3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ And Ready to Try Again Weekly Thread #1117

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #91

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

You know it only takes one thing to make a bad day good. Weds I had a cheese steak and half an order of fries, A blueberry&cream from starbucks(tall size) and I went and saw my dad. Had a good time with him but didn't eat so I went to BK for a grilled chicken sandwich no mayo and had a med drink and order of fries. I was feeling crappy cause I went so far off and I hadn't worked out.

Today it took 2 hrs and 15 mins to get to work when it normally takes me 50 mins. Everything I touched at work today wouldn't stay fixed. My hand made circuit board gave me fits to no end all the while my boss saying "Aren't you done yet?" I deicde to leave work on time and go in early tomorrow. Well I hit yet another accident on the way home and it took me 1hr and 40mins to get home tonight!!

So I cook my 8oz of fish and cooked down 10oz of peppers I drink a 8oz baby coke cause yeah I need comfort from the crappy 2 days I saw I had me some bud in the fridge as well so I cracked on of them too.

Then for some reason I figure let me see what the scale says just so I see what the damge is. An the damn scale was down another pound even on a full belly.

So its turned out to be a great day!

"Its amazing what one can do, when one doesn't know what one can do." - Garfield the cat.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:57 AM   #92
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

OMG so i have to share with you ladies

I have an interview tomorrow to work on the Biggest Loser.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:33 AM   #93
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Luan, I have my fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 08:44 AM   #94

S/C/G: 350/224/150

Catherine.. Major congratz about acceptance into the Master's program!!! So exciting!!!!!! YAY! I am so proud of anyone who goes back to school, especially to get their graduate degree. Perhaps you have an Office Depot or Staples you can get to when they have their penny sales for school supplies.

Luan... go girl!! Fingers crossed about your interview. You are fabulous girl!

John, I'm glad your day didn't turn out as bad as you thought it was. I totally understand horrid traffic and the bizillion beltway accidents. What's even more fun is the tourists that accidently get in the way of rush hour subway traffic. They are the ones with the over-tired children coming back from the DC zoo that are screaming on the Red Line. I don't commute daily via the metro anymore, but still have to go to downtown DC periodically (like last night). Add rail work and single tracking to that, and the cars are sardine packed.

My WI is today. Looks like it'll be a loss! YAY.. that'll be the pitypartypounds. I think TOM is on his way. I wanted eat everything! ugh.

Luv and OP hugs to all!
RK
Old 08-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #95
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

As I just posted in the exercise thread I made it to the gym but only lasted 15 minutes. I was totally wiped out and my body needed a rest. I definitely think it is PMS because even after a nice dinner I was STARVING. I again managed to keep my calories just a few shy of my high limit, but if I hadnít fallen asleep reading I probably would have eaten more. One thing I am really learning about my body though is that even though I crave sweets, often fruit really does do it for me. I have no real dessert type things in the house, except for one chocolate bar that I havenít wanted to open. I told myself that if I really still wanted it after eating some nice cherries, I could have a piece or two. Luckily that is when I fell asleep.

It can just be really scary how I feel like I could just consume everything in my house. Thank goodness I only mostly seem to feel that way when I am PMSíing and not all the time. I was so tired this morning and could barely drag my behind out of bed. Actually right now it is more roll myself out of bed because I am still sleeping on an inflatable mattress topped with my memory foam topper. Getting up in the middle of the night is really fun when you have to pick yourself up off the floor.

86 pounds down, now for the next bit - fourth short term goal (back to 100 down):
Old 08-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #96
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

nancy-Man do I know that feeling like you could eat without stopping and never get full. Where does that come from? This is completely unscientific, but I was once tested for an ulcer using the endoscope, and it showed the entire lining of my stomach was inflamed. There wasn't one ulcer, it was like the whole thing was. My mom has the same thing, and she always called it a nervous stomach, and eat until it went away. I always did the same thing, but mostly craved cold things. One of the things that I changed recently that allowed me to get back OP is that I have been eating a smoothie kind of thing for breakfast with frozen blueberries and lots of ice in the blender. It seems to freeze my stomach, and I think it has made all the difference. They say that inflammation is the real root of all illness.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #97
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

There I go, being MIA for a few days at a time again. Busy, busy, busy!! We are still doing some packing and moving boxes to the new house on the weekends, and tomorrow we're having the pest guy come spray for our carpenter ants, and we're getting a new toilet from the seller (which we'll have to call the plumber to have installed--at her expense), and we have to replace some doorknobs with broken locks, and we have to decide on paint colors, and we need to buy and install blinds/shades, and we need to get the missing attic dor back from the seller's handyman, and we need to figure out what to do for our tv/internet/phone service...plus I've been working extra hours both in the office and from home (hurray for company-provided laptops?) because we're still very busy at work (and I just got ANOTHER request for proposal today)...I'm about to collapse! And so, I apologize for not being as consistent about posting as I'd like to be.

I don't have a ton of time for personals, but...

Nancy, I have to say, I like your new avatar photo--very cute!

Luan, I'm sending good vibes your way for the TBL job--how exciting!

Catherine, congrats on the master's program!

And to all talking about downtown DC--ugh! I currently live about 10 minutes down 395 from the city, and I avoid going into the city at all costs. We go once in a while--like we brought my sister and her family (husband, 7-year-old, and baby) in to the natural history museum, and we went to the DC Improv for a comedy show a few weeks ago, but the traffic and the crowds and whatnot just make it quite unappealing to me at most times.
Got down to about 185 before pregnancy;
Benjamin David born March 24, 2012, 7 pounds 11 ounces
Post-pregnancy: 206.5
Old 08-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #98

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs down

Hi Everybody~~

How are you all doing today? I'm actually having a good day even though it's disgustingly HOT here--I think it was 92 degrees the last time I looked. He would be right at home here today.

John--Congrats on going down a pound even though you had a bad couple of days. Getting stuck in traffic is the worst for me--I just want to start running people over because I get sooooo irritated. I guess that's just a little road ragey, hahahaha. Anyway--I'm glad for you and I'm sure it gave you the encouragement to get yourself back on track.

Luan--good luck on the job interview! Unless I'm reading it wrong and you're going to actually be trying out to be on the show. Either way--good luck and let us know what's up.

RK--How did your weigh in go? How big a loss are we celebrating? Dish girl.

Nancy--I was that way for the last 2 days too. I just felt like eating everything bad for me and nothing else would do. I am due for my "little friend" today so luckily for me my craving part SHOULD be over. That mattress sounds so uncomfortable and for me it would suck getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Cuz if I'm waking up at 3 am I need a NASCAR to get me to the bathroom.

Catherine--that nervous stomach you're talking about--what are more of the symptoms? Meaning heartburn. I'm just wondering if it would help me because I get the same way.

Jill--so I guess you're moving then? I haven't been here for ages so I don't know. Are you guys buying a house or condo? Good luck with the move and the decorating. It sounds like you're very busy riight now--Yay for you.

Well I'm going to say bye for now since I have to fold laundry. What? I only have about 4 loads to fold and hang up--that's actually a record for me. Have a great day all.

Two trackers--the first is to lose 10% of body weight goal, and the second my ultimate goal.
One CHEER for each 10 lbs. lost.
None yet...
Old 08-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #99

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

Doing ok OP today so far, but I can feel the challenge coming....PMS is here.

Last night I went to the movies. I arrived before my friend, so put my purse on the seat next to me to save it. Normally I'd keep my arm through the handles, but the theater wasn't crowded and there was no one in the immediate vicinity of the seats. A man came in and sat in the seat next to the purse. I immediately knew he was after the purse. He looked at me and I looked right back into his eyes...not moving the purse. He averted his eyes and I went back to looking at the commercials on the screen. I know I could have simply picked it up and put it on my lap, but I decided to play with him. I was also trying to decide if he was more dangerous than a mere thief. So I sat there, drinking my water, looking as relaxed as could be, waiting for him to make a move. When he started to make his move, I slammed down on the purse violently, as if I was also going to slug him, and took it away. I shocked and scared the living daylights out of him. After he caught his breath he exited the theater. I just kept looking at him, not saying a word. Lol I am rather amused with myself, even though I know I took an unneccesary risk.

This isn't the first time someone has tried to take my bag or harm me in some way, and they have all not known what has hit them when they tried. I look like an easy target: overweight, middle-aged, and suburban-appearing (I suppose). Not at all the type to have any street smarts or know how to fight.

After all that, when the movie was over, my friend and I went for dinner, and I had a great salad, even though for a minute I contemplated ordering a pasta dish with a cream sauce.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #100

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Luan, good luck today!

Old 08-03-2007, 04:02 PM   #101

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Jill - Not sure if you'll still up around DC with the new house or not. If you need your doorsknobs and locks looked at let me know. I do that type of work and I know all the supplier in the DC metro area. I can get you just about anything you want and at my cost. An I'm cheap I take food for payment

"Its amazing what one can do, when one doesn't know what one can do." - Garfield the cat.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #102
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfingirl2000 View Post
Jill--so I guess you're moving then? I haven't been here for ages so I don't know. Are you guys buying a house or condo? Good luck with the move and the decorating. It sounds like you're very busy riight now--Yay for you.
Yupyup, we are moving! We didn't want a condo because we felt the condo fees were basically just throwing money out the window since we really don't use community amenities (like tot lots or the pool or clubhouse or whatever). We would have loved a real house, an actual single family home, but you can't really find one in our area for less than probably $350k. We're moving into a townhouse, and finding one for under $300k in the area we needed to be in (for a good commute to both our jobs) that wasn't a *ahem* handyman special was still a challenge. I never thought I'd be so excited to "only" share 2 walls with neighbors I can't WAIT to start decorating!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outland
Jill - Not sure if you'll still up around DC with the new house or not. If you need your doorsknobs and locks looked at let me know. I do that type of work and I know all the supplier in the DC metro area. I can get you just about anything you want and at my cost. An I'm cheap I take food for payment
Yup, new home is still in northern VA. We bought some cheap doorknobs at Home Depot last night to replace the broken ones on the bathroom doors. But it's nice to know someone who will work with dinner as pay since our mortgage is going to cost us WAY more than our rent!
Got down to about 185 before pregnancy;
Benjamin David born March 24, 2012, 7 pounds 11 ounces
Post-pregnancy: 206.5

Last edited by jillybean720 : 08-03-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #103
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

hello ladies, so sorry to be absent for a while, but finishing my nursing course has taken so much time...anyway just to say, weight the same, but only one more day left of my training and then I am a fully fledged registered nurse!! I am then going to start my job on the oncology ward in beg sept!!

Just to let u know I am still here, still eating pretty well and once I have finished my course want to get the pounds going downwards!!

Love to y'all xx
Old 08-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #104

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Realist: I am very sorry about your friend. That must be hard. Thank you for the concern. I feel like If I don't have the surgery I will die. I have tried everything to lose weight and the only thing that has worked is this Optifast liquid diet. Unfortunately, my insurance won't pay for it but it will pay for the surgery. Hugs to you about your friend.

Nancy: Yipee! Congrats on the -3 more pounds. You are doing great hun.

Heather: I hope you find the inspiration you need really soon to stop "snacking" I know that you can do it Heather. You have come too far to not tackle this with the same tenacity you tackled loosing weight in the first place. Hugs.

John: Congrats to you on the -1 especially after a bad day!

Luan: I am doing the Optifast liquid diet to prepare my stomach and liver for surgery. Good luck on the job interveiw for Biggest Looser! Would you be taking Carolyn's place? LOL. Hugs.

Peggy: Hope it isn't as hot for you today. It has cooled wayyyyy down here. Yesterday we were at 95 and today it is in the 80s and a lovely breeze is blowing in.

Ammi: Sorry that the weather isn't coorporating with you. Yup, I feel the same way about the house if it isn't clean and I am working out. GUILTY! lol. I do have it easier than you though because Joel doesn't work at home like Darren so I can clean while he is at work. It would annoy me if I had to clean while Joel is sitting around cause he HATES, HATES housework. lol. I figure he works enough outside of the house to get a pass on doing anything in the house as far as cleaning it. He does help me clean the high up windows every couple of months and water the house plant I have in my kitchen up on the cupboards. I am too scared to climb on chairs right now. Don't know if it will break or not.

Patti: I am so happy you are back exercising on the treadmill!

Zelma: Sorry about the pain you felt the other day. Hugs. Glad it wasn't too serious though. I think you look both amazing and beautiful just at the weight you are right now!

Catherine: You amaze me. You walked for so long, no wonder you were pooped! I am proud of you for skipping the sweet treats and sticking with the apple things at the mall! Great job.

Ideal: Yeah for loosing 30 pounds and your first 10%. I know that is such a great feeling. Wonderful job.

Battle: Sorry about your purse. I had someone try to take my purse out of my shopping cart while I was pushing the cart in Aneheim, CA by Disneyland a couple of years ago. I smacked the lady's hand away too. She kept coming back and the last time she brought a guy with her. I told her to back off or she would be really sorry. One of my sister's was with me and her 4 kids and one of my other sister's kids and they told the lady that I would mess her up. lol. I used to be quite the meanie and actually had so much anger in me that I loved to fight physically.lol. Now it just makes me laugh thinking about the stupidity that I had to "take on" people brave enough for stealing something right in front of you often times have weapons. I'm glad you didn't loose your purse or get hurt. Hugs.

Brenda: so, when is your trip again?

Ratkitten: Huge hugs for what you said about my surgery. I am nervous and I thank you for your support! Great job eating salad without the extras!

Vicki: I want a tummy tuck too when I get finished or close to finished loosing weight. My tummy is so huge right now. It is where the majority of my weigh is. I know I will definately need one. I am going to start saving now. Insurance will pay for a skin removal but not the tummy tuck part. Well, the insurance I have right now. We'll see about later on. I am happy for you. I hope you will feel tons better with it done! Hugs.

Jillybean: Welcome to owning your own house. The good so outweighs the bad in my opinion. I am happy for you hun. Hugs and try not to get too overwhelmed.

Well, I have done my exercises for the day except for riding the bike for 30 minutes. I walked over a mile today compared to my normal 1/4 mile. My walking partner quit on me so I took my niece and my dogs and we walked and walked. It was so much nicer. We stopped about 1/2 way and let my dogs swim in the river. One of them was having fun fetching pine cones. I think next time I may swim with her. lol.

My niece has met a young man that she really likes a lot and tomorrow we are going, my DH Joel, myself, Neice Lindsey and her young man, to the Gondolas in Kellog Idaho. It is a fun thing to do and I think she will enjoy it. Her young man has never been to them and so hopefully he will enjoy it too. After we get done we will be coming back here for a bar b q, (and Optifast shakes lol). I am making potato salad for them, French Bread, Asparagus with Cheese sauce, Tri Tip and fresh picked corn on the cob. They should enjoy it asnd I should enjoy them eating it. lol. I am making my hubby's favorite meal in the world, tacos, for dinner tonight. My niece is a vegetatian so she is having tofu as her "meat". Tomorrow she is having tofu dogs on the grill.

Hope you are all doing wonderful and have a great weekend that is op and filled with lots of exercise.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 08-03-2007, 05:20 PM   #105

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hi All,

Sorry no time for personals today, it's been a pretty emotional heavy day for me as I finally received my mother's ashes and a box of her possessions including a LOT of photos that I took hours going through. I just had to pop on to say that despite the stress of today I've not pigged out, AND I still did my 105 minutes of exercise. Mum wouldn't want it any other way. I'll try to catch up tomorrow.

Hugs,

Ammi

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.