Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #31  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I was working my way backwards and hoping to get to everyone, but I need to wrap it up here and get back to work!

Debbie – Staying the same is better than going up! Hopefully you will have a better weigh in next week.

Stormie – Boy do I hate the word “should”. Don’t beat yourself up for how much exercise you think you “should” do. The important thing is that you are doing it! I hope you were able to fix the washer. OMG I love that clothing site!!!! Thanks for posting that. I love those types of clothes and have been having a hard time finding anything like it. I just wish most of the dresses weren’t sleeveless. Why do they do that?

TheStory – Ouch! I hope your back feels better soon. Congratulations on being down another pound. While the exercise definitely helps I think the main factor to weight loss is the eating, so hopefully having to rest for a few days won’t hurt too much.

Shadie – Another 10 pounds down is fantastic! That must feel so good to weigh in at home again. I hope you are taking progress pics so that you can also see how far you have come now that everyone else is noticing.

Donna – I hope your doctor’s appointment goes well on Friday. Way to go on the bra NSV!

Cris – That is great that you are able to be home with your kids. Moving school systems must be tough for them. I didn’t move growing up and ended up going to school with the same people from the age of 3 to 18. Have you been using a site to track calories or are you doing it another way? When I track online I use spark people.com (no space).

Jill – It sounds like you have been super busy, but at least it is in a good way. That is fantastic that you and Jeff are looking at buying something. Eating out too much is so tough. Hopefully you will find something you love and can afford quickly so that you can get your time back for other things.

Lesley – Is the weather making it tough to exercise? I imagine it is already very hot down in Atlanta.

Catherine – Congratulations on your scholarship to graduate school. That is so fantastic! Do you start right away or wait until fall? Also, did you say what you are going for a degree in? I know you have several already.

Jen – No slinking allowed! You have to hike on back in here with your cute puppy!

Annie – That was such an amazingly sweet moment with your father. Your post brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations on being down another 13.5 pounds. That is so amazing that you were able to stay on plan during your travels when everyone else was eating. You completely inspire me.

SoulBliss – Sorry to hear you are feeling unmotivated. Do you have reading to do for school? My “fondest” (that’s not the right word) memory of reading procrastination was during high school when I read the first 3 books of the Clan of the Cave Bear series during my midterm week. It was so stupid, but I couldn’t seem to stop myself. Hopefully your motivation has just gone out for a walk and it will come home later to find you.

Debbie – Hope the home renovations are going well. Sanding and painting can be great exercise.

HidingTazz – Congrats on being able to move your ticker! That’s great. Regarding intestinal distress, I find for me that change is the major culprit. If my body is used to something it seems to handle it better.

My credit check went fine so the apartment is mine! The landlord will call me tonight to talk details like setting up a time to sign the lease and what utility companies to call. Now I have to decide on the phone cable vs phone company thing. I was going to go with FIOS, but it turns out they don’t offer the TV where I live. I was all excited because I could get BBC America on FIOS but not on Cablevision. The cable company phone makes me nervous about power outages and emergencies. I’m not even sure I want to spend the money on cable. I wish you could pick and choose what you actually watch.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:35 PM   #32  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Jill-I think that if we dug deep enough, we’d all find something we wish we hadn’t. There’s been a few battles over the last 400 years in your neck of the woods. I’d run a metal detector out back before putting a down payment down.

Alice-My tail has been between my legs so many times that it is really starting to tickle. The only way that you can fail is to quit trying. As long as you are willing to keep trying, we’ll be here.

Annie-If I had spent all day playing with raw meat, I’d probably be a vegetarian for a long time. I remember after losing 50 pounds trying to pick up a big sack of dog food, and wondering how on earth I could walk around with that on my shoulders. Of course the answer is that I didn’t walk. You are doing so great. It’s wonderful that you have your family so supportive behind you. You keep doing so good, and they are going to kick you off the surgery list as too healthy. You gave yourself the best birthday present ever.

Soul-We all get like that at times. It seems like we have so much to do, our lists are too long, and we get overwhelmed by it. Try to make a list with only one or two things on it to do tomorrow, and then when you get them done, you can read anything you want to without guilt.

Debbie-I should hire you as my press agent. I have always had trouble taking praise. I got so little of it growing up that I’m usually just unable to deal with it.

Hiding-Whenever you change your diet, your small intestine might not have the right bacteria to digest what you are trying to eat. If you haven’t eaten an apple in years, then the bacteria that you need to digest it have long ago starved to death. It then has to be digested in the large intestine by the bacteria there that can eat anything. They are nasty and gas producing. Eat some yogurt with active cultures to re-charge the ones you need. If that doesn’t help, try beano.

Nancy-My graduate classes start in the fall. I’m finishing up the two classes I lack for a BA in pastoral ministry, and the masters program is going to be in theological studies. We were going to try to figure out how to pay for the classes, and they just keep getting taken care of. My old archdiocese is paying for the last two classes I need to finish up the first one, and now a church here is paying for the next one. Where were these guys when I was in college the first time.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:38 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!! Annie, WOWEEE I'm SO PROUD of you!!! & FAB that your dad acknowledged your fight against fat AND your FAB losses. I had a tear in my eye after reading it! I don't know how you found the resolve to NOT EAT AT ALL during your birthday. xxxxxxxxxxx
Catherine, wow I (stupidly) thought that in very cold places you didn't get lightening, something to do with all that snow, lol! Our phone is still out, as are most of our neighbours' ones too. Brilliant that you're getting funding to continue your studies, did you do any more on the dress for hubby's big day? -meeting the president & medal?xxxxxxx
Donna, luckily I had just been to the toilet so it wasn't too bad, 'soiled' made me laugh, it always makes me think of 'number twos', I certainly wasn't THAT SCARED!!!lolxxxxxx
Nancy, oooh all that excitement, who to supply your power, tv, internet, which curtains & colour schemes to choose, I hope you have a FAB time turning your new place into a home.xxxxxx
Jilly I hope you get the right advice & are soon able to be 'homeowners'. If you're not up to 'dieting' how about just having fruit as snacks & eating healthier stuff? just a thought.xxxxxxx
Ammi is fine just been busy doing 'stuff' around her house & garden.
I had to face up to the fact that we have to economise seriously for the next couple of months, Steve's not had any overtime, the car needs new tyres & a service, the boys are always needing new clothes & shoes. Anyway I have to stop my liquid diet, it's costing £50 ($100)which is almost half of our weekly food shop, if I was eating it would only cost £20-£30 extra per week. On good weeks with wine & takeaways £50 didn't sem a bad swap, but in 'economy' weeks it just isn't viable. We've been putting the odd thing on the mastercard or drawing on our savings but it can't go on. I decided to have a 'week off' then go back on South Beach until finances are better coz I fully intend to continue with the Cambridge Diet as soon as the finances improve.
gotta go do 'stuff'
xxxsharon
Old 06-20-2007, 07:03 AM   #34  

Height: 5'6"

Morning Chickies...

Whew! I just got back from an hour long walk with HILLS!! It was a little over 2 miles. Thank goodness Rod Stewart's "Every Picture Tells a Story" came on my Ipod for the homestretch....I really needed that!!

Catherine - CONGRATS on getting the scholarship! What an opportunity for you! WOW!

Jill - I understand having so much on your plate. I am a BIG TIME stress eater. Hopefully things will settle down soon. Take care of yourself too!

Annie - How sweet of your dad to give you a little "something". You will remember him every time you wear them. I hear you on the not seeing that you are losing. I think that I am losing a little bit all over, so its just a kinda smaller version of the same old ME. You will see it soon enough.

Jen - No need to slink! I am glad that you are getting back on track. Good on ya!

Sharon - I *hate* lightening. I was picking up flowers for my garden at a nursery and a thunder and lightening storm came up FAST. I was paying and it was crashing all around us. Well, I RAN (and you have *never* seen a fat lady run so FAST in your life...lol!) to my van...threw everything in the back and jumped inside. Within seconds lightening struck somewhere nearby. Yikes. Too close!!

I had a NSV on Monday. Someone at work said "You are really shrinking down!! Keep up the good work..you look good!". I just said "Thanks, I am working on it" Oh well, thats it for me for now. Must get my lunch ready and hop into the shower and dressed for work. Hope you all have a great OP day!!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:26 AM   #35  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippievanlady View Post
Sue-When my husband teases me about how big my pants are, I just say that it’s better to have big pants than the big butt that used to fill them.
Exactly! Not to worry in the slightest about baggy clothes as at least they don't FIT us!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
Exactly! Not to worry in the slightest about baggy clothes as at least they don't FIT us!
No kidding! I have two pair of elastic waist lightweight denim shorts that I wear when I walk. When I fit into them (and they were snug), the waistband sat at my waist and the legs fell a couple inches above my knees. Well, I have them hiked up to just under "the girls" and they still are the same length. I feel like Todd LaBounta (Remember Bill Murray and Gilda Radner on Sat. Night Live YEARS ago - YES, I am that old! ) "Yes, Mrs. Lupner" LOL Cracks me up thinking about it. They are SOOOO baggy, but great for walking...they camoflage the jiggle
Old 06-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning ladies,

Nancy: I am soooooo happy for you finding an apartment that you like. I love the blue in the bathroom so much. I think I may paint mine that color when I paint it. I hope with all my heart that you love living there and it really becomes a home for you!

Catherine: LOL. Maybe that is why when I was younger I didn't care much for beef. I won't be eating any of it any time soon either. I wish I wouldn't have to have surgery but, unfortunately my blood pressure is still high even with meds. I don't know why because for a while it was really getting to a great place but now it is high again. It can't be no exercise because I get a min. of 60 minutes daily. I haven't eaten any salt because I am strictly doing Optifast only. I just don't know.

Sharon: I'm sorry that you have to drop the diet for a bit. I hope you do wonderfully on the South Beach. I know you can do it. I hear you on the cost of this one. My sweet hubby took another job to keep me on it. He is so darling and worried about my health. He is working Monday -Thursday 5 hours extra a day plus the over time that he was already working. I am worried about him but he is so stubborn to stop it and let me stop the diet. I'm glad it isn't much longer that I have to be on it before they trasnision me to food. Thank you so much for letting us know about Ammi. I was getting worried. Tell her I love her and hi for me when you talk to her agian please.

Peggy: Wonderful NSV! I sure could tell a difference in the photos you posted! You should be very proud. Hugs.

Zelma: You ar such a beautiful lady. I love your new outfit and the way you are wearing your hair. So what if you havn't found your style yet. Just have fun and play with it.

Well, it is 6:08 a.m. and I have a lot of chores to do today including mowing the yards before it gets hot. I have to have a blood test too to check my magnisium level. I'll be back this afternoon after my work and exercises. Hope you are all well and have a great op day with lots of movement.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 06-20-2007, 09:13 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!

Shadie: I have the opposite problem than you do...I don't see myself as big as I really am. Kinda like a reverse anorexia. Actually I think it's called denial!! I really must have some deep rooted problems that I don't know about!

Cris: Oooo, please send me that site!! I would love to know that even though I am not really exercising, I am still movin and shakin!!

Jilly: Wow you are a busy girl! I hope you and Jeff find what you are looking for!

Lesley: YES, YES, YES!! That is EXACTLY what I do! I see all the "little" things that I am so sure everyone else will see...especially my parents! I am still trying to please them at 45 y/o!!! Good luck on the job hunt!

Catherine: I wish I was a C !! I was a DD for so long, it was weird to buy a D! Oh, and I use Gold Bond Powder. The yellow bottle, not the green which has some mint or eucelyptis which can really make the heat rash sting!
on your scholarships!!!

Jen: back! Sorry, no slinking allowed...come on in w/big open arms!!

Annie: You are so amazing!! I am so proud of you for how far you have come!! Your willpower on your BIRTHDAY was inspiring. And the story about your dad was so sweet on many levels. Nothing feels better than recognition from the ones we love the most!!! I bet those beautiful earrings mean the world to you. Oh and by the way:

Soulbliss: I am sorry you are in a funk. I usually get that way in the summer when I am not working and have no money to do anything. Sometimes you need to do "nothing", and then regroup.

Debbie: You can have my extra cups and then some!! Especially the lovely heat rash and skin tags underneath!!! Oh to be able to go braless!!

Nancy: I have the Cablevision "3 pack"...I was nervous about the telephone thingy too, but I figure there are 5 cell phones in this house, so I shouldn't have trouble if the electricity goes out. I am so happy everything went well and you can finally relax and start fresh!!

Sharon: That sucks that you have to off your program. I know how it feels to "steal from Peter to pay Paul" though. I am usually in that situation during summer break and feel terrible having to tell the kids that there is no money to do anything fun. We are having outside work done (roofing,siding,and windows) on the house this summer and took a loan with a little extra so we can at least pay off some things like our van and credit cards, and this way I wont have to utter those words this year.

It's rainy here today, so I guess I will be stuck cleaning which is not my most favorite thing to do. Oh yeah...we finally got a patio set, after hitting a ton of different stores, in of all places TARGET!!! (I just LOVE that place) Now mind you, it took 3 diiferent stores to find all the pieces, but it's nice and very sturdy. I took it upon myself to put the pieces together, and was finished by 9:30pm and boy,I was EXHAUSTED!!! But it was worth it and looks great!

Have a Great Op Day!
Old 06-20-2007, 09:16 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I'm so far behind, it seems!

Sharon -- I'm sorry you had to give up the liquid diet. Good luck staying on plan and maintaining your loss (and maybe losing more)!

Annie -- Your post brought tears to my eyes too! Congrats all round!

Someone asked about calorie info. There are tons of calculators around to determine what you should eat, but you need to remember that they are all estimates! There's also a lot of info on the Calorie Counters forum, where this question gets asked all the time.

However, bottom line for people who really have a lot to lose -- your body needs more calories when you weigh more. You don't have to restrict like many of the people who have 50 pounds, or 10 pounds to lose. Even without knowing anything else, I'd say that most people who weigh over 250 can lose on 1800-2000 calories/day. That's a gross generalization and will depend on metabolism, and exercise (as well as other factors), but it's a ballpark.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #40  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Sharon-I used to live in St. Pete, Florida. That’s right next to Tampa which is supposed to be the world’s most lightening place. Tampa is actually a native word for fire sticks. I still haven’t started my gown. I’m still afraid that my size will change too much between now and then. I have gotten the sewing machine out, if only to catch up on the mending. I do understand about having to economize. Since I was injured, I haven’t had an income above poverty level since. That’s a good advertisement for getting disability insurance. If cheap food wasn’t so high calorie/low nutrition, I don’t think I would have ended up as big as I did.

Peggy-I’m pretty excited too. I found out this morning that the province is going to give me an additional $600 a semester since I’m disabled for things like a special cushion to help my back while sitting in class or incidental books or supplies, plus pay for my transport to school. Man, they are making is very easy on me. Somebody wants me to finish my schooling I guess. I have to wait until August to finish my enrollment, but my first class is going to be Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. It is taught from an ecumenical perspective.

Sue-I kept taking my pants up the best I could, but the crotch kept getting lower. One pair fit me pretty good around the waist, but the crotch went to my knees, literally. They ended up looking like some kind of sultan pants.

Annie-HBP is a fickle thing. You are probably just genetically predisposed. The surgery is supposed to be for people who have tried everything, and need it for health reasons. You certainly fit that. I hope that it will be soon, successful, and safe.

Donna-That’s how big my mom is. When she had her right breast removed, they gave her a prosthetic that was the same size to wear. It was so heavy she couldn’t lift it. She tried to get them to take both, but they wouldn’t. How you guys lug those things around, I’ll never know.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 350/310/154

Height: 5'8

Hi girls,

Had a bit of a downer today as went to my WI and managed to put on half a pound. Doh! After going so well at the beginning of the week with my Points, I went silly over the weekend and had 2 nights out drinking in a row, a meal out, a few takeaways and kept adding little treats on top of my Points.

Only have myself to blame but am commited to being honest with the points this week.. No beer or cider for me at the weekend, it adds more pounds than I think! Going to buy lots of low fat snacks to have in the evening. I am determined to get a loss next week!!

Hope you're all well
Old 06-20-2007, 11:51 PM   #42  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Annie, your pounds of beef story made me cry. I am ECSTATICALLY happy for your success! Kiss your DH for me, for being such a special guy!

Catherine, you wrote: "My tail has been between my legs so many times that it is really starting to tickle." You Cwacked my UP!

JEN, welcome back!!!

Sharon, I hear you on the budget. I know you'll do well on the Beach. When you come to ride Mr Gabe, you'll be sleek as a whistle! Keep it up my friend!!

Ladies, past my bed time. Had a good weekend at the horse show - 2 blues even. But my eating was aTROcious! Sunday I got a new religion: A friend got on Gabe and came off, breaking her wrist. I could just die from shame. I've been so OP since then! Amazing thing is, she wants to get on him again! Then on Tuesday I found a trainer - a REAL trainer - that's worked for years with the Lippizaners and trained stallions. Gabe will be a piece of cake for him if he agrees to come work with him. Again, I'm SO motivated to shed some tonage!

I know it was water weight, but I'm down 7 pounds in 2 days. Don't I wish I could keep THAT up for a month?? Anyway, I haven't even been tempted to polute my body again.

Cheers to all of you that are leading us all down the path of success and/or determination! You're helping yourself, and you're helping others stay committed.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:46 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Hi De Ho !

Doing ok today. Was outside today doing yard work since it is suppose to start raining tomorrow for a couple days. I'm so outta shape I had to take breaks every so often but I was probably out there for at least 1/2 an hour.
Stayed OP pretty well until tonight. I had some Sunchips, but I just add it into my calorie count so I don't feel too bad. Been having trouble getting the water in though today but will improve on it tomorrow.

Catherine - get used to the praise, I'm tellin' ya...you're going to be getting alot of it, not just from me but from others also. Just keep up the good work!!

Nancy - I'm so glad you got a place you can call your own. You're going to so love it once you get fixed up just the way you want it.

Sharon - So sorry you had to get off of the liquids. It's so hard to commit to a diet in the first place and then when you have to give up one that you can stick with sucks. I'm sure you will lose great on the Beach one though. Good luck to ya!

Mama - pleassssse no skin tags or rashes. I have enough of the rash as it is. My pits burn like crazy sometimes. I think maybe I'm allergic to my own sweat...ew...sorry perspiration, I forget women don't sweat...lol

Lex - sometimes you just have to let loose and splurge a little. We've all had to do it just to get it out of our system. 1/2 pound is not THAT bad and you'll probably lose it and a couple more by next WI. Don't give up the faith!!

Well, that's if for me. Going to go watch some TV and then off to read some more of my book.
Debbie
Old 06-21-2007, 01:12 AM   #44  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello everyone! Just came through to read all your posts and quickly respond. Catherine, ha, you crack me up too! Sounds as if it is time for you to splurge on some new pants, ha!

This has been kind of a lazy week for me... not doing much exercise after work but I AM getting in my walking at lunch so that helps. And... today I got my President's Challenge silver award!

The gold will be a lot harder... the bronze takes 20,000 points; silver 45,000 and gold is 80,000 yikes! But I am 56% of the way there. Whew puff puff better get my butt moving!

Oh and someone here asked about my pastor's daughter... and I don't think I responded or at least not with the latest. First... thank you SO much for those who continue to ask about her and to pray for her. She is continuing to make progress... completed the month long in patient rehab and is now at home. It is a looooong slow progress but praise God we do continue to see gradual improvements!

Blessings to all
Sue
Old 06-21-2007, 06:33 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hi All,

Just checking in to let you all know I'm still alive and on my weight loss journey. I always think when people disappear for a while that perhaps they're struggling with losing the weight, having a break or whatever. I've been and am fine with it all, I've just been spending most of my PC time catching up with emails, chatting, or my new found love, playing games. That last one sure keeps my mind off food Anyway, I'm still about, and will try to post a bit more.

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread