Old 09-11-2007, 12:14 PM   #1  

Smile New here :)

Hello everyone! Wow! This looks like a great group of people!

A bit about me....

I'm 35, my online name is a bit of a falsehood. I dont really want to be skinny by 36..I want to be buff and bulked up. I'm actually striving towards bodybuilding [maybe competition] and not necessarily just being thin. I want muscles. Love 'em!

I joined a gym, going today for the 1st time. Really excited about that. My views on exercise and diet have changed so much -- I now see them as a tool to working towards my goal - just as important as the weights.

Oh...and my name's Simone, and I'm Canadian - I live in Toronto.
SkinnyBy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:28 PM   #2  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Welcome to the group, bodybuilding? that should keep you rather busy for the rest of your life lol. i'll probably take that road when i get old to run around playing rugby. but i have atleast 10 years left of that.

Great to see you any question people are very interested in helping also if you have alot of weight to lose i'd suggest checking out the 100lb club for great support and people and also farther down the board the ladies who life and exercise board with two really helpful and insight ladies called meg and mel
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi Simone,
Welcome, welcome, welcome!! We ARE a bunch of great gals and here to give you support in your weight loss journey.
Feel free to post anytime you want.
Good luck at the gym. Enjoy the "me" time that you will have while starting a new life.

Debbie
Debbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Hi Simone - Welcome to 3FC! I love weight lifting as well, although I can't imagine wanting to compete myself. It is great to have fitness goals that aren't tied to a number on a scale. One of my favorite sites is http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/index.php

I lived in Toronto for a few years - what a great city!
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I love weight lifting too (though I'm not into competition). Definitely also check out "Ladies Who Lift!"
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:18 AM   #6  

Since I noticed that my strength is increasing, I'm excited about building muscles too. Do you follow the "lift til failure" method, in which you lift weight until you muscle simply can't do any more? Is that really effective?
breakfreein is offline   Reply With Quote