Old 11-07-2007, 07:22 AM   #1  

Default My clothing goals.. do you have any???

My biggest clothing item i miss is blue jeans... i wore them all my life till i got huge.. now i dont feel like they look right, and they feel heavy and binding.. prob cause theyre tight in some places ( my waist), but somehow loose in the legs and butt...i havnt been able to find a pair that fits right since i got big.. and im sooo looking forward to wearing them again and having em fit me like they used to.. or close anyhow lol.
another thing i miss is country style shirts to go with my wrangler jeans.. i used to dress cowgirl once in a while when i went out.. cowgirl boots, wranglers, western shirt, and stetson.. even tho i live in the uk now and ill look very odd doing that here i plan on having sis send me these items once i reach goal. these are my 'clothing' goals
flabtofab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

I have a pair of blue jeans, which at the moment seem tiny!! They are UK size 14s, they have three big buttons rather than a zipper, very low slung, and I can just remember feeling slim and happy with my shape then when I was wearing them - which was about 4 years ago!!! They are hung up on the outside of my wardrobe as a form of motivation/torture depending on the day!!
Ive always wanted to have knee high boots too, Ive never ever been able to find a pair that fit, I would love to be able to wear a skirt and knee high boots, i think that looks so cute. I guess my biggest clothing goal, is to be able to wear size 14 jeans without a muffin top again!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/200/140

Height: 5'7

I agree, but I miss skirts and things that go above my knee. Since my weight gain I've developed nasty stretch marks on the back of my knees.
TymeSnook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:52 AM   #4  

stretch marks are no fun to be sure, but with me personally, after i lose the weight i want to lose, i will just look at them as battle scars.. and a battle i have won...i mainly have them on my breasts and stomach.. got the ones on my stomach from pregnancys...the ones on my breasts are because for every pound gained, half i think went to them lol... i am sooo hoping i can lose some cup sizes..i would much rather be healthy and thin with stretch marks than morbidly obese like i am now..i also have varicose veins starting on my calves.. im sure from standing on my feet/legs and them having to support so much weight for so long.. plus im 43.. but compared to having to lose 111 pounds min, they dont seem so bad lol
flabtofab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:01 AM   #5  

ahhh UK size 14! I remember that.... I want that back ! I have had to throw away so many clothes because I can no fit in them. I have a brown skirt that I would love to wear again !
theflock24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

So funny you mention this...we recently moved and I have my "step down" clothes. I honestly don't even know where I got them because I have carried them around so much. I currently wear a 4X so I have sizes all the way down to an 8 WOW! There are these jeans that I have was never able to wear them..they are by Delta Burke..lol..they are a dark purple! Still have the friggin tags on them.UGH... They are a size 12...Right now I would love to fit in those. I have not worn jeans since I was a size 20. All my pants now have elastic waists UGH! So sad. So for me I guess getting into those Delta Burke pants would be a great goal!
azcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #7  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Alot has been said .....

Well, I used to live in jeans right up to size 26W but now that I work from home and I don't get a chance to dress up except on the weekends when I have some extra money I want to buy dressier clothes. Recently, I bought another pair of jeans and I am so used to wearing leggings or knit pants that they do seem tight. I don't like that feeling any more.

My sister told me to buy MEN'S LEVIS if I really want good fitting jeans, no matter what size. If you recall they fit your waist then your inseam. I haven't looked lately but I think that is a good idea since my waist is where I have the majority of my weight and my legs are more trim. In our family we are all apple shaped not pear shaped. When I buy plus size jeans I need to fit the waist and hips and then the pant legs swing in the breeze when I walk. I think they actually make me look bigger as a result.

I too have hung onto a lot of really nice "down sized" clothes so I just look forward to revisiting those sizes. They are waiting patiently for me so I hope to see a size 24 in the next couple of months and then a 22 by March and 20s by spring, etc. I am working out like a fiend to tone up the muscles underneath the fat so when the fat goes they will be "ready" for whatever I wear.

Last edited by pamatga; 11-07-2007 at 10:32 AM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:20 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 3"

My clothing goals: My old clothes!!!! DH made fun of me cuz I wouln't get rid of them. I am having the last laugh as I am now starting to wear some of them as I work my way down.
Second goal: Out of plus size stores. Who knew you could get so excited about a size 18?????
I'm an apple shape, too. I thought Pamatga was describing me when she talked about how pants fit, lol. The good news is that I have lost twice as many inches off my waist than hips. So as I lose weight, I am balancing out a bit.
It's been so long since I wore a pair of jeans that weren't stretch jeans.
GingerA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #9  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I had been overweight for so long that I didn't have any step down clothes. My final goal, regardless of the weight, is to be a single digit size 8. I can't even imagine it, even as a teenager, I was a size 12/13/14/15. So far, I've come from a size 32 to a size 12 in tops, 14 in bottoms.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:07 PM   #10  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

English riding breeches - off the rack. And a pair of "field boots" - real leather riding boots with the laces at the ankle. They're so narrow in the calf, I can only dream of them now. Sigh....
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:33 PM   #11  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

I have to agree with pamatga about the men's jeans. I bought a pair about three years ago and they are the best fitting jeans I have ever owned. They are way too big now and my mom says I look like a thug when I wear them (I don't have a belt just yet. ), but they are comfy. I also have a couple pairs of men's overalls too. Same thing as the jeans though... Waaaaaaay too big right now. I have more fluffy ladies asking where I got my overalls and jeans. I was never partial to women's jeans and overalls because they were always too tight in the waist, even when I was a kid. I don't know about y'all, but I want a little more freedom in my pants.

As far as clothing goals, I had one. My boyfriend bought me a couple football jerseys for my fave team in January and I wanted to be able to wear them when this season rolled around, and daggnabbit, I have been wearing them like they are going out of style. I am still working on them getting even more loose and such right now.

~Story
TheStorySoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #12  

I want to be able to go into some funky boutique and know they'll have something in my size!!
luja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:34 PM   #13  
Saxophone Princess

S/C/G: 370+/370+/200

Height: 5'6

A nice corset, sleeveless shirts, knee high chunky boots. A skirt! (you can see my stomach.. apron? dunlap? flap? .... in skirts and dresses). Something cute and kind of funky. Not the grandma clothes I'm wearing now.

I bought a pair of jeans last week that fit. It's nice to be able to buy jeans off the rack at the plus sized store again. A couple of months ago, I was resigned to ordering stretch pants from the internet.

(Of course, at the rate I'm going, the jeans won't fit soon.. and not in a good way.. )

Last edited by eirlys; 11-11-2007 at 11:35 PM. Reason: clarification
eirlys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #14  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

Height: 5'6"

I miss wearing heeled shoes I find now that the look a bit funny under my big body and I dont feel as balanced walking in them. I would wear them all the time when I was under 250.
I would love a pair of knee high boots, I have yet to find a pair to fit my legs!

My major clothing goal is to just be able to buy clothes at a regular store and not feel segreated to the back of stores in the plus section. I want to be able to buy a wedding dress in a size 16 or below by next fall.
jasmine987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/199

Height: 5-8

Last spring we were thinking of moving so I packed all my old clothes I was saving in a box. I marked the box 22 because they were all size 22 and that's what I am looking forward too at this moment. It's just a small goal, but one that I've had for a long time.
Like you jasmine, I would love to go into a store and buy the regular size clothes and not the "plus" sizes. At my thinest, that I can remember, I wore a size 13 junior, I was 21. My dad said I was too thin. I don't think I will be that thin again, I'm 52 now, but it sure was nice to hear him say that!
RedHeadLongLegs is offline   Reply With Quote