Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #61  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hi all. things have been SO crazy!!! finally finished up working on the biggest loser. we are still casting, they just dont have the budget for my department anymore - anyone whos been an assistant knows that... lol

i did go to the doctor today. i dont usually count weigh ins that arent on the official scale, but its such good news, i kinda have to. im down to 288. which means since my last weigh in on the 15th ive lost 7 more pounds. its been a long time since ive been in the 280's. i updated my ticker, hopefully i will be able to make it lower again when i officially weigh in on the 17th!

Battle - i totally know how you feel about the underware. i had to trash a bunch, and buy a bunch of new bras because im down a band size, and in the smallest underware that lane bryant sells (well almost. im in the 14/16 and they do go to 12) but it was an awesome feeling. i bought myself like 500.00 in new clothes because my birthday was tuesday, and it was great to buy smaller underware, even if some stores sizes run small, and i had to buy larger pants. i got a lot of compliments when i went out on saturday night for my bday. it was pretty cool

Last edited by princesspuffypants; 09-06-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #62  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

morning all
I'm happy to report the scales we nice to me today. I was down 4.5lbs this week. Its about time! *L*

Battle~ Congrats... its a great feeling!

Luan~ Happy belated Birthday!!!!! and on your weigh in at the Dr.'s. I love shopping for new clothes... that could be the reason I have 4 jobs *L* Otherwise we would be SO broke!!!!

Ammi~ HI!!!

gotta run for now... B
Old 09-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #63  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Had weigh-in this a.m. - I'm ecstatic! 11.5 down.

I have an semi-emergency appointment at the vet - collie-mix dog Max has been throwing up & diarhea for a couple days. Poor baby!!

BATTLE - great to see you breaking that "00"!!!!
ANNIE - <hugs!>

EVERYBODY - I can't catch up right now, but I'm cheering for all of you. Have a great, healthy day, and give yourself a gift today - of extra steps, or whatever will make your life richer... but not wider.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #64  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Val~~ WHOOOPWHOOOOP!!!! That's AMAZING!
Old 09-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #65  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

So many great weigh-ins! Congrats all....
Old 09-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Val, on such a BIG weight loss!!! I hope your dog is ok and give him a big treat when he can keep it in and down.

GoingToLose, A BIG for you too!!! Wonderful on the weight loss.

Luan, Happy belated birthday!!! I'm glad you got to go out for your birthday and looking so good!! That in itself is a great NSV.

Rat, o you sound like you are just having such a hard time. I hope things get better for you. Just keep giving those animal hugs, they seem to know when we're down in the dumps.

Ammi, I just got the walk and jog DVD. I haven't tried it yet but like you, I don't like feeling my fat jiggling all over the place. I think that one is beyond me right now. I'm just a newbie to the exercise.

Vicki, I hope your surgery went well. I'm so happy for you to get all that excess skin off. I'm still contemplating getting it done when I lose all my weight. I just hate being cut into and the pain after. I know you will look amazing after it heals!

Angie, on exercising everyday and staying OP for the most part. Doesn't it feel wonderful to make that commitment and really feel it? Glad to hear your hubby got a temp job. That helps out alot. I'm still keeping my fingers that you don't get laid off.

Hi Nancy, John, Heather, Battle, Annie, CatherineYou're all in my thoughts...gee..hope I didn't miss anyone.

I haven't lost a single ounce. The scale is set at 313.5 I think I have to come to the realization that I've hit a plateau. I'm still totally OP and doing exercise so I don't know what gives. I'll just stick with it and wait and see.
We are having someone come out to the property this weekend to see about getting some of our land cleared. We have 100's of trees in back of us and we just want to keep the fir and oaks. We're hoping that the tree people will make a deal to where they can have the wood as payment. We also had some more gravel spread around our road. We have to start getting ready for the rainy season. Hopefully we will even get some more snow like last year.
That's it for me...gotta eat my cereal and then do some exercise.
Debbie
Old 09-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Luan - brilliant news on the 7 lb loss Not so good news about the job, but I am sure that the time you did spend on the casting side of the show was a really good experience for you.

Brenda - congrats on your great loss, 4.5 lbs is fab Have you been doing anything differently? It’s been a long time since I had a good loss like that.

Valerie - on your 11.5 lb loss!!! That is awesome Was that in one week?? Well however long it was It’s great!!

Hope your doggy will be OK

Debbie - If you are a beginner to exercise then the Walk and Jog DVD might be a bit much. Have you tried the Walk Away The Pounds DVDs, the 1 and 2 mile ones are fab. You get a good work out but it’s low impact and you still burn off the calories Even with the Jog one you can stick to low impact but the pace is still fast.

Sorry you haven’t seen a move on the scales, plateaus suck Hang in there, those scales are bound to move downwards if you keep up the good work

Time for tea now, egg mayo rolls, mmmmm Yummy!!

Hugs,

Ammi

Last edited by AmmiUK; 09-06-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #68  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Battle-that has got to be a great feeling to be under 300. I had to throw out some of those big panties this week too. My problem is with the back to school stuff going on, all the stores are sold out of my size to replace them with. I’ve got to be careful with the ones I’ve got left until they get restocked.

Annie-giving away the big clothes is always so hard to do emotionally. I was also amazed at how long I was able to go in my big clothes before they were officially too big to wear anymore.

Angie-I’m not really the most spiritual person either. Studying theology is a bit like studying philosophy with world history thrown in. So much of the backdrop of today really centers around religion, what people believe and how they act on it. I was raised a Catholic, but have done enough ecumenical work to know that people who don’t believe the way I do aren’t all going ****. Even when I teach religious education, I tell people that I am good with the education, but not the formation. I’m always telling my husband that I hate all the “touchie feelie” stuff and just want to teach. I’ve almost quit a couple of times because of that. My spiritual director says that the fact that it makes me uncomfortable means that it is good for me. Sometimes religion is used as a hammer. I’ve been lucky not to have had anything like that happen to me. For me it is a comfort like an old soft sweater.

John-I’ll have to try out those steamer bags. I run out of ways to fix vegetables, and they certainly aren’t my favorites to begin with. I’ve never seen a person overweight who loves vegetables and just loves to snack on them. Anything that makes this process easier is golden.

Vicki-some of the best sewing classes are the ones you get for free when you buy a sewing machine. Even buying a used one. When I was learning to sew, I didn’t have the money for lessons. My machine was free. I traded my secretary, who got it as a wedding present and had never used it, for an old lawn mower. I watched the sewing shows on TV, and checked out books from the library. I got some old sheets at a thrift store to practice on, and just followed the pattern directions as closely as possible. I had grown up with my mom sewing, and I had always done the cutting out, but not the actual sewing. My mom didn’t have the patience to let me near her machine. So I knew how to alter patterns before I could even turn a machine on. That’s a good idea for a book. How to take up clothes after losing weight. I could sell a bunch to folks who’ve had WLS. Good luck with your surgery. That will probably be another 10 pounds anyway. Are you donating your skin to the local burn center?

Annie-I’m gratified that you think I can understand my assignments. My first though was “Holy Crap.” Literally and figuratively. This is the last class for my BA, and it is considered the senior thesis type class. The syllabus was an inch thick, and has 17 text books. What are we studying, nuclear physics or microbiology or something? My first masters class only has 10 assignments and 2 textbooks, one just a small paperback. I’m sure that all this is good for my brain. I’ve started adding turmeric to my morning smoothie, and am considering geritol. Enjoy the sunshine. We’re 11 degrees right now, and have been close to zero at night.

Rat-When my mom used to have days like that she would just go back to bed, and start the day over again later. I slink around in my jammies and watch cartoons.

Luan-I has been a long time since I spent 500 dollars on new clothes. I’ll bet that felt great. They way things are today, I hope that was more than just one dress.

Brenda-When things are going right, and a big loss happens, it feels so great. Revel in it.

Valerie-I always hated it when my fur babies were sick. Besides the fact that it is hard to teach them to throw up in the toilet, they can’t tell us where it hurts. I hope yours feels better real quick.

Debbie-I hate plateaus. My two best ways to break one is to try an ethnic cuisine. Eat Thai or Indian for a week, and confuse your body, or just eat more for a week to ramp up your metabolism.

I’m going to do some studying, and some sewing today, but basically taking it easy. I have the “Battle of Alberta” football game tomorrow. I’ll be on my feet for at least 6 hours getting screamed at by drunk football fans. If we lose, they will get mad too. They way my hormones have been lately, I’m just waiting for one of those Calgary fans to make my day. I can throw a frozen smokie like a dart. If that doesn’t work, I can always dump an urn of coffee on them. We don’t have to pay for that.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #69  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Hi All~

dolfingirl ~ I had lapband surgery done on May 3rd and I had to have a fill done of it on Tuesday.

I have had a somewhat trying week so far this week folks. I went to my surgeon's office which is 30-45 minutes away, depending on traffic, and was informed that someone had cancelled my appointment. Can I convey how upset I was??? If I had daggers to shoot out of my eyes, I would have. However, turned out that my surgeon's assistant has finally been trained to do fills, so he went ahead and did it. I have to say, I didn't have the weird feelings like I did last time. Last time, I had an issue with being out of breath after doing really minor activities, but this time it has been pretty smooth. I am now past my two days of liquids and onto two days of soft/mushy foods. I am so happy!!! I have also lost three pounds, so I am back out of the 360s again. I think I was there on my birthday a couple weeks ago for like 10 minutes.

My boyfriend decided to stick with me with the last of our grocery shopping yesterday, so to get back at him, I bought two 24 bottle packages of water and like 10 bottles soda (there was a sale and he loves soda), along with two gallons of skim milk. He doesn't let me bring the groceries upstairs to our apartment, so he had the task of doing it all himself. Teach him to leave a huge shopping trip to me.

Today is my son's first day back to school. He was excited and frankly, so was I. His bus was almost an hour late, but it got here and he is now at school. It is so quiet without him here. I am missing him now, but when he gets home and wants to talk nonstop for 4 hours, I'll be praying that tomorrow comes soon.

As always, I hope everyone is doing well and if not, you are in my prayers.

Story

PS ~ I also finally wore my football jerseys out in public. Both of em and I loved every minute of it too!

Last edited by TheStorySoFar; 09-06-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:58 PM   #70  
peace out

S/C/G: 318.4/289/145

Height: 5'2"

Good evening everyone!

Just a quick post to say hello! Things are going well - both kids are liking school and their teachers. I am getting old though - my son's teacher could almost also be my son! DS will have him for two years in a looping class. The Postman said after the end of year two we should offer to take him out for a beer since he will be old enough to get in the bars by then! LOL!

I've been catching up on housework and sewing - DS is still a wee bit vertically challenged so he always needs his pants hemmed. It was cool the past couple of days and is supposed to be cool and rainy next week so we couldn't depend on shorts.

Eating hasn't been great for me but I'm trying. I eat well for the most part but I am eating at odd times. I may not feel like eating anything all day until well past lunch time - then I'm not hungry for supper...but I'm starving come 9 or 10 o'clock. Not great for my metabolism.

Have a great evening!

Cris
Old 09-06-2007, 09:54 PM   #71  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Brenda - thanks. it was a GREAT feeling. and i totally didnt want to get on. i think this study drug is working.

Debbie - yeah it felt great. my one friend kept telling me... you look so good.. lol all i could do was blush.

Val - hope your baby is ok!

Debbie - thanks!

Ammi - it happens. its the nature of the job. its contract work for short periods of time. but i love it. im glad you are feeling better

Catherine - that made me really LOL. no, i actually went to several places, and bought a bunch of stuff online. i got several new outfits. lots of bras and underware (i love underware). it was fun to just blow some money.

ok, so i need an idea for a short story to film. no dialogue. 3-5 mins. any ideas?

Luan
Old 09-06-2007, 11:48 PM   #72  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Luan-For your short film, I would find someone in a wheelchair, and follow them trying to get into some place that isn't too handicap accessible. No dialogue is needed. Older government buildings and churches were always the worst for me.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:47 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Luan , Story, GTL200 and Valerie: Congrats on you losses! Awesome.

Debbie: I have had regular mini-plateaus starting 2 weeks into my new eating plan. It has been scary and frustrating, but eventually the scale moved. I have whined on and off about it, and about the slow pace of my progress. It's amazingly easy for me to tell you to hang in there and be patient, but it hasn't been so easy to take my own advice.

Ammi: It's nice to see you posting again.

Catherine: I love learning about and discussing religion. I'm into dialogue, but it's not always easy to find others to dialogue with. There is a lot of hammering, as you say.

I'm deeply spiritual, and I left my religion for a long time because I thought it lacked spirituality. I felt connected in the cultural sense, but felt empty and unconnected to it in other ways. Later I learned that the religion was richly and intricately spiritual, and all the concepts I found in other religions and practices that resonated with me were part of my own religion. In the post WWII era and area in which I grew up, the adults and leaders were less inclined to focus on the spiritual aspects; rather, they found comfort in the history, ritual, guidelines, and intellectual aspects of it, and that's what they passed on to us. I suppose we all gravitate to the parts that have meaning or comfort for us, and we are less interested in focusing on the parts we don't feel connected to. But, imo the beauty of some of the major religious and spiritual traditions that have developed over long periods is astounding--there is so much to them, and they offer something for many different kinds of human needs.

33tek: You can do it. Keep trying!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:18 AM   #74  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies and John. Quick post before heading to bed. The lasix doesn't seem to be working right now. My legs and feet are really swollen and sore. The doctor upped my dosage, but I've seen no changes in the last 2-3 days. I can't get in to the doctor again until October 1st unless it's an emergency. I'm trying to keep on keepin' on, but some days it's like trying to climb mt. everest.

Congrats to all of you who've had losses and NSVs. Welcome to all the new ladies/gents, and welcome back to those of you who've come back. Best wishes everyone.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:41 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Brenda: Congrats on another -4.5. Way to go girl.

Debbie: Sorry about the plateau but mayb if you shake up your eating for a bit it will go away. Hugs and good luck.

Nancy: Hi and hugs.

Angie: Great job exercising.

John: I am doing so well loosing weight because I had weight loss surgery. Please don't think I am doing something you are not doing, well, other than liquid diet lol. I don't want to take away from all of you the amazing job and hard work it is to lose weight. I truly know first hand myself.

Viki: Hugs and I will be praying your Tummy Tuck goes excellent.

Ammi: I hope you enjoy your new DVD. It sure is nice to see you posting again and thanks for letting us know about dear Sharon. When you talk to her again tell her I said hi and I am missing her.

Ratkitten: Hi girl.

Luan: Congrats on another -7! Hope another assignment comes your way very soon just as exciting and interesting as the last one.

Val: Yeah! I am soooooo happy for your weight loss. You are rockin it! Huggies to Max and hope he feels better really soon.

Catherine: I'd like to see you throw a smokey like a dart. lol.

Storey: I'm glad that your fill went so well this time. That is great news.

Cris: So glad that your kids are liking school. That is always half the battle.

Brandnewme: Hugs to you hun. I hope that they find a med that will work soon. I was usuing Maxide's generic and it did great for me. It was pretty inexpensive too as I didn't have insurance when I first started usuing it. Good luck sweetie.

I have been thinking about Misty/Sue from Seattle a bunch lately and Sandy also. Has anyone heard from them? I sure hope they are well and staying op. If you gals are lurking Hugs and come back soon, Emily you too.

Blessings all,
Annie
Closed Thread