Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all,

Thanks for the lovely comments. I just wanted to tell you all to have a great week. I am going very early in the morning to drive down to see my parents in the Boise area. It is about a 6-7 hour drive and I am all packed, oil changed on the car and ready to go. I hope you all have a super nice week.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-30-2008, 07:58 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Hey all. I"m still hanging in there. I'm just crabby as heck today

Hopefully, a loss in the morning will help me cheer up.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi Peeps - how's everyone doing. I hope someone is enjoying spring somewhere.

Sunday's are a mixed bag for me. On the up side I worked 90 hard minutes in the water today - so hard for the 60 minutes on my own I may actually be sore tomorrow which will be a first for water work. On the flip side I struggle with down time as boredom is a huge trigger for me - I worked through it today but have to say I'm glad the day is over and I can get back to my lovely rut-dweller routine (OOPS I forget I'm only working MOnday and Tuesday this week so I better prepare)

Bernice - reminder - pack your bag for the week with stuff for work.

Battle - hope you enjoy your date.

Move your bodies, drink you water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 03-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi all,

I keep checking in here today. Some days it helps so much to keep checking in and staying focused on the work I'm doing. I think it's probably obsessive, but hopefully balance will come one day.

Debbie: I am sorry to hear you're not getting better. Maybe this week will be better. It's too bad about the kitchen, but you are a very resourceful person, and it's great to see you moving on to plan B instead of throwing your hands up in the air.

Anne: Nice to see your weight moving down. You are doing superbly. Before long we will be celebrating your cross over the 100 lb. threshold.

Annie: Have a great trip.

Carol: After a workout like that, you may retain water. You may want to weigh yourself on Tuesday or Wednesday to see if the scale moves further. Just a thought.

Some days I am hanging by a thread. It is a miracle to get through those days without overeating. Good for you for getting through one of them today.

I also want to say that it was brave of you to come here and admit that you were having a hard time with your feelings. Sometimes I look at the rapid weight loss of others and feel down on myself or cheated. I try not to go there too often, though.

My date is next week.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #125  

Height: 5'7"

I have had a good day. I have been on plan all day long. I walked with hubby this morning and we walked 1.68 miles . Tommorow I start back to lifting ...after lifting on friday and struggling I think I will do a few less reps tommorow and build back up.
Im going in to clean the girls bedrooms...if you dont hear from me tommorow night call 911. Im really hoping to make alot of progress in those rooms. One daughters room is just like a storage unit while she is at college and the other is a pack rat.Cant decide which room to start in.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:04 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 297/294/160

Height: 5'8

Default New Journey

Well,

I started on my weight loss journey about a month ago... I am going to the gym 4-5 days a week and I see a trainer once a week... I am trying to eat healthy where ever possible... Last week my trainer decided to weigh me after 2 weeks when she said she would only weigh me once a month... needless to say I needed that boost... In 2 weeks I lost 8lbs. That was definitely something everyone needs to keep their spirits high!! Super Excited!!!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:45 PM   #127  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Julia - THANKS! i felt beautiful in that dress. it was a BM dress from a wedding i was in.

Battle - I'm glad the scale is moving for you and congrats on being a 20!

Debi - yay!!!!! a new baby!!! i'm expecting a niece in June, she'll be my first your drinking a bottle of water before bed makes me laugh... last night i knew i needed to get my water in so... i LOVE this water that i get at w-m it's called clear something, it's a knock off of Clearly Canadian and it's amazing! well they come in 1 liters and they are .58 so i buy those, well when i finish one i will re-fill it and drink it again, and last night that is what i did. i drank the WHOLE bottle about an hour before i went to bed. i was up ALL night! hehehehe that should teach me! lol

Debbie - that sounds great!

Annie - wow that's great and what a battle. gastric bypass was created for people just like you that have medical reasons why they can't loose on their own. personally for me i couldn't do it b/c i know that i can do this on my own, or at least i have to give it a REAL good try before i'll go that route. and your diligence through it has really made me feel like a turd. i have been watching what i eat like a hawk for all of dadadaaaaaa... two days. and today i made some crappy decisions. i ate about 6 thin mints b/c they were there and i was bored, BUT it was between games of laser tag so that's ok right? i was being active while i did it. and then this afternoon i had 4 powdered doughnuts b/c i was bored. real smart. and then tonight we went out with the youth to mexican and i had a taco salad which is good? yeah but not the sour cream or guacamole or chips... ugh... i make myself so mad at myself b/c of my lack of will power. it's like i'm so afraid to commit to something or to even tell my family that i'm on yet again another diet b/c i know that i will fail b/c that is what i've done all my life. i'm sorry. i realize this turned into a rant on life... i just needed to get it out and to tell someone about it but i'm so ashamed to talk to DH about it or anyone else. tomorrow is another day, right?
Old 03-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Going to make this short...

We had my niece birthday party today. She turned 1 yeah!!!

I did well. I had a hamburger,and a small helping of macaroni salad. And 1 soda pop. Actually I didnt even finish..mainly drank water. And 1 cupcake. i dont know about calories but I think I "controlled" myslef.

It was windy as heck outside as well.

Tomorrow starts my official calorie counting journey.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:30 PM   #129  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Carol thanks for the reminder! I will put together some things that I will be able to eat if necessary for breakfast and snacks.

I talked Dh into driving out to see DD in college.....we left this morning around 8:15 to surprise her with her lil sis in tow.....Well we surprised her alright....we snuck into the dorm building and had a girl in the lobby call her and say the RA needed to see her downstairs it had something to do with her car.....LOL she flew down 3 floors!!! to find us there laughing......she was happy to see us and relieved nothing was wrong with her car! LOL We all went to church with her then out to eat...........at of all places a Chinese buffet!!!! LOL what was it 1-2 weeks ago I was complaining about our bad eating at those places.....Well I did very well........1st plate was 3/4 vegies......1/4 shrimp(not fried) 2nd plate more vegies & 1/4 cup (or so) of white rice........and some salmon.....at a couple of those lil sushi rolls too.....then we went and met DD's boss she has been blessed with a Nanny position for a Doctor & her husband.....she watches 4 children around her schedule in college....they are wonderful to her!

We got home around 8pm.....on the trip home I snacked on some trail mix.....ended up DH & I split the bag.......which left us not hungry for dinner.....so I had a snack of PB & SF Jelly on wheat toast.....

felt pretty good about my eating today......and I picked up Leslie S.'s Walk at Home.....and did a mile tonight.

I surpassed my exercise goal for this month! But I feel like I could do double that for April......I will have to work on that!

Well I need to get some laundry in the dryer and off to bed here in a bit....

toodles poodles!
BErNICE
Old 03-31-2008, 09:48 AM   #130  

Height: 5'11"

Hee hee, Cyn -- your post so reminds me of me trying to remembers what I had to eat

Rainy day here today -- ugh. No walking in the rain, either, but the cast should be off on Friday!!! Yay! Thanks to all of you for hanging out with me while I was cast-bound!

I have family in from out of town this week, so we'll be dining out a lot at some of our favorite restaurants, but I checked the schedule and was reassured that I'd left lots of room for walking around, so I'm hoping that we find a balance.

Glad to hear that all my sick chicks are feeling better, and more power to you all who are still on plan!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:22 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! POST ON NEW WEEKLY THREAD #1152!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread