Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #76  
Superstar!!!

S/C/G: 314/30/150

Height: 5'5.5

Hey Ladies,

Thank you all who welcomed me, it's very much appreciated. You all seem like a great group and I hope to get used to coming here.

As for my weigh in today, I lost 5lbs. I'm pretty happy. I know I can't expect that every week, it's water weight, etc. But I'm happy. I'm getting closer to being back under 300lbs. I've got a ways to go to reach my goal, but I'm hoping to take care of myself and enjoy the journey.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:02 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

WTG Shannie, just wait til you HAVE to go clothes shopping coz all your stuff hangs off you!xxxxx
Catherine, sorry you're in pain. How many degrees will you have when you finish the ministry one? I know you were a lawyer & said you had a degree in forestry too, wow!! I feel so dim at the side of you, only having one!!!lolxxxxx
Ammi, hope the hair-colouring went well! I know I've said it on msn but WOWEEE you look FAB!! xxxxxx
Annie, glad you're back to 'eating' healthy amounts of 'food' (lol, how can they call it food? ) & WTG on the exercise!xxxxxx
Valerie, GREAT to see you're back, how's the 'backing' & riding/breaking of Gabriel going? I feel green with envy just typing this!!lolxxxxx
I have to colour my hair tonight, all the grey roots are showing! I had a haircut yesterday. (is it the time of YEAR for colours & cuts? lol!) My hairdresser hadn't seen me for about three months & went CRAZY about my weight-loss, calling me slim & sexy, lol as I'm still fat & he's gay, well I took the compliment anyway, lol!!!!
I had my weigh-in today, only down 2lbs, but my clothes are still getting baggier so it's not TOO bad.
Have to go & do more ironing, Gareth has grown in just the last month, since our last 'hot spell' we had to go out & get him a load of new tshirts, which of course had to be washed, sigh.... Sorry no time for more personals.
xxxxsharon
Old 05-24-2007, 09:44 AM   #78  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Morning guys
Not much happening here. Just been busy with my last week of work YEAH!! I got to work in the flower beds yesterday. It was so nice although I got in a fight with an 8 yr old rose bush. I won though

I am sure that my weigh in tomorrow isnt going to be so hot. I have been doing ok food wise but TOM is ready to show and I feel ...puffy!

Off to the dentist. Hope you all have a good day and I will be around to chat soon

Brenda
Old 05-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #79  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Hello all!

Sharon - so nice to hear that you're getting so many compliments. There's nobody better than a gay hairdresser to really lay it on thick, so hope that was lots of fun!

Sandy - I missed you meeting your mini-goal earlier this week so just wanted to say congrats! Keep up the great work.

CatLover - glad you've got a plan for your soon to be new scale. Hope it really helps your efforts.

Catherine - it caught my eye that you said you drink a fair bit of sugar free koolaid. I was following a discussion (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112042) about the effect that some dieters found diet soft drinks had on their success. I'm not sure what the sweetening agent in your kookaid is, but I know I read a study years ago that concluded that aspartame affected how our bodies process the fats we consumed along with it that had a detrimental affect on weight loss. Also, I've read that artificial sweetners can evoke the same insulin response that real sugar does, and insulin of course plays a role in how efficiently our body converts food energy into stored fat. Do you think you use enough artificial sweetener to make an experiment in ditching it for a couple of weeks worthwhile to see how it impacts your loss?

Today is my 40th birthday, and I woke up to a nice present. Today, for the first time in 10 years, I have a BMI under 50. All told, I've reduced my BMI by 15.6 so far. This moves me from being 'Malignantly Obese' or 'Super Obese' into plain old 'Morbid Obesity'. Yay Morbid Obesity! lol I didn't know the breakdowns of the different obesity levels until recently, so I'll post them here in case a couple of others didn't know as well and might be intereted in having some mini goals as they work through BMIs over 30.

Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Class 1 Obesity = BMI of 30 - 34.99
Class 2 Obesity = BMI of 35 - 39.9
Class 3 Obesity (Morbid) = BMI of 40 - 49.9
Malignant Obesity = BMI of 50 or greater

And my favourite BMI calculator:
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

You can put partial inches in the inches field - 5.5 will give you a different result than 6.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:06 AM   #80  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

'Kookaid' was a typo! I swear!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #81  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Val, Hang in there, Honey. You're gonna look beautiful at the wedding. Do lots of dancing, (hmmm, dirty dancing) with your man. Hold your head high, cuz you're the real thing. The phoney and shallow ex wife and sd, well, everyone will know what they are and who's the real deal. The sd will be too self absorbed to give you trouble.
I'm sorry about your dh's job. That's rough. Andy HATES his job and can't find anything else right now. It really affects their ego, so just let him know you love him. (like i have to tell you that) I'll be thinking about you this weekend and sending you lots of virtual strength.

Shannie, on you loss. That's terrific. Remember the great feeling and it'll help keep you motivated.

Metachick, Happy Birthday! And what a wonderful nsv! I don't want to know my bmi yet. I know it's the worst it could be. I'm very proud of you for getting yours down. That's just awesome!!

Kris, Can you believe Schilling's performance last night? What the heck happened? Is he injured? I only get to catch little news blurs in the mid west as we don't have espn.

Catherine, I didn't know water helped metabolize fat. That's cool info!

OMG, Has anyone watched Dr. Phil this morning? Maybe it only comes on in the afternoon where you live. It's a tear jerker. It's about a young woman, 27 or 28 years old who was abandoned by her mother, rasied by her dad. The mom totally won't take responsibility for not contacting her, her sis or brother. Then, the mom has a new family. There's another part about a man not knowing who he is cuz of lies his family told him for 38 years. It makes me think of how my ex has abandoned my kids, except for one. It's so sad. Pathetic is a good word for those people, My heart hurts for the adult children. I'm gonna go watch the rest of the show, grab some breakfast, fiber one and dannon lite and fit yogurt. And, some green tea. I'll check in later.

Last edited by Heather; 05-25-2007 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:47 AM   #82  
banned

Long weekend coming up for a lot of us! Today was weigh in. SHOCKER! Four more pounds down, and if that wasn't enough, two inches off my waist and SIX inches off my hips! Imagine that. Usually the butt is the last to go. LOL.

It's already 70 degrees this morning; looks like it's going to be hot here too. Not that I mind; I've been doing most of my walking and major working out in the evenings when it is cooler.

My friends Dave and Andy told me this morning I am starting to "look hot." ROFL! They never fail to amuse me.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:49 AM   #83  
sandybar

WAY TO GO LEANNE!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:59 AM   #84  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Good morning! What's shakin' and movin' ?

Congrats to the losing ladies and all around!

I am going to weigh myself again today to see if I have lost anything since the 6 I have lost as of Monday! (I don't have a scale).

I am proud to say that the jeans that I own (I only have 1 pair) which are usually tight just after washing are now roomy and comfy! That feels good.

I saw a full body picture of myself for the first time in months yesterday. It was from a psychology conference my school went to in Canada this month. I cannot believe how fat I look. I looked at my face and it was like I had a fat suit on. My poor little head, on top of all this fat! It embarrasses me to no end to be this big. Well, on a positive note, I asked my adviser if I could have the pictures and I will be keeping them as my "before" pictures so that next year, I can put them up along with my new ones of a fit and healthier me!
Old 05-24-2007, 02:01 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I missed a bunch...sorry guys! No time for personals right now, as I'm just flying through! It's about 92 degrees here again today. I'll try and come back after the gym tonight, so maybe I can get some personals in!
Old 05-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #86  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Sharon, Thanks, I’m feeling better today. I’m trying to take it easy today to let the inflammation go down so I won’t hurt so much. I am a wealth of useless information. Never play trivial pursuit with me, but I have trouble remembering my phone number. I only went to law school because of family pressure. I really wanted to go to grad school and study forest genetics. That was my minor. The problem is that at my size, I doubt I would have made it through the interview. Law school didn’t require an interview, only test and grades. I’ll bet after letting me in they started requiring interviews. I was never taken seriously. I did non profit work because I couldn’t get hired by a law firm with the way I looked. Now I’m doing what I want, studying what excites me, and trying to have a better second half of my life than the first half was.

Meta-I read voraciously everything that comes out about diet, nutrition and exercise. I’ve read both sides of the artificial sweetener saga. One thing I don’t have a problem with is sugar. If anything my sugar levels run low. I think the biggest problem that sweeteners have on diets is that as long as you use them, your palate never adapts to needing less sweet. That happens with some salt substitutes as well. My weight loss hurdle isn’t in what I’m eating, it is WHAT I’m eating and how much, and how much exercise I’m doing. One thing I have learned after 200 lbs is that I am a big science experiment. My doctor used to say that I was in uncharted waters for him, and that my guess was as good as his when it came to what was going to work. I’m constantly tinkering, trying to find that balance, and I am always trying to stay educated on the latest research. Any help I can get, I take willingly.

Valerie-The best thing you can do at the wedding is look very much in love. Living well is the best revenge. It will drive them mad.

Sandy-As a rabid, foaming Yankee fan, I listen to every game over the internet. Schilling seemed very hittable. Which is weird for him, especially against the Yankees. You expect that kind of thing from power pitchers in the first inning before they settle down, and I just figured that was what was up, but it continued. They didn’t mention any speeds, so his velocity might have been down, and that usually does mean some kind of injury. Seems like they would have taken him out in that case in stead of leaving him in to just gut it out. It was just like Mike Mussina the day before. Sometimes even the best pitchers just have those days. I hope he isn’t hurt.

LAnne-I’ve lost 20 inches off my hips, and still can’t fit in a chair with arms comfortably, so I know what you are saying.

SoulBliss-Before pictures are so important as motivators to lose weight, and also looking back to keep it off. My before pictures are of me sitting in a wheelchair, so that is double motivation.

I’m feeling better today. I am going to take it pretty easy today, so hopefully my feet and back and knee will give me some peace. I was totally OP yesterday, and so far today, so that feels nice. I have to remind myself that I’m in this to get healthy, but being fit won’t mean anything if I’m injured.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:26 PM   #87  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippievanlady View Post
LAnne-I’ve lost 20 inches off my hips, and still can’t fit in a chair with arms comfortably, so I know what you are saying.
I wonder if they don't make chairs the way they used to, especially those chintzy, Tinker Toy things in doctor's offices. Fortunately, my surgeon's office has the nice, high quality ones I can now fit into nicely instead of having to seek out an empty wider one or a love seat. LOL.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:10 PM   #88  
sandybar

Catherine, It's ok Honey. Ond of my dearest friends lives in NYC and lives and breathes for the Yankees. I still love her very much. Baseball is a strange game sometimes. I guess you're either on or not. With everything Schilling has been through I hope he's ok. I expect Cris or my Andy will let me know.
I am very glad you're feeling better too. Your attitude seems happier today.
Big
Old 05-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #89  
Superstar!!!

S/C/G: 314/30/150

voodoo- yes thanks, I can't wait to have to buy new clothes. Hey congrats on your good work, 2 lbs is way good. Compliments are good for you to take, they make you feel good.

Metachick- Happy Birthday!!! And congratulations on moving down to class 3 obesity, that's definately a step in the healthier direction. I'll be there soon too, I hope.

Sandybar- Thanks for the support, I know, it's definately a motivator.

LAnne- Hey congrats on the 4lbs, that's amazing. And those inches, you must be feeling pretty good, keep up the great work, that's awesome.

Soulbliss- It's good to hear that your pants are fitting much more roomier for you, way to go.

All of you ladies are such an inspiration, keep up the good work.

As you can see, I'm not very good at this personal stuff, but I'll work on it lol.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #90  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Sandy-My father was born and raised in NYC, so I grew up listening to the games over the short wave with him in the garage. His grandfather and uncles used to take him to games when they were still called the Highlanders. He once almost broke his arm falling into the dug out chasing a Babe Ruth foul ball. If I had rooted for any other team, it would be like committing treason.
Closed Thread