Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #46  
peace out

S/C/G: 318.4/289/145

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!

Nancy - I was laughing reading about you trying to decide on Fios or not. All I could think about was the two commercials with the little kid "You should see his truck"...hopefully you've seen them and know what I'm talking about....lol!

Donna - The site is calorie-count.com. I hope it's ok to list that here...? Yay on getting the patio set, I bet everything looks just beautiful.

Annie - I missed you while you were gone, but it sounds like you had a really wonderful time. You are lucky to have some supportive people around you who clearly love you lots!

Peggy - I remember the SNL characters you talked about. Vaguely, but still. 'Nough said. LOL!

Sue - I was watching a show the other night called House Hunters and it featured a couple looking for a place in Bothell. Couldn't remember at first why that rang a bell but then I remembered it was from you! Looks like a really lovely area!

Debbie - I dont really worry too much about anything I eat as long as I can fit it into my plan. For me, restricting myself too severely is what does me in every time. So I have treats but I work them into my plan and so far, so good! In the whole scheme of things, Sunchips aren't THAT bad!

Catherine - I am sure you've posted this before so it may have been before I joined...may I ask for what special occasion you are making a gown?

I am off to color my hair, girls. I am a little nervous because although I have colored it for about 9 years (those pesky grays started early!), I am going to a lighter shade. More "golden brown" as opposed to "reddish brown". Not sure why I decided to make the change except that I am feeling like other things are changing so might as well go full tilt! Wish me luck that I don't end up looking like Bozo or Howdy Doody!

Have good op days everyone!

Cris
Old 06-21-2007, 07:26 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Cris - good luck with changing your hair colour, I am sure a lighter colour will suit you. Don't forget to post a pic of you when you've had it done

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 06-21-2007, 08:03 AM   #48  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning everyone! Yay it is Thursday... one day closer to the weekend!

Ammi,so good to see you! I love your new Avatar... you are looking super! And glowing with health! Good job!!

Cris, interesting about the show. Yes.. Bothell really IS a gorgeous place to live. Seattle metro is an expensive area but stunningly beautiful!!!

And I can't wait to hear how your new hair color goes... from your photo I think it will look really nice a lighter shade. But yah like Ammi said I hope you will post a photo!!

I am debating about cutting off the sides of my hair and just leaving the back a bit longer. But whenever I mention it everyone says "no no" so not sure it is a good idea
Old 06-21-2007, 09:34 AM   #49  

Height: 5'6"

Just checking in. Had another good OP day yesterday and got in over 14000 steps!! I improvised last night and made a pretty tasty mexican chicken taco salad (without the taco!) for dinner. YUM! I needed something with some OOMPH! to it and that was perfect.

Dragged my old bones out of bed this AM for another 60 mins walk early this AM. Did a little over 2 miles today. I am not getting as winded on the hills as I was. Maybe I am building up some endurance. My muscles are sure feeling it tho!! I feel GOOD when I get home. Its a great way to start the day and then my metabolism is jump started for a while!

Does anyone here do the Dance Dance Revolution game as exercise? I love to dance and thought this might be fun, but we don't have a playstation, but it would be a GREAT excuse to get one. Anyone have any input on this?

No time for personals right now. Gotta get some stuff off my desk. Have a wonderful OP day chickies and get *moving*!!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:12 PM   #50  
banned

Happy Thursday everyone!

It's been quite awhile since I checked in, so I had a lot of reading to do! I haven't had much time for message boards recently; there has been a lot going on.

Today was weigh in again; I lost three more pounds and ANOTHER inch off my hips! I was quite shocked at that one, since I did cheat a little and had pizza on Monday night. I guess with all this moving and shaking I've been doing lately, those calories burned up quicker than I thought. LOL.

Last weekend, I competed in a pageant, the first time in a couple of years. I didn't win (nor did I expect to), but I got first runner up! A couple of days after that, I got an offer from the author of Down That Aisle in Style: A Wedding Guide for Full Figured Women to join a plus-sized themed book tour she is planning for later this summer when it stops in my area, in addition to throwing my PR firm into the hat for possibly doing the promo work for her new book coming out this fall.

And my PR firm got an "Arts and Literature" front page feature on a networking site today! What good publicity, eh?
Old 06-21-2007, 03:35 PM   #51  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Lex-That’s the first step sometimes, to just get mad at the offending food, and determine to stay away from it.

Valerie-I’m sorry your friend got hurt, but sometimes that is the kind of thing it takes for us to get our butts in gear and get serious.

Debbie-Yard work can burn an amazing amount of calories. I used to love sun chips. They were probably the only ones I ate routinely.

Sue-I have made some new pants. I had to finally just recut the pattern. I kept hearing people talking about stretch blue jeans. I couldn’t picture it. I happened to get some of that kind of fabric by accident. I only buy discount fabric to keep the cost of pants around $6. It looked like regular twill to me, but then it stretched some. I’m in love with it. The only reason I kept taking them up, is that I hate to pay for something I don’t have to, and I really liked those particular pants.

Ammi-I knew you had worked to hard to just give up. I figured you were sitting on a beach with a good book.

Cris-My husband has been awarded the Order of Canada, and his investiture is supposed to be in October depending on the schedule of the Governor General. The closest American equivalent is the Presidential Medal of Freedom. The OC is the highest civilian award the government gives, and the Governor General is the Queen’s representative in Canada. She’s a serious fashion plate, imagine an African American version of Jackie Kennedy. There’s a formal dinner in Rideau Hall which is where visiting Presidents and Kings/Queens have their receptions. So I have to have suitable attire. That kind of thing is so much easier for guys. I just ordered him a tux, although there was a bit of a fuss about my wanting him in vest/Euro tie as is the current fashion, and he wanted bow tie/cummerbund. I won by promising to make him a vest out of the extra fabric from my dress so we’d match. Gowns always have a lot of extra fabric. It’s a shiny red fabric that fades in and out to black kind of like velvet does, but it is a taffeta. I’ve got everything worked out except what to do with my hair. I’ll probably start sewing it the first of September. I figure it will take 2 weeks, and I like to give myself twice the time I need in the worse case scenario that I have to start over from scratch with all new material.

Peggy-Man that’s a lot of steps. I read that your metabolism stays up for 3 hours after exercising, so if you exercise every three hours, you can keep it up all day.

I’ve got lots to do today before heading off at 3 to the football game to work in the concession stand. I’ve got to remember to take my medicine before I go this time so I won’t be in so much pain at the end of the night. The last time it was for the Police concert, and people really didn’t buy that much, but it’s my understanding that the football crowd eats early and often. We are playing the BC Lions. Go Eskimos!
Old 06-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #52  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

Hi All~

Thought I'd pop in for a minute.

My back is doing a whole lot better. I am not in as much pain as I was on Monday and I am able to get around a lot better now. I have an appointment with my primary doctor on Monday for a follow-up, but I am going to see if I can get in tomorrow just to make my load of stuff going on next week a little lighter.

I thought that I would be facing a gain in my weight, but I have managed to still lose even without being able to exercise. I have almost, according to my scale, made it out of the 370s and I am happy to say that when I get to the 360s that will be the lightest I have been in 10+ years.

I am planning on trying to get back to walking in the morning by the end of next week. I have decided that I will start out with the short route that I was doing when I started exercising in January, then work my way back up to my half mile.

I hope you all are doing well this week and I will see ya next week when the craziness dies down here.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #53  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick hello - no time for personals today. Tonight I am going to dinner and a movie with a friend of mine I haven’t seen in awhile. I ordered a U-haul truck for the 30th. I am meeting my landlord tomorrow after work to sign the lease and get the keys. I was down a pound this morning. Life is good.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:49 PM   #54  

Hello Everyone! You guys weren't kidding when you said this post moves fast. It seems like there are so many people on here, which certainly makes for lots of motivation, but also makes it a bit overwhelming to do any personals. I have no idea how you guys keep everyone straight, but I imagine it will start to get better.

This week has been pretty good for staying OP. I am eating way more vegetables than I ever have and finding it is so much easier to be satisfied with less calories. I don't know why that was such a hard lesson for me to learn, since it seems so simple now.

We have still been having lots of showings on our house. It's been for sale for 3+ months now and so far not even a nibble, but we still have a few months before we need to get relocated, so hopefully something happens soon. The housing market has been sooo slow around here.

Hope everyone is having a great evening and thank goodness it's almost Friday!!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:41 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Donna: Thanks and hugs.

Lex: Sorry you had a gain. Hugs

Catherine: I love stretchy jeans too. lol.

Val: Whoop Whoop on -7 any way it comes. lol. Although my hubby is a doll, it was my Dad who the hamburger story was about.

Debbie54: Yard work is great exercise. At least for me. lol

Ammi: Hugs. Glad to see you and I adore your avatar photo. You are so beautiful!

Cris: How did your hair turn out? I bet lovely.

LeAnnC: congrats on another -3

Storey: Congrats on almost being out of the 370's. I hope you are not in pain for much longer.

Nancy: Yipee keys to your own place! I am so excited for you and down 1 pound to boot. Whoop Whoop things are looking up for you already! Hugs

Zest: The housing market is pretty slow all over right now I believe. Hopefully it will pick up soon. Good luck!

Brenda, Sandy, Michelle, Patti, where are you guys? You are missed.

I went for a swim today. I took a friend with me and she is at least 100 pounds smaller than I am but she couldn't keep up with my exercise routine. We got back to my house and I rode my bike for 30 minutes straight and did some weights and situps. She is only 20 and told her mom that I worked her butt off today. I felt happy to hear that. lol. I'm used to the elderly ladies where I swim telling me I work hard but to hear it from a young girl was nice! I hope you are all doing wonderful and are very happy.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 06-21-2007, 11:13 PM   #56  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi everyone!
Its been awhile since i posted, but i have by no means stopped my battle. i have been working alot, but keeping up with everyone. Wow, congratulations to all the losers!!!!
Annie: you are doing awesome!! i am so happy for you and proud too at this rate, you wont even need surgery
As for me, i am happy to report i am down another 1lb. i wanted more, but i will take what i get. i am 23 lbs away from my original goal, but i think i want to try and go lower. 3 more lbs and i will be in the 180's
Somebody mentioned they feel like they dont notice their wt loss, i feel the same way too. its weird, i know i have lost, but in my mined, and eyes i am the same old person. i know my head will have to catch up with reality; its just hard to believe that after years of being huge, i can actually say i weigh under 200lbs now.
im glad everyone is doing well,and for the ones struggling, i know the feeling. hopefully i can do some personals this weekend, but until then, have a wonderful evening
Old 06-21-2007, 11:27 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

There's a great post in the Support forum I wanted to point people too ... it's especially true for those of us with a LOT of weight to lose. It's about not giving up, and is titled "It's a marathon, not a sprint."

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...99#post1742899
Old 06-22-2007, 01:57 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 360/354/250

Height: 5'11

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. You will usually find me in the SBD forum. I have been lurking around this forum and reading some of the posts. It's really great to see that I am not alone in this battle. You all seem very supportive and motivated, which is what I really need.

It's great to meet you all and I will definately continue to visit this forum.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:00 AM   #59  

Height: 5'8.5"

Just passing through before bedtime... but wanted to say to Motivated! So glad you joined us!
Old 06-22-2007, 03:59 AM   #60  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

hiya! just finished 4 night shifts, 44 hours of work in 4 days!! Was good tho, looked after 19 patients on my own each night. I'm not sure if I said, but Matron has offered me a job on the ward to start after my training finishes, I now have about 6 weeks left of this management placement. My last two essays are due in on Monday, so guess what I am doing this weekend!!

Nancy - so pleased u have found somewhere great and everything is turning out good

Ammi - well done on your continued success

Annie - you are doing so amazing girl! I'll still be maintaining and u will overtake me under the 300s before u know it! Well done u are doing amazing!

Well bye for now, I am off to bed at 9am for a well deserved sleep!!

I LOVE MY JOB!!!

Em x
Closed Thread