Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:30 AM   #1  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Post 300+ Weekly Thread #1151

WELCOME

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 06:34 AM   #2  
Proud Army Mom

I didn't have too much time this morning....woke up later than normal. So I hope its ok that I posted todays thread for the new week! If I did it wrong in anyway go ahead and fix it......just had to stop in before leaving work and let you all know.....

My scale is working once again!!! hehehe
2lbs lost this morning on my WI!!!!!!!

We had a great time at DS's apt. And I created a couple of new dishes that were low cal & low fat! I will try to post them on the recipe board later today.
they were
Ham Glaze
Chocolate Mouse Pie
Peachy Cream pie

Well hope all of you have a wonderful day!
Stay focused! If I can keep this up so can YOU!!!!

toodles poodles!
Old 03-24-2008, 07:27 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone.
Dmpls - glad you had a wonderful visit with your son. I cant wait till this coming weekend to have my family together.
debbie_ glad the mucinex is helping...I may get some today and try...I still have all this crud in my head and chest. This mess has really done a number on me.
battle_ that is awesome about the chairs!!

I woke up with a muscle spasm in the bottom of my foot. ITs killing me still...guess i need to eat some banannas. I am just about out of all my diet food. I have been to sick to go to the store. GUess I will try and go sometime this week.

Anyone got ideas for low cal finger foods. I have to make some stuff for my brothers reception this weekend.They are trying to save some money on the reception and have asked all the family members to bring a couple of finger foods. We did this with my older brothers wedding and the food was awesome and cheap. Some thinks it tacky to bring dishes but it is saving them a big expense and ours will taste so much better!!!
well happy monday morning everyone
debi
Old 03-24-2008, 07:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! I hope everyone with birthdays had a wonderful day! Sorry the wishes are late.
It was a very long week so I didn't get to here much. This week will be long too! But I will update real quick before I have to get out the door for work. Well the problems with the truck. . . we went and picked up the transmission and hopefully the guy will have it in today or tomorrow. Then it can go to the auto shop to have the front end fixed that the snow plow hit. YEAH! It is almost back together. Then my grandmother passed away so plans for that the next couple of days. And making the arrangements for my son in the service to make it home for the funeral. I have to find someone to cover work for the next couple of days but have to work today as there is no one, "the mail must be delivered!" GOVERNMENT! You would think that people could survive one day! HA! HA!
On a positive note, weigh in yesterday and I lost 3.8 lbs. !!!!!!! Hubby lost 5 lbs. and younger daughter lost 1 lb. older daughter not home to weigh. I is spring break so went to stay with my brother and family and a day with my sister and family. She said she is having a good time even with all that has been happening. Oldest son and his wife and son can over yesterday for the afternoon. It was a good time. Still not sure about the wife, she is just not "we" would have chosen for our son. But we will see. some days it works for them, some days not! Grandmothers death is hard on him since he was born on her birthday. Wife just needs to get priorities straight. She is not even taking time off of work to be with him at the funeral. She said she didn't know her and can't take off. Whatever I said, and that "I didn't care if it was my husbands 16th cousin on his uncles wifes side of the family, I would be with my husband no matter what!" Although my husband knows how I feel and that we would be with each other and support each other through anything, she just said no! It is hard to watch the two of them together sometimes. Well, I have wrote not a short few lines to catch up but have blurted alot!!!!! I MUST get to work even though I only have to walk a half block. I am the Boss. Thanks for listening and all of you for caring. Love you all! Penny
Old 03-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Bernice -- Thanks for starting the new thread! It helps to also put the STOP notice on the old thread so people don't post there too. Then I come along and close it!

Remember that 1/2 off Easter candy isn't talking about the calories, ladies! It's NOT a bargain!
Old 03-24-2008, 10:09 AM   #6  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

hahaha heather!!! love that thought....if 1/2 off candy was REALLY 1/2 off calories! too funny!
happy day everyone
rainbowsmiles
Old 03-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #7  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Well...yesterday was the big "showdown" with the in-laws. FIL as usual tried to keep the peace and MIL tried to be all stoid and even threw in a few "I don't remember that"s when DH called her on the events that had occurred. But then she strated to cry...which we had expected and oh goodness what a nut she is.
"We've never gone this long without calling and I thought you didn't love me anymore." Really? Really really? Yeah so we smoothed her ruffled feathers and assured her that she is still loved and after all that she STILL would not give up on the no birthday gift thing...it was just sick and sad.

Then I got her to admit that her switching out my birthday gift was out of spite and that she was indeed showing her anger, trying to make a point and punishing me. I told her (in nicer words) that she ruined my birthday dinner and then afterwards I took her into the kitchen, admitted that yes I am very sensitive about the whole baby issue but that mentioning it all the time makes me very uncomfortable and that right now having a baby would be irresponsible on our parts...and would she please just stop.

So all in all it wasn't a disaster. I don't feel like we got closure at all but we'll see how long this lasts.

Food was OK...had a good breakfast at our fave diner and I got full mid-way through...hooray! Then after being at the in-laws we went to a going away party for a friend of mine from work. I did well but it's so hard to stay tight on points when there is salmon there. I love salmon and this had been BBQed and then chilled so it was divine. I avoided all the desserts except for 1 piece of chocolate and ate a lot of salad.

Then it was off to work last night for dress rehearsal from 3pm-10pm. I knew that the costume manager was bringing dinner for the kids so I brought a SmartOnes and stayed out of the kitchen. I went home last night so sore...DH is staying home "sick" today and wall I ant is to crawl back into bed with him and snuggle all day.

But you know that could never happen.

Off to the trenches again...
Old 03-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

I'm trying to brush myself off from "family time" on Easter. I don't think they were being intentionally offensive, they're just oblivious and partially insensitive about the whole thing. They pretend my miscarriage never happened and the thing that hurts the most is that it NEVER crosses my mother's mind that I would ever have a baby. I wonder if it's because of my size?

So this morning the scale was up 2 pounds. I know that's BS and probably water retention. I only got in 60 oz of water yesterday when I usually get 76-92oz. I know for darn sure that I didn't eat 7000 extra calories to gain 2 pounds of fat. I've already had 44 oz of water and I've done WATP 1 mile walk, so I'm well on my way today. Hopefully, tomorrow that 2 pounds will be gone again
Old 03-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Angie:

Debbie: I am so happy for you that your son wants to come and talk. Hugs, hugs, hugs.

DMPLS: Woohoo on another -2!

Debimithc: Maybe you need to up your water? I know when I don't drink enough I get cramps in my legs.

Penny: Huge congrats on the -3.8 more pounds. So very sorry about your Grandma. Hugs.

Julee: Glad you talked with your in laws sorry it wasn't more productive though.

Well, I went to an interview this morning and it wasn't great. They were very rude. The owner/interviewer even told her daughter in law, who was also in the room taking notes, something to the effect of my "Claimed" computer skills. It was weird but I was gracious and if they do call and offer me the job I will decline. I have 3 more interviews this week and the one job I have been hoping for may just open up very soon. I am expecting a call back from her any time. All in all I feel much better about things especially not having to work at my previous employment. I am so happy today.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi Chickies,

Yesterday was a bad eating day, but today is a new chance to be on plan. I'm feeling very positive about my journey lately, even with the slipups.

Bernice: WTG on -2 lbs!

Debi: I'm not feeling too creative about thinking of dishes you can bring, but I am not one who thinks asking others to bring food is tacky. Not in the least. A wedding shouldn't have to put the couple into debt, and I, for one, am more interested in sharing the experience than feeling they have to meet a certain party standard.

Heather: You are not kidding about the Easter candy! I'm trying to stay out of the stores until the Easter candy is gone.

Rainbow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! I hope all your dreams come true.

Julee: You're handling the food challenges like a pro.

I hope your MIL lays low for a while. You know that won't be the end to her tricks, but the more you and DH call her on it, the better. At least, that has been my experience with people like your MIL.

Heatherdw: Enjoy your WATP. I always find that exercise improves my moods.

Annie: At least the employer showed you how he was going to be right up front. Now you know that is not the place for you.

Penny: Woo Hoo on the huge loss!

Catherine: Happy belated birthday!!!!!! How was the hot dog party?
Old 03-24-2008, 04:52 PM   #11  
~Rena~

S/C/G: 361.4/222.4/150

Debi: These are sooo good

Tortillia (La tortillia are only 1 pt for the large ones)
cream cheese (in the tub, softened)(fat free~herb flavors like that)
baby spinach (stems off)
low fat (fat free) deli turkey shaved

step 1: on the tortillia spread the cream cheese evenly over the tortillia (just enough to cover it-1 tub can do 3 or 4 tortillias
step 2: put a layer of spinach on top of the cream cheese
step 3: put a thin layer of the turkeyon top of the spinach layer
step 4: gently (but tightly), roll up the tortillia and wrap in plastic wrap and put in the fridge overnight
step 5: The next day, slice on a slight angel (or just straight down it's up to you.
step 6: Serve and Enjoy!!!

The nice thing about these are they are easy to prepare, very low in points and delicious! Spice it up with colour~use spinach tortillias, or sun-dried tomato tortillias. You can also try different deli meats or different cream cheeses. The choices are unlimited.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:28 PM   #12  
Proud Army Mom

Debi- thanks yes we did have a great time! Even though I missed Anthony....Hope you have just as much fun with yours this weekend! Did it snow by you today? I walked out of work to snow flurries but driving home (3miles) the sun was shinning by my house! Weird weather huh???!! I agree on water with muscle spasms but you are also right to think about potassium as well. If you like seafood you could try my Ceviche, it is almost a salsa of sorts.....I usually use tortilla shells or tortilla chips.....but you can use wheat crackers or truiscuts to have people eat it with. I don’t think it is tacky at all! I can only pray that my oldest would do something of the sort.....but, already (2 years out) we are discussing buildings that will allow them to cater from a different place rather than use their company! LOL

Penny- WOW you poor thing such a week you’ve had! Hugs on your Grandmother’s passing. You know that you can call Red Cross and give them the funeral information and they will pay for your son to come home on emergency leave? I’ve had to do this several times for funerals and severe illness in my immediate family while my Dh was in the Army. CONGRATS on the -3.8!!!!!!! & dh as well as your dd!!!! That’s awesome! I know how hard it is to deal with a “different” family background-personality, in our child’s chosen ones.......we are seeing a little of this as well.....I just keep reminding myself “if they are happy with their situation I can be happy that they are happy” (even if I do not like what I see) I see this in a lot of younger couples, the “it’s not my relative, friend or I don’t know them so....” Isn’t it weird? I guess it is just different upbringings.

Heather- oh ok I will try to remember that LOL! I was the first one on this AM and wanted to post but didn’t want to post on last weeks (for the first time since I’ve been here!) LOL So I looked at weeks past and saw that not just the moderator had posted the opening thread for the week.....so I took the chance! ROFL at your ½ off joke! So true!!! I am very proud to say the only chocolate candy I ate for easter was today I had one hersey’s kiss! (25 cals)

Julee- sorry to hear about the “showdown” but at least it is over. What kind of performance is it that you are rehearsing? Hoping you had a good day at work and didn’t think about those comfy pillows & DH at home too much!

Heather_dw- all we can do is work on how we perceive what others say to us, and what their intentions were when they said it. My older sister would literally chew me out when I called all excited about one of my pregnancies. I have 4 children all within 8 years most separation was 3 years between the two youngest. Each time I would call she would jump down my throat about how we couldn’t afford them and how would we pay for college etc.... I would get off the phone and BAWL my eyes out after the first 2 I didn’t call her to tell her about our third. I even told my mom not to mention it to her......because of the way she treated me before. Mom did of course and I got a phone call of course! YEARS later I told my sister how she made me feel and she had no clue that she even did it.....she apologized and told me she never would intentionally say something like that to me out of spite......but ummm my sis is very controlling and wants to fix everyone else’s problems LOL I at least was able to explain how it came across to me and she knows how much it hurt me. I can only encourage you to keep your spirits up and don’t let family discourage you!

Annie-THANKS! I’m excited to be that much closer to 280!!! Sorry about your interview but, like someone else stated at least you know how the boss would be! I was recently passed over for a position within my school and I know I have the computer knowledge as well as have volunteered at another school for the position! I think the main reason I was passed over was, the dress attire unspoken rule in our schools office. Most of the ladies in there are either related to each other somehow and they are all the ex-cheerleader, sorority girl “stereotypical” type of girl. I work with children that I have to “take-down” to the floor for behavioral issues daily (sometimes multiple times a day) so I am not going to wear my office clothing to the classroom. I did dress appropriately for the interview but I think it is the knowledge of my everyday clothing that hindered me. The position was never filled, they took another lady who’s position really runs slow towards springtime and placed her there temporarily.....not sure if it came open again if I would apply. Something will come up for you I know it will!

Battle- Thanks for the nice comment! I’m excited I’m still loosing!! It amazes me each week to see the number go down! A positive attitude is a great asset! I know how you feel some days with my exercise I feel I’ve let things slide but then I just think of something positive to tell myself and feel better.

Betty- I love those!!!! I’ve never used spinach but that sounds awesome!!! Will have to try that next time!!! OHHH and the bit about putting them in the fridge!!!! Wow never thought of that....I always fight cutting them since if they aren’t refrigerated the tortilla is kind of flimsy!!!

Well today I felt good about myself! Lately I’ve been fighting clothing issues....still in a 26 and I actually had to go out and get a couple of pants to where to work to make my outfits stretch more than a week! I am very self conscious about my clothing, I guess because the two girls that work with me dress in the latest fashions and are both skinny. (nevermind the fact that they are in there late 20’s early 30’s LOL) I feel at times they look at me and think “Old Lady” LOL! They gossip quite a bit about other people in the building and what they wear to work etc.... So I try to look stylish but without buying new clothing since my intention is to go DOWN in size its difficult.....anyhow I said all that to say today I felt like I had a cute outfit on.......and usually my outfits go unnoticed although I make it a habit to comment on either of theirs if they get something new or I haven’t seen them wear it to work. Today they were teasing me about “My Daily Obsession” as they deem TDP LOL and then one of them said your outfit looks nice and you are really looking great. They both are proud of me and treat me like I’m their mother rather than a coworker.....so I guess they take me for granted that I like to hear it when I wear something new and they’ve noticed....like they would their mother LOL

I will try to have DD take a picture of me in my work outfit....although I wore open sandals and did not paint my toenails AND it snowed this afternoon!!! LOL I felt great! I love knowing that my clothes aren’t binding anymore.........soon they will not fit me anymore and I will be in 24’s I hope!!!

Ok I guess that’s enough about me myself and I LOL talk to you girls later!

Toodles Poodles!
Old 03-24-2008, 06:45 PM   #13  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Debi - If I ever have to take a 'dessert' type food for a party I make something I can have a few of. I put half a strawberry and a marshmallow (we have bags of pink and white ones) onto a toothpick and simply arrange them nicely on a plate. I sometimes also have a few extra marshmallows (with extra toothpicks) in the middle sitting around a little bowl of non-fat chocolate pudding to dip them in. This all makes for a gorgeous display and I know it is something I can eat. Mind you, I mainly watch fats and carbs, so perhaps you may not eat marshmallows. I know that these are snapped up quickly by everyone.

We can also buy sausages (you may call them hot dogs - not sure) that are pure beef and don't have skins. I suppose they are basically a healthy meatball mixture in a sausage shape. I cook those and cut them up into bite-sized pieces and put a toothpick through them, then place them on a nice plate around a small bowl of sauce such as chilli sauce, for dipping. You could do the same with little meatballs and I think having two different sauces would be nice. You have probably thought of this type of thing, but I know that they are also devoured at parties. It is also another thing that I can partake in.

I would love to see other people's suggestions, so I can add something interesting next time I have to take morning/afternoon tea somewhere.

Zelma

Last edited by ZedAus; 03-24-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone for the ideas.I have to make 4 things i just found out. I am actually excited about being able to help with the reception. I dont have to make anything sweet for this. THey have a chocolate fountain and cake. I know I am making ham and turkey with fatfree creamcheese rollups.
dmpls_ please share your recipe for ceviche.
Mom is making a huge relish tray and fruit tray. There will be lots of sandwiches and stuff.I would love to take buffalo chicken dip but I live an hour away and would have a hard time keeping it hot thru the wedding.
I may make a cheeseball with ff creamcheese.
Not sure what else yet.
Well my sister called me this morning and she is always on a diet. She does weight watcher and is really having trouble loosing. She is going to try my counting calories for a week or two. I sure hope it works for her.
well Im going to go and work out for the first time in a week. I am feeling better finally.
deb
Old 03-24-2008, 07:22 PM   #15  
Proud Army Mom

Ceviche

1 lb. crab meat
1lb. small salad shrimp or large
8-10 Tomatoes diced
1 large onion diced
2 large jalapenos (no seeds for mild) diced
2 large bunches of cilantro
1 bag of lemons 8-10 small lemons (can be substituted with lemon juice)
Garlic powder or chopped garlic (to your own taste)

Dice tomatoes, onions, and jalapenos. Toss in Large bowl add garlic shred crab meat with fingers and place shrimp in bowl with tomato mixture. Toss to mix.
Cilantro leaves need to be plucked from stem and rinsed then chopped finely. Add to bowl. Squeeze juice from lemons over top of seafood and veggies making sure no seeds fall out. Chill in Refrigerator for an hour or longer before serving. Serve on tostada Shells as a main dish or with chips for an appetizer

**for some reason It looks like there isn't alot of tomatoes in this batch I made** It should have chunks of tomatoes.

Last edited by DMPLS; 03-24-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Closed Thread