Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 07:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1145

Welcome Welcome!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

**move this over from last weeks thread**

Good Morning,
I just wanted to drop in and let everyone know the next 2 weeks will be nuts for me. I work for as a trainer for a flower company (big one) and am lucky because I do 90% of it from home. However, during big holidays all employees have to work the phones(which thankfully I get to do from home). I have 52 hours this week and close to the same next week. I wont have a lot of time to post but will do my best. I also have decided not to count points till this is over. I am however not giving myself a red flag to go hog wild. I am going to eat my same breakfast and lunch and eat small portions at dinner. My family will be doing dinner since I basically work from 8am-11pm lol. Well everyone have a great week. Post more when I can breath.

Tina

PS welcome new ones.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW325/319/294/?

Height: 5' 8.5''

Hello!
I am jumping right in at the start of this weeks thread. Good luck with the increased work-load Tina.
Spring is in the air here in the UK My Slimming World class is tonight - fingers crossed for the weigh-in.
I hope you all have a good week!

Róisín
Old 02-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Morning all!

Survived a weekend with minimal off plan eating. Dining out Saturday night was good. I did get the Haddock and it was delicious...and the rest of the family was eyeballing it and some wished they had gotten it! See? Healthy choices can be yummy too! It was funny. At dessert, the restaurant brought over one serving of their mile high chocolate cake. YUM! Well, that cake was cut into 8 thin slices by my SIL and we all had a piece, but I am thinking that it was not a bad indulgence. YEAH!

I am not weighing myself again for a few weeks when I have been OP faithfully for a bit....so I am instead focusing on the healthy changes I am making or have made in the past year.

Tommorrow is the 1 year anniversary of starting this journey. I don't know how long it is going to take to get to goal, but I feel so much better now. I was so sick and literally could not breathe or sleep well this time last year and every little thing was not an easy task. My mom (who turned 81) just made sure she said in front of my brothers and sisters in law how good I look, but more importantly how happy she is with the change from me in the year since her last birthday party. She is such a sweetie.

I did not mean to ramble...but thats what I do! I am a chatty person! I must get on with my work, but have a great OP day everyone!

Last edited by Torister; 02-11-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Tina: I hope your week isn't too hectic and that being around all the beautiful flowers is fun.

Seven of Eight: Welcome. I have been mia for a week and I have missed so much. No way I can catch up but wanted to welcome you to our little corner. Good luck at the slimming world weigh in tonight.

Peggy: Your post just made me so happy. It is so wonderful to reflect on all the positives that have happened over the past year. Not just the 100 plus pounds you have lost but the whole package. Getting to sleep better, moving around better, etc. I am so happy for you and so very proud of you too. I know that when I actually take the time to reflect on my new found health It thrills me too. So huge hugs and I love the chatty Peggy!

Well, I am feeling tons better but still not totally up to par. Mostly a runny nose UGH! Just what you need when you have back to back clients all day. lol. I got up at 4:00 this morning and rode my bike for 1/2 hour and then WATP for 20 minutes and about 10 minutes of situps. So, I feel pretty happy that I got in a good hour of exercise. Hopefully I can keep this up the rest of the month so I can make my exercise goal. I sure did nothing when I was sick but that's okay. I am lifting weights tonight and that is soooo hard. lol. I did do my measurements this past weekend because I had forgotten to do them on the 1st and they were pretty decent. I lost about 15 inches overall since January 1st so that is good. I stayed the same on Friday when I weiged so Hopefully this Friday I will show a good loss.

Hope you all have a super great OP Day. I will check in with you hopefully more often this week.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 02-11-2008, 10:17 AM   #6  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Good Morning everyone

Welcome Roisin...this is an asweome site. If you need support or words of encouragement or tips of success, then you have come to the right place! If you just need to vent or share anything you'd like...there are wonderful ladies here that listen and care! WELCOME!

Heather...Thanks for the link to the 7 habits of highly etc...

Tina...sounds like your work weeks coming up will be stressful...just remember to take time for YOU. Its great that you can work from home...maybe sneak in a nice relazing bubble bath with some candles...just stay focused and you'll get through the next 2 weeks just fine!

Donna, OMG...I looked up a pic of that gazelle thingy...WAY TO GO GF...that looks hard to me! YIKES!

Carol....I hope your back is feeling better today. About the telling hubby weight issue...I know how you feel. NO ONE ever knew my weight except the lady at the drs office that weighed me. I think people can think...well she is heavy, I bet she weights 200 pounds...and I could think, gee if ONLY I DID! Weighing in at nearly 350 I would have loved for someone to have said, I bet you weigh 200 punds! Well, I think not telling anyone hindered me from accepting the "reality" of the poundage. I mean, we all know that our friends, family, and even hubbies can SEE that we are heavy. It was when I actually TOLD Nigel the truth, and got on the scales in front of him, did something inside of me clicked and the reality of it hit hard...and well, I'm certainly not saying that revealing that info is right for everyone, it did help me and I was so surprised at how super supportive he became. He said he never suspected that I weighted that much and it didn't matter he loved me anyway. Then I told my mother. YES! My mother. And she only offered support as well and said, well, what can I do to help you honey? So then, I thought, ok, I will tell my oldest son. And he said mom, its just a number, you're still the best mom in the world. Somehow, knowing that they all know...makes me want to continue my efforts. I'm so anxious to hit my first goal....getting that 3 off the scale! Hope your day is awesome Carol, just like YOU are!

Good Morning Cyn....how's your weight loss efforts going? My weigh in day each week is on Wednesday. I think I like having it on Wed. because if the weekend gets a little heavy on the intake, I can still bust my buns Mon and Tues. I'm glad you had fun with your niece. I can relate though...my 4 kids are grown...and my patience is not what it used to be! Make some special time for YOU this week. Stay focused and pump up your work out efforts! YOU can do it!

Heather_dw....I am sorry you have been under the weather...and What Anne said to you is so true. Make sure you are taking care of YOU and get those fluids flowing into your body. Being sick is NOT a fun way to lose weight! I hope that you are feeling better soon and that you can get back focused on your task at hand, instead of dealing with sickness. Hang in there.

Debbie....I am getting excited too for the time to plant some veggies...I just love fresh tomatoes off the vine. I love bell peppers and they are so easy to grow. We moved this year so I will be forced to do a container garden!!...on my back deck! I hope to have tomatoes before the 4th of July! woohoo! I hope that you had a wonderful weekend. I finally rode over 10 miles at one stretch on my bicycle! It was an awesome feeling! What vegetables are you going to grow? Several years ago I had a 5 acre patch of sweet corn! and a one acre garden. It was too much for me to tend!! I don't live on the farm anymore so now I will be forced to downsize! I still yearn for those wild blackberries in your neck of the woods! Cheerssssss

Sandra...it sounds like you have a very important decision to make. KUDOS....for just being yourself. WHO wouldn't love what they see? Your vibrant personality shows through your posts! Keep us posted...and I will say a prayer that you will find the path that is yours to walk. Stay focused. I know that in the end, you will make the perfect choice for YOU. Have a super fabulous week!

Debimitch...welcome to the group...its an awesome group! You'll soon discover!

Bernice...How is your week going so far? Tell me what do you do? I take it you work with special needs children? I used to be in social work...and worked with special needs children and was a foster parent for 12 years. Sometimes I miss that calling. My patience level has declined over the years. This is the first time ever that I have decided to take time off for me. How did you do on the dreaded scale today? YOU can do it!

Good morning Peggy, How did your birthday dinner go? What are some of your favorite meals that keep you on track? I hope that you have a lovely week!

Nancy...where are you???? Did I see that your ticker moved??? WAY TO GO! Tell us more. Hugssssssss

Ally....bless your heart, you sure have had a busy time with your mother. You mentioned that you wish you had your mother's outlook bcause nothing seemed to get her down...well I think YOU DO have that outlook. You have MORE optimism that you give yourself credit for. Just look at you, taking control of this area in your life and working hard and OMG....you've lost OVER 50 POUNDS!!! That is awesome! Just hang in there. I know your energy is getting zapped right now having to care fo your Mum so much, but soon, you will have more time for yourself again. The most important thing is to keep posting and stay connected. We care a great deal about how your day is going so write when you can.

Julee....I took your advice...and got that to go box before the meal arrived and promptly boxed up 2/3'rds of it and then gave it to the waitress to discard! Thanks That helped tremendously. I love reading your tips! I hope you have a great week!

Annie......dogpal....where are you??? I sure hope you are feeling better now. It seems you've just been under the weather too much. I miss your posts Write when you can. Hugssssssssssss

LisaF....ok...another day to go before your new job.!!!! Good Luck and keep us posted how it's going. Have a great week and just be yourself!

Johnnie...How are you doing today dear? I can so relate to not being able to walk far. One reason I got a bicycle is because I can't even walk around the block that I live on. I am so proud that you are continuing to get stronger and stronger! I am trying to add more steps everyday. Nigel doesn't drop me off at the door anymore...when we go to the store...and I am going up the stairs much better since I have lost over 25 pounds! I hope that it will only continue to get easier and easier. Just focus on making a little more acheivements each new day and one day, you will post that you walked all around your neighborhood! hugs to you I hope you have a terrific week.

Kayley....WHERE ARE YOU GIRLFRIEND????? I'm thinking about you

Anne...my "real" canadian friend (haha) How are things your way? We are planning a trip to PEI later this year. I am so excited. I went to Windsor Canada last year and enjoyed the trip very much. I hope that your week is going to be excellent! I enjoyed reading your blog. Keep up the great work!

Angie....hows it going? I hope you HAVE A GREAT WEEK and a super successful weigh in.

Sharon...voodooooooo how are you love?? Haven't seen you posting much. Everything ok??

RatKitten....where are you????????????

I hope everyone else lurking will post...I love love love reading all your posts!! Cheers and God bless everyone

rainbowsmiles

ps....I was just curious about something...I post here and on the 40something thread...and I wonder why it is that most of the 40something posts have no real pics of themselves...while here, I can find all of your beautiful smiling faces...I wonder why that is?
Old 02-11-2008, 10:21 AM   #7  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Peggy....You must have posted just before me! WOW.....that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome...a one year anniversary!!! and over 100 pounds lost!!! Oh how I pray I can have the determination that you display and say the same thing next year!

It really doesn't matter how long...this is the NEW YOU...your new lifestyle...and YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, and keep posting...and motivating all of us!! You give us all HOPE!

KUDOOOOSSSSS
rainbowsmiles
Old 02-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hey everyone,

I'm reposting my update since it was posted at the end of last week's thread.

This morning I'm up 3 lbs. from my ticker. I don't know what to do but to keep trying..it's been about 6 weeks or more at this weight. Ugh.

My week ahead is going to be crazy, so I don't know when I'll do personals, but I am reading. Hugs and strength to all of you. Hi and welcome to the newbies.

----
I'm back from my trip to my mother's to help her get her house ready for sale. Let me say that the entire trip was one big NSV. It started with fitting in the plane seats, and went on with my ability to keep moving and to bend and lift and move furniture.

I never would have been able to withstand a trip like this before. I worked all day every day, physical work and lots of things to do. My physical fitness and work ethic seemed to alarm my mother, and at one point she accused me of being "on something," as she could apparently find no other explanation for my stamina.

All that, and I was OP 7 out of 9 days, and I lost no weight. I' m still firmly stuck in my plateau.

A little background: My mother/siblings live on the opposite coast. My mother needs to sell her house. There are money problems, and she is 80. A few months ago, I considered moving back to help. I realized that moving for that reason was a very bad idea. During the time I considered moving back for my family, I sent out a few resumes, and promptly forgot about them when I decided not to move back for them. However, I have been thinking of moving somewhere else, and my city of birth made the list, for other reasons. I was never committed to leaving my current city, because I love many aspects of living here.
----

Don't you know, one of the potential employers did not know I was only toying with the idea of moving, and contacted me for an interview. My attitude was ok, I'll talk to them just to hear what they say, but I dunno about this. So, I had a phone interview with the person who would be my boss, and it went great. We set an appointment to meet in person while I was visiting.

The in-person interview went very well. I really, really like the person I'd be reporting to. I kept looking for reasons to not like him, and to be concerned, but the more I looked the more I liked. I met the team I'd be working with and loved them.

Because I didn't care, I was totally myself, without a thought to putting my best foot forward. I said exactly what I thought. They all ate it up, and loved what they saw.

Now they want to fly me to another location to meet the CEO.

This position would be in my previous industry, not the one I'm currently working in. The salary I'm asking for, and they are considering even though it's a lot more than they intended to pay, while not setting the world on fire, would be good, and would afford me a better lifestyle than I could have here at the same salary.

Holy smokes, this is all moving so fast and I don't know what to do. In the past, it has always taken me a long time to find a job. This is definitely a different experience for me. I just don't know what to do, whether I should pack up and leave or stay here if they offer me the job. They've already said I am the top pick.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:21 AM   #9  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Hiya ladies Lost a few more pounds over last two weeks, so thought I would quickly update signature and say hi!

Afraid to say been feeling really down and low recently, really not sure why and its getting harder to cope Boo hoo to that....not sure whether I need to go back on ant d meds but took ages coming off them and have done really well for the last year. Not sure where the low is coming from, but hope the increasing sunshine hours might help!!

Hoping you all have a great week,

Em x
Old 02-11-2008, 01:19 PM   #10  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Peggy-It is hard when you reach a date that you thought you’d be done by, and realize that you aren’t. I’ve had many of those come and go. I try very hard now to not set dates for things. It just sets me up for feeling bad. I also feel so much better now than I did when I was at my largest. I would get out of breath just from breathing I think. It is so cool to walk stairs and not get winded. After 8 years in a wheelchair, going up any steps is an improvement.

Annie-If your nose starts trying to run away, I suggest taping it to your face. Don’t use duct tape though. That hurts too much when you pull it off. White medical tape is best, and it can take makeup so you can blend the tape in to where it won’t show.

Rainbow-we over 40’s don’t post pictures because we quit having them kind of like birthdays. Maybe when I hit the 50’s in a couple of years I’ll start having them again. I’ve posted pictures somewhere, but haven’t a clue where. I used to have a picture on my avatar, but it didn’t look like me anymore, so I changed it to a dog’s butt.

Battle-It is strange to get to a point where people are after you instead of always having to chase them. I’m ducking an Archbishop right now. I don’t want the job, couldn’t possibly do the job, but I also know that I’m the best one they have for it, and if he asks me to my face, I’d probably say yes. Bishops and nuns have special guilt powers.

Em-Yes the increase in sunshine is great. I woke up this morning, and the sun was actually up before me. That was great. Of course I’ll be complaining this summer when the sun starts waking me up at 3am.

I have a book report to do today, and a whole bunch of paperwork. I’m shooting for Tuesday, and Thursday this week for the pool. I am allowed twice a week right now, and I have looked at the weather, and those are going to be the warmest days. We might even hit 0 on Friday. Unfortunately when it warms up is when it snows. It has been too cold to snow for about two weeks. It is something about the dew points. I don’t understand it, but the natives here all are saying that it doesn’t snow when it gets too cold. I guess it is like Antarctica. It doesn’t snow there either.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Catherine, you're right, it doesn't seem fair that they tax you twice on the same money. Does Canada take as much as the US?

Battleax, have you decided on what you're going to do yet? It sures sounds like it's right up your alley!

debimitch,

Tina, it sounds like you have a plan of action food wise while you are going to be working all those hours. You're so fortunate to get to work from home. YAY for you!!

Roisin, to you too!! Good luck on the WI

Peggy, Happy Anniversary tomorrow!! Wow, so much has changed, hasn't it? I know exactly how you feel about what you could do then compared to now. It's mind boggling!!

Annie, so glad ot hear that you're feeling better and back in the saddle at work. Just keep taking care of yourself and don't overwork yourself. Great on all the exercise and all those lost inches!!!

rainbowsmiles, I plan to grow all kinds!!! They have these neat rainbow carrots, they come in all different colors! I want lettuce, corn, radishes, peppers, cucumbers, you name it, I want it. We have a big field in front of the house that gets plenty of sunshine so we will be having the garden there. I don't know how big it will be yet, but sounds pretty big just now.

Em, take care and do what's best for you.

My weekend was going fine. Even got an email from my son who I haven't had any contact with since August. I thought he was writing to try and work things out, but it just seems he was writing to ***** at me again. I don't know what to do. I don't want this kind of pain in my life and he doesn't want to take responsibility for his actions. They are totally blaming me for everything. He says he doesn't even care what I have to say because it's all been said, so why did he email me then if he doesn't care? I dunno. Needless to say, I'm back to not being able to sleep and nervous as ****. One NSV though, I didn't turn to food to get thru this.
I also wanted to add that since I added more calories to my intake, I'm losing weight!!!!! Man!! I can't even tell you how good that feels to see the scale moving downward.
So there's been highs and lows this weekend. Hopefully it will all work out.
Debbie
Old 02-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #12  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

My goodness, just 1pm and already 8 posts! I'm fighting through the blahs this morning after a disappointing weigh-in (up .6 lb). Everything is on plan and I think it's way too early in my restarted journey to panic. I'm telling myself all the things I need to (like I'm still down 22.2 lbs from Dec 7th) and slow downs are to be expected.

The good thing is that I reacted by putting in the sculpt DVD (I hate it) and working out for 30 mins. For the first time (I think ever) I managed to do the push-ups (8,8,7-7-7) with at least half of them being on my toes. I suppose that shows that the work with the hand weights is paying off.

babybear - good luck with the busy work schedule. Oddly, I kind of miss those nutty periods. It's sad but in the end I think I like a job that every now and then makes me work long hours.

Seven of Eight - welcome! Jumping right in is the best way to do it.

Torister - I think that was a great way to indulge. And being where you are (more than a 100 lbs down) is a wonderful achievement.

Annie - wow, 4am is pretty early. If I'm awake at that hour it usually means I haven't slept yet. Hopefully you're getting plenty of sleep, especially when you're not feeling well.

rainbowsmiles - I haven't been to PEI in decades, although from what I remember it is lovely. I don't think I've been to South Carolina (perhaps driven through once). I've been in North Carolina (Hatteras) a couple of times in the winter. It's just a bit warmer (sometimes a lot) than we are, and cheap enough. Any further south and it's usually too expensive. Are you having a nice mild winter? It's quite brisk here this morning (about 13F) although the sun is shining.

BattleAx - that's always the way jobs seem to go. The ones you don't really want are the ones that chase you the most. I had applied to (and had one interview) with someone about 2 hours drive from where I live. I did look around the area (a nice one) but decided that I really didn't want to move there, even temporarily. So now that I can't find anything locally they're offering to help me relocate, pay for moving expenses, and even have started to talk about renting me something while I'm looking. You have to ask yourself if (a) you're happy where you are, and (b) would you be happy making the change. I'm not a big believer in pro/con lists, but perhaps that might help.

emilymay - congrats on the pounds lost, and sorry to hear that you're blue. More sunshine could be the trick. At least where you are you could actually go outside in it without risking frostbite.

CatherineM - wow, I just looked, we're colder than you are! Okay, not by much, but I was thinking about you there while I was complaining about the weather. I remember one year, maybe 15 or so, when it was -35C and we actually did get snow. It is very rare though. I only remember because my mother was off in Portugal for the winter and called home to complain that she needed a sweater in the mornings!

Debbie - sorry to hear about your son. I have a friend (nearing 60) who spent nearly 25 years not talking to one of her children. She'd had the first two very young (as in 16 with twins), but had always had a good relationship with the daughter. They did eventually get back to a reasonable relationship, but it took a long time. She could never point out what started it, or what ended it. I hope you manage to work things out.

Last edited by RealCdn; 02-11-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #13  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Rainbow: Thanks so much! Wow..you didn't take the leftovers home? That IS willpower. I actually hate leftovers from resuaturants...hubby doesn't mind so he usually eats mine. I'll eat leftovers of stuff I cook..but he also usually eats those too because I cannot bring a lot of what I cook at home to work for lunch.

ARGGH...someone asked me about Orange Vodka...Absolut Mandarin. Both Absolut and Stoli make a lot of flavor infused vodkas which mix wonderfully with diet sodas of all flavors as well...alcohol is empty calories...we all know this...but if you're going to have a 1-drink evening and you like things with nice flavors that aren't too strong...it's not the worst 90 calories you will ever spend.

It was 80 here this weekend!!! LOVED the fresh air. DH and I drove around for a bit looking at houses...just to gt ideas of current prices...we're not buying yet. But it was fun for us to do together especially after the MAJOR blow up we had on Saturday night. Whew. How I lived through that without a truckload of chocolate I will never know.

Oh..someone mentioned a square of a Hershey's bar as a satisfying end to a chocolate jones. Girfriend,.....you are a strong woman. I LOVE really good really dark chocolate myself. I can get by on one square of that because the flavor is so strong it lasts for me and I don't want to put anything else in my mouth afterwards. Milk chocolate for me leaves me wanting more...a LOT more. I also keep all of my chocolates in the fridge so they get harder..which makes it take longer to eat. My current obsession are the WW 1-point Chocolate Caramel mini bars. They are bigger than a snack size and when I chill them...they tast just like a Milky Way bar and take me a good long while to eat. YUMMO.

Ok..no more choc-talk. Time for something that looks like work!

OH...did you SEE Tina Turner on the Grammys??? if I look 1/4 that good at 69 it will be a blessing.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Hi Peeps - things are hopping around here - just a quick fly by for me as I need to get back to the office. So glad things are going well for everyone this wonderfully frigid Monday morning (by my terms - it was minus 3F this morning).

Personals later

Hugs,
Carol
Old 02-11-2008, 03:08 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Peggy-It is hard when you reach a date that you thought you’d be done by, and realize that you aren’t.
Ummm....who said I thought I would be done by now? Not me! I had over 200 lbs to lose! There was no way in heck that I thought I would lose that in a year.

In all honesty, I am *happy* where I am now. Its one of the reasons that I fall into the unmotivated mode. It doesn't matter how long it takes to get to my goal weight because I feel great now. Of course I still have a 100 more lbs to lose...but the main point of this for me is the *health*. I am a MUCH healthier person now than I was 12 months ago. That was my point. I have had a one year of good health and learning better habits. In the end, it will be those good habits that will get me to goal...and hopefully a longer life as a reward!!
Closed Thread