Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #16  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Started my new job today - much to the surprise of my new boss. She knew I was coming, but nobody had told her when. I think I love it. I've packed lunches in advance, and am staying on track really well. I couldn't go right home after work due to an appointment, and I had very little time to find something to eat. I had to find dinner at the WalGreen's drugstore. I had a 60 calorie Lite&Fit smoothie and 180 calorie protein bar. Not bad given that I could have hit McD's for a nice little 10,000 calorie artery clogging, sodium socked, grease burger.

I have to go. Simon has a talent for letting me know when he's mad and wants attention by getting in under the bathroom sink cabinet, destroying you-know-what supplies and decorating the livingroom with them. He only does it when he's mad becaues I'm neglecting him. I know - who's training who? He's such a rude little dog. I do adore him.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #17  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

so my first week back to WW and definately NOT OP, but i still lost 3.8. YAY!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:33 PM   #18  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Hey you guys!

My date was absolutely perfect... we had a GREAT connection and had a fantastic time and I broke the rule of not going over to his place, but I'm so glad I did... I ended up sleeping on the couch (nothing happened... so don't think anything like that ) because I was beat after dinner and didn't feel like driving home, but then I skipped class today (so did he) and we hung out all day and talked and cuddled and thumb wrestled. Seriously, the best date I've ever had with anyone. I'm seeing him again this weekend... he asked me out on a second date before the first one was over! He paid for everything, and this morning when he ran out to buy me some deodorant so I could shower and everything, he came back not only with the deodorant, but with a bouquet of roses! I could go on forever about the amazing time I had, but I'll spare you all of the details. Oh, and we played Scrabble and he wiped the floor with me, but he even said that it was all luck for him because he drew all of the high scoring letters (Z, Q, J, K)... haha. I hope I can come down from Cloud 9 in time for me to go to school tomorrow and pay attention.

Thanks for letting me gush like a school girl!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:45 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

Did ok today, not great, but ok. No parties lol.

Ammi: good job! You're off to a great start for the week.

Heather: I was doing a lot of reading in the maintainer's forum and the research about the formerly obese maintainers having to eat 15-20% fewer calories. That and your posts continue to drive home that we always, always have to manage our weight.

I do a lot of the same planning for parties and events that you do...and manage fairly well except for once a week. Maybe I will rearrange my calorie intake even more to save additional calories for when I want to indulge more. Just have to be careful not to let myself get too hungry. Thanks for posting about how you manage eating with a lot of food events.

Annie: Glad you had a nice visit and weekend. My, you cooked all that food! mmmm

Xena: You're talking too much sense, chickie! You are right, we have to figure out how to deal with all the curve balls and parties and everything else. It's always something. No more beating myself up or all-or-nothing thinking for me!

Lit Chick: good job on not going overboard with eating. If you can not overdo it on birthday cake, you are doing well!

I've made some major mistakes with keys. The other week I threw my keys down the garbage chute in my building, along with my garbage. I had to dig through a dumpster to retrieve them.

Valerie: You have a lot to be proud of! Look at you, eating beautifully and starting your new job. I wish you much success in your job.

Luan: congrats on the loss

Lindsey: go ahead and blush like the schoolgirl you are! I'm happy that the date went well and that you are floating on cloud 9. Question: how do you describe your weight/body type on the dating sites?

Good night and have a great Tuesday.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:12 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Catherine: I hope you see this before you leave for your trip. Have a happy, fun and RELAXING time. Hugs.

Xena: It was pretty easy to do all the food. I have been "not eating" for so long now that it isn't hard anymore. Except for the fresh tomatoes, lemon cucumbers and grapes that my Dad sent up with my Uncle for me. lol. Now, that's hard. I hope you don't stress too much over the tests. I'm sure you will do wonderful. Hugs.

Leslie: Hugs to you and hope your headache goes away real soon.

Val: I hope you enjoyed your new job! Give Simon a squeeze for me, no, not around the neck either. lol. Good job on eating right at your "Walgreen's" dinner.

Luan: Yipee for another -3.8 way to go.

Lindsey: So glad for you that you seem to have found such a wonderful guy. Hugs.

Battle: Good that your day got a bit better. Hang in there sweetie.

Heather: Hi.

Well, I SWAM today! I am so excited. After being gone from swimming for 5 weeks, I was only able to swim for 22 minutes straight instead of the normal 30. I was proud of myself though for listening to my body when I was tuckered out. Tomorrow morning is my first torture session. I mean, weight lifting session with the personal trainer. Good thing it is already paid for or I may just find an excuse not to go. As if my flappy arm skin isn't enough reason to run to the weight lifting thing. lol.

Hope you are all doing well.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 09-25-2007, 02:40 AM   #21  
banned

i lied, i meant 4.2
Old 09-25-2007, 04:15 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

SH*T!!!! just did a long post & LOST IT!!!!GRRRRR
I GAINED a load of weight back, have to alter my ticker UP, back on liquids again, wish me luck, or success!!!
Battleaxe, you are doing FAB, especially considering your lifestyle! WTG!!!!xxxxx
Xena, good luck with your college work, as ig you need it!!xxxxx
Annie, your cooking sounds great! (though I don't know very much about Mexican foods) When can you start to eat 'real' foods? Maybe then someone can bring you some of your dad's veggies up!xxxxxx
Catherine, I LOVE shop's sales! We have 'car-boots' here, loads of people selling all kinds of stuff, some rubbish, some excellent bargains. So big feet have their good points then? lol!xxxxx
Valerie, hope work continues to be fun, nothing better than LOOKING FORWARD to work!!!xxxxxx
Lindsey, woohoo!! I'm so glad everything worked out, you have to trust your instincts sometimes & your 'date' sounds like a total dream, I hope things carry on the same way, though don't skip TOO much school, lol!
xxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 09-25-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:58 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

BattleAx -- I'm glad to hear you read over on maintainer's forum. I was going to suggest it as you can learn SO MUCH from people who successfully keep the weight off (and see their struggles!) Keep working to find what works for YOU!!

Annie -- Oh, I hope you enjoy the weight training!!!!

Sharon -- good luck! This is ongoing and you went up and now it's time to go down again!!!

Val -- Always good to hear from you!

Lindsey! Sounds like fun!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:07 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a good weekend! Just a quick one...see following explanation...

For the third time now, while doing yardwork, one of the men in the family has hit a rock with the weed-wacker and popped a window on our mini-van. You would think that my DH would have learned by now !!!
So, we are now down to 1 car, and are waiting for the glass company to show up and fix the window, which will be paid by us because there is no way I can submit it to insurance...I fear they will drop us. So 3 times a charm, and now all cars will be moved when it's lawn cutting time.
We have certainly had car bad luck this year. I have visor-angels in all of them, but I think they are sleeping!!!

Food wise, I have been good until the evening. Then I lose my willpower.
Oh and guess who decided to come back and visit today...TOM!!! I haven't seen him since June, and not that I have missed him, but I was wondering if he was staying away for good. Unfortunately, no. Maybe that is why I have felt I needed to eat so badly.

My is banging, and I need to wait for the glass guy, so I will try to BBL!

Have a Great Day!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

OK so I made it through day one, and now I am on day two, and so far so good. I am aching so much from exercising yesterday that I decided to give it a miss today. I think a certain amount of pushing is good for me, but when I make myself exercise when everything hurts, well it just makes me resentful of it all. That’s one thing that I’ve learned recently. So I will exercise as and when I can and on those days I will really make the most of it, and I’ll be enjoying it.

Meta - don’t you just love the time zone thing. I like to mess around when I am talking to US pals on IM and say that as I am in the future I can predict it Well you know what they say, small things please small minds

Thank you for your wishing me a good OP week. I do believe I AM going to have one

I know you asked Heather the question about gaining and if she knows why she did. I just thought I’d like to answer with regards to me. I have been on WW long enough now to pretty much know the size of meals I should be having. I know that I can go a week without actually counting points, keep up some regular exercise and I won’t have a gain. My problem is that I still have that stupid dieters mentality of having to pig out as soon as I don’t consider myself as being ‘good’ and OP. I can easily put on 7 - 10 lbs in one week because I really eat anything and everything I want and I don’t exercise either. Now if only I can teach myself that not being OP does not equal being a glutton I might have some joy at maintaining on those occasions when counting points and constantly watching what I eat gets to me. that I will achieve that sooner rather than later.

Heather - you have far more control over your ‘fat chick’ than I do over mine. Any tips on how to make her really take a back seat and stay there??

BattleAx - do you follow the WW diet? I was just wondering if you could use all your flex points on one of those occasions when you just don’t want to say no to the lovely food and drink on offer at these events you go to. Or maybe you could save points/calories daily to help make up for it, and when you can, increase your exercise. Both of those things could help limit any weight gain you might have. When you do partake in all the lovely things on offer, do you take everything in moderation, or do you really go for it? I only ask because we all know that us ‘big’ gals have always got to watch what we eat, whereas there are always slim girls at these events who I am sure are tucking in as well. What’s their secret to not gaining weight.? Is it that they just have a little nibble of everything, a little sip of each wine etc, are they going to go home after and have a really good work out. If only we knew skinny girl secrets

I don’t know about you but if I have to go to a social event, or if Christmas is here, or even if it’s a normal day but I take the family out for lunch, I KNOW I would get very resentful of dieting and that’s a key time for when my diet goes out the window. So like with my new thoughts on exercising, I have decided that if I want to have treats I will have them. Being resentful won’t help me in the long run. Boy I waffle on don’t I, lol, when all I am trying to say is have your treats in moderation, do what you can to limit any damage that treat session will cause, and just don’t get resentful

Vicki - thanks so much for your message to me on MySpace I really appreciated it, and will send you a message back soon. I really want to comment on what you said.

Annie - I am so glad you got to swim again and that you really enjoyed it, and more importantly that you had the sense to know when to stop. Your doctor must love you, you are such a good patient. I still reckon he will be using you as the ‘perfect’ example of a woman who’s turned her life around since having WLS.

Do you get a thrill every time you look at those numbers on your ticker? I know I look at that starting number in the 500s, to the one now, nearly 150 lbs lower!! It brings a lump to my throat because I am so happy for you that you are heading forward to being slim and healthy and are doing such a great job at it. Keep it up my friend, I am so proud of you

Catherine - I hope you have a lovely trip, I look forward to hearing how it all goes.

You are another lady, like Annie, who I am so happy for when I see your ticker. The weight you have lost is amazing, would you ever consider WLS to help you along for the rest of your weight loss journey?

Deb - it’s good to feel positive again. When I diet I feel so good about myself for the most part because I am doing something good in my life, something that will allow me the freedom to shop where I want, goon all the rides I want etc. When I am not dieting, although I will admit to enjoying eating all I want, in the back of my mind I do feel slack for giving up on myself, even though I know it’s only temporarily. It certainly doesn’t help with my depression! So yes, I am feeling positive again and I hope I keep this feeling for a long while to come.

Good luck with your exams this week, I am glad you aren’t worried about them, I wish when I used to do exams I had felt as confident

Lesley - Good for you for not indulging too much on your hubby’s birthday, who can say no to cake though! I know I can’t. It doesn’t help in November that hubby and my SD have birthdays one after the other. Normally I buy or make one cake, but this year it’s hubby’s 40th and SD’s 16th so they both deserve a special cake. Oh the calories

I hope your scale battery isn’t running out, I mean when it’s a life time battery surely that should mean a life time? Personally, even though they can detect smaller losses and gains, I don’t like digital scales. I much prefer the old dial type so that when you get on you can see what you weigh now and then look at the amount you have lost. I’m about a quarter away around the face of my scale from where I first started and seeing that at each WI even if I’ve had a gain that week still thrills me.

Val - did you get the bank job? I see that you started your new job, but I’m not sure if the bank was the only job interview you’ve had recently? Well whichever one it is, you love it there, so I am really happy for you. Good on you for making meals to take so that you don’t get tempted to eat what you shouldn’t. An extra big for you too for not choosing McDonald’s but for going for the healthier option after work from the drugstore.

Luan - on a great first week weight loss. If that was not being 100% OP then just imagine how great your next WI will be if you do stay 100%

Lindsey - from BattleAx‘s post I am guessing you met your new guy online, is that right? How long did you guys email for or chat on IM before you decided to meet for real? I know you must have written about it on here, but I must have missed the post. I am really glad you had such a great first date with him, and love how he bought you roses when he went out to buy you some toiletries. He sounds a real sweet heart and I can’t wait to hear how your second date goes. I met my hubby on a dating site, we chatted on IM and the phone for 3 weeks, met in person, and he moved in with me 3 weeks later! We got married in the November of the same year, and it will be 5 years this November that we’ve been happily married. I’ll always give a big thumbs up to people who want my opinion on internet dating

Sharon - great to see you posting again though I am sorry you lost such a long post. Remember what I told you you have to write what you want in Word, and then copy and paste it. That way you won’t lose your post if the server dies or whatever I learned that the hard way

Donna - oh yes I would definitely say that TOM visiting for the first time since June is the reason you’ve been wanting to eat and eat. He’s been away so long he’s wanting a party!! I hope when he goes that you find it easier to stay OP

Sorry about the window on the van getting smashed. Those weed whackers must really be powerful to fling rocks at that kind of velocity! I’m glad that hubby has finally realised that before any gardening work gets done it’s best to move the vehicles way out of the way

Time to go get some emails written now. Take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #26  

G'morning all!

Time to catch up with my peeps here.

Ammi, yay for elevated moods! I would have quit SOOOO long ago if I didn't have the support of you ladies. Matter of fact, a year after I lost 70 lbs (2005), I gained 20 back because I didn't have this support system. It's so hard for me to ask for help when I need it. Ever since I can remember, I've done everything by myself.. I'm stubborn and independent!! But I can't do this journey alone.

Heather, your posts remind me that this is a lifestyle change and I need to make changes I can live with for the next 40-odd years I potentially have left.

Battle, If you are still losing weight despite one party indulgence day, aren't you doing okay in the long run? I know this is an attitude change towards food, but instead of mindlessly munching, picking out the best foods/wine to try is still OP in my warped mind. I think Meta said it best.. "there's a difference between indulging in rich, sumptuous food and overindulging in rich, sumptuous food" Eep about throwing your keys down the garbage chute and dumpster diving!

Meta, I totally enjoy your thoughtful posts and many times we are on the same wavelength.

Annie, yay for swimming!!! Wow, a trainer now too. You are going to be SO buff! Don't forget to get picts. I find progress picts so inspiring.

Catherine, I'm not sure if you'll see this before your trip. I am sending thoughts to you for a safe and pleasant journey. I expect a full report of the cool things you see and do!

Xena, good luck on your tests!!

LitChick, omgosh, I hear you about that silly cake. It calls my name, especially during TOM days. I have no idea about scale batteries. Ugh, so sorry about locking your keys away!!! I hate that feeling as you hear the click of the door and realize in that one instant you don't have your keys with you. I've done it before (more than once).

Valerie, I am excited to hear about how your horsie is doing! Excellent job at packing your lunches for your new job. You also made so fabbo food choices instead of going to MickeyD's too. Great NSVs!

Luan! there you are! I've missed your posts. Congrats on your weight loss with your return to WW!! That's the plan I am currently following.

Lindsey, wtg on the date! Wow, it sounds like you both had a FABULOUS time. So sweet about the roses too. Gush away! I live vicariously through other people.. hehe.

Hiya VoodooSharon! Sorry you lost your post. I tend to not write in the space provided and do most of my long posts on notepad. Those forum gremlins love to eat long thoughtful posts!

Wow Mama.. 3 windows??!?! Those must be some heavy duty weed eaters! I just had my windshield replaced on my Rav4. A rock hit below the wipers and caused a foot long crack in 5 min! I would say "only my luck", but it sounds like your luck is similar.

BigJohn, you get APs for the rudolf dancing! hehe.

As for me, I stayed OP and made mostly good choices. I wasted some points on some chocolate. I am trying to be more aware of when I am getting those cravings (what I'm feeling, etc). I thought I had done these exercises before, but it seems I have changed a bit... I tend to want comfort food when I'm tired. Wanna know why I'm tired? I have been congested and haven't worn my cpap (sleep apnea machine) in 2 days, so I'm over-tired. Tonight, I am going to take some allergy medicine and slap on that mask!

Hugs and Luv to all you wonderful peeps!

Ratkity
Old 09-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Ammi, I am so sure you are going to lose more weight and fit into those darned rides, that I would bank my life on it!! You just needed a rest, and now you're committed to do this, for you and your family. You go girl!!

Heather, As far as you've come in your weight loss journey, I'm sure you will do just that...nip it in the bud. You're an inspiration.

Battleax, it seems that even though you go to these events, and get to indulge in all those delicious and yummy things, that you are still losing weight. So you must be doing something right. And even if you can't afford the things that you are trying, who cares? It just makes it all the more inviting because you want to try new and exciting things, and you don't even have to pay for them. I say have fun, just eat bits and pieces of each thing and take it into account on whatever diet plan you're using.

Meta, I agree with you...there is that little devil of a over indulgent girl living in me too and I have to learn how to control her emotions and eating habits. Heck, it's like living with an alter ego almost.

Annie, I'm coming to your house!! I think I looooovee everything you made for your family. I don't see how you did it. You're amazing!! I wish I could find a place to go swimming. I love to swim. I'm so glad you have that opportunity. Annie, I think you are going to love weight training. I know I did. Just to feel yourself getting stronger everyday is such a reward. Just enjoy it.

Catherine, great news on the deal you got on the boots!

Xena, good luck on your tests!!

Heather, those were excellent points to live by. I think I'm going to write them down and put them on the fridge...if you don't mind.

Lesley, don't ya just hate it when you go and do something like that right before work. Well, I'm glad you had someone to come and rescue you. Hope the rest of your day went well. Sounds like you got alot of nice leg work done while weeding. I have to get down on all fours because of my back. I end up hurting all over.

Valerie, your Simon sounds like a couple of pooches I know who live here. LOL. I'm so happy for you and your new job. I hope you really enjoy it. You're staying OP and making great choices...keep it up!

Luan, on the great WL!!

Lindsay, It sounds like you just had a wonderful time with this guy. I guess if you felt that comfortable with him, there was no harm in going to his place and it sounded like he was the perfect gentleman. Have fun and enjoy every minute of it!!!

Voodoo, don't ya just hate that when you lose a long post. I've been typing mine on wordpad and then copy and paste it here. Seems to work out better that way. Sorry to hear the scales went up. They will come back down soon though...I have faith in ya!

Donna, my goodness!! You certainly are having a bad time with your cars. Wake those little angels up!!! Yep, TOM will make you do things that you don't want to. I was hoping "he" went away too, but it seems he catches up with me every couple of months and then wants to hang around for a couple weeks. When will it end???? Lol. I usually lose my will power at night too so heres some for you!!

Ratkity, I don't see any harm in having some chocolate once in a while. Sometimes we just have to have that little something sweet. What the heck are you doing to yourself? Get that machine on at night and start to feeling better!!

For some strange reason, my magnolia tree is blooming again. I didn't think they bloomed twice a year but we are getting tons of blooms on it. We still have our little bitty frogs jumping around too, it certainly has been a weird year here weather wise.
I got one of our little animal banks done last night. I just need to put the glass part on it...one down, 15 to go!! And yes NoLife, we do have a horse, although it is a rocking horse This morning I weighed...I was 309,311,313. So heck, I don't know which one to go by. If you stand at different points on the scale, you get different readings. The 309 is where I normally stand, but I don't know what reading to take. Sometimes I wish I had the regular dial scale and then I would get a better reading but those are hard to find anymore. Off to go eat my breakfast and then make more banks...I hate sanding!!
To those of you struggling, just hang in there, and for those of you staying OP, keep it up!!!
Debbie
Old 09-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Luan: Even better weight loss!

Sharon: Good luck on the liquids. Hang tough. I know if I can stick to it for 5 months you can do it for sure! I can eat more and more each week. This week I can add soft cooked eggs. They just don't sound very good right now. lol. I think the veggies are about gone for the summer. Maybe when my Dad comes in October he will bring some final ones.

Heather: My muscles are so shakey. lol.

Donna: Sorry about your van. Yep, time to move the cars before they do yard work for sure.

Ammi: Sorry you are hurting from exercise. Good that you don't over do it sweetie. My ticker amazes me some days but other days I focus on the wrong end of it, the part that shows how far I have to go. That is kind of depressings. I try to stay positive though.

Ratkitten: Ya, my hubby takes pics of me constantly so I will have bunches in my weight loss scrap book along with my measurments, weights, thoughts at the time etc. I hope I look buff. I think I will have lots of saggy skin though but I am expecting it. Sorry you have been so congested. I hope it clears up soon so you can use your CPAP again.

Debbie: You are welcome any old day. I can't wait to see the banks. I bet they are cute as a button.

Well, My muscles feel like jello today from the personal trainer. They are affiliated with the Bariatric surgical center that I had my surgery at. My personal trainer told me that she is really excited about having me as a client because I do whatever she says without complaint. It was a nice compliment and it made me want to work harder. It sure is hard work. They are natalus machines not like normal weight lifting things. You have to do everything super slow and your muscles sure know it. lol. I don't know if I will make it to the pool today. I am exhausted. Hopefully I can pull it together, maybe after a nap.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 09-25-2007, 03:16 PM   #29  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I am still around - I have just been really busy. I seem to have finally pulled myself out of my funk (thanks everyone for your kind words), but I am now totally stressed out with my company’s office move. A number of things have gone wrong, but luckily all of them so far have been fixable. I keep waiting for something bad to happen that can’t be fixed in time. Ugh. I just can’t wait until this is all over. Plus I have so much to do in the next few days I probably won’t make it to the gym at all this week and therefore I won’t be able to make my goal for the month. There isn’t much I can do though, as what needs to get done needs to get done and I have a hard deadline to be finished.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:04 PM   #30  
banned

mamaB - why would they drop you over a broken window? thats what they are there for. i used to work in insurance. if its not your fault its not your fault.
Closed Thread