Old 07-12-2007, 04:36 PM   #1  
I Will Be Half of Me

S/C/G: 313/312/150 or below

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Lost 8 pounds, found them again!!!! ARGG

I started SBD on June 6th, lost 8lbs in 2 weeks, and now I'm back PAST WHERE I STARTED!!!

Went to see family in another state for 4th of July and went crazy, but I'm a little frustrated b/c my Dr. tells me I can't have kids until I lose weight. If that's not motivation, what is?!?!?!?!

I "know" I can do this, but I'm not sure if I will. That's not very positive self-talk, I know, but I've never made it before. I'm so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand being "this size" anymore. I'm in size 28, the highest size sold at LB, FB, etc., and they're tight! I just want to get to a 16, maybe 14... someone help me!
Heather Blue Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #2  
300+ Chick

Dear Heather...Hang in there.. Each day is a new beginning! Keep plugging along. I also can't have kids due of pcos/and now fibriods..and do know about frustration...Don't give up, which I see your determination in you.. You can do it and that pesky gain will return into a much great loss.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I am the same way. I would give anything just to be a 14 or 18. Last year i started at 284, i lost down to 247, gained most of it back and now i am at 260. So basically in one year i have lost 14 pounds. That is rediculous. But it seems i am constantly gaining back what i have worked so hard to lose.

Just look at it this way. You may have gained all your progress back, but at least you caught it before it was more. I have done that many times. Lost 20 and gained 40. So at least that is a step forward. You are starting to catch it BEFORE you gain more than you lost. That may not sound like a big deal, but it was a big deal to me. So even though i have just lost 14 pounds in a year. I would rather lose 14 than gain 14 from where i was last year.

So just buckle down and ask yourself, if you dont do anything, where will you be in a year? Then ask yourself where do you want to be in a year? Where could you be in a year? You could definately be at that size 18 in a year. Lets do it. I am on board with you. I want to be in a size 18 in a year.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #4  

Hi Heather!

We are the same height and I can literally say...I have been where you stand now (and heavier). You CAN do this...you just have to decide you want to be healthier than you want the junk. I made that decision this past February. I have gained and lost so many lbs over the years and this time is different. I am not "dieting"...if I want something...I have it and get back on plan as soon as possible. Its just a matter of establishing some new habits and if I can do it...YOU can do it!

Post and read here. These chickies are THE BEST!! I read more than I post, but I am here every day.

Read the weekly threads as that is where the most action is.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there Heather. At a mere 5 feet tall my bmi was actually 6 whole points higher then yours, so pound for pound, inch for inch I was actually heavier then you. So, yes I've been where you are. I was wearing the largest sizes at the plus sizes stores ONLY if they were full cut, otherwise they were just too tight. I am now shopping at junior sized stores and of course regular sized stores, wearing mostly size 4's, and extra smalls. So, I can tell you this in all honesty - it CAN be done.

I was the world's worst binger and inactive person you can imagine. And then one day I said - enough. This just can't continue. I couldn't go on being that miserable and inactive any longer. I couldn't take the worries that were constant in my head about all the added risks for disease I was putting myself at. I couldn't take settling for second best anymore when first was well within my reach. I just finally made the "decision" that I didn't want to be fat any more. I know it sounds crazy, but that's what it boiled down to for me. I realized that it WAS within my power. It WAS within my control. If I really, really, REALLY didn't want to be fat, well then helloooo.... I DIDN'T HAVE TO BE. I realized that giving up the high quantity/high calorie food had to be easier then being morbidly obese. And I was right. Losing weight was hard. But nowhere near as difficult as being morbidly obese. Not even close. This has been the most rewarding, life altering experience I have ever had. I hadn't a clue that being thin would feel this marvelous. And the whole time it was there waiting for me. I just had to "decide" to get there.

Please know that without a doubt you CAN do this. It IS doable - and therefore you CAN do it. Good luck to you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 PM   #6  

Hey, I hear ya... This is the longest I have every stuck with a diet, or with exercise on a consistent basis. Lord knows I have tried a billion times before this, failed, and gained MORE than I started with in the first place. I topped out at 340lbs. I was scared. So I started dieting, working out, and lost 20 lbs. Then I gave up, thought it was taking too long, didn't want to keep busting my butt, and gained half of it back. And here I am. Struggling every single day. Constantly reminding myself why I have to do this. Sometimes someone else telling you you have to lose weight isn't what you need. It has to come from you. Your decision, your motivation, your determination. Do this for you, not because your doctor said you should. Not because you want to be pregnant right now. Do it because you know how much better you are going to feel, inside and out. Because you will be healthier. Because you can do this. And then, once you have that all set, you can start preparing for pregnancy. Until you take care of yourself, how can you take care of anything else? Especially a little baby who will need you in every way. You can do this for you! And you have so many people here cheering you on.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:30 AM   #7  
Going around again

S/C/G: 289/249/140

Height: 5'5"

Wow, I agree with everyone about finding your internal motivation, deciding to go for it, and just giving yourself some space to live and be happy and healthy with the journey.

One of the major motivations for me is also the decision to have children. I am over 30 now, so it was a now or never situation. Also, I frankly just got tired of being fat. It's exhausting, physically and emotionally.

Now, I look at it like diabetes. I wouldn't ever work at getting diabetes under control, then just forget about it. Once I had it under control, I would still monitor my blood sugar, my health, etc. That's sort of how I see losing weight .... the losing it part is the attempt to get it under control. But it doesn't ever end ... it just becomes a part of our lives.

So if you think long term .... if you think of it being just the way your life is and being a treatment of an illness ... it will be easier to handle.
MoragMunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:30 AM   #8  

I also need to lose weight before it will be possible for me to have a child, and like you said, you'd think that would be motivation. Instead, for me, it sent me into depression, but I'm dragging myself out and doing much better. Just out of curiosity, why did your doctor say that? Do you have a diagnosis of infertility or is that an opinion?

I had relatives here for the 4th and it was just easier to eat what they were offering than cause tension by asking for different things. Family and holiday gatherings happen and it's not always easy to make the best choices. I think it's great that you are taking responsibility and doing what you can to get back on track!
peaceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

I know exactly what you mean. I also knew "how" to do it, but didn't know if I could or would. I think if my weight had remained stable then I would have just given up and been fat forever. But it kept going up and up and up...

I was 39 and decided I wanted to be fitter when I turn 50 than when I turned 40. A long term goal.

For me, the hard part was the "cheating". Yes, I was on a plan, but I'd have a cookie or a brownie... This time around, I'd look at the brownie and say "Is that worth it? Is that going to get me to my goal?" Saying NO to the brownie was saying YES to a new life.

I won't say it's easy. It's not. In fact, lately it's been a lot harder (though, I'm down over 100 pounds, so life is much easier!). But I still think every single day about these goals. I don't make perfect choices, but I make better ones.

You know, you don't have to fully believe in yourself right at this moment. But that doesn't mean you can't start! What's holding you back do you think???
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn View Post
I don't make perfect choices, but I make better ones.
YES! This is exactly what I am striving for.. better choices in water consumption, exercise and eating. I am on the disabled list for exercise for the next few days due to a minor mishap (had new feet for the day). It will not stop me from making better choices in all areas!!!

Luv,
Ratkity
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #11  
I Will Be Half of Me

S/C/G: 313/312/150 or below

THANKS LADIES!!!!!

I'm so motivated! I'm going to print your comments (bored at work and post them around my cube, next to my debit card (it's like a portkey to all things TRASH!!!), and my heart!

I have been diagnosed with PCOS since I was 18. I'm 26, and I've been married for a year. I'm so excited about having children, and I won't allow my weight, the thing that has kept me back for so long, keep me from this dream! The threat and reality of health issues, low self-esteem, and being uncomfortable in my own skin hasn't been a big enough motivator yet, but not having children? That's where I draw the line!

Well, I weighed myself this morning, and since I'm back on the diet since Monday, I've lost 4 pounds! So, I'm going to keep on doing what I'm doing, and press on. Last night I took my hardworking husband to dinner and I had a crabmeat casserole, sauteed green beans and grilled brocolli with a glass of red wine. I felt great afterwards and I knew it was a little bit of a splurge, but I didn't feel quilty. And today, it's back at it!

Thanks for all of your support. I was having a pretty bad day yesterday, but Friday the 13th... feels great!!!!!!

Be Blessed,
Heather Blue Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #12  

Awesome job! Keep up the good work!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote