Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1141

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

I'll post a longer post tonight, I haven't got time now. But I just wanted to let you all know that after my first week back OP I lost 5 lbs I am pretty darn happy about that, now only if hubby who hasn't exercised at all, has eaten twice as much as me and even drunk a few alcoholic drinks hadn't lost 3 lbs too I would be doubly happy Why is it that my giving my all gives me a 5 lbs loss, and hubby giving very little loses 3 lbs. It's just not right. It's a good job I love him to bits and want him to lose some weight too or I might just throw something at him

Be back later,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #3  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Good mornin' everyone. Just wanted to check in quickly. I have a nasty cold that I think has turned into strep. Am waiting to see if I can get in to the doctor today.

Weight-wise, I don't know if anything has changed as I haven't weighed. But food-wise, I am doing fantastic. I have gone over my calories a few days, but my overall average is great and once I start feeling better, I'll get back to exercising and things will be right on track. I have noticed small body changes, so whether the scale reflects it or not, I know that eventually I will start seeing some weight drop.

Hope everyone is doing well. You're all in my thoughts!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #4  

ammi you know Daren has lost his weight playing the x-box lol!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:36 AM   #5  

after having a not so great weekend i woke up determined not to undermine myself and to eat right and exercise ! still working out on the gazelle a few times a day i hope to jump back on the exercise board soon!
Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Nancy: feel better soon.

Catherine: Oh how you can tell a tale! I was trying so hard to imagine an alligator in your bathtub. lol.

Colleen: have a great week

Debbie: Good luck on tomorrow's weigh in. I will be rooting for you.

Carrie: I like what you posted. It is all about commitment for sure.

Carol: I measure once a month and it does help to see the inches go too.

Ammi: Whoo Hoo. Congrats on your -5. You are off to a wonderful new start! Hugs.

Brandnewme: I love your avatar photo. You look so happy. Great job with the food.

Patti: Come on girl. You can do it. Get back on the Gazelle.

Well, I'm off to work now. Hope everyone has a great op, water drinkin, butt movin day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 01-14-2008, 11:50 AM   #7  

dogpal i am sure working on it thats for sure!
Old 01-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Ammi – Men can lose weight so much easier than women, and it’s SO frustrating!! Andrew can eat an entire gallon of ice cream, and a pizza, and STILL be lighter in the morning!

Brandnewme – FEEL BETTER SOON!!!

Good afternoon, everyone! Last night, a friend & I went bowling, because there’s a bowling alley near me that lets ladies bowl free on Sunday nights. I forgot how much of a workout that can be! lol

I’m about ready to go exercise. Trying to figure out if I’m going to do dance or walking….hmmm….
Old 01-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #9  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

We had a little plumbing problem last night. About a quart of water mysterious appeared on our kitchen floor. The man upstairs is in China, and his sink overflowed. We had to have the Chinese family across the hall call him in China and have him call his friends here who have his keys. A bit of work with bucket, plunger and snake later, the culprit was dealt with. He had been pouring old tea leaves down the sink, and it flow okay if slow while they were kept wet, but with him gone they dried into a concrete mess that evidenced itself when the man on the third floor washed his dished. The rinse water coming all at once backed up into the second floor sink which overflowed finding it's way to our floor. I do feel like a frat house mom at the UN sometimes. At least it wasn't sewage. I'm just glad we could get to it before he came home in April to a ruined floor and carpets. Himself, who is fairly inexperience in the mechanical arts, freaked out thinking that Noah's flood was coming. He was about to call the fire department. Calming him down was the hardest part of the operation. It was about a quart of water total. I didn't even bother with the mop, just a couple of old towels did the trick. The apartment now smells a bit like green tea, but again that's better than sewage would have smelt. In Florida, I'd be worried about mold, etc. It is so high and dry here that the towels were dry by morning. It dripped down and came out behind a base board, so I removed that this morning, and it was already dry behind it too. I'll leave it off for a few days just to make sure everything dries completely. At least I won't have to deal with a water stain on the ceiling to seal and repaint. Mr. Chen wanted to pay us for our time. People have forgotten what being good neighbors is all about. We could have screamed and had a plumber come out on a Sunday night (why do plumbing emergencies always happen on the weekends), and stuck him with a big bill for the whole thing, but it was such an easy thing really. My dad used to say that you shouldn't let people try to buy back the good feelings you get from helping someone out. We could let him pay us, but then we couldn't keep the good karma.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #10  
Kimmie

S/C/G: 365/ticker/185

Hello Ladies.

A lot happens when you miss a week with this group!

I missed last week because I was in FL taking care of my nephews while my 4-month-old niece had open heart surgery. She came through the surgery exceptionally well...and is already home! I am awed by those surgeons who have perfected this surgery and have the skill to perform it.

I went to FL with the intention of keeping up with my FitDay journal and eating healthily. The reality: I succumbed to the temptations of "travel eating." I've decided to enter a state of healthy denial and avoid the scale until Friday, my normal weigh-in day.

I've really got to get back on the right track.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:53 PM   #11  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Well, I guess I will start out with the new thread and just catch up here with personals. I will try and do better to keep up!

Ammi – Congratulations on being down 5 – that is fantastic! Are you feeling like you are able to easily get back into the swing of things or has it been difficult?

BrandNewMe – That’s great that you are feeling so positive food wise.

Patti – Good for you picking yourself up and getting right back on track!

Annie – It is so great that you are enjoying your new job so much.

Kayley – Your new avatar is super cute! I like the lighter hair color.

Catherine – It sounds like you averted what could have been a major disaster! I agree with you about the karma.

I had my gym bag packed and ready to go tonight. My brain is saying yes and my body is saying no, it needs one more day of rest. I guess I need to let my body win this fight. I would hate to push myself too soon and then be worse off in the long run. I feel bad missing it, but what can I do.

We were supposed to get a bunch of snow today and then got almost nothing. I am both relieved and disappointed when that happens.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:33 PM   #12  

Talking

Hello thought I would pop along and say hello to you all, it seems the thread for me! I am over 300lbs and have been for a long time; I am 44lbs down but have a way to go and another 14lbs to shift till I see the two hundreds. It’s taken me so long to finally kick start my diet and I am officially at the lowest I have been in a number of years – at least 9 years!

I look forward to getting to know you!
Old 01-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #13  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Nancy~ That better not happen here. I am SO planning a storm day tomorrow *L*
Old 01-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hello All,

Here I am again as promised. I’ve had another good OP day today, and I had a great half an hour work out on my Gazelle for the first time in ages. I really enjoyed it but I just hope my thighs don’t ache too much tomorrow lol. My monitor on the Gazelle looked like it needed new batteries, so I changed them, now the thing doesn’t work at all! Yep I made sure I put them in the right way lol. So now I have to work out and watch the clock, not the monitor. Bummer!! Before the monitor died I noticed that I had done 521 miles on it. Pretty cool huh?

Catherine – thanks so much for explaining about the rabbit, you’ll note that a lot of people DID understand what you meant. I guess I didn’t and Sharon too because we are in the UK? How are you feeling?

What did the doc have to say when you went to see him? I’m sorry ‘he’ spoke to your doctor before you went in to see him. I think your revenge made him sorry

Johnnie – I look forward to getting to know you better too. It’s nice to hear that I was missed while I was AWOL getting fatter

on your 9 lb loss, that is really wonderful!! Averaging 10 lbs a month is a great rate to be losing weight, keep up the brilliant work

Nancy – sorry to hear you were feeling unwell before the weekend. I hope you are feeling much better now and aren’t retaining water anymore.

Amazingly enough I have found getting back on track easy this time, much easier than any time I tried it last year. I think the shock of how much weight I gained back really has helped me to get my motivation back. I swore to myself that when I lost the weight, especially when I got to 100 lbs lost I would never gain back any lbs. I let myself down big style, and that is helping me stay on track now. No more letting myself down!!

Kayley - on getting the job, that is wonderful news. I hope you will really enjoy working there. When do you start?

Great news too on your weight loss, I’m sorry it wasn’t what you hoped it would be, but I think it’s wonderful to lose weight no matter how much it is

Oh yes men are really frustrating when it comes to what they can eat. Daren had a huge pizza on the weekend and I only had a little WW one, yet he still lost 3 lbs It’s just wrong Oh well just another thing us women have to bear when it comes to men

By the way I love your new avatar picture, you look really lovely in it.

Heather – I know what you mean about getting in the car being the biggest battle sometimes when it comes to going to the gym. I don’t have a car lol, but know that sometimes my biggest battle when it comes to exercising is actually getting dressed to do it. Once I am dressed and the DVD is in the player I am more than happy to get on with it. Funny people aren’t we

BattleAx – good for you for calling your friend on trying to get you to eat that last piece of pizza no matter how many times you told her you didn’t want it. Some people really are terrible it comes to diet sabotage.

That’s lovely that the guy you are sweet on complimented you on your weight loss. It sure has taken a long time for people to start noticing hasn’t it? I bet if feels great to finally be complimented. This guy you are sweet on, I can understand you wanting to keep professional, will you two always be co-workers??

Colneen – thanks so much for the welcome back. I think you all got on wonderfully well without me, but it was lovely of you to say that the place would be lost without me It is lovely to be back.

on your 7 lbs lost, you must be really pleased with that

Annie – sorry I haven’t emailed yet, I promise to write as soon as I can Thank you for your encouragement and enthusiasm about my weight loss. It is very good to be back in control.

Oh rats about being salaried so that you can’t earn extra money from all the over time you have been doing. It’s true that at least it’s beneficial on the days when you get to go home early and don’t have to worry about losing any wages

Thank you for sharing your story about the jeans. It must have been so awful for you the day of the funeral, though I’m sorry, I had to giggle at the picture you portrayed of yourself, especially the walking like Frankenstein’s monster lol. Anyway, on getting into the size 26’s now. Oh yes it’s so much nicer moving down into sizes than it was moving up into them in the past. With the way you are going, you’ll be too small for those 26’s before long

Xena – how wonderful you are saying I am still an inspiration, you definitely made me smile,

Sorry that you didn’t stick strictly OP last week, but at least you carried on with your exercise so that’s good. When I eat what I shouldn’t I normally say blow the exercise too. I won’t do that anymore, and YOU can be my inspiration. I shall remember that you exercise even when you eat more than you should do, and I will do the same!!

I’m glad that you are much happier with your professors this year, it would have been awful if you had to transfer schools.

Carol – now that’s what I call determination, making that 400 mile round trip to avoid the hotel room temptations, and to be home for your yoga class! You deserve a huge well done

Debbie – glad you liked the photos, though can’t say that I liked that one of me with the guitar I much preferred Daren’s rocking picture

Oh yes it’s wonderful that the Sweet’s Syndrome is seemingly under control now. The test will be when my consultant takes me off my meds

Sorry to hear that you are suffering so much with your cold, I hope you will be feeling better soon.

Angie – sounds like you had a lovely indulgent day yesterday. Don’t feel bad about it, we all need those kind of days. You are just brilliant deciding to get straight back on track, how’s it going? Last year I had too many days ‘off’ but could not manage to get back on track. Not until now anyway

Sharon – forgot to say when we chatted today with the job hunt? Have you gone to the job centre to look or are you just looking online or what?

Guess what I did tonight, remember I said I was doing food with potato waffles for tea? Well for some reason I only put 6 in the oven instead of 8. So poor Daren and I only had one each instead of two Never mind, it left me enough spare points to have a packet of crisps

Meg – sorry you are having a small case of the blues. I hope you will be feeling much happier soon

Brenda - how’s that cleaning coming along? It makes for great exercise

Cyn - I think we all know how you feel about being fed up of having to sit on the side lines watching everybody else having the fun. It’s horrible, but it won’t be forever dear friend, you will soon be joining in on all the fun. You are SO determined now, and although it’s awful knowing how unhappy you were not being able to skate, and then having that nasty fall, but it all helped you to get motivated, so something good came of it

Kimmie – I am glad that the surgery went well on your baby niece. It is amazing isn’t it just what surgeons are capable of these days. I hope your niece has a speedy recovery.

As for you not being able to stick on your diet, I totally agree with you just putting it behind you and avoiding the scale until Friday. I bet you’ll do wonders losing any lbs you may have gained while you were away

Moosegirl – hello and Where in the UK are you? I’m in Swansea, South Wales. There aren’t many of us here in the UK, me, Sharon (voodoo lady) and Emily are the only ones I can think of. It’s nice to have somebody else on the same time zone

Good news that you are the lightest now you have been in 9 years, onwards and downwards

Ok well time for me to go watch a bit of TV. Take care all and I’ll ‘see you’ all tomorrow.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #15  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

HI everyone,
Well overtime is still going on at work so this is a quickie too so I don't fall too far behind in my chores.
I haven't been a really good girl, but I'm working on it. I was down 1.?? this week. Almost 2 pounds plus it's tom.
I'll try to get back on schedule in all ways asap.
hugs,
Closed Thread