly really, but an old habit that always kind of pulls at you. I say silly because she really doesn't pay attention to what I eat (except for the dinners we eat together), so there's no reason I can't eat badly when she's home. I suppose it's just a holdover from childhood. My dad would always get take-out and things he wasn't supposed to eat when she wasn't around at dinnertime. Funny how those things haunt you the rest of your life, isn't it?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:43 PM   #21  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I got 4 pairs cut out. I'll start sewing tomorrow. It usually takes me a day per pants because I have to take breaks. My back won't let me sit at the machine for more than an hour at a time. At least it will keep my mind occupied while waiting for my books to arrive.

Right now I'm trying to stay sane. My husband's best friend is here, and he has adult ADHD. He never sits still, and screams everything he says. He only has one volume, top of his lungs. My ears actually hurt when he finally goes home. It's like being around a 6 year old boy, except this one I can't tell to quiet down.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Anne - a big CONGRATS to you - a fantastic milestone - don't diminish your accomplishment.

As for me - not much going on. My mom brought me a nice columbine and a lovely bouquet of peonies. They smell better than anything I've smelled in a long time - so yesterday take time to listen to the birds sing and today back to smelling the flowers. Life is good.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #23  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi there...coming back out of lurkdom again. Been struggling with the food again. I am noticing definite problem with my food while I am at work and seemingly nowhere else. And it's not even that we are that busy or stressed right now. Something about just being there that sets me on edge and I end up grazing my way through the day on junk. Or maybe this is like something Dr. Phil said once about sometimes you start eating for one reason but keep eating for a different reason. Maybe during the stressful months earlier in the year I used food to cope with the stress. Now the stress is gone but I am still eating at work....like an ingrained habit or something. Hmmmm....something to ponder. Anyway, I did go to work this morning making a very concerted effort to notice when I got the urge to eat and it was pretty much as soon as I got there. I was able to be mindful and curb most of my unnecessary eating, but not all of it. I will try to do better tomorrow as I try to determine WHY I am struggling with food at work!

Kayley - Welcome back. I used Proactiv when I was younger and it worked well.

Sharon - Just like Annie said, you are a pretty lady and add to it that top and I can totally see why they guys were giving you the eye. But beyond that I just once again have to complement you on your skin. Every picture you put up you just have the lovelist skin and I envy it!

Annie - I am so proud of the confidence you have gained. Look at you go, asking for more money to go back and help at your old job temporarily. I think that is really great. You deserve only the best.

Anne - Way to go breaking the 100 pound mark.

OK, I am off to do some reading and then to bed early (I hope).
Old 05-19-2008, 11:47 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Bernice – I’ve got you in my thoughts! I hope that you get good news on the job!

Catherine – How long is your hubby’s friend staying? I’ve never come across someone with adult ADHD.

Xena – GOOD TO SEE YOU!!! I used to have a problem with my food when I worked in an office. All the girls had snacks, and we were just sitting at our desks bored, so we ate. Ugh. What type of environment are you working in?

I’m up WAY past my ‘bedtime’. I have to be up in about 5 hours to head to the gym. During my break at work, I’m going to head over to a seamstress, and show her my dress, and see if there’s anything she’d be able to do with it, and WHEN I’d need to bring it to her.

Night all!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #25  

Hello my Peeps!

Wow, you chickies have been busy! I was swamped yesterday at work and didn't get to post. THEN, TOM jumped out from behind the curtains and yelled BOO! eeeeeep! I wasn't expecting him. No wonder my first week of not eating Cookies and Chocolate was the week from hades. Geeeeeesh. hehe.

Realist, I eat every 2 hours or so. I'm worse than a baby lol. Also, I wanted to echo Luan's post and say that many times, I'm thirsty.

No time to hit all my chick personals this morning.. you all are in my thoughts!

Hugs and Luv,
Rat
Old 05-20-2008, 09:09 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning all...

Well my puter is still having issues..sooo looks like I am backing up all my files and going to have to delete it all and start over. I tell ya.

Went to the gym last night and did 40 min on tread and my foot was killig me. I think actually I need new shoes.

Isnt there someone on here that lives in Georgia???????? If so can you PM me????

Oh my son Justin graduates 8th grade tomorrow night!! I am so proud of him. Next year all the kids will be in high school..lol...pray for my sanity!!

Toodles for now!!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #27  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hi gals! Just a super quick check in! I've been trying to pop in more, but I can't lurk as fast as you can post - lol!

I got back to working out this morning, which will help lead me to better eating habits. If I'm having to sweat it off, I'm far less likely to stray from proper path.

I've been riding Gabe more, but still not enough. He was an absolute ROCKET on Sunday - he found a new gear that I rather think of as 'Turbo-trot.' It was aMAZing!!! I have riding clothes with me for after work today. Hopefully the weather will stay nice enough I can go to the little outdoor ring. Too dusty indoors.

ANNIE - I wish you'd come here and negotiate for me at my job! I'm excited for you and your trip to CA! Have your sisters seen you in the last year?

HUGS to all of you fanastic folks!!
Old 05-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #28  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Kayley-He was just over for the evening. He comes over a lot, but he recently quit a physically demanding job to go back to school to train to be an IT guy. He's Chinese, and his parents didn't approve of his job. They felt like it was beneath him. It was the first job he had ever been able to keep for longer than 6 months in his entire life. He was the guy who unloads stuff donated at the Good Will. It was simple honest work, but his dad is an architect, and they were embarrassed by his job. He still lives at home, and they put a lot of pressure on him. The problem is that with someone with his illness, it helps to have a physical job, just like a kid with ADHD does better when they play sports and are tired. Now without that outlet, and sitting at a desk in school, he's just erupting with energy.
My dad once told me that he didn't care if I wanted to be a garbage man as long as I was happy, and tried to be the best garbage man I could be. One of these days, when everyone is a computer technician or programmer, plumbers and electricians will be making more money than lawyers. Brand new plumbers make $70/hour here. I guess when kids went from being workers on the farm to being part of a parent's self esteem and prestige, the idea that they could do ordinary things went out the window. I guess the worst thing is that not only was the job good for him, he really liked it.

I'm supposed to be mowing the lawn right now. If it gets any higher, the city is going to be after us. It's just so cold out right now, but it's supposed to rain later, so if I don't get to it soon, I won't be able to. Hummm
Old 05-20-2008, 03:12 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all.

Anne: I think that just recognizing that you have food issues when your Mom is away will help. Especially when you know you can "cheat" any time. Good luck.

Catherine: Have fun sewing your little heart out. Did you mow the lawn?

Carol: Aww. Your mom is so sweet to bring you flowers!

Xena: Have you thought about going to a support group or anything? It honestly helps me to go each Tuesday. Also, make sure you have water at your desk right when you get there and take a sip every time you want to eat. Maybe that will help you. Hugs and glad to see you back.

Val: HI girl! I was honestly just wondering about you. How are things? Good for you riding Gabe all the time. You rock. How are things with evil SD? So nice to see you again. Come back when you can.

I woke up this morning feeling really dizzy. My sinuses are messed up! I made myself get up and work out though. I took yesterday off because I was feeling so icky and didn't want to do that again. I just got back from Curves and worked the machines really hard. My muscles are feeling it. I set my goal at 2000 minutes for this month and might just make it if I can continue working out each day like I have been.

I have a job interview at a Dr.'s office at 1:30 today so I better go and jump in the shower and get ready. Hugs to you all.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 05-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #30  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

I got something in my eye...or I ahd my contacts in again too long..or both. But my right eye is in pain and this morning driving to work was so hard because of the sun. It is a blissful 78 degrees outside. The heatwave broke and we dropped 20 degrees overnight.

No real news otherwise...things are quiet for the moment and I like it that way.
Closed Thread