Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #91  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Carol-yes I have a fridge....and that's where my Ceviche(I had brought it the day before to share with the girls I work with and there was some left) and my orange....but you are right I need to keep some instant oatmeal or something else for breakfast on days Im running too late.

Battle- you know that's true! I didn't even think of it like that! thanks for the perspective!

I was due to walk after school yesterday......I really wanted to ....but really didn't have the energy.....one of the girls I work with said she would stay with me and walk....well we walked not as long as I normallly would and not nearly as intense.......however it felt really good to walk off the frustration of yesterday! I wouldn't even say it was exercise just relaxing! LOL

Well I will head off of here today.....DH has his own christian forum and he just upgraded the forum script and needs to work on the setup part of it....I'm not sure if I will see the computer this weekend LOL

Just wanted to stop in and say that I am alive and watching what I eat......I need to get some walking in....plus I made a pledge to myself that I wont listen to my audiobook unless I'm walking......so I really want to walk so I can listen to the story!!! LOL (I love to read just don't have time for it anymore) I will try to check in tomorrow.

HUGS to all who are struggling.......and those who are sick or have loved ones that are sick......I have read posts just don't have time for personals today.

toodles poodles
BErNICE
Old 03-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Bernice - I actually stock a bag on Monday morning because I usually run late in the morning and have everything I need for all week - works for me - hope it helps.

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 03-29-2008, 11:54 AM   #93  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Good morning all! I had a good breakfast, i cooked up some of a frozen mix of green, yellow, and red bell peppers and onion and added 3 banee (i have no idea how to spell it! lol) eggs to it to make a scrambled omlett and two pieces of turkey bacon. i'm planning for lunch to make me a little pizza with 2% moz cheese, turkey pepperoni, and veggies on a whole wheat english muffin. then for supper, don't laugh, a Lean Lifestyle turkey pepperoni pizza with added veggies. Uncle Bill was talking about wanting pizza the other day and i saw these at Kroger's. have any of you guys had these? i wonder what the exchange is for a serving.

is there anyone else going by an exchange diet?

GOOD SATURDAY!!!!!!

Lauren
Old 03-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #94  
Lauren

DMPLS - i'm always running late in the mornings! i have taken a box of wheaties and some milk to work to eat in the mornings and i'll grab a banana before i head out the door. I have tried oatmeal but I just can't do it. yuck! lol
where is the Christian forum that your hubby is working on?
Old 03-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

I'm in a weird period where I can't see the progress. I'm wearing smaller sizes--I can't believe that size 20s are buttoning, and when I look at the clothes they seem too small to fit, yet they do. But then I look in the mirror and I am still so fat! I still have a big, lumpy body with an enormous protruding stomach, and my side view is big, big, big. I can hardly tell that I've lost weight when I look at the body in the mirror. It's hard to reconcile that I'm wearing several sizes smaller than at my starting point, yet am still huge. I don't know. There's not much to say to this, but it's a weird place to be.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Woot! I officially hit my first mini-goal today (getting to 320~)
That makes it 14 pounds gone!

I think my goal will be adjusted now, so that it's 10% of my starting weight lost.. maybe
Old 03-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Battle - that must be the topic of the week - Debbie and I had the same discussion - I'll leave it to her to describe how she looked but where I once felt I was proportionately heavy on the legs and bottom, thinking I had no belly all of a sudden I have the big thing hanging over, collecting moisture, and I find myself thinking that maybe a tummy tuck will be in order. Since I've been swimming - for about 2 months now - I have been cycling through last years swimsuits - I have a lot of them because I don't like wet ones - and I have no idea how I wore these last year and what else was hanging out. Tomorrow will finish the cycle and there is only one that needs taking in just a smidge around the top.

Heatherdw - a big CONGRATS to you. Awesome job - keep up the great work!
Old 03-29-2008, 03:25 PM   #98  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

So last night hubby took me to dinner at a place we love....it's actually owned by some people I know. I decided that I could be OK with eating the dish I wanted to eat as I have been very much in control lately...so I had their house special mac & cheese...3 cheeses and a lovely panko breadcrumb topping. We got the hummus appetizer and mine came with a side salad.

I am not craving it anymore...mainly because it wasn't as good as they claimed it was.....it was GOOD but not run screaming and drooling good. I didn't have anything else to eat after that either...so all in all a good day. I had a good brunch (only got 2 meals in) but was never starving or anything.

Hubby let me sleep in today which I really needed...then i got up and cooked up some chciken I had in the fridge that needed something done with it. At least it will give DH some lunch/dinner for the next few days.

Another show tonight...it wil be a very late night unfortunately..but I should have relative peace until about 6:30 when I know the cell will start to ring again.

I got a few cute tops at Target yesterday. I had tried on a bunch of stuff actually and almost all of it fit...but I only got the 2 tops. I was irked because I also bought a pair of guys plaid shorts (for me) and grabbed a size I already have...those are the ones I should have tried on....damn hips. So those have to go back but no worries.

I didn't weigh in this wek becuase of rehearsals and everything..I missed my Wednesday night meting and didn't have time to go on Thursday...so next Wednesday will be interesting to see what shows up on the scale.

Thinking of you all...
Old 03-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #99  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Wink

Sat down last night and prepared the meal plan for this comming week. Came from groceries feeling empowered! I can do this. I asked my hubby how he feels about my goal of losing 1/2 of me. His response was as long as the boobs dont go LOL. I guess I can't do anything but expect such a guy answer!
Old 03-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #100  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I want to let you know how inspired I am by all of you. It is such an eye opener to know in your heart your not the only one. Intellectually you know others cope with similar trials or more. But to really look outward and work togehter is refreshing. Maybe I have been a lonely stay at home mom to long. It feels good to develop a connection with REAL people.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:08 PM   #101  
Lauren

I just have to share that I have FINALLY been allowed to post a siggy!!!!! yay!!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi all,

I just wanted to post this email that I got today from Catherine's husband Austin.

This is a message from Austin, Catherine's Husband. She was taken to emergency Wednesday afternoon with a suspected heart attack. She had been sick for several days with what we thought was the flu. Pain in the stomach can be a symptom of heart attack in women, so we finally decided to call EMS. They found some suspicious things on her EKG, and was rushed to cardiac catheterization for a possible angioplasty and stent. Once inside, they found no blockages or damage to her heart. The cardiologist said she had the best expulsion rate from her heart he had ever seen. After many tests, they have concluded that she had both a stomach virus and some type of food poisoning. We were able to take her home from the hospital, but she is very weak and has still not been able to eat anything. I wanted to let her friends know so that you could remember her in your prayers. Remember me too, she's not a good patient, although when she was laying in emergency waiting to go to the cath lab, she was just so calm. She was telling jokes trying to make the nurses feel better. I was really scared. I have gotten her to agree to cut back on some things, and Newman is going to let her complete her course this semester whenever she feels up to it. I'm going to make her take better care of herself, I promise.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Val: I think the plan that you have in place to help you stay op and count down the days, or up the days, is wonderful. You can do it!

Johnnie: I did get to see the bear cubs and I got to hold one of them and they took my picture. I will attempt to post it here. lol.

Debbie: I want to work at the job right next door to my hubby's work but I don't know when that one will start for sure. Glad you are feeling better. Hugs.

Carol: Sorry you are feeling bad about your weight loss. Hugs to you. Congrats on no surgery needed for your knee for a while. The very good news is that you will continue to get the weight off and maybe it will extend the knee replacement surgery time frame.

Sandy: Glad your son is doing better.

Lauren: Nice that you enjoyed TOPS. Congrats on the signiture too. hugs.

debimitch: How was the wedding?

heatherdw: Congrats on reaching your first mini goal. I knew you could do it.

Battle: I soooo know how you feel. I have lost 232 pounds and I look in the mirror and don't look any different to me. It is such a struggle to wrap our minds around the changes that are so obvious when we try on clothes etc. I know that April 16th of 2007 I couldn't zip up my 5X brand new jacket and today I swim in it but, when I look in the mirror I still see that 5X body. Now, without clothes on UGH! Skin, Skin, Skin is all I see and I have to realize that it is probably only going to get worse before It will get better for me with surgery. Hugs to you Battle and anyone else who is not seeing the results that are obviously there. That is just how our brains work I guess. Have a great time on your date too.

Julia: That is such a guy answer. lol.

Okay, I went to see the baby bears yesterday and the line to see them was wayyyyy to long. I made my DH get up this morning and get in line early. We not only got to see the cutie pies but after sanitizing our hands we got to hold one. They did take our photo and I am attempting to put it here. Hopefully I do it right. lol. I asked them why the babies are not with their mothers and the bear expert from Yellow Stone told me that the male bears will kill the babies so they have to take them away and raise them with a bottle to protect them. Their fur is very coarse but soft and it kind of feels almost like it is hollow. I was very, very surprised that their little bottoms are squishy. When you hold a puppy they are more solid like muscle but a baby bear bottom is very squishy. I especially adore their feet bottoms. The pads on their feet are soooo soft and I just adore them.

Hope you are all doing well. Lets keep good postive thoughts and prayers for Catherine and her DH.

Blessings,
Annie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baby bear.jpg (36.9 KB, 28 views)
Old 03-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #104  
Lauren

dog - awww the bear is SO cute!!! how are you loosing your weight?
Old 03-29-2008, 10:29 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Carol, no the doc didn't give me an inhaler. I wish he had of. I'm still having bouts of labored breathing. I sure hope this goes away pretty soon.

Sandy, how is your son doing today? I hope he's having a restful time right now. So young for all this to be happening to him.

Lauren, nope, haven't been to Patti's. What is it? When we were there, it was pretty much back and forth to the hospital and that was about it. We hope to go again when it's going to be to visit under better circumstances.
BTW, you look absolutely gorgeous in that dress.

Battle, I know exactly how you feel. I'm not in the size you are, yet, but even my 24s seem huge. It's sorta frustrating. All we can do is keep losing and keep getting smaller and maybe one day, we will see the big picture and realize we ARE smaller.

heather dw, WHOOP!! For making it to your mini goal!

Annie, thank you so much for posting that about Catherine. That poor dear. She's been thru so much lately. She'll definitely be in my prayers along with Himself.
How fun to hold those darling bears!! What a great opportunity.

Ok, I'll tell you all what I told Carol when I look in the mirror. It's sorta funny and I have to laugh at myself now, but this is what I see.
You know an elephant's butt, when you stand and look at its hip/butt area but can also see down the side of it. Ok, picture that, and you know how in that leg/hip/butt area it looks like there is a dimple and then all the lines, creases, wrinkles stem out from that area, and its all saggy and jiggly......well, that's me. When I first saw it, I just looked at it and the little devil on my shoulder said, "Self, this is what you've done to yourself over years of having fun stuffing your face, now you're paying the price." Then the little angel on my other shoulder says, "Self, it's ok. You're getting healthier and you may not have the body you want, but you'll be around alot longer to enjoy life." So that's where I'm at and I have to learn to love my body just the way it is. If surgery should be in my future ok, but if not, I'll be ok with that too. (I'm not much into pain) And yes, I have silly conversations like this and no, I'm not crazy....I think.

I got seeds planted indoors today and have the greenhouse light on them now. I planted tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, radishes, and some flowers. I hope they'll grow. It's fun to watch things take on a life of their own. I also have some carrots and cantaloupe I'll plant directly outside after the last frost, if that ever comes....sheesh...still chances of snow here.

Hope all are having a warm lovely evening. Drink and move!!!!
Debbie
Closed Thread