Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 07:22 AM   #61  
peace out

S/C/G: 318.4/289/145

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!

Motivated74 - Welcome!

Catherine - Wow! Congrats to your hubby! You are brave taking on the sewing of a gown for the event. I sew...but have NEVER even considered making someting so elaborate. I'm more of a quilt/Halloween costume kind of sewer.

Not much to report here today. My hair ...well, let's just say it is not nearly as much of a change as I was hoping for. Most of the red is gone, but now it's just a dark brown with little to no highlights. Tim didn't even notice...LOL! Some of you may say that's a man for ya', but my hair is usually the one thing he DOES notice so that tells me it doesn't look so different after all! I think I may just bite the bullet and have my hairdresser take a whack at it next time. I've always done it on my own but maybe now is the time to surrender to a pro! I'll just have to wait a few weeks to I don't overprocess it and have it all fall out.

Hope you all have a great op day!

Cris
Old 06-22-2007, 07:44 AM   #62  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls
I am having a pretty bad day. Or two days I guess

One of my dearest friends found out about a month ago that she had a tumor growing on her spinal cord. She had her surgery yesterday and it didnt go very well. They almost lost her a few times and as far as I know, is still not breathing on her own. I was awake pretty much all night cause that was all I could think about. Put that in the pot with TOM and my meltdown from yesterday morning ( i was late for work cause I literally had NOTHING that fit me... in the good way but I was still a wreck!) and now I am on my way for my weigh in which I am sure will show up and I am trying to keep my head above water...

Anyhow, that is my rant for today... Nothing much else to report. I'll be back around to report WI results...
Old 06-22-2007, 08:29 AM   #63  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Brenda, I SO hope & pray that your friend will recover and breath on her own soon. I'm sorry too about your meltdown, but could you imagine when you started this challenging journey that being so much smaller would be the problem in fitting clothes? I hope you can go shopping soon!

MOTIVATED74 - WELCOME!

ANNIE, I knew the beef story was about your dad, but your DH has been so supportive, making sure you could stay on your Medi-fast. That's awesome that you have a partner so committed who cares about you so much. You SO totally rock for the progress you've made!

WYLLENN, Loved the link, and even saved it to a file where I keep a few special posts.

NANCY, I'm so glad things are falling in to place for you. This past year has been so stressful for you. I'm very glad you're moving on with your good credit intact, and promise of better things lighting the way.

Gotta get to work, and I have to spray my liquid fence around my garden before I go. I think that stuff is working great, because my spinach and everything is coming up great! The varmints haven't leveled all my plants since I've been using it. The carrots are a lost cause tho, and who knows if I'll get ANY broccolli. Boo-hoo!

Work with Gabe is going well, and I'm on track with my journey food-wise.

Sorry I've done so few personals - Reading all the successes, the enthusiasm, the challenges you gals are having, I wish I could rejoice more with each of you, and send more personal hugs as well. BRAVO to each of you for your efforts.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #64  

Smile

Greetings all..

I'm new here and trying to figure out forums and signatures

My starting weight was approximately 350 lbs in April 2004. I can't believe it's 2007 and the struggle continues!! I am currently at 247 after a few months this year of doing a rapid weight gain of 20 lbs.. scary stuff for me!

I found you guys by accident and I love reading about your successes and enthusiasm.

A little bit about me:
I'm single and 44. I have no kids, except furkids (2 goldens, 2 geriatric cats and a neurotic parrot) and am not married. I hate veggies and it's a constant struggle with my bratty inner child to get veggies into my food choices. I'm not thrilled with exercise either, but I do like cycling. My current goal is to use the clothes rack, er, um, treadmill daily for 20-30m a day. I had foot surgery to correct a wayward bone (surgery broke and reset it) this past April and I have made my inaugural treadmill run TODAY! yay!

Take care all,
Ratkity

(btw, the nick is the name of my psychokitty - crazy, but lovable!)
Old 06-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Kymberly:Yippee to another -1 and only 23 away from goal. You are doing so amazing!

Motivated: This is such a wonderful forum and all the ladies are amazing. I hope you post often and we get to know you well.

Em: I think you desearve some after all that work. Congrats on the head lady already wanting to hire you!

Brenda:I am so sorry that your friend is having an awful time. I will be praying for her and her family and of coarse for you my dear friend. You are doing so well on the diet front. I totally remember when you were at 400! You are a total inspiration.

Cris: I bet your hair looks cute. You are such a beautiful lady. I myself am trying to wait patiently for my hair to have a break from the coloring so I can give it another go. lol.

Val: oops. Okay. You are so right. I feel so blessed for my sweet Joel. He is amazing and my very best friend. Hugs to youI hope you are doing wonderful!

Ratkitten: You have done so well for someone who doesn't enjoy exercise and veggies. Keep up the wonderful work and very happy to have you aboard our weigh less wagon!

Well I am great except for yesterday I woke up with a icky on my lip and today it resembles a chicken beak. I don't know what it is but hubby told me it looks like a fever blister. I have been putting neospordin, vicks and another thing on it trying to get it to stop growwwwwwwwwinnnnnng. lol. Hopefully it will disappear soon. One of my older sisters told me to buy something called Asadopolis? I will try it I guess. Hope you are all doing well and having wonderful days.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 06-22-2007, 03:39 PM   #66  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Annie – I LOVED how you ran circles around that younger lighter woman. You go girl!!! I’m not sure what the lip thing is, but acidophilus is a bacteria that lives in the intestines that helps with food digestion. People often take supplements of it when they use antibiotics for example, because broad spectrum antibiotics kill both good and bad bacteria and can really mess up your digestion by killing off all the acidophilus.

Ratkitten – Welcome again! Your surgery sounds painful. I am glad to hear you are healed enough to get back on the treadmill.

Valerie – I really glad you are enjoying horse camp, bad feelings about broken wrists aside. It is also great that Gabe is getting the attention he deserves!

Brenda – BIG :hugs: The news about your friends sounds very frightening. Is there any way you can take a mental health day Monday and give yourself a long weekend? That kind of stress is such a killer. Please keep us updated on how your friend is doing. My prayers are definitely going out to her today.

Cris – Maybe you could make getting your hair done a reward for hitting a goal? I hate spending lots of money at the hairdresser but I know I look better when I get my hair cut nicely.

Emily – I am thrilled to hear your job is going so well and that you are really loving it. That must feel so good to know you have worked so hard to get to where you really want to be.

Motivated74 – Welcome to the 300+ thread! I know there are several people here who have done or are doing the SBD.

Heather – Thanks for posting that link. I read it earlier in the day and just had to respond. It is so true that this is a very long journey and one of learning, not instant perfection.

Kymberly – Congrats on being down another pound. One thing that might help with the perception issue is posting some pictures. I still have my heavier pics in my user profile and when I feel like I am back to square one (which happens far too often) I look at that and remember just how far I have come. Also, I know there have been a number of threads on this subject in both the support and maintainers area. It is definitely a problem that many people have.

Zest – I love veggies too! It does make feeling satisfied at meals so much easier than without them. Now it is hard to imagine a meal without veggies and I am shocked when eating out how often they are absent. Good luck on the house selling. That is tough and very stressful – especially having to keep everything show ready all the time.

I had a nice time seeing my friend last night, although the movie was so-so. It was a black and white French sci-fi animation film called Renaissance. The animation was spectacular but the story wasn’t anywhere near as good. The place she works is an art house theater and gets some odd stuff. Tonight is the series finale of Stargate SG1 so I know there will be tears. At least they are making movies and Atlantis is continuing so it’s not all bad.

No weekend plans other than packing and shopping. I have the place to myself because the ex is visiting his brother in Las Vegas, which is nice. I have asked for Friday, Monday and Tuesday off (and then Wednesday is the July 4th holiday) in order to have plenty of time settle in and take care of things like internet/cable/phone installation and getting a new license at the DMV.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Hello My Ladies!

Just a quick flyby to let you know that I went to the Foot Dr (what a sweet guy!!) and it turns out I have a bone spur. I almost croaked when he said he was giving me a Cortizone shot in my heel!! I have always been told how painful the shots were, but this guy was the best!! It really didn't hurt too much...he said if it is given slowly after a freezing spray it shouldn't be too bad. My foot felt better immediately, but now it is aching at the shot site. Doug has flat feet and he gave him a shot too...in the TOP of his foot! He has really close metatarsals (foot bones) and they are squeezing his nerve. He needs orthodics which usually make him feel better. We have to go again back next week...hopefully this is what I needed...will they give more than one shot? Even though it wasn't too bad, once is enough,thank you!

I guess that wasn't as quick as I expected...

Have a great OP rest of the day!
Old 06-22-2007, 04:09 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 360/354/250

Height: 5'11

Hi Donna

OUCH! It sounds horrible, I hope you feel better soon and won't need many more shots.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:28 PM   #69  

Hi Annie,

Sounds like you have a fever blister. I hate when I get those. Usually mine flare up when I have an acid tummy or sleeping really heavy and dr00ling at night.. hehe.

The absolute best thing I found was the dietary supplement, Lysine. You can get it in the vitamin section. Take 500mg of lysine per day and it disrupts the virus that causes the blister. Other than that, blistex or other topical ointment that takes the discomfort away is all that helps.

*hugs*
Ratkity
Old 06-22-2007, 08:55 PM   #70  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

The Story-With a back injury, working up to it slowly again with exercise is a very good idea.

Nancy-I should tell you sometime about my adventures with uHauls. The best was knocking a guard shack into the middle of the street. And no, no one was inside a the time, but not a great way to introduce yourself to a new landlord.

Zest-Just wait until you start craving vegetables. Then it gets really weird.

Annie-I used to really enjoy swimming circles around the skinnier girls in my deep water class. Being more buoyant probably helped, but I’d never tell them that.

Kymberly-I can’t wait to get under 200. I’ve never been that low as an adult. I’d get close, and then go off the diet.

Motivated-Welcome, hope you find what you are looking for and needing.

Emily-44 hours in 4 days, OMG. I wouldn’t be able to stand up straight for a month doing that.

Cris-I’m not brave taking on the gown, I literally have no other option. At my size, and the fact that my top and bottom are about 4 sizes different, I couldn’t buy a gown for any amount of money. I’d have to have one tailored for me, and we couldn’t afford that in a million years. On top of that, they probably wouldn’t do a very good job, because it is so hard to sew for someone with such out of proportion proportions. I’ve gotten to know how to do it by trial and error. I literally buy used sheets at the Goodwill, and cut the pattern out of them as practice. Maybe that’s a book I should write, on how to alter patterns for the super morbidly obese.

Brenda-I’m so sorry about your friend. It is so hard to concentrate on anything when something like that is over powering us. Just tread water until things settle down.

Valerie-I’m glad the varmints finally figured out that it is not good to get between a fatchick and her vegetables.

Ratkity-Welcome. I used to have a psychotic Guinea Pig. He was rescued from being dinner for a boa that got his mom. She was supposed to be an immediate snack, but the snake guy realized she was pregnant, and waited until the babies were born. So his mom had to be in a cage next to a hungry boa while carrying him. That caused some serious hormonal stuff, because this pig was just nuts. He once figured out how to move his cage across the table by banging into it a certain way, and got to a stack of important papers and ate my lease documents. We’d put him in one of those exercise balls the size of a basketball, and he’d chase my basset hound around banging into him until my dog would jump into my lap for safety.

Annie-Are you sure that aliens didn’t implant something on your lip while you were sleeping? I saw a movie once where I guy had something like that on his shoulder that kept growing until it became an eye ball. Eventually the alien’s head just popped out of his shoulder. If you start losing weight real fast, be careful because that might be it feeding off of you. OMG, you are losing weight really fast, this could be serious. I’ll bet they picked you because of that, thinking you wouldn’t notice until it was too late. You’d better go to the doctor. I’d hate to see something like what came out of that guy’s stomach on Alien come out of your lip.

Donna-If you think the cortisone shots are long needles, you should see the one they use to drain fluid off your knee, especially when your knee is as big as mine is to begin with. I thought he was kidding when I first saw it, but it does feel better right away. It looked like a knitting needle.

Well, ladies, as you can tell, I’m in a very strange/silly mood. I have a lot of homework to do, and other stuff keeps pushing it out of the way. I’m supposed to be reading some Irenaeus from 180AD. I’m so lucky that his stuff comes in English, because my Greek or Latin or whatever he originally wrote it in, is as rusty as an old VW. The only Greek I know is Gyros, and the only Latin is corpus dilecti. Dead bodies and food, that has got to be Freudian.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

nancy: Thanks for the info on Acidopolis. LOL. I am such a dork. I had no idea what it was. I hope they approve your time off so you can settle in no problems. How exciting.

Donna: Hope your foot gets much better now that you had the shot. Hugs. I hate shots too.

Ratkitty: Thanks for the Lysine info. I bought some stuff called Blist-Away that you take 3 times a day for a few days until it is gone. I also bought some campho phenic for cold sores and fever blisters. Hopefully it will be cleared up before Monday but at least before Tuesday for my Orthodontist appointment.

Catherine: You are such a silly. I think you may be right about the alien in my lip. I have been sleeping much more sound now that I wear the CPAP mask at night! Hmmmm now I am really thinking about it. Maybe we weren't asked to go down to my Dad's just to help with the beef and celebrate my Birthday/Father's Day, maybe there was more to it..... uh oh. lol. Hugs to you

Well, DH and I just went out and pulled all the weeds from our front circle planter. Poor guys is so tired. Now the sprinkler is going. Tomorrow I am hoping to do some yard work in the back yard then some pampering on my toes and nails.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 06-23-2007, 09:21 AM   #72  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone!

Yay it is Saturday! Busy day planned today. I am behind and catching up on reading so no time for a lot of personals but I am thinking about EACH one of you!

Brenda, I'm so sorry about your friend and am praying for her and you; hope she recovers soon and well.

Ratkitten, glad you joined us... and yah get that clothes rack emptied off and turned back into a treadmill.

Annie... taking Lysine supplement is good for fever blisters. However, for it to be most effective you have to start taking it the first moment you begin to see the blister appear. Oh... I am reading further and see that Ratkitty already told you this... well in that case I will just "second" her recommendation.

Nancy, I have to say I have learned to really like veggies! Once you get used to eating lots of fresh veggies and fruits, the "junk" is not as appealing any more. And yah so many restaurants just don't serve them or if they do, they are lousy.

And Catherine, LOL, yes that is sooo true about it being strange when you begin to crave veggies and other healthful stuff! :ha: And about the aliens getting Annie... bet that is what happened, all right, for sure!

Donna, glad you found out about the bone spur. I have them too, along with plantar fascietis (sp?) so I sure understand the pain!! Hope the shots help... I have never had them.

I need to get some coffee and breakfast and get out on my bike a bit this morning. It is only 6:20 so I have some time to move my butt a bit. Later in the morning I want to go to a community yard sale of a mobile home park near here and pass out flyers inviting people to the free community dinner my church has begun holding once a month. Looks like it is going to be a sunny day... even though usually I prefer rain, for something like this I am glad it is going to be clear.

Blessings to all

in Seattle
Old 06-23-2007, 09:27 AM   #73  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

I'm up fairly early (for me) on a Saturday because my aunt, her husband, their four kids and his parents are all descending upon us for a short (2 day) visit, and should be arriving later this afternoon. I've got to finish getting the house in order!

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to get pest control service for months now, but kept putting it off. I don't mind bugs so much, except when they come in the house, particularly ants and cockroaches - two insects that are as common as kudzu here in Georgia. But the tipping point came the night before last when I opened up my utensil drawer and there was a big cockroach in there. EW! I called a pest company yesterday morning and a guy came out and sprayed the house inside and out. My husband says this morning when he went down to the kitchen, there were three dead cockroaches on the floor. Gross! I still can't get over the roaches=filth connection in my mind, even though these are the larger roaches they call 'palmetto bugs' or 'water bugs' down here - as if that makes them any less disgusting! Hopefully they'll stay out of my house from now on.

On to less icky news, I had a job interview yesterday! It's for a children's book publisher nearby (about a 15 minute drive) for a marketing position. I'd love to work with books and it would be great not to have to commute into Atlanta. The woman seemed to really like me and said she should be making a decision by next Wednesday so my fingers are Plus, I have another interview on Monday with my county's library administrator for an assistant position - that sounds totally up my alley too, so I'm hopeful. It would be great to have two job offers to choose from!

Alrighty, just time for a few personals before I start cleaning:

Catherine
, I rarely get to see my family, too. They live about a thousand miles away, on an island to boot! It's been about four years since I've seen most of them. That's awesome that you're getting a full scholarship! And congrats for being OP, too.

Annie
, I am just so proud and happy for you! Thanks for sharing the story about your Dad - that must have been a very special moment indeed. And for staying OP and losing another 13.5 pounds. You go, girl!

Nancy, it is pretty hot down here (low to high nineties) so exercising outside from mid-morning to suppertime is pretty much out of the question, but really that's just an excuse. I could go walking in the morning or at night, and I have some exercise DVDs I could do indoors, but I've just been lazy this month. I'm glad to hear things are coming along with your new apt! I miss not having BBC America ...

Zest, I think everyone makes that comment about being overwhelmed with the pace of these threads when they first come here, but then you just get used to it and are trucking right along, too!

Kymberly, wow, what an inspiration you are. I cannot wait until what I have left to lose is in the double digits.

Brenda, I am so, so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope and pray she will come through this.

Donna
, glad to hear you were able to do something about your foot and that it's feeling better. I would have cringed at that needle, too!

OK, I'm off. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-23-2007, 09:41 AM   #74  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wow, Xena, I just went to look at the photos you posted and they are gorgeous! I have never seen the Grand Canyon and those were beautiful shots of it!

But what really amazed me... in that picture of you sitting on the rock wall... is how much alike you and I look! It doesn't really show that much in our avatar photos but wow, in that picture you look soooooo much like me! Poor poor Xena I am going to send that link to my best friend and see if she agrees.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #75  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone! I finally got around to posting a few pics from my Grand Canyon trip (as Misti has already discovered ...you'll have to let me know if your friend thinks we look alike ) It was a beautiful place. It almost doesn't look real when you look at it because it is just so expansive.

Brenda - I certainly pray that your friend will recover from her surgery. How worried you must be. Take care of yourself and keep us posted on your friend's situation.

Catherine - Now I have an imagine in my mind of a guinea pig in an exercise ball chasing a dog around the house. Hilarious!!! Too bad you didn't have a video camera!

As for me, I am slowly getting back on the exercise wagon. I have committed to myself to become a morning exerciser again because back when I was doing that I was able to consistently work out 5-6 days a week. While it can be hard to get up so early to get your workout in before you have to go to work, it does just become part of your morning routine. When I exercise in the evenings after work, it is just way to easy for me to come up with excuses not to do. And so far, my new plan is working. I have exercised 3 days in a row now and I can't remember when that last happened.

Oh, and Misti, after hearing you mention your Presidents Challenge awards, I went out and signed up. I decided first to try to earn the Active Lifestyle Award which you get if you exercise for at least 30 minutes, 5 days out of the week for 6 weeks. Plus all the points you accumulate doing that can go towards your Bronze medal. I am hoping this will encourage me to be consistent with exercise, something I have struggled with. Anyway, thanks so much for talking about the Presidents Challenge. I would not have known about it otherwise.

Well, I am off. I have a hair appointment and want to get a pedicure after that. Then it is back home to work on my MBA application essay. It is due by 6/29 and I have been seriously procrastinating it. Need to just get it done today so I can quit worrying about it!
Closed Thread