Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #1  

Default +300 Weekly Thread #1121

WELCOME

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ratkitten -- Thanks for starting the new thread!!

Confession: I ate too much at the cookout yesterday, despite my conviction beforehand NOT to eat too much. I should not have stood near the appetizers. I had brought fresh cut veggies and hummus, but the siren call of some stupid breaded chicken fingers got to me. So, I thought, okay, now I'm kind of full, so I don't need a hamburger. But then, there was one left, so I ate that, along with sides... And then... I ate dessert too. A little cheesecake... and a number of cookies. I felt sick later in the evening. Maybe I can remember that the next time.

So, today's a new day and I hope to be back on plan.

Oh, and I have a manicure and pedicure scheduled today!!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 AM   #3  

G'morning all!

Don't mind me, I'm just bouncing around this morning. I think it's the side effects of the steriods. I also had a hard time with the munchies last night. I stayed OP and delved into my flex points (WW flex plan). I gave up after eating 10 points and went to bed. I'm surprised I have pillows and blankets left after last night. I was ready to eat anything! The good news is that today is my last dose of steriods.

*hugs* Ammi! I'm glad you checked in Ut oh about Sharon's broken toe.. OUCH!

Annie, I'm thinking of you as your surgery date approaches.

Meta, you ROCK! Too funny about your DS liking the salsa on the eggs.

Wow Catherine, you are so talented! Sewing and crafts like the mosaic tiling. My sewing talent is limited to mending and halloween costumes with an occasional curtain thrown in. Your MIL is a nutcase. Yay on your new "old" dresser find!! I love the thrift shops here and sooooo understand when you happen upon a gem.

2FForU, I hope you continue to feel better and start your treadmill today!! I'm here cheering you on. I know how hard it is to pull myself out of a funk.

Bbutterfly, please take care of yourself and kick out that flu bug. Drink your fluids!! I've never heard of Buckleys.

Nancy, oooo I wanna see Stardust! I've only seen a couple of previews on TV. Yup, summer is still here.. hot and sticky outside yesterday and today.

Hiya Valerie! Thanks for my ticker cheers! Frequently, I see all that needs to be done and forget where I've been. You can do it!! You'll be there beside me soon (especially if I keep this snail's pace.. hehe).

Debbie, yay for new sized pants!!! Keep up the GREAT work *hugs and jumps up and down with you in celebration*

Realist, OMGosh.. I hope your back doesn't go out moving the flagstone or drywall. Good exercise though!

Going2L200, those are fabulous pictures!! I love black and white photography. I miss having a dark room (had access to one for many years through and after college). Best camera I ever had was a Pentax K1000.. all manual thing. Now I have one of the first Canon ElanIIe's as well as the obligatory digital camera. I sorta miss that old cruddy Pentax.

I hope everyone has a great day today. I'm sure I'll stop bouncing around soon. Today is the last steriod dose for my back.

Hugs and luv to all!
RK
Old 08-27-2007, 08:32 AM   #4  

Wyllenn,

I love your attitude.. yesterday is done.. let's focus on today! AND.. on top of that you get to be pampered with a manicure and pedicure.

I just realized the steriods were partially responsible for my munchies. At least I'm not totally going nuts.. ok.. just a little nuts. . .. hehe.

Hugs and Luv,
Ratkity
Old 08-27-2007, 09:30 AM   #5  

thanks rarkitten i am back on track and out of my funk!
ouch Sharon hope you feel better soon!
Annie i will be thinking of you
hello Ammie
Old 08-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #6  

Ratkitten -- Thanks! I can't do this if I dwell on the past. I try to learn from it, but not dwell on it.

I may be forgetting, but what are you on steroids for? I know they can really play havoc with appetite and weight!

Patti -- glad you're feeling better!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Good morning ladies and John,

Finally the scale budged. I worked it hard this weekend trying to shake off some lbs. I couldn't face another weigh in with no loss. I'm down 2 lbs.

Heather, sorry you had a bad day, but as you say, today is a new one.

Ratkity, bless you on your resolve. I took steroids once, and was a crazed maniac, eating everything in sight.

Hi to all the rest of you. Have a great OP day and week.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #8  

W, I'm on steriods for my back. I've been in nearly constant spasm since Memorial Day (end of May). I also have some other meds to help the stupid thing heal. I've taken it easy this week (no DDR dancing!) so I didn't aggravate my back while I wasn't feeling pain. I didn't do yardwork or pull weeds either!! (there's gotta be some benefits..hehe). My on and off lower back spasms will get better when the weight I am carrying in my middle goes away. Yet another benefit of losing weight!!

This has been a great week as far as my back is concerned because I haven't had one single spasm!! I wasn't draggin my right leg behind me either (like the hunchback). I nearly felt normal! *gasp* It was WONDERFUL!

I thought the steriods would mess up my weight loss this week, but they didn't. I'm thinking there might be a delayed effect and it'll show up next week.

Bah.. I'm procrastinating doing my normal work.. hehe. Later!

Luv,
Rat
Old 08-27-2007, 11:31 AM   #9  

heather yes i feel much better and plan to keep the exercise going on now .. except for when i go on the road .. on those weeks i will chose my foods wisely. hope you have a better day
Old 08-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #10  

oh battleax great job on the loss!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:34 AM   #11  

w00h00 Battle!!! congratz!!!!

I don't feel like I have much resolve today. I'm looking at munching on anything not nailed down. I feel like Mz PacMan. So far, I've eaten good choices... well, except for the cap to my pen.. I think it's mangled beyond recognition!! hehe.

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 08-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #12  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Rat-In college I had a work study program in the forestry department for a grad student that was studying whether the new faster growing trees were are strong as the slower grown old growth stuff. Well duh! That’s like being paid to study whether concrete houses do better in hurricanes than mobile homes. Older furniture is made with older wood, better joinery, and with much more care. The only way to get anything new that’s comparable is to buy hand made furniture, and who could afford that. You know my doctor always used to tell me that my back would get better if I just lost some weight. I absolutely hate it when a doctor is right.

Annie-Good luck on your surgery. I’ll have the morning mass said for you.

Battle-WTG. See the scale eventually has to move. It just likes to push you to the end of your endurance first just to see if you are serious.

I’m moving furniture today. I’m mostly going to try to keep from hurting myself.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #13  

Ratkitten -- Ah! I remember about your back now (sorry, so many people to keep in mind!). I hope it keeps getting better!

Catherine -- yes, now don't you go hurting your back!! (or anything else!)
Old 08-27-2007, 01:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Today I am going to adjust my first goal by 1 lb., to be 298. There is a 50's party coming up on Sept. 15, almost 3 weeks away. I built my outfit around the pair of size 24 Target capris hanging in my closet. I am sewing a 50's style blouse to go with it, and there was no way I was going to buy a new pants or skirt just for the 1 night, so now I am committed to fitting into them. Technically I can get them on, but 5 lbs is needed for them to have a snug, but not embarrassing fit. It will be pushing the boundaries of what it is to fit into a size 24, but that is ok.

I think this is a great motivator for me to work super-hard for the next 2.5 weeks. I know I can get rid of 5 lbs. with concentrated effort, even if my body takes its usual 2-week weight loss hiatus. I am going to step up my exercise program and stick to a slightly lower calorie range...but nothing extreme. I only need a little push to get there.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning Friends,

Well, I just got back from my parent's house on Friday and this weekend has blazed by. I have been sooo busy. All good things but busy none the less. lol.

I had a great time in the Boise ID area. I got myself another new pair of Birkenstalks (sp) I love shoes. lol. On Saturday I went to the Kootenai County Fair which was great. I haven't been to a fair well, since my DH and I got married in 1985! Sunday I went to the walk in movies. I haven't been to a walk in movie since 1993! I had a great time dispite a not so great movie. We saw Invasion with Nicole Kidman. I did get to swim yesterday too. I weiged on Friday when I had my final Dr. appointment and I was down 4 more pounds. That was nice. It kind of feels like a dream that I will wake up from to be loosing weight and being under 400 pounds.

My surgery is on Wednesday and I honestly don't know if I will be able to read all the posts that you guys had while I was gone to my Dad's before then so, to all of you loosing, gaining, staying the same, going through stuff or just experiencing life, Hugs to you on it all. Hopefully I will be able to post again before Wednesday. If not, Prayers and good wishes are so appreciated. My sister Terri will be emailing Ammi and she will hopefully have time to let you all know how I did during surgery.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Closed Thread