Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

DMPLS: Thanks for the comments

Debbie: Woohoo, -3 pounds is awesome.

Anne: Thanks for the comments. Yikes, snow is maybe expected here too!

Carol: Woo hoo for the clothes!

Well, another day at work and another bunch of pooh. lol. Still applying for jobs and hoping someone calls me soon. Have a great weekend everyone.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 03-08-2008, 04:14 AM   #107  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hiya Girls, great to hear that so many are doing well and getting to new lower weights!!

Ammi - where are u I am hoping you are doing ok and getting back on track hun? Miss hearing from you.

Nancy - you are such a dude! I feel very vicarious when I read your posts!! Dancing and dating, wow!! You are doing so great, keep it coming chick. Hope your visit home doesn't blow your eating too much, but hey its only two days. Hope your date is great too, he sounds like a lovely guy

Zena - how did the weigh in go hun??

Annie - hey well done you, love the pic you look so slim! Must feel amazing, sorry work is still a grind, hope things get resolved and soon for you, by the way I think you've done amazingly well to cope with surgery and then work full time, I think part time would be great for more work/life balance.

Sharon - HIya chuck, sorry u are down hun u know I've been just the same recently, sending you big hugs and hope you get the medication you want and that it helps give you a lift, life is too short to feel too down for too long hunny. Love ya

Battleax - really sorry about the job hun I really hope you won't be too hard on yourself. Weren't you feeling apprehensive about moving? Perhaps this has happenned for a reason babes and that it will turn out for the best. As far as food goes, I reckon just one full day back on track will lift your spirits so try and plan a nice day full of yummy on track food and see if that flicks the switch and gets u back on plan..

Em xx
Old 03-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Peeps - how's everybody? So far it's a sunny day here - only 8 but the sun is shining.

I've been looking at recipes trying to change up what we eat - seems it's the same 4 or 5 meals - which isn't a bad thing but my taste buds need a change. I think tonight will be salmon patties with creamed peas - almost a childhood comfort food (if I liked salmon). Any suggestions - we eat grilled chicken salad, chicken stir fry, tilapia with some type of vegetables, smoked turkey sausage with cabbage, also recently introduced Catherine's baja fish taco. What do you eat? Lunches usually are leftovers of previous nights dinner.

Hope you are all doing well. Moving your bodies, drinking your water and SMILING.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 03-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #109  

Good morning everyone,
well we got lucky on only got about 4 inches of snow. Everyone around us seems to have gotten alot more. My baby called from Lousiville and they have 11" and it is still snowing hard. She said her teacher doesnt think they will be allowed to come home today. She will have to call into her job and tell them she cant make it home. She is upset about that.
My weigh in was 1lb loss for the week so that put me at 19lbs off. I want to get under 280 so bad and IM so close. I was hoping to have be 275 by EAster but I can see that might not happen. Hey but any loss is great!!

Em- good to see you!

anne good luck on the job hunt, im sure someone will call soon

dmpls- how much snow did you end up getting?

Time to go and lift weights and do laundry. THe sun is shining here today so im in a mood to clean. Have a wonderful day everyone.
debi

Old 03-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #110  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Carol-My husband once brought home a jar of ginger marmalade. We both hated it, but I put it on top of some salmon to throw in the oven, and it was great. We’ve also done orange, and mixed berry, the no-sugar kind. We pretty much eat salmon or chicken breast, so I have to mix things up a bit. I go down the ethnic aisle or to different neighborhood groceries in search of strange things. I’ve done different kinds of green and yellow curry, and once this Bosnian thing. You have to watch the sodium content, but I just throw some on frozen chicken breast, and plunk it in the oven. I am a very good cook, but I have kitchen issues, and need to stay out of there as much as possible. I’ve got non-stick round cake pans to make individual servings, and will put a breast in each one, some sauce, and a half a can of peas or chopped tomatoes in each. That kind of thing. Try some low fat coconut milk with a package of satay. That will make your husband follow you from room to room.

Annie-I sure hope you get a chance to settle soon. Chaos makes it so much harder to concentrate.

I need to eat breakfast, but just can’t seem to get around good. I only got to the pool once this week. I’ll have to do better next week.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Catherine - once again you make me laugh - I also have kitchen issues and I am very good cook - apparently I think so cuz I have eaten too much of it. Hubby did say he is starting to miss some of our "old" staples - I told him he'll just have to find them somewhere else. Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll work twice as hard this afternoon in the pool - will that help you feel better?

Carol
Old 03-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning peeps....

Well this week was not so good for me..I have been working overtime..and although the money is nice takes alot out of me.

As far as exercising..it hasnt happened..UGH..no one to blame but me. darn it..lol

As for eating that I have been doing good. I took my lunch to work everyday last week. So no eating out for me!!! And I actually turned down sweets at work serveral times..and I truley felt good about it. I actually didn't want it.

Today I am cleaning out my bedroom and garage..lol wish me luck!!!

Stress has been bad...lots of things going on my life that are out of my control. So I have been sobbing alot lol. But I know things will get better....they always do!

Last edited by azcyn; 03-08-2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: correcting my typos UGH!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #113  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Catherine-that’s ok whenever you find it is fine! I figured out that yams are hard to slice LOL! I kinda made my own recipe up...I took one yam(HUGE almost 1 lb), one sweet onion, 6 cloves of garlic, about 25 baby carrots. Placed them all in a baking dish drizzled about 2 TBS. EVOO overtop then used Mrs. Dash with basil & tomato.....tossed it around covered with foil and baked for 45mins at 350. (could of used maybe 10 or 15 mins more) they came out great! Dh liked it but he was skeptical! DD even ate most of her’s!
Glad to hear your DH got hom ok!

Debi- not sure exactly how many inches we got but my poor toy poodle has to jump in order to walk around outside so about 6 inches in the yard or more......my table outside has at least 8 maybe 10 inches of snow on it though! I know some of that is drift snow but geeeezeee!!! Looks like Colorado outside! We are due for more Sunday night too!

Carol- I do a lite chicken parmesean kinda thing LOL take frozen chicken breast, a low-cal spaghetti sauce(I check sugar content), pour sauce over top of chicken breast. Simmer in oven at 350 for almost 30 mins.....I make sure chicken is covered with sauce so that it wont dry out. For last few mins I sprinkle mozzerella cheese over top of the chicken breast just enough to cover the breast. Bake for a few mins longer to melt cheese. Serve over whole wheat pasta or brown rice. DH is Italian and he likes it almost as much as the breaded (fried) version I use to make! You can also do this same dish with Eggplant instead of chicken. (Although I prefer the fried version of eggplant, but wont be making that LOL)
Another quick and easy chicken dinner I use and have adapted to low-cal is what we call Italian Chicken( not really Italian at all)
You simmer your chicken breast in a bit of water to cook. Cut up into pieces. In another pan take fat free cream cheese and heat till melted and creamy (I add a touch of pam so it wont burn) then add a can of lowfat cream of chicken or mushroom soup, stirring the two together, add a package of Italian dressing powder mix (dry), mix together , add chicken and simmer low for a few mins to reheat chicken meat. Serve over rice or pasta.

{{{{Cyn}}}} here's to a new week and making it a better one!!! just take it one day at a time.

I did my weight lifting this morning for my arms & then did my legs/hips/glutes exercises. I watched a couple of workout shows on fitTV one was a yoga I recorded I might try it.....will have to memorize all the moves first LOL (I'm not very coordinated) another was a Latin/Afro type dance ROFLM*O needless to say I deleted that recording!!!! If I thought Hip Hop Abs was challanging!!!! that was crazy I kept up for the first 3-4 mins and then the girl said ok now that we are warmed up we can start our routine!!! ROFL That was the ROUTINE for me!!!! hehehehe

I think I will stick with the weights and build more stamina for a dance routine.....gotta start learning some steps for our cruise in Oct and I don't want to look silly out there with DH!!! also I know that dancing is a great form of exercise that is fun too!

well better go for now gotta work on laundry and maybe even head outside to shovel the walkway for a bit.....DH laughed at that one! being born in Vegas & growing up in California I don't do snow much....I have played in the snow one time with the kids when DH was stationed away from us for a year LOL all other snow related activities is DH's department!!! LOL

CYA
Bernice
Old 03-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #114  

Height: 5'11"

Oh Cyn, I know how it feels! It will get better, and it's ok to cry. Do something nice for you -- buy flowers or a new book, or take a walk somewhere pretty. Find time to be alone with yourself -- you are a great person! I know I'm new here, but you seem so warm and caring to me. Hang in there!
Old 03-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #115  

The snow is melting really fast here. The roads were melted by 1. Hubby decided after we lifted weights that we needed to go on and walk. I thought he was nuts. We went out to the golf course and walked the path, most of it was clear of snow. We did have to walk thru some drifts but i feel so good after doing it. Have dinner in the oven now and plan on eating early.
Daughter is on her way home from Louisville. She actually won her divison in medical phtography and gets to go to Nationals in Dallas in june. She is pumped !! IM so proud of her!!

cyn_ we are here for you anytime you need us!!Please take care of yourself.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:33 PM   #116  
Future Betty

S/C/G: 315/270/175

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new here - been jumping in here and there. Today was a good day, got my gym membership! Went on the treadmill and after 15 minutes I felt like I was going to die, but I made it to 30!

Cyn, I have a really stressful job too and I'm always having to work overtime, so I totally feel you. Not having personal time for yourself only adds to the stress. I agree with TheWalrus - when you've burned your candle at both ends, the best thing you can do is be super nice for yourself. Also, I try to do something right when I get off of work to kind of clear the work from me, I go window shopping, go have one drink if it was a crazy day, sit in the park and call one of my friends and chat... - I've been walking this week around the city and when I'm done walking, a lot of that work chatter in my head has melted away.

I also did major cleaning today - I actually got my kitchen into working order! It's been a ghost town for so long. I have so many things to make great food - not just heat and eat! Yay!

Last edited by wyoming; 03-08-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #117  
Sandybar1 aka Sandybar

S/C/G: 352/333/150

Height: 5'1"

Nancy, Hope your trip goes well. I totally understand about eating issues
around family. Especially my dad. And his "lady friend." gee to I hate her.
Anyway, be safe!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #118  
Sandybar1 aka Sandybar

Hi Sharon,
Glad the scale was good to you. I hope you do get to the dr soonest.
I know first hand the meds make all the difference.Big Hugs,
Sandy
Old 03-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #119  
Sandybar1 aka Sandybar

Battle,
I"m so very proud of you for throwing out the cookie dough. That's a huge victory. It's an emotional victory too. Big hugs to you!!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:12 PM   #120  
Sandybar1 aka Sandybar

Annie, You're looking amazing. Sorry your job isn't working. You'll have to pm
or email me since I missed what happened.
Sandy
Closed Thread