Old 08-19-2007, 04:54 AM   #16  
The Keymaker

S/C/G: 328/250/160

Height: 5'7

It's like reading a post that I wrote myself. It's funny how a simple 10-minute trip to this website can induce positive feelings of willpower and hope. I must say that I am almost in the exact same boat. I recently turned 30 and my weight is finally catching up to me. A few years ago I lost around 40 pounds, but after 6 months or so I gained it all back and now I'm 20 pounds over my starting weight. I feel the exact same as you do right now. It's hard to function in the world when you are limited not only socially, but physically.

I used to write in a journal years ago and I've been dancing around the idea of starting again in hopes to inspire some sort of epiphany. Well, I bit the bullet tonight and broke open a new journal. I must say, it helped me to work through some of my issues with losing weight. I had different reasons years ago for not losing the weight and now my reasons are simply to be healthier. To extend my life, make it more productive and more how I feel it truly should be.

I say we do this together. The more support, the better. I would love to chat with you about your struggles and what might work for you. Maybe we could help each other enrich our lives and become who we really want to be.

I do have a tip for the drinking habits. I am not a fan of water either, trust me. I LOVE Dr. Pepper. My Aunt recently turned me on to these individual flavor packets that you add into a 16 oz water bottle and shake to mix up. They are only 5 to 10 calories each (depending on which brand you get) and they really take that bland taste out of the water. It's almost like drinking Kool-aid. I love the grape flavors and they are available at the grocery store in the same section as the Kool-aid packets.

Last edited by Jess8; 08-19-2007 at 05:00 AM.
Jess8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #17  
Want 2 be slim & healthy

Location: Im in Spain but Im English, have lived in Spain for 15 years

Height: 5"11

Hi and welcome.

I found it hard to give up coke and if i need a fizzy drink i mix juice wih fizzy water. Red tea is also really good for you, its an acquired taste though!!
kate1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #18  
Saxophone Princess

S/C/G: 370+/370+/200

Height: 5'6

Well

It's been awhile. I've lost a bit. I still haven't managed to get away from the sodas but I have cut WAY back I'm up a pound this week.. but official weigh day isn't till tomorrow, so maybe I'll get lucky with a hold.

If not, move on and do better.
eirlys is offline   Reply With Quote