Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 07:45 AM   #16  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Brenda... good for you for confessing. Glad you are getting back OP right away! We don't want to have to dig out that icon now, so get back with it
Old 07-03-2007, 09:05 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!

Well, I had another whirlwind of a weekend!! Sammi had her annual Dance Recital Thursday (dress rehearsal), Friday and Saturday. Then on Sunday, the director had a bar-b-q for some of the girls and their families. Oh, and by the way...Scott passed his road test on Friday!!! I am having palpatations ever since!!

So now all the running around is over and life can slow down a little bit. I am still doing the jump in and out of the car exercise, but until I go back to the foot Dr. on the 11th, that's about it. I am trying to stay OP as best I can, but it is SOOOOOOOOOO difficult being home with the food an arms length away (did I tell you we live in a really small house??)
I didn't WI this week because I actually forgot to , and when I finally realized on Sat, I had already eaten breakfast. I also had gotten my TOM after 45 days(sheesh), so I will just wait until Thursday to be official. ()

Annie: I LOVE the new picture! You are so pretty! My backyard pool is still freezing, so I am looking foward to a little warmer weather to get in it. I definately think it is the best exercise!!! Have fun with your niece!!

Nancy: You must be so happy in your new place. Best of luck with it!

Catherine: I was thinking of you last night while I was doing "bed-ups", since that's about all I can do. I can't imagine doing as many as you can though! 50 was my limit!! (stop laughing!!) I agree with Annie...maybe up the calories a little...it sounds so weird, but sometimes it works! Maybe if you hang the scale out the window it might get the hint!!!

Sue: Wow...you are sure up early!! I thought I got up with the birds at 6!(trust me, it's not my choice, but I can never sleep past it anymore! )

That's all for me now because my head is banging due the storms comming tommorow...I am a human barometer!

Have a Great OP Day!!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #18  

I just posted some Graduation pics...sorry they are so big, but I am still figuring it all out!!

ENJOY!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Donna, wow your son looks so much like his grandad!! I had to double-check!!!!lol, btw they're both GREAT looking fellas!!!! Your mum looked like she was just about to tell you off!!! I hope she wasn't!xxxxx
Well it's my 8th wedding anniversary & I really don't know if we'll make it to the 9th, we had a massive row & steve threw his dinner on the floor, then said some truly awful things, I won't go into detail but I don't know if I can ever forgive him, if he feels that way why does he stay married to me? Anyway..to cut it short I had some wine, a cry & I'm eating chocolate now too! I KNOW I should be OP but I'm just not up to it today at all. I feel like my marriage is a sham & he regrets meeting me. Odly enough it wasn't about my weight, that he got at me but about my spending! I only buy new clothes when the old ones are worn out or too big/small & can't be altered. I never ask for money for new electrical stuff unless it's broken, so what am I supposed to do?
Sorry for the moan, but I've felt so low last night & today I've just read a book to take my mind away from it all.
I hope everyone is well & staying OP, Misti, BRILLIANT that the girl is getting a flashy scooter, I hope she continues to recover. xxxxxAnnie, you put me to shame, all that exercise! & **WTG** on losing that PHENOMENAL anount of weight, can't wait (lol) til I'm back on liquids.xxxxxx Valerie WHERE ARE YOU?xxxxxx Brenda, hope you're feeling good & staying OP.xxxxx Nancy, glad you got moved in safely, wish I could give you a bottle of bubbly to house warm your new home.xxxxx
gotta go & see how the boys are doing, oh on the TERROR attack thing, personally I'm in a tiny town so I don't worry too much, though I wish they'd instigate the death penalty or send them back to where they came from, but if they are Brits send them to Iraq/Afganistan, whichever Muslim state they like, they might then learn that the Koran teaches nothing but love, nowhere does it say to kill inocent people.
love,
xxxsharon
Old 07-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Sharon -- When you're done with the chocolate (throw it away if you can ), do some kind of exercise where you can really get out your aggressions. That's what I do now when hubby and I have a row! Marriages really do have their ups and downs and I wish you luck in resolving your situation...
Old 07-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Mornin',
So many posts on here so early! Everyone's bright eyed and bushy tailed, I see.

Story: I hope you find out why the tenderness around the port. It's great you got in the 40 minute walk too, sure sucks when you want to keep going but can't because of the body, but just think how much energy we're all going to have once we lose our weight. My DIl is suppose to go in for the lapband surgery on the 27th but I worry for her because she has not made an attempt to lose the 20lbs she needs to lose before surgery. I'm afraid she won't fair very well afterwards either because she loves food too much. I just hope she can manage it. What happens when they do the fill? Does it make it smaller or larger? Just curious, so don't mind me.

Catherine: Just keep stickin' with the plan and it will start falling off of you! Sometimes the body just needs to adjust.
And don't worry about me. I'm taking care of myself and everyone else...lol. The dogs are really needy because they used to be in a cage all day while the kids were at work, so they don't have any manners as of yet, but we're teaching them. Thanks for your concern though

Annie: OMG!!! Congrats on the BIG weight loss!!! I bet you were flying high when you jumped off the scale. That's just wonderful!!! Keep it up!
Yes I love that show!!! I watch that one and the one about the obesity clinic and it helps me to stay OP because I don't want to have to go thru what they are going thru.

Sue: Oh the terrible plateaus. I just hate them. Hopefully after the body has adjusted, many pounds will fall off of you so don't give up!!

Sharon:Sorry to hear things aren't going well with the hubby. I hope you can work things out. It's so hard to be OP and have turmoil in your life but just hang in there, better days will come.

As for me, I'm off to go get water. We have well water and its so full of rust we have to put bleach in it and I refuse to drink it. WE go thru about 15 gallons a week now. That's just for cooking, drinking and watering the animals.
I still haven't gotten my butt in gear with IE but still doing mowing, weeding, and the such so I don't sit around as much.
Everyone have a great day!!
Debbie
Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sue: Hope you have a great day and that soon those pounds melt off you.

Brenda: Good job getting on the tread mill and caring what you are doing. You have made lots of positive changes and it is amazing!

Donna: Even getting out of the cars is exercise when you are my size. Hugs. Your son is a doll!Thanks for the Avatar compliments.

Sharon: Huge hugs to you my friend. I'm so sorry that you spent your anniversary arguing. I hope things work out for you real soon.

Off to swim. Walked almost a mile in 20 minutes today. I am so happy from 10 minutes last week a couple of times 15 to 20 minutes now. Yea!

Blessings all,
annie
Old 07-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Debbie54: I watch the obesity clinic one and it always makes me jump on my bike again. Good motivation!

Blessings,
annie
Old 07-03-2007, 02:10 PM   #24  

Sharon: I am sorry you had a lousy anniversary! BIG to you!!!!
I don't know if you know who Dennis Leary is, but he is a comedian/actor here that sings a song in his stand-up act that is titled "I'm an A$$hole"...whenever I have a fight with Doug, that song runs through my head. It really helps!! (And my mom was just being her usual judgemental self about some of the partygoers!! My son has some friends with moppy looking hair )

Debbie and Annie: I also watch that show. It is a great motivator for me. I don't want to have to be in that situation, and it is a definate possibility if I don't keep working hard. It does make me cry, though.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:08 PM   #25  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Hello Ladies!

I'm in a blah mood today, not sure why, and fighting the urge to stuff my face. Why is it always so hard to get back on the wagon after falling off? I haven't been around as much either and I think that's been a factor. Coming here regularly and chatting with you all is really a strong motivator for me, I'm finding.

I feel like I'm so far behind in what's going on with everyone, but I'll try my best to catch up going forward.

Annie, you are just doing so awesome with the exercise and getting those pounds off. I'm so very proud of you and I imagine you are quite proud of yourself as well - as you should be! Thanks for the kick in the butt that I asked for last week - it has helped. And I love your new avatar pic - you are so pretty and look very happy! I hope you have a great visit with your niece.

Meta, I think you will find that you can do a lot more than you thought you could! And that's great about the school thing, too - I hope it all works out for you.

cdncatlover, congrats on losing another 3.1 pounds!

Debbie, on losing another 3lbs - you are so close to meeting your 2nd ticker goal!

Nancy, glad to hear you are all moved and settling into your new home. Have you met any of your neighbors yet?

Story, I hope the tenderness is nothing major and that you're feeling completely back to yourself soon. Have you looked at the nutritional info for the no-sugar-added fudgesicles? I'm not sure what the carb count is on those, but I love them when I want a chocolaty treat.

Catherine, you are a stronger woman than I, for sure. I'd have flung that scale out the nearest window by now. Are you noticing any differences in your body otherwise? Glad to hear you had a good Canada Day.

Brenda, good for you for getting back OP and back to the gym.

Donna, your son is so cute! I love the t-shirt he's wearing in those photos. You and your mom look like you're getting into it in that photo, don't you just love how cameras have such a knack for capturing those types of scenes? Even (or especially) when they're not actually happening!

Sharon, I'm sorry your anniversary turned out not to be a good one. I hope you can talk with him and work past it. Stress will do awful things to a relationship.

OK, I'm off to figure out what to do for supper.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:17 PM   #26  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Story – There are a few sugar free items – but not by Skinny Cow. I think Eskimo and Klondike do sugar free ones that are fairly low carb. Also possibly Blue Bunny? I don’t watch carbs, but I know I have seen them

Catherine – That is very frustrating that your scale isn’t moving. How about other measurements?

Annie – Another 15 pounds is absolutely fantastic!!! You are just doing so well. You are getting so close to the 300’s!

Misti – Those pounds have to go! I hope they stop being so darn stubborn.

Brenda – Sorry to hear you had a rough couple of days, but good for you for kicking them and getting back on plan.

Donna – Congratulations to your son on his graduation. You must be so proud.

Sharon - :hugs: I am so sorry that you and your dh had such a bad row about money – especially on your anniversary. Perhaps you could try going to a money counselor? Maybe there is something going on with his job or something that he hasn’t told you that is making him super nervous about supporting the family and he is in turn taking it out on you. It must be so hard not having your own spending money and to have to get everything from your dh.

Debbie – Gardening is a great workout.

Lesley – Yes - I have met the other neighbors in the house. Tim lives on the first floor with his dog (can’t remember his name) and Carole lives in the basement with her dog Lad. They both seem very nice and laid back and have both been living here for many, many years.

The unpacking is going pretty well. I have the kitchen completely done now. I do have some things I need to buy, but that can wait til the weekend. The bedroom is getting close, except I have to put up a bar in the closet to hang things on. After the disaster I had trying to hang the blinds this afternoon I think I am going to wait and get help with those. I like to think that I am handy with a drill, but it is wishful thinking. I completely messed up the blinds, so a friend is coming over to help me out with them tonight.

I had stopped tracking my calories and had been going by “feel” and that is over as of Sunday, as that is obviously not working. So far so good. I hope to make it to Trader Joe’e tomorrow before they close (early for the holiday). I also think I might try to wander over to the LI Sound, which is actually pretty close to where I live, to see if I can see any fireworks tomorrow evening.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #27  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Heather-I think you are right about the scale, and I have experience in dealing with wayward ones. I’m trying to decide whether to throw it under a bus, or use my new sledge hammer. I’m not afraid of doing wet work.

Annie-You are going to lap me before long. I will try to increase my calories and see if that works. I’ve tried that before, and it didn’t help last time. I’ve cut, I’ve added, I’ve have tried everything. I have never been at such a loss since the 18 month plateau.

Brenda-Sometimes these slips happen just to remind us not to get complacent. You can get right back on the horse.

Peggy-We are on the ground floor, so hanging them out the window wouldn’t be very scary. Did you ever see the episode of King of the Hill where Peggy got a hold of a “flat Stanley?” I think I may try that. I’m going to do a whole series of pictures of this scale in compromising positions. That would make a great center fold for my book.

Sharon-There are times in life that chocolate is just necessary. I’ll keep you in my prayers.

Lesley/Nancy-My body has not changed at all. I’m very cognizant of changes because of making my own clothes. There hasn’t been an inch of change. I could spit blood.

I’m off to make dinner. Sole since that is what was on sale. Guess I’ll serve it with artichokes over shredded cabbage. Then it is homework time.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #28  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Catherine - sorry about that stubborn plateau. I admire your sticktoitiveness though! Evenutally the weight will start moving again. Hang in there.
Nancy - Sounds like you are getting settled in, both getting your apartment fixed up and meeting neighbors. Your talking about going to LI for fireworks makes me envy you living so close to NYC. It's a dream destination of mine. I've never been there and I so want to go. I'd love to spend at least a week there.

As for me, it's the start of a long weekend. I don't go back to work until Monday. Nothing too exciting planned. Was supposed to go see fireworks tonight but they got rained out. I am meeting two different friends for lunch, one on Thurs, one on Friday. Sat I am going to a comedy club with the dining group I am trying to be active in. I haven't done anything with them in a while. I feel a bit self-conscious being so big. I am trying my hardest not to let that deter me from meeting new people though. Sometimes it takes alot of courage though.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 PM   #29  

Height: 5'8.5"

Woo hoo Xena I am off until Monday too and already enjoying it! We got off two hours early today unexpectedly... I thought I was going to have to work late even! Yay!

Oh and if any of you who are planning to do bad things to your scales would like to have another one donated, I would be glad to contribute mine.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:08 PM   #30  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Sharon - I'm so sorry that you and your hubby had such a horrible fight, especially on your anniversary. Just remember, when people are mad, they say things they don't mean. Eight years means a lot and I'm sure he is not willing to throw that away. Give him time and then try to talk it out. I know that hurt your feelings. Don't worry about the chocolate! Chocolate can do wonders for your attitude. Hang in there and feel free to email me or PM me if you want to talk. I have been there too!

Lisa
Closed Thread