Old 06-26-2007, 11:22 AM   #31  

hello Ammi
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi Patti, sent you an email, hope all is well and am glad to see you posting again even if I'm in lurk mode

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Lilion, I live between Derby & Nottingham, we live half-way up a VERY big, steep hill. The small town below us is segmented by the Derwent canal & often floods, they were sand-bagging around all the shops last night, 'just in case'. We DELIBERATLEY lived on a hill, no floods for us! Thanks for the concern though. I wondered where you were, have you been ill or just busy? How's the renactment/fayre thing going?xxxxxxx
Ammi, glad you aren't flooded out either!xxxxxxx
xxxsharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:11 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

OOOOOO I'm miffed. I went to my weigh in last night and I am UP 6 pounds! I asked how in the heck can I be up any when I haven't cheated and I have exercised like crazy. It is determined by the report that prints I am up 3 pounds of muscle and 3 pounds of water again probably due to premenstral. I am better today after being upset last night. I decided to fight and not give up!

I have gone to the Orthodontist at 7 am then went to my walking buddies house and did my walking at the park. Now off to do abs, bike and swim today.

I hope you are all op and doing wonderful.

Lilion glad to see you again.

Sharon: Glad you are on a hill and safe

Ammi: Hugs

Catherine: that plate sounds cool

Misti: Yep it feels good to exercise.

Motivated: Yipee to you on a size 24!

Donna: I think it is the aliens. lol.

Well hugs to everyone and have a great day.

Blessings,
Annie
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #35  

Height: 5'6"

Annie - Girlfriend, I am NOT surprised that you put on 3 lbs of muscle! Silly you! Your exercise lists are exhausting to me just to read, let alone DO! Keep up your good work. You are just doing so GREAT!!

I have a NSV! Today at work, a ring that I had made two years ago and that I wear on my right ring finger, was literally falling OFF!! A co-worker said "Time to either resize or find a different finger for that ring". It can now fit on my right middle finger! I was SHOCKED!! I also was able to take off my wedding and engagement rings this AM for the first time in YEARS!! They are not loose by any stretch, but they won't have to cut them off if I needed to remove them as they would have earlier this year.

I mentioned in the Exercise thread that I finally tried Dance Dance Revolution last night. WOW. First off, I am not really good at it , but I was better at the end than at the beginning. I will get better I am sure. Also, I only did 15 mins and I was was working up a good sweat. I can see me using this as an exercise method. Its kinda fun.

I am on my 2nd week of an increased amount of thyroid meds and I feel much better. I am no longer feeling like an extra from the Dawn of the Dead movies. I still have to go back in 6-8 weeks for a re-check. No biggie. I want to get this under control.

I am meeting some friends tonight for dinner at Applebees and already have my choice made. LOL! Hubby says I "overplan", but he is so darn proud of my changes I have made so far that he doesn't kid me about it too much. A very smart man!

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day chickies. It is really HOT today. Thank goodness for my air conditioned office job...did I mention I am not a fan of the heat?

Be well everyone!!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #36  

Annie dont you just hate those nasty scales? i do!
Ammi i am mostly in lurking mode too!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #37  

Sharon and Ammi, glad you are both fine. Sharon, I live on a hill too, on purpose. I live in a riverfront town.

Annie, don't you worry about those lbs. Everyone has them from time to time but they DO go away again.

I've been really busy...trying to lurk but not posting much even over on Old Hen's. June is crazy time for me. Work is really busy. I worked thru my "vacation" taking two, 3-day weekends instead of the 9 days in a row I was supposed to have. I still haven't gotten the bath remodled. I've been working on the garden (waiting for my ripe veggies!) and we had the renfaire last weekend! It was a success as far as I can tell - I'm too busy to really enjoy it myself. But we got over $4,200 in paid attendance (at $1 per person over 3) and with the toddlers and sneak-in's counted we think the final tally was closer to 6000 patrons. (In a single, six-hour day) It's finally over, but we have a wrap-up meeting in two weeks and this coming weekend I am doing a medieval demo for a children's camp. It's a special camp for the children of service men and women in the Middle East. Maybe after that I can get back on track. Last visit to the dr. showed my weight up a tad...but not enough to worry about just yet.

to everyone!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #38  

*waves at Torister/Peggy*

I tried DanceDance Revolution last night too!! It took a bit for me navigate around the Xbox stuff. I had 2 controllers attached and it defaulted to the handheld one several times. After fussing with the system, I got it going. The basic edition was start and stop, but I got pretty good grades. The master edition quest mode was HARD, even in beginner. Still I had a great time.

Let me know how you are doing on it!!!

Luv,
Ratkity
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:38 PM   #39  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Sue-I knew we were meant to be together when I saw that he stored books in his oven. It didn’t work, and he needed the storage space. We don’t do that now of course. He was a man in desperate need of a woman’s attention, and as a proper Southern woman, I am convinced that all men would be unfed and unkempt without a woman looking after them.

Motivated-getting into smaller sizes is great isn’t it. I expected my clothes to get bigger, but I didn’t expect my pant legs to get longer, and my shoe size to go down. That was really weird. I lost 2 shoe sizes. I’ve gone back up one now since I’ve been walking so much, but it is still weird.

Meta-In AA they teach people that in order to keep it, you have to give it away. Your being willing to share your discouragement allows us to offer something in return that will in fact help us too.

Donna-Well I don’t know about you, but I could definitely eat ribs and cake everyday, that ‘s what’s wrong with me. The only kind of alien that I’d like to have right now is a tapeworm one.

Jewell-I used to like Boca burger/veggie burger on whole wheat pita, or tuna. Salad is good, as is some brands of soup. Tofu dog with sour kraut on a whole grain bun. Make a list of 5 that you like, and tape it to the fridge, and he can go down the list. It is great that he is being supportive. That makes a big difference.

Ammi-Glad to hear you are okay. The way the weather is changing world-wide, you can probably expect hurricanes next.

Annie-At least they can tell you that it is water and muscle. The not knowing is harder. You can’t let “it” win by giving up. We are the Fatchicks, and we are tougher that “it” is!

Peggy-Tell him that it is better to overplan than to be overwhelmed. I was thinking about a Wii as exercise, but DDR sounds just as fun, and probably easier to get my hands on. The thing that got me the most about my thyroid being bad was losing my hair and having my skin itch all the time. This is the first time I have been able to grow my hair long in my entire adult life. Kind of nice and girly at the same time.

We have an appraiser coming over this afternoon. Now that I’m legal, we can refinance the mortgage at a lower rate. At least I know about this one. The first one that came over himself let in while I was still in bed. I realize that he is a bit thick about things, but I explained very gently to him if he ever let a strange man into our bed room while I was asleep and undressed again that he would probably regret it for the rest of his verrrrry short life. My mom used to say that’s why God invented cast iron skillets.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:52 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Peggy: Yeah about your ring! Wonderful job planning your meal at Applebees before you go. Nothing like trying to figure out the calories on something only to eat it and come home and it was wayyyy off. I'm proud of you!

Patti: Yep, I do hate scales. It takes everything I have not to toss my two I have to weigh on. LOL.

Lilion: Wow, you are a busy little bee my friend. LOL.

Catherine: I was LOL at your hubby letting someone in while you were sleeping, especially an appraiser that will have to come into your room.lol. Sounds like something my sweetie would have done in the "early years" of our marriage. You go girl, train him up right! I hear ya on not giving up. I was watching a program last night on TLC about a nursing home type place for super morbid obese and there was a man there that had been there for 7 years I think and he actually has gained 300 or 400 pounds since being in there. I was first very critical of him and then I just repremanded myself and said,"Annie but for the grace of God you could be in his position". I just am so amazed at how we allow ourselves to get to our size and what it is driving us there. I am determined to WIN this battle and have my body back so I can be relatively healthy and move easier.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:36 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 340/338/199

Height: 5'5"

Default Just waving "hi" again!

Still a newbie here, but wanted to say hello and congrats to those who are already having successful weeks...and "Hang in there" vibes to those who need them!

So far it's been a good week for me, food-wise. This is a victory because it's been a STRESSFUL week....yet I have not caved into the temptation to binge or self-comfort with food. My grandmother had surgery almost two weeks ago, and has basically been an invalid since she got home. Yesterday and today, I had to go take care of her for several hours while my mom took a break. Let me just say that my hat is off to nurses everywhere for the hard...and sometimes nauseating...work they do! My back is killing me this evening. We're trying to get a visiting nurse to come in until Grandma recovers more of her strength.

I have not gotten much exercise this week...just one 20-minute yoga session on DVD, and a short walk. I know I need to move more, but waiting on my grandma is draining...I just want to take a nap til DH gets home! LOL

Anyway, that's my week so far. Hope everyone is doing well!
mamamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 455/435/150

Height: 5'5

Hi there ladies,

I hope everyone is having a great start to their weeks..

Your messages give me such inspiration and a giggle along the way as well..

I have lost another 5 pounds this week.. Thats a total of 22 wow, I can hardly believe it.. Its a short step in my very long journey but hey I will take it!

Rochelle
babyblueangeleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:52 PM   #43  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Hi All~

Looks like everyone is doing great so far this week. I am doing fabulously over here. I was given the okay from my doctor to go ahead and start back to exercising slowly, so I will be out walking on Thursday, guess I will still have a few minutes to add to my goal for this month.

I also had an appointment with my WLS this afternoon for a fill, however, I didn't actually need to have my band filled. I was actually really happy about that because I was not looking forward to having a needle stuck in my stomach. I have been losing about 2 pounds a week which is what they want and I am feeling full without having to eat more than a little bit, so they are going to see how I do for the next couple of weeks and then decide if a fill is needed then. And for whatever reason, my acid reflux has started acting up, so I will be having to take Pepcid for awhile to see if that helps, but you know, I am not complaining.

My week has been crazy so far and thank God, after tomorrow it will be calming down and I can get back into my exercise routine. For the first time in my life I can honestly say that I miss my morning walks.

Anyway, I don't want to make this any longer, so I hope ya all have a great rest of the week.

PS ~ It is official...my scale here at home adds 4 pounds to my weight.

Last edited by TheStorySoFar; 06-26-2007 at 08:02 PM.
TheStorySoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:05 PM   #44  

Hi, I'm Jenni. I'm new here. I'm 38, and last time I weighed I was at about 362, the biggest I've ever been. I'm ready to get healthy. I'm using Spark People to log my calories and exercise. I just started going to the pool for water aerobics twice a week. Looking forward to making new friends. I also want to get fit so that I can get pregnant for the first time, SOON!
healthymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:05 PM   #45  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-When I feel like giving up, I go back and read the clippings I have cut out over the last 5 years. The one I go to is the lady in Florida who had stayed on the couch so long she became fused to it. They had to take her out on the couch to remove it at the hospital on a flat bed truck. I’ve had horrible scenes in my head about that story, and a couple days ago for a story about a special EMS team in Calgary, they actually showed the news footage of that woman that I’d never seen before. Calgary got a new ambulance with a lift that can hold up to 1000 lbs. and this kind of air bladder system for lifting someone off the ground or bed to put them on the special stretcher. They were talking about trying to maintain a person’s dignity, and the TV ran footage of this large woman laying on a couch being loaded onto this trailer that looked like it could have taken a bulldozer on it. I’m sure that must be footage of the Florida woman. In my book I talk about it hoping that she was unconscious, but if this was her, she was awake, covered just with a sheet, and everyone in the neighborhood was out gawking at her. That could easily have been me. I don’t know how long it will take for me to get that sight out of my mind. Maybe I should be grateful to have seen it.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote