300+ And Ready to Try Again Weekly Thread #1117

You're on Page 8 of 10
Go to
  • Hi EM: So glad things are going well for you. I bet you are the best nurse! I have missed your beautiful face around her. Hugs.

Blessings,
    Annie
  • Ammi: Huge hugs sweetie. I'm so proud of you!

love ya,
    Annie
  • thanks everyone for your happy thoughts about my interview. yes it is to WORK on, not BE on the biggest loser. I would be working with Casting at this point. so im pretty excited. my interview is at 6pm (in 2 hours)

Annie - you are doing a great job, you look like a totally different person!!

Ammi - know that we are here for you if you need anything
  • Ammi -

Jill I know what you mean. I lived for 5 years in SW DC. Couldn't take it anymore even tho I was paying $469 utilities included. I live an hour away now pay 774 just the rent. But to be closer I was looking at 900 to 1200 for rent. Buying just not happen either. Glad you found a place. I can fix just about anything so if you have a problem with anything let me know.
  • Hi everyone
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi, and let you know i havent given up, quit, or anything, just been working alot. I am so happy for all the losers, welcome to all the new posters, and welcome outland. it is good to have a male poster to get the male perspective about wt loss.
    I only lost 1 lb last week and i havent weighed as yet for this week. at least its something, but i miss those weeks of 5 lbs lost.
    i hope everyone has a fab weekend, and hopefully i can do some more posting.
    Take care
    kymberly
  • Dolphin-My stomach gets fluttery and kind of like sea sick. Putting food on it has always helped. I have always craved cold things when it is at its worse. It doesn’t feel really like reflux, but more like I had eaten something boiling hot. Eating really cold stuff seems to also make me feel fuller because I think my stomach contracts from the cold. Yeah, you’re right it’s in Theological Studies. I haven’t decided yet on my area of concentration. I can pick from Foundational (like church history), Biblical Studies, Systematic (Sacraments, Christology), Moral (Peace and Justice issues) or Spiritual (pastoral counseling). I don’t have enough Greek and Latin and have no desire to study it for the biblical studies one, so that’s out, but other than that, I haven’t decided yet. I’ll probably take intro classes in each one to decide. I have to have so many credits in each section, so I’ll have a lot to go on before I have to come up with a thesis topic.

Battle-Never mess with a PMSing woman!! I got mugged once in college when I was getting out of my truck in the overflow dorm parking lot. As soon as he regained consciousness, I had him arrested. I’m not really that tough, but I was driving a ’61 Ford truck, and he startled me, so I kind of swung the door at him knocking him down, and he hit his head on the parking stop.

Jill-We live in a condo, but our fees only cover the insurance, heat and hot water. There isn’t even an elevator to upkeep. We have a woman come in once a week to vacuum the hallways and water the plants in the entry for $100/month, and we mow in summer and shovel snow in winter for another $100/month. I agree with you about the fancy ones. The ones downtown here with underground heated parking and exercise rooms, etc. are 3 times as much as we pay a month. All of our utilities including phone and internet and condo fees here are less than what we were paying just for gas in the house we were in. It is so nice to be able to put a nail in the wall and not worry about anyone complaining about it. Plus multiple housing, which includes townhouses, have a lower environmental footprint. When we moved here it was a couple of hundred dollars more a month than renting the same size apartment, but within 6 months, that changed. The longer you stay, the more rents go up, and eventually you will be paying less than comparable rents.

Emily-Congrats. That is so cool that you are done, and can now get on with the business you’ve trained for.

Zelma-We went to eat with friends in China town tonight, and could easily have gotten a ride home, but I told my husband it was too nice a night to ride, so we walked instead. I sometimes too wonder who the heck just said that, because it doesn’t sound like me at all.

Ratkity-You couldn’t get me on a rollercoaster for anything either. I’ve always been the dizzy type. The water park was tempting, but who takes a swim suit with them to a shopping mall? That place is just crazy. The just got through filming a movie there for next Christmas, so they had left up their Christmas decorations from last Christmas. That was weird.

Annie-I don’t know why I push myself so hard. When I was younger, I could hike all day, and I am trying to get that back as quick as possible I guess. It took me a good 24-36 hours to recover. Tell your niece that I had tofu tonight in China town. I got to watch them cut it right out of the barrel it had been made in. So fresh it still mooed so to speak. Freshly made tofu is so light and fluffy, it’s practically a marshmallow. Mine went into a vegetable Pho, and himself had his in stir fried curry. We had durian for dessert. What’s a good Okie girl raised on an all bacon grease diet doing eating crazy stuff like that?

Ammi-Take time to grieve properly. That’s a mistake I made when my dad died. I tried to go on like nothing was wrong, and sedated myself with food. Things pop up when you least expect them to. He’s been gone over 20 years, but today I was looking for something in my jewelry box, and there were the shells from his funeral (he had a military funeral, and they gave us the shells from the volleys they fired over the open grave). It brought it all back like it had happened yesterday. The smell of gunpowder.

I’m off to do the condo books. That basically means a deposit slip for 12 checks, and two checks to write for the electric and gas bill. Oh yeah, and I get to write a check for myself. That’s always the best part.
  • Ammi --
  • Hey guys--a quick fly-by post here. Havent got much time. I'm on the internet after work and I really need to get home. It's after 3 am so I've been messing around for over an hour now and I need to go! I havent felt well lately as I think I'm getting this cold and crap that everyone at work has and I feel like I cant ever get enough sleep!

I dont have time right now to read everyone's posts but maybe since tomorrow is my last work day of the week after work I can get caught up.

But I just had to tell everyone that weigh in was today and I lost another 8 lbs!!!!! YIPEEE!!! I cant believe I'm down 15 lbs already! This is great. Now if I can just get Nat started....
  • Ammi - to you my dear.

Violet - That is great you have lost 15 already! In two weeks you have surpassed what I have managed to accomplish all year. Clearly, I need to quit pussyfooting around.

Luan - hmmmmm.....if you get the casting job would you give special treatment for your 3FC friends who tried out for the show?

Annie - It's hard to imagine that you used to be a "meanie"!

BattleAx - What a story. You sound like a heck of a gal. I love it!! You got me thinking though. A lot of times I just shove my purse under my seat and never think about it til the movie's over. I never thought about people trying to steal my purse at the movies!

Zelma - It's always nice to see you posting here.

As for me, I had my fence stained yesterday. I didn't do it, I paid someone to do it. I am not certain I am happy with the results. It's very uneven and parts look like there is little to no stain at all. They called me last night to ask how I liked it and to schedule a time to come get paid and I told them my concerns. They said it was normal and as it dried more it would be more even. I guess I could buy that on the areas where the stain looks lighter or darker, but what about where it looks like there is no stain at all? Hmmmmm....I am not sure I am OK with this. They are supposed to be coming to get their check this morning but I may have to get tough and hold off until things are as I think they should be. I don't know what time exactly they are coming, but after I am done here I am going to the Y to walk on the treadmill so hopefully they won't come while I am gone.

School is coming soon. Just a little more than 2 weeks away now. My first class is on 8/20. I got the syllabus for my Organizational Behavior class yesterday and it really freaked me out. This is going to be lots of work. There are 2 group projects, one of which will require an oral presentation. Normally, doing presentations doesn't bother me all that much but, of course, my current weight is on my mind. Maybe I am being silly and regressing into playground mentality but I am worried when we form groups no one is going to want the "fat girl" on their team. Plus the syllabus said it should be a "professional" presentation and indicated professional attire was in order. Now I have to worry about finding something to wear. I am fortunate that even though I have a professional accounting job, the dress code is very relaxed so I can get buy with khakis and jeans most of the time. But that also means that I have nothing "professional" to wear for my presentation. Oh well, try to put it out of my mind until the time comes that I really do have to worry about it.

I had a horrible eating day last night. Fridays kick my butt every single time. Fridays and Mondays. Fridays I guess because it is the start of the weekend and I am tired and end up slacking off. Mondays I know because it is my first day back to work and sometimes, especially if it's particularly stressful I can get jittery at work and end up mindlessy munching. The other days of the week I do pretty well. I guess I need to really focus on those 2 days and change my habits. Friday is gone for this week so I guess I will focus on making it through Monday OP.

OK, off to the Y now. I just know that fence guy is going to come while I am gone. Oh well, he can just come back. I don't want to put off my workout or I will be in danger of not doing it at all!
  • Hello All,

Well I am feeling a lot less emotional today. Yesterday was so weird, receiving mum’s ashes was like being told she had passed away all over again even though I had the news in March. Anyway here I am now, and it’s time to catch up with everybody.

Patti - so glad to hear you are back using your treadmill more regularly again. Though I am sure the housework you have been doing will have been plenty to keep you active enough to be working off some weight. Did you have your WI yesterday? Hope the FFM was kind to you

Zelma - lovely to see your posting. I’m sorry to hear about your having an ovarian cyst that burst, they sound awful when you just have them without suffering the pain of them bursting

Good to hear that your mammogram wasn’t as painful as you expected it might be. I can rest easy now if I ever go for one because my saggy ‘girls’ should be easy to examine too

It sounds like you are much better in general these days and I am so glad to hear that you are actually seeing the new slim you in the mirror now. As for remembering so easily the pain and humiliation etc of being a ‘big gal’ I think it can be a good thing to be able to remember it so easily because at least then you’ll know you’ll never be complacent and gain the weight back.

HA, you were saying that you had 15 consecutive days of rain, well at least it is winter there. We’ve practically had rain every day since May, although last week we did have about 5 days of glorious sunshine. I think that was our summer though because now we are back to rain, rain and more rain.

Nancy - funny how people are different isn’t it. I would love to be able to take the pill but am not allowed because of blood pressure and having migraines. When I could take it, I did, even if it wasn’t as a contraceptive because I loved knowing exactly when TOM was due, and also that it would be very light. I can understand why you don’t want to take it and if you can get away with not needing it anymore then I am happy for you

Congrats on the 3 lbs lost you aren’t that far from that wonderful 100 lbs lost, and I can’t wait to cheer for you when you get there

Catherine - you have a mall that has a roller coaster in it??? How cool is that, and it sounds like such a great coaster too. I would love to ride it.

All that walking and all you bought was the travel sized blender, well at least you came away with something, and you worked off all those calories as well. As for the fab choice you made at the Chinese grocery store good for you. I actually LOVE apple rings, were they dried? My fave low fat snack at the moment are dried apple and dried pineapple crisps!!! They are so yummy, low fat, and good for me. I can’t go wrong

Thanks for the advice on grieving, I did spend a lot of yesterday making myself not cry, but the stupidest thing started me off. We were watching America’s Got Talent, and one of the acts which was brilliant, was being slated by one of the judges. One of the people in the act, a woman about my age I would guess (unless she’s had a hard life) started crying and you could see she was trying to hold it back and couldn’t wait to get off the stage. Well that did it for me, I started crying and all the day’s pent up tears came out too. Thankfully Daren realised that, and he just cuddled me til I was all cried out. I really must not keep it all in again!

Your dad’s funeral must have been very special, and I am glad you got to keep the shells. I missed my mum’s funeral as it took place in Australia, but soon now that we have her ashes, we will have a memorial service for her and get to say our goodbyes then.

Idealmuse - on reaching 30 lbs lost and your 10 % You must be feeling so great. Just goes to show you that your perseverance and exercising even though it’s mega hot there, does pay off

Battleax - how did it go when you went for a meal and to the movies? Did you manage to enjoy both without going OTT with food or making bad food choices. I used to be of the old school where I HAD to have something to eat like popcorn or candy when I went to the movies. But now on the very rare occasion that I do go, if I do have food it will be something low fat. Like tonight, Daren wants to have a DVD evening, him and Caleigh will be eating chocolate and popcorn while we view, but me, I’ll be having some low fat crisps I’ve only just got back the ilk to diet and get this weight off, and I’m not going to ruin it because the old me would have loved to have pigged out while watching the DVDs too

Good for you for stopping that creep from stealing your purse. You really showed him what for which is good especially if he thought you would be an easy target! Did you report him to the movie theatre’s management, just in case he tries something similar with other people that go there?

Heather - yes I am loving the bike, and it makes it all the more enjoyable having my MP3 player loaded with all my fave work out songs

We must start our own mutual admiration society thanks for your compliments about my posts.

Brenda - I hope your nap helped you get out of your eat everything in sight mood. I often go to sleep when I want to eat but aren’t hungry. If I can’t keep busy to keep my mind off food, then sleep is the next best thing.

Where are you going on your vacation? Are you almost all ready now?

Ratkity - lol You are right that I rock when I do half an hour on the bike, I rock literally lol, I am sure one day the whole bike with me on it will go through the floor There are so many squeaks and moans and groans from the floor boards when I am really going for it, it’s a worry lol.

Shame we don’t have some gold start emoticons coz I’d be throwing some your way as well after you doing so great with your food yesterday. Good for you for making such great choices and ignoring the naughty food

John - did the humidity hit as predicted today? Hope it isn’t making you feel to blah. Sorry you’ve had a bad couple of days where everything can go wrong seems to have done just that. I bet you were expecting to see a gain on those scales, so it was pretty darn good and impressive that you still saw a 1 lb loss

Vicki - thanks for explaining about why you are opting for the surgery now rather than waiting. The fact that the surgeon is more than happy to do it now should tell me that it’s definitely the right move for you. I think if surgery didn’t’ hurt lol and I could pay privately then I’d have all my saggy skin cut off now, AND when I get to my ultimate goal. I know I would be at least 1 or 2 sizes smaller if I didn’t have to still squeeze all my saggy skin and flab into my clothes :yes; I really hope your surgery will go well and that you’ll have a quick recovery

Luan - it’s good to know that I have everybody here to help me through my emotional times, this is a wonderful site full of wonderful people

How cool is that, that you could be working on the Biggest Loser show!! If you get the job do you think they’ll let you work out in the gym and stuff that the show uses? Even if they don’t, just being involved in a show like that will be a huge inspiration to carry on losing weight yourself I hope your interview went really well and that you will get the job

Jill - sounds like things are really hectic right now for you especially all the things that still need doing for your move. Still it will all be worth it in the end, are we all invited to your housewarming party

EmilyMay - on finishing your nursing course. I hope you did something to celebrate I know you are looking forward to starting your job as a nurse on the oncology ward. You are one of the people I consider to be really special because you will be working on that particular ward. It’s not something I could do, it would really be too much for me. I hope you will be able to deal with it all emotionally because those patients I am sure couldn’t ask for a better nurse

Annie - just think before long you won’t have any fear at all about getting up on chairs, heck you’ll be able to jump on the things and KNOW that they won’t break!!

OOOH that’s exciting that your niece has got herself a young man that she really likes. Yet another reason perhaps for her to stay on in Idaho, well unless her schooling really is calling to her I hope you all have a great time on your day out and that the BBQ goes great. You are so amazing cooking all that lovely food and not feeling any resentment that you can’t eat any of it. You are one special gal

Kymberly - you’ve got hardly any weight left to lose so in relation to that 1 lb from your total is the same as 5 lbs was back when you had a lot to lose. Does that make sense Well it does to me Anyway congrats on the 1 lb lost and being that much closer to your goal

Amy - WOW 8 lbs lost, was that in one week??? Well 1 week or 4, who cares, 8 lbs is amazing well done. You are on fire :yes;

I hope if you do get the cold that everybody in work has that it won’t be around for long and that you will be feeling well again soon

Xena - thanks for the hugs

How goes it with the fence guys. Stick to your guns and show them where there is no stain at all, they need to go a good job before you part with your money. You should let me at your fence. I am so fussy LOL. I helped Daren stain a fence panel of ours the other day, he was there slapping the stuff on, and I was going after him making sure all the timber was coated well, and evenly. He got quite annoyed with me in the end, so I think next time he’ll be doing it on his own

Sorry you are feeling a little freaked out about the presentation that you found out you need to do for your Organizational Behaviour class. I can understand your worries, especially about grouping up with the others. Hopefully you won’t be amongst shallow people who will look at your size rather than considering how much of an asset you would be to their group. Though I do have to say looking at the pics you posted from the Grand Canyon trip you sure don’t look as heavy as you weigh. You look smaller than me! So I am sure you won’t have any problems with the other students. So try not to worry. As for the outfit when the time comes, hmmm, maybe look on eBay, they have some great quality stuff on there if you are looking for a bargain. I mean you don’t want to spend lots on an outfit you won’t wear too often!

Ok well I need to go exercise now. I didn’t get to do it this morning because we went grocery shopping. So hour and a half of sweat here I come Take care all and I’ll try to post more later.

Hugs,

Ammi
  • I'm back. Got my workout in and it appears the fence guy hasn't been here yet. I am assuming that because he didn't leave me a message. I was thinking if I weren't home when he tried to get paid he'd be calling me up!

Ammi - That is nice of you to say I don't look my weight. I feel like I do! If it looks that way I think it's only because I am so tall (5'11") so my fat has more room to spread out than it does on a shorter person. Glad you are feeling a bit better today. It's nice to hear you have a great guy who takes care of you when you are sad. Take care, sweetie.

OK, off to get a shower so I can be ready to duke it out with the fence guy if need be.
  • Xena-Don’t give them the check until it is done to your liking. Or you can give them half the money now, and half when they fix it. If you can afford to buy some professional stuff, I always found Catherine’s a good place to shop. I you can’t afford to buy, you can rent. Places that rent gowns and tuxedos can also rent different kinds of suits.

Ammi-West Edmonton not only has a rollercoaster, it has 3, one that is a triple looper. The amusement park has 26 different rides, a waterpark, an ice skating rink, two miniature golf courses, a sea park with sea lions and an aquarium with sharks, sting rays and even penguins. There’s a hotel that has fantasy rooms. Each one has its own hot tub, but the Roman room has the water flowing out of a statute, and the Polynesian room it come out of a waterfall. It’s supposed to be the largest indoor shopping mall in the world. I even used to have a submarine. They got rid of that, but kept this large pirate ship. I think they rent it out for birthday parties. There are also 800 stores. That’s why it is so easy to get lost. The apple rings were semi-dried. They were kind of soft almost a leather. There is something about a military burial that is special. They took the spent shells, and folded them into the last flap of the flag they presented to my mom. I got to keep 7 of them, and my brother who has two kids got to keep the other 14. He got the flag, and I got dad’s medals, but they will go to his kids after me. I keep them in a case on the bookshelf in our living room, and that gets almost as much comment as my husband’s picture with Pope John Paul. It is kind of hard being the daughter of a serious hero and feeling like I’ve wasted my life.

Well, I’m resting before the storm. Today is the Edmonton Eskimos vs. Calgary Something or other, football game. That is 60,000 crazy people on a good day, but they have made it hamburger coupon day, and if they buy two hamburgers, they get something for free I think. I’m going to come home smelling like I’ve been working in a slaughter house. Hopefully we’ll make lots of money for the church. I’m glad I get to work in the kitchen. The folks working the registers get to deal with the drunk angry people. We have told them that if someone gets out of hand to holler through, and I’ll send himself out. That 6’5”/350 lb. mountain scares most people from causing too much trouble. The funny thing is he’s afraid of his own shadow. If they really cause trouble, they send for me.
  • Ammi~ We are going to drive to Ontario for a vacation and to visit friends. It is about a 14hr drive from here and will be the first time we have had a real vacation in 6 yrs. Long overdue! I am not the least bit ready. Just finishing lunch and time then to go and clean the car. It is so messy and I want it to be a shiney for when we leave Sorry bout your day yesterday. But on how you handled yourself!
  • Luan: Thanks.

Kymberly: Yipee for another -1. You are still going in the right direction and you have to know that it will slow down some. Now, if I can just remember that one myself. lol. Glad to see you back. I miss you when you are not around.

Catherine: I would love to see the tofu when it is fresh. Last night we had tacos, maybe I told you all, well, I didn't have any but I cut up all the stuff for them and cooked the hamburger. I didn't know how to cook the tofu so I watched Lindsey, my niece, do it. Very interesting stuff. I am so new to it. She loves the taste of meat but she is a vegetarian because she doesn't agree with the way animals are treated. She is quite the conservationist/animal lover. I love animals too but, growing up on a farm I have a different view than she does. She doesn't push it or anything on this meat eating husband of mine. They love to tease each other about eating. Lindsey says, "I don't eat anything with a face". My Sweet hubby tells her, "Neither do I, I always cut the face off first". They are quite the pair. Lindsey adores her uncle and the feeling is mutual. He has turned into rather a worry wort since she has moved in with us for the summer. It is kind of cute to see what kind of a dad he would probably have been. Kind of makes me a bit nostalgic and sad too honestly. I know he loves kids and probably often thinks of the one we lost when we were first married.

I cracked up at the image of your hubby being such a gentle giant and having to come and get you if someone gets out of hand. What a sweet, sweet soul you are married to my friend.

Amy: Congrats on another -8. You are doing such an awesome job sticking to your plan. I am so proud of you. Your stuff should be there on Monday or Tuesday. I mailed it this past week. Let me know when it comes please. Hugs.

Xena: Yup. I used to be a meanie. I was too myself pretty much a lot but if someone crossed me or looked at me cross eyed so to speak, I was ready for a smack down. lol. The last time I got into a fight was with a man who slapped me across the face at, of all places, a Sally Beauty Supply in CA in 2000. He was giving the clerk, a little tiny gay man, a hard time about taking something back without a receipt that he supposedly purchased on a credit card. The clerk was so scared of this man. He was making everyone in the store uncomforatble. I was right behind him in line and I said, "sir, he is trying to explain that it isn't his policy it is the store's policy". Well, before I got the words out of my mouth, he turned around and slapped me across the face. No warning or anything. I totally saw red and doubled up my fist and punched in right in the nose.lol. It was quite the scene. The clerk was even more terrified and called 911. The other shoppers in the store clapped when I punched him in the nose. Because he hit me first, I didn't get arrested but I was very scared I would be. lol. So, I have been praying and trying to "Calm my anger down" quite a bit in the past few years. I have been doing pretty well with God's help but occasionally I see red. lol. I always stick up for the under dog which is none of my business but it is just me. So, that gets me into trouble.lol.

I think you are beautiful no matter what your size is. You will look amazing when you give you presentation even if you wear a sack!

I'm with Catherine, no money or only half until the job is to your satisfactory. Good luck.

Ammi: Hugs to you sweetie. I'm glad you are feeling better today. I wish I could be there to give you a huge hug.

Brenda: I am excited for you about your trip. I hope it is amazing.

Well, I need to jump on the bike and ride then get into the shower. I have to be ready to go around noonish today so we can get up to the mountain on the gondolas before it gets too busy. If anyone that knows how to post photos on the photo page can tell me how step by step, I would soooo appreciate it. I would love to share some pictures of our trip today when I get back.

Has anyone heard from Kaley, Sandy or Misti: I am wondering how those gals are doing.

Blessings to you all,
    Annie
  • Hello everyone!

I'm still stripping (the floors! the floors!) hehe.. I have done 2 rooms and have 4 to go.. ugh.

I came real close to eating everything in sight, but then realized I was really thirsty, so got a diet coke at the store. I have a salad ready for later. I know TOM is closeby because I want milk products and peanut butter things.

Special hugs to Ammie.

I'm too wiped out to give more personal hugs, but will group hug everyone!

Luv,
    Rat