Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 07:28 AM   #106  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

John~ Welcome, great story. We can ALL relate to that!

ok guys, I am up, thinking i had better get dressed, trying to figure out what to wear since today is concert day and ITS RAINING!!!!!!!! (mumbling and cursing under my breath) and yes, it means a 10hr OUTDOOR concert. Steven Tyler, you better be worth this!
Old 07-21-2007, 09:06 AM   #107  

S/C/G: tight 26/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLifeWithoutHorses View Post
My evening has been ****. I skipped the barn to take care of a friend's dog, and decided to bring her home with me so she wouldn't have to spend every minute alone. CHAOS! I know it would take her a little while to settle down, but she never stopped panting, pacing, slobbering for more than 15 seconds. Did I mention she's an 11 month old great dane, and one of the biggest danes I've ever seen, especially for a female? Thankfully, at least she comes when she's called, and IS housebroken. But good grief! I had to kennel my other dogs just because the play was out of hand. When 20 pound doxie meets monster dane, things can get dangerous.
HaHaHa Thanks for the laugh. I have a Dane (aged 3) and I can tell you that they may settle down, but they never stop drooling. Good idea to kennel the other dogs our Dane has accidentally killed other animals because she doesn't know her own strength. Mine is on the small side - 130lbs or so. Her father was the biggest dog I have ever seen, 180lbs. That's massive for a dane.

I just realized that my goal is to weight the same as my dog!
Old 07-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Outland/John -- WELCOME!! You kinda snuck in there!
Old 07-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #109  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Well, I did actually wake up this morning. I haven't felt this sore since the last time I played tackle football, but I lost 3 pounds working yesterday. If I could work like that everyday, I could be at goal weight in just a couple of months. Of course I'd also be dead, but my pall bearers would have a much easier time.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:27 PM   #110  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

"I just realized that my goal is to weight the same as my dog!" ROFL!!! That IS funny Stacy!
I just can't imagine having one of those things around all the time, tho. My friend is getting another one as soon as she gets back Monday. She met the local dog warden who told her about a 6-7 year old dane that someone dropped off. Nothing wrong with it, just an older dog, so she's going to adopt it. I love dogs, but I don't 'get' danes, even as sweet as they are. I think it's the slobbering; I'm not a fan of canine moisture. It would break my heart just to have such a short lived dog, too. And the PILES they leave in the yard! My horses hardly leave such heaps! I'm sort of a mid-sized dog person. Well, Border Collies and the like. My doxie is a standard size, and while I ADORE him, he isn't something I set out to get on purpose. I was just walking thru a flea market minding my own business, and there he was. Tiny shivering puppy. I picked him up and he snuggled against me immediately. I tucked him inside my sweater, and just couldn't ever put him down again. Of course, he went thru his wild child stage, but once their your baby....

Hi John! Nice to 'meet' ya! That sounds like a really embarassing experience. I can certainly feel for you. When I was 19-20 I had some friends in Europe that took me to an opera or something in Vienna and I wore a pretty gown that I'd brought from home. It was a HUGE thrill for me. Problem was, my friend's mom was the greatest cook in the world and made veal cutlets to DIE for. I had been eating too well, and as we arrived at the opera, the zipper on the back of my gown gave up. I wore someone's sweater over it all night (Now THERE's a lovely fashion statement) and thought I'd gotten away with SOME modesty. But I guess everyone knew because the subject came up later. How humiliating. Saying no to her cooking was difficult, but I sure started.

For today, Day Four, I seem to be doing much better than the first few days on my choices. I'll just keep it a low stress day, and shape my success for another 8-9 hours until bedtime. Today can be better than yesterday, and I have control of whether it is. Decisions. Planning. Attitude. Focus. ... OK, I got it.

Off to let The Dog out for a run. Then to the barn. At least the weather here is absolutely lovely today. I hope the sun is shining on all of you, and that you get the chance to get out and stretch your legs and soak up some rays.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #111  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

BattleAx - I can so relate to your comments about your fat making your life hard. There are so many things I worry about in every day situations in regards to my weight. It will be nice to not have to worry like that anymore.

John - Welcome to the 300+ thread! Look forward to getting to know you better.

Brenda - Have fun at your concert. I saw Aerosmith a year or so ago and they were so much fun. Although I do have to warn you that in leather pants, Steven's saggy old man butt is very apparent. He was much better in jeans.

Valerie - Hang in there with the giant doggy. My bro's GF has a great dane. I haven't met either one...the GF or the dane yet. They still live in Iowa. But I love all dogs so I am sure I will like it. Although I do totally understand your point of view on "canine moisture".

Well, not much going on here. Still waiting the arrival of the latest HP book. That is OK, I am still reading back through the previous books to refresh my memory. And I am getting ready to work out. I bought a new WATP DVD yesterday. This one is a 4 mile and last an hour. I am not sure I'll be able to do the whole thing, but the 30 minute one is getting easy so I felt like I needed to challenge myself.

Take care, everyone.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:13 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Thank you all for the welcome. I sort of just been a wall flower like I normally am. Of course once I open up I never seem to shut up lol.

I'm 29 will be 30 in Nov my short term goal is to be 330 or less by my birthday. I've been big since I can remember. Willpower is the hardest thing for me when it come to my weight and been the only thing I give up on a regular basis. So this time a round I decide I'd look for a support group that I could pull from as well as give to. So here I am.

It also doesn't help that the meds that keep me alive are also the same ones that make is easier to gain weight and harder to loose it.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

reason i am put this here is cause if your like me you have to pay extra for larger size clothing. I was in foot locker today buying new workout shoes.

They have a sale now for t-shrits 5 for 19.99 that inculdes 3X and 4X!!! 5 for 19.99

so I bought 5 4xl

wanted to share
Old 07-21-2007, 11:58 PM   #114  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody! It's good to read all your reports!

I have very limited computer access here... I made it to Missouri; yesterday was such a long day and no sleep the night before so I slept in really late this morning... very unusual for me but felt good!

Posts will be brief until I return home but wanted all of you to know I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Blessings
Sue
Old 07-22-2007, 12:20 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Meta: Hugs. I don't think I am in the 3's yet. I weighed and I was down 4 pounds yesterday. So I don't think I will make it this week. I will hopefully meet my 100 pounds though!

Catherine: Yipppppeeeee! I am so happy for you to loose another 3 pounds. That must feel awesome! Sorry you had to work so hard. Maybe things will keep moving though! Hugs.

Xena: Sorry that you are struggling. You can do it girl. I know you can. Come on and tell that body of yours that you won't be stopping this time at 25 pounds then going up nooooo wayyy. Yea for your MBA classes.

Battleax: Good luck on the flight hun. Congrats on loosing another 1 pound. You are doing so well!

John: I'm looking forward to getting to know you better! Glad to have you here. Sorry about what happened to you at the ice show. I have had many embarassing moments so I sure can relate.

Val: Hugs. Sorry your day was exasperating. Hope tomorrow is better. You can do it hun. Get back up on that exercise horse (so to speak) Come on Val. I'm rooting for you!

Heather: Yeah for your improved fitness to be able to walk so far! That is such a great feeling. I am happy for you. You are doing so well. Such an inspiration.

Leslie: Enjoy your HP book!

Brenda: Have fun at the Aerosmith concert!

Sue: Hope all is well in Missouri and glad you let us know you made it safe!

I baked Amish Friendship bread today for my DH and Niece. I put lots of goodies in it that I love and didn't even have a taste. Yeah me. lol. I have been working out lots and I am so tired today. I feel like I am really working my tail off. lol. Hopefully literally!

Don't know if I will be posting tomorrow or not, I have a busy day planned but I wanted to say

Brenda and Ammi: Happy, Birthday to you guys! I hope your day is amazing!!!!

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 07-22-2007, 09:19 AM   #116  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

BattleAx - I had meant to ask you on my last post to tell me a little more about your MBA experience. How long did it take you to finish? The program I am doing can be done in 3 years if you do 2 classes per semester, including summers. It is my goal to stick with that but I could see where as you get farther into it it could become more and more difficult to keep up that pace. I don't want to make myself miserable by taking on too much but I also don't want to string it out for years and years. Any advice you have is appreciated!

Happy Birthday to Brenda and Ammi. I hope you are both enjoying your days!

I am getting ready to walk my little dog. I am really feeling under the weather but I feel bad I haven't walked him in awhile because of the heat. So I want to get our there early before it gets too hot. Anyway, I have a horrible sinus headache and an infection, I think. It seems to have moved into my ears as they are goopy and painful. Oh well. Out for a 30 minute walk and I can rest the remainder of the day.

Take care, everyone.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #117  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRENDA AND AMMI

Brenda - I hope you had a great time at the concert yesterday!

I got online this morning for awhile to wake up a bit before getting back to Harry Potter. I probably won't finish it this weekend since I have a bunch of other things to do, so then I will have to be really careful not to accidentally hear any spoilers from anyone.

I took a lovely walk yesterday evening around my area. The weather was perfect (mid 80's, breeze, low humidity). Here is a pic of what I saw when I got down to the water. This is the Long Island sound on the Connecticut side.

It made me want to get out and walk more. It felt really good not only to be outside but to get to know the area where I live better.

I did a big part of my grocery shopping yesterday (Trader Joe's) and need to also go to a regular store today for a few things. I really need to get back to bringing my lunch to work rather than getting the salad bar from the cafeteria both for cost issues and control. I avoid anything with pasta, rice, etc. but I have no idea how much oil they put on things. Probably more than I think.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:19 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick pop-in -- I finished Harry Potter, but "life" beckons!

Happy birthday Brenda and Ammi!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:48 AM   #119  

Height: 5'6"

Morning All! Its a new week and you know what that means...a new thread!!

Stop posting here.

Please come on over to 300+ And Ready to Try Again #1116
Closed Thread