Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:43 PM   #16  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

BATTLE - BRAAAAAAVVOOOOOOO!!! Huge Congrats on the FIVE-OH!!

DEBBIE - So glad to see that things are improving with DS! I hope as time goes on, things go even more smoothly and you get to see him.

RAT - My chiro definately did me some good. Ever since the first adjustment I've been able to reach down and put palms on the floor, which I haven't been able to do in YEARS. My lower back pain is pretty much gone, too. But I feel like they're way too hard sell there, and that they want me there far more often than necessary. It was financially killing me.

NANCY, you need a horse.

I keep surfing the kitchen and fridge. Nothing in there I want. It's all too healthy and I'm looking for sin. I'm settling for baking the one and only acorn squash I managed to grow in my garden... because I can put a little brown s***r on it (pardon my too-sweet talk.) It's a lesser evil than I would like, but that's a good thing.

XENA - you snuck in! Good luck on your test tomorrow!

Last edited by NoLifeWithoutHorses; 11-05-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hello Chicks (and Rooster too). Starting to have quite a chill in the air - and it's dark - UGH to both. I don't like coming home in the dark. Not much of a fan of the cold either.

Ammi - miss you - hope you're doing well. If well wishes could make you feel better you would be better faaaaaast.

Heather - I know what you mean about the dogs - we don't even set an alarm any more. And with the time change it means 4 a.m. instead of 5 a.m. I hope she adjust to the time change faster than I usually do.

Geekgirl - good luck with the Medifast - support is here for you!

Donna - what a nice little trip you must have had. I love Christmas but have to restrain myself from buying more and more. I think I was set up - I have a birthday near Christmas - with "Carol" for a name - always the Christmas carol. Good for you on a quiet holiday - I always think I would enjoy that but then when it comes to fruition I always want the big crowd.

Annie - laughing about the bass drum. Our tails can clear a coffee table quicker than anything. Any job new update from the weekend?

TFFU
- glad you are starting to feel better - as for the housework - take care of yourself first

Meta - WTG on the new BMI - same time I'm laughing about the stirrup pants.

Seems to be a lot of talk about ridding ourselves of big clothes - I've never thought about it before - I've just always held on to them. NOT ANYMORE - after reading the discussion I will immediately get rid of things that are too big. I wish there was some type of clothing exchange - although someone mentioned the local women's shelter - I have a lot of nice clothes that will need to be put to good use.

Valerie - you seem happy with the TOPS decision - I've heard good things.

Nancy - I'm thinking of doing a trial run at our local community center to get a feel for the appearance factor. Also to try some of the equipment - specifically a recumbent bike and elliptical to see if we want to buy for home. I also need to talk with our local hospital fitness center - they also offer personal training services. Apparently your landlord doesn't think your time has value - leaving you waiting for two days. Same for Jonathan.

RK - sounds like a good friend who took you back to Dress Barn. To think you bought them too big. I so agree with you about dealing with "issues" by getting involved in other things - only to have the issues rear their ugly head (even when you don't know that's what they are). I think I've buried them for so long I would know them if they hit me in the head. I try to uncover a little every day.

Debbie - made my heart warm to hear about the conversation with your son. Isn't it interesting how the animal connection did at least a little reconnection. We lost our 17 year old lab - the memory of her loss came back as I read about your Daisy. Thinking of you.

Battle - 50 pounds - YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWW.

Lots of great things happening for everyone here - it's exciting to be a part of it. Hope to be able to contibute with good weight loss news tomorrow.

Hugs everybody,
Carol
Old 11-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Debbie: Yay on fitting into the size 24s! I am looking forward to you reporting that you got rid of your big clothes. And then I am going to look forward to hearing of your shopping trip to the stores to buy your outfit. Don't be discouraged if you go to one store and they don't have a lot. I spent some time shopping over the weekend and found that different locations of the same stores carry wildly varying merchandise. Some had only a tiny plus size section, while others had larger ones.

I am happy to hear about your conversation with your son. Hopefully there will be more steps in the right direction soon.

Poor little doggie, I don't know what to say except here is a hug.

Heather: I was looking for the same boost as you to get going early for DST, but this year the hour has been swallowed up. Don't know why, but it's better than Spring Ahead any day!

Ratykitty: You are making me laugh. You are the accidental shopper! Funny how we work things sometimes. I used to wear clothes that were too snug because if I could shoehorn myself into them, it must mean that I fit into that size. Hehe I'm over that now, and am more likely to err on the side of too loose, like you.

Geek: good luck with your Medifast.

Donna: Good job on making better choices at Cracker Barrel. At a restaurant like that, it's hard to not overdo it.

I like your plan for Christmas. I like the Jewish Christmas: Chinese food and movies. This year I have parties on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so will not do the tradition. Do you also make latkes for Chanukah? I usually invite a group of people over for latkes.

TFFU, glad you're feeling better. Now let's get your knees going in the same direction.

Valerie: I think TOPS is a great idea. Support is so important, at least for me, and if you find a good group it will be wonderful.

Nancy: Interesting popcorn contraption. I'll keep it in mind. First I am going to try a plain brown bag with corn in the microwave. I read that you can make popcorn this way.

Sorry you had a crappy weekend. I wonder if there is a lesson in your disappointments?

I know what you mean about floundering around without direction. I find that I always need a big goal to be working toward, something that I find consuming. For several years it has been starting my business. Now I'm seeing that there is an opening for something else. Dating comes to mind and I may just be near ready to try that out.

Perhaps you are at the point in your life where there is now room for another consuming activity besides the weight loss, or moving from a stalled relationship, and are naturally feeling the space. This doesn't have to be a bad thing. But, it may take a while to figure out what to do next. In the meantime, you can fill your time with pleasant activities and try to enjoy the moment.

Meta: big congrats on moving past morbid obesity. Only we can understand what this means. I am so very happy for you. I'm 3 lbs. away from the same milestone and am looking forward to it.

Annie: Hi!

Catherine: Can't wait for you to have a break in your work. I love reading your posts.

Xena: Good luck on your test tomorrow!

Gggirls: I hope you have a good weigh in.

Last edited by BattleAx; 11-05-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #19  

just saying good night everybody... planning on doing some form of exercise tomorrow if all goes well and it better go well !
Old 11-05-2007, 10:31 PM   #20  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Annie-do not smear the pumpkin on your skin, it will stain. There are recipes for pumpkin bread. I have made pancakes with the canned stuff, not the pie filling, but the regular canned pumpkin. Sometimes, I just mix it with some cinnamon, fresh grated nutmeg, and some equal/splenda. It’s like the pie without the crust.

Ammi-Get well soon.

Debbie-I’m so glad you got to talk to your son.

Valerie-Step away from the pie.

Nancy-Finding your passion is hard, but worthwhile. Spending some time journaling never hurts.

Went to the funeral. He was 95 years old, and feisty and working until he hurt his ankle, and quickly went downhill. He had been my husband’s childhood pastor, so he was asked to read at the service. I got high on the incense. I don’t know why I have always had trouble with incense. It doesn’t make me sick or have asthma; it makes me light headed and goofy. We had to get there early, and I sat in the back reading a text book. It was so cold in there. It’s a big basilica, so takes awhile to heat up. Plus we didn’t get above zero today. I’m sitting with a heating pad trying to get my core temperature up. It is officially time to start wearing two pairs of pants again. He got a package from his mom. A really nice set of gloves and hat, wool with thinsulate, and they were supposed to be for him. She never actually sends stuff to me, but these had snowflakes on them, and were a men’s small. His head is so big, he can’t even wear a regular baseball hat, so I got to claim them. She actually sent him a sippy cup last year for Christmas. That got returned for store credit. I think she thinks he is about 8 years old.

So after that we went to the downtown library. He had a meeting, and I did school work. The number of homeless coming in to get warm saddened me. Half of them had their hard hats and work boots on top of their rolling duffels after working on a job site all day. They were waiting until it was late enough for the shelters to open. They figure we may have 6000 homeless here in the wealthiest province in one of the wealthiest nations on earth. About half are totally homeless, actually sleeping outside. I just don’t know how they survive when it gets to -20 or even -40 out. Something is very wrong with this picture. I just want to take them all home with me, but know I can’t.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:35 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

WOW there is alot going on here on the board.

Ammi....hope you get better soon!

We went to my grandfathers birthday party last night at a "our country buffett" BAD PLACE IF YOU ASK ME!! but all my realatives were there. I had one plate of food. 2 enchiladas...mashed potatoes..and a roll and pop UGH BUT no 2nds or 3rds or 4ths...and no desert!! I was so proud of me.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:54 PM   #22  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Oh Wow! so after all the damage i did in Louisiana, in 2 weeks i only gained 1 lb. i can live with that
Old 11-05-2007, 11:48 PM   #23  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Hi Everyone! Boy - It's been a long time since I popped in. Things have been going well. I'm continuing to lose weight (about 68 lbs now), but things are moving slower. I am still on 3 liquids a day, but I can also have one regular meal a day now (basically just meat and veggies). Helps break up the monotony (sp?). Things are finally slowing down at work and now it's time for clean up. I hate that kind of stuff. Really boring, but it's gotta be done. Hope everyone is doing well. Take care!

Lisa
Old 11-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!!

No work or school today...YAY!! (for Election Day) Too bad it's pouring out , but at least I have a day to do anything I want. I still haven't decided what I will be doing, but internet shopping is calling big time!!! But there will definately be the "removing" of the gray hairs going on without a doubt!!
I am very traumatized by the vet visit for Jack yesterday. He was there for a simple rabies shot that turned into a nightmare. The Vet first went through his skin and out the other side. Then the Tech had him down on the table and he wiggled and the Vet stuck himself with the needle. The 3rd time was the "charm"...but the scream that came out of this little 6lb baby was horrifying. Poor little guy. The scene kept replaying in my head all night long. This time I can't even blame Doug for keeping me up last night...he was working!!

Debbie: I am so happy about your call from David! But then again, so sad to hear about Daisy.

Battle: on 50lbs gone!!! You go Girl!! Yep, I do make Latkes and Matzo Ball soup for Channukah. As one of the only 2 Jewish families growing up (until I moved in high school) I always yearned for Christmas...careful what you wish for!!! So I married Doug and I got to do both. It is nice to have all the family...really stressful...but nice. It's just now that my neice has the baby and is in Virginia, my in-laws are going there. Doug has to work Chrismas Eve and I really don't want to be doing a 4/5 hr drive on Christmas Day. So turkey and sweatpants it is!!!

RK: Size 18!!! Um, I believe you were the one with the saggy-butt jeans just a week ago?? I too have a pair of RED
stirrup pants...what the heck am I saving them for?????????????

Patti: I am glad you are feeling better!

Carol: When I was younger I always thought that a person who has a birthday around Christmas time was sorta cheated on getting presents another time during the year. Of course as I got older, I realized it's not always about the presents!

Catherine: A SIPPY CUP?????? Please tell me that was a joke. Maybe she really meant the hat and gloves for you, that's why they had snowflakes?? Sounds like an interesting woman.
I too always wonder how the homeless can stay alive during the winter. But it really boggles the mind when you read the statistics, and how most don't want any help. So sad.

Lisa: Glad to see you posting!

Annie: How are the interviews going? I am sure someone will grab you up soon!

Xena: Good Luck on your test!

Have a Great Day!
Old 11-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Patti: I am glad that you are feeling better but so sorry about your knee. I hope you are back to health soon.

Meta: Wohoo girl. No longer Morbidly Obese! I am so happy for you.

Val:

Nancy:

Ratkitten: Size 16! Wow girl. Good for you.

Debbie: to you about Daisy. I am sooooo that David talked to you and told you he loves you.

Battle: Congrats on reaching 50 pounds gone FOREVER!

Xena: Good luck on the tests.

Carol: I have 2 interviews this week. One today and one Thursday. I am trying not to get too discouraged. Thaks for asking.

Catherine: 1st) I am so glad that I came on here and read not to put pumpkin on my skin before I went and sat in the tub this morning giving myself a pumpkin body mask. I seriously had that on my to do list for today before my job interview. LOL. 2nd) I am about the sippy cup and snowflake gloves and hat that your MIL sent to your DH. I hope I think about that a lot today so I can keep a smile going. Hugs to your poor DH about that. 3rd) My heart is aching about the homeless that you see daily. I am so far removed from them here in this city. I will add them to my prayers.

Cyn: Great job at the buffet! You should be proud for not overeating.

Luan: Sorry that you had a +1 but, it seems that you are not worried about it and therefore, me either.

Lisa: Back! Glad to see you. I'm happy that things are going so well for you and on loosing 68 pounds. How is your ankle doing?

Donna: Poor baby. Jack too. I hate it when my furbabies are in pain. I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I hope next time you go to the vet Jack won't be fearful.

Well, I'm off to start my day. I hope you are all doing well and having wonderful op days. I am sure missing Ammi, Sharon, Brandnewme, Lilion, Heather, John, All you gals that I didn't mention by name. I hope you are all doing wonderfully well.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 11-06-2007, 12:38 PM   #26  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

so i suppose i should write about this show i just did....

last friday i got to take an awesome trip. i was flown to Louisiana to do a pilot tv show called Big Dish with Jen Kober.

We got in Saturday and spent the day lounging around the house. Mom Stephanie and Grandma DeeDee made us an amazing dinner. Later that evening when Jen's sister Laura got home she got the grand idea to take us to the "frosty factory". let me just tell you that the first thing that is great about louisiana state law is that if the container is masking taped shut, its not an open container. drink up. so we got our drinks and hung out at the house. we stayed at the Microtel hotel in Lake Charles. an experiance in and of itsself. mirrored walls. nuffsaid

on Sunday we checked out of the hotel and moved to the Isle of Capri, which might have the most comfortable beds ive slept in. (dont be dirty). and other than the bright color scheme, was a pretty nice place. anywhere with a jacuzzi tub is alright by me. We shot the "slumber party" episode on saturday also. sadly, i am in this ep. i am not an actor, but i had fun just the same.

on Monday we went to LSU baton rouge for Jen to perform her standup. and altho the crowd size left a little to be desired, the show was awesome, and i hurt from laughter after. the mushroom story is ****ing awesome. this was also the evening i ate alligator for the first time.

on Tuesday we shot at Spains, which is the cutest specialty store i have ever seen. Stephanie (they only have 3 names in Louisiana - Stephanie, Kim, and Jennifer). this is where we met MaryLouise Butters (shes from Texas). check out buttersbrownies.com for AWESOME brownies. seriously. you will be hooked.

on Wednesday we shot at Jennifer (the neighbor)'s outdoor kitchen. we roasted a full pig. a cultural experiance to say the least. it was delicious tho. we also made Meat Cake. its totally not as gross as it sounds. We also opened up the 710 Downtown club. a very nice establishment, if you are ever in Lake Charles, i suggest you stop in. Tell Josh that Los Angeles says hello. it makes him laugh.

on thursday we wrapped up with some pickup shots and sent the rest of the crew on thier way. my flight left at 5 am on friday, and i was very sad to go.

the Kober family is definately one of the friendliest groups of people i have ever met. even the ones that have married in. all the friends and neighbors that came out to support Jen and the show were amazing. I never once felt homesick. in fact, i felt totally at home. If you ever get the chance to visit Lake Charles, make sure you visit Spains on W. College St., Make sure you have some Abita Beer and Alligator in Baton Rouge, and make sure you make a friend.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:49 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Thank you so much for the concern for my Daisy. She is still hangin' in there. We upped her meds and it seems to be helping her to where she can get up pretty well on her own. I'm still watching her to see if she's in any pain though, because I don't want her to suffer.

Thanks Ratkity, I hope it was an opening between him and I to talking in the future. But for now, I'm just going to leave him alone. We made the first move, it's up to him now.

Battle, Hurray on the BIG 50
Thanks on the info about shopping in the stores. I can use all the help I can get I did end up going and buying a pair of jeans in gray, a really pretty shirt with a tank under it, and a nightgown on Lane Bryant catalog. And I bought them all in 1x now!! That will probably be my last shopping trip online. The shirt and tank is for my husband's party. The shirt has pretty butterflies on it and I got it in bosenberry. The tank matches the color. I hope it will be nice enough. People don't really dress up that much except for the bosses. So I think it will be ok. And YES, the clothes will be gone on Friday for sure!!!

Xena, Daisy is still hangin' in there. Since we started giving her more of the doggie pills, she's been up on her own and moving around. So we're hoping she will be with us a while longer, but if it looks like she's suffering, I think we will have to put her to sleep.
How's it going on the studying for the STATS test? I hope you ace it!!!

Valerie, how was the squash??
I was looking at the website for TOPS and it has a link to tools, I went there and they have a 28 day calender menus. I think I'm going to print it out since I can't seem to figure out what to eat anymore. There were all kinds of interesting things there. I also might join to have a place with a reliable scale since mine jumps around so much. Thanks for the great idea!!

Carol, sorry that your sweet doggie isn't with you any more....just think of the good times that you had together. It's so hard to let go.

Catherine, that is so funny she sent him a sippy cup!!! It's just unbelievable.. It really is so hard to see so many homeless. It saddens me to know that we here in the US are so blessed, but our government don't help the poor as much as they should be helped. I don't see how they make it thru the winters especially up where you are...brrrrrr.....it gets that cold??? I'll take Washington weather any ol time!!

Cyn, good for you on not overdoing at the buffet!

Luan, I would say that's great!!!!

Hi Lisa, long time no see! Congrats on the 68lbs!!!

Donna, oooo our puppies are just like our babies!!! I remember when DS was little and having to get him a shot...I feel the same way about our animals. I can tell you feel the same way. Just know it's in their best interest that these things have to be done...doesn't make it any easier but what else can we do?

Annie, good luck on your interviews!!! Don't these people know what their missing when they don't give you the job? Sheesh!!!!

Hi Donna, Heather, Nancy, John, Ammi, and to all the others. Miss you!

I plan on going outside today and walking around our loop of a road. 10 times around and it equals 1.5 miles. Today is the last day of sun for awhile so I thought I would get out there and get some fresh air...even though it's only 39. It will be a brisk walk ..hee hee...get it...brisk...39 degrees...ha!
Have a good one
Debbie
Old 11-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #28  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Hi all! Thanks for the hugs and encouragement and kudos and all that for me making it out of morbid obesity. Means a lot to me.

Nancy - What a crappy weekend! That kind of thing can set a pall over things well past the offending days, so be kind to yourself. I am *terrible* for leaping to thoughts about the shape and size of my body when contemplating the reasons I have been treated disrespectfully. It's a lousy mindset, because I end up taking on responsibility for the failings of others in a very psychologically painful way. I wish I could ditch it, but it's pretty entrenched. All this to say that I'm sorry you were treated disrespectfully, and you didn't deserve it. Hope you'll find a way to set your boundaries with these folks in a way that doesn't leave you feeling drained and askew, and that it doesn't happen again.

Also, I think you're wise to focus on purpose and contentment in other aspects of your life other than weight loss. While we might know intellectually that weight loss is not the magic bullet for everything, I think we can tend to neglect focus and development in other areas, setting ourselves up for disappointment and more work down the road. I hope you'll find something you can get excited about soon.

Rat - Based on previous evidence, I'm shocked - SHOCKED! that you might have purchased pants too big for your own a$$. Not so much really. Kidding aside, it's FANTASTIC that you've fit into 16s! Way to go, and I bet you look great.

Battle - A big YAY! on 50 pounds lost. That is a fantastic milestone, and I venture to guess a huge difference on a woman of your height. Are people commenting yet? Congrats, and will look forward to celebrating your non-morbid obesity very soon.

Carol - Yes, yes, yes! Give away the big clothes! You don't need them, and if giving them away contributes even a bit to not ever needing them again then I say you're worth the gamble.

Catherine - All I know about the homeless sitation in Edmonton is what I read in the Globe and Mail, but it's truly disheartening. My understanding is that in addition to all the 'regular' homelessness (mental illness, addiction etc.) there are working individuals, spouses and families who simply cannot afford housing costs in a market that has literally exploded with the oilsands boom, and one that simply has not been able to catch up to demand. That working families should need to seek public shelter is truly sad, and an indicator that sometimes the almighty market cannot be left the arbitor of everything. I live in a city with one of the lowest vacancy rates in Canada at 1.1% in 2006, but my sense is that people here of sound mind and body are underhoused (and overpaying) as opposed to homeless. Anyway, homeless breaks my heart and I hate that any people are forgotten by most for whatever reason.

Xena - Hope your test went well. Thanks for my dancing carrot!

Lisa - Nice to hear from you! Great to see you're still losing. 68 pounds is a great accomplishment.

Donna & Debbie - So sorry to hear of your pets suffering. Hugs to you, and to them. Keep us posted.

I just came back from making myself go for a 20 minute walk in a COLD, WET, wildly WINDY mess with a DRESS on. It's rained for a day and a half straight, and for a few minutes this morning some of that rain turned into the first flakes I've seen this season. We probably won't have permanent snow until December (well into January last year, weirdly) but it's still a passage of sorts.

Everybody have a great day.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Meta: No one has said a word about my weight loss. I thought for sure my hair stylist would say something this past weekend, as I haven't been there in several months. I've noticed that the fat on the back of my neck (ew) has reduced significantly, and she'd probably notice at least a difference in my neck. Not a word.

I suspect that the comments may start coming after I begin wearing my new size 22 clothes. To my eye, I look a lot smaller in them. They should fit nicely very soon. I'm not hazarding any guesses as to when, because my guess about when I'd fit into size 24 was way off.

All I can say is that I am glad I am here and read of members' experiences with losing large amounts of weight without others noticing. It helped me know what to expect and to put it into perspective (on most days). It's still hard to wrap my brain around the idea that 50 lbs. is barely noticeable.

Good job on exercising in adverse conditions in a dress. If that's not commitment, I don't know what is.

Last edited by BattleAx; 11-06-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:43 PM   #30  

Hiya Peeps!

I'm still reeling about wearing new sized pants. I know all you folks understand. It's a milestone when you reach a number you haven't seen in years.

More good news is that I got an award at work for some stuff I did on an interagency team. I'm happy to have been recognized. There was veggie trays, fruit trays and cookies and cupcakes. I ate about 10 points worth of stuff, but stayed well within my daily points. I even saved some grapes for later! Fruit and veggies are hard for me to eat on a regular basis. I don't dislike fruit like I do veggies. I just forget to eat it and it goes bad so fast.

Val, wow, your chiroDoc did good stuff for you. I got some relief, but not a lot. I had been cruising the frig yesterday. It's TOM's fault! hehe. When I don't feel good, I know I want comfort stuff. I made some SF FF hot choc and that helped (along with midol.. hehe)

GGG, I swear, I'm like a big bear. I just wanna hibernate when it gets dark out. I even feel like growling a lot! hehe. I once had bear feet claw slippers as a teenager and my parents would make comments like "here comes The Bear". I need to go look for another pair.

Battle, omgosh!! The big Five-Oh (minus poundage, that is.. hehe)! I am so happy for you! I feel giddy for each milestone that everyone hits.. just like it's one of my own! It's still hard to wrap my brain around the concept of losing 50lbs. Just the 30 I've lost since Feb is difficult, but then I bring in a 30lb bag of dog food in the house, I get to think to myself "wow, I have taken that much weight off of me". That puts it all into perspective.

TTFU, did you exercise today? I'm glad you are feeling better.

Catherine, what a crazy MIL that you have! Odd gifts too. I'm sorry that your husband's childhood pastor passed away. Ya know, that incense stuff gives me a major headache. Just the stuff at the Catholic churches, not the stuff I use at home.. hrm.. a sign? hehe.. jk. The homeless here in DC are an interesting bunch. Many refuse any help, but they have advocates (whether the homeless like it or not) that drive around on very cold nights to make sure they have enough blankets or something warm to drink and eat.

Cyn, oh, I know the Country Buffet place. Very hard not to over-do it there. Good deal on moderation!

Luan, wow, from the cool things you described that you did in LA, only 1 lb gain is nada! The shoots and stuff you wrote about sounded so neat!

Lisa, I've missed you. I'm glad to know you are doing fabulous!

Donna, size 16! w00h00.. I can't believe it. I haven't seen a size 16 in over 17 years. I'm so sorry about Jack and his tramatic visit. I'm sure he got lotsa treats and hugs and kisses from you after you got him home.

Annie, are you still feeling tired or is your energy coming back? Keep up the great work! *hugs*

Debbie, I'm glad to hear about Daisy. It's hard to watch our furbabies get old. I hope you had a great "brisk" walk!

Meta, you are rockin' girl! Out of Morbid Obesity w00h00! hehehe about your shocked expression for me buying too big pants. I'm still on cloud 9 for getting into a size I haven't seen in decades. I hope you got warmed up quickly after your 20 min walk outside.. in a dress no less! burrrrrrrrr.

Hugs to Nancy and Heather and Ammi, and all the folks that lurk!

Luv,
Ratkity
Closed Thread