3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready to Try Again #1105 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/111934-300-ready-try-again-1105-a.html)

jillybean720 05-07-2007 07:57 AM

300+ And Ready to Try Again #1105

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!

jillybean720 05-07-2007 08:02 AM

Whew, looks like I started the new thread without messing anything up :D

I'm so glad the weekend is over--it was rather emotionally draining. I didn't do horribly food-wise, but man was I moody! Come to find out, my lovely TOM showed up about 3 days early yesterday, so I am hoping that was the primary reason for the emotional roller coaster.

I have to go have fasting blood work drawn this afternoon after work, which means I can't eat anything all day until after they take the blood. It's 8am, and I'm already hungry, but I know that getting through the first bout of hunger for the day will be the hardest, and then the rest of the day will be easier. I'd hoped to have the blood drawn in the morning before work, but I work at 7am, and the lab doesn't open until 7:30, so I would have had to come in to work late, and I have too much to do to come in late right now--just bad timing. Plus I already have to leave early on Thursday for my Dr.'s appointment.

Anyway, happy Monday to all, and here's wishing everyone a great start to a new week!

LitChick 05-07-2007 08:31 AM

Good morning!

Just a quick pop-in as I have to go get ready for my Tai-Chi class, but I had to give myself a pat on the back and say that this morning I was down 3.1 pounds, to 296.8, which means I have now officially lost 10% of my original weight. :D

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Jill, fasting til this afternoon? That sucks! Be sure to eat something good and filling afterwards - and of course, healthy! :)

jillybean720 05-07-2007 08:44 AM

Lesley--woohoo, 10% GONE! :carrot:

I'm thinking I'll make Jeff take me out for dinner to the place that has my favoritest salads (yes, I said "favoritest" :p ). I'm sure by the time I get home aroun 4:30-5pm, I'll want to gnaw my arm off rather than have to actually COOK something for dinner :dizzy:

33tekfan 05-07-2007 09:07 AM

Yay Lesley! Good for you!! :dancer:

MamaBplus3 05-07-2007 10:08 AM

Good Morning Ladies!:coffee:

My goodness...I don't post for a few days and it took me almost 45 minutes to catch up with you people!!:gossip:

Things around here have been INSANE!!!:crazy:

The new interim Principal has started and is a nice man. I think the transition has been easy because we really had no choice. On the other hand...he is not permenant, so maybe that has made it eaiser?:dunno: To his credit, he is giving out detention and suspensions without a problem and is all over the building all day, so at least that much is getting done.

Sammi had her last competition for this year(:yay:) yesterday, we were there from 9am until 4pm, and I am still exhausted. :tired: I am such an idiot, because they had a photographer who did "action" shots, which were pretty cool, and I waited on line for over an hour to get one. These women there take so long to make up their minds on a pose...I didn't think we were ever getting out of there.:faint: They girls did great again...but it was funny because they did the same 2 dances as last time, but the scores flip-flopped from the scores before. At least it is all over, now we just have the recital next month and that's it until September.

My boys have gotten summer jobs with the school district, so I am helping them fill out tons of paperwork...and of course, I was registering them online to be fingerprinted, and did one all correct and have the receipt to prove it, but true to form, when I did the other one, I was supposed to print 2 copies and instead of hitting print, hit my home icon and lost the page.:yikes: I was frantic and called the tech support...she sent me an email and I tried to print it...and the paper got jammed in the printer...I almost threw it from my living room into my bedroom even though Doug was still sleeping. I am definately waiting until tommorrow to try and print again.

I am now a week late w/TOM and am about to lose my mind!! And no, hubby has been "fixed" so it's not that!!!:rofl: My tummy feels so bloated that I may explode!! My TOM is starting to get further apart (Peri-Menopause:dunno: )...I just wish it was over and I didn't have to worry about anymore. Was that TMI????
Sorry my post is all about me...but I am so far behind with personals that I only have 3 for now:

Heather: I LOVE YOUR NEW PICTURE!! You look great!:whoo:

Kayley: I do WW points also. It is very easy to follow and the only suggestion I have is to make sure you keep track of everything. One thing I will always remember that my leader said is "If you bite it, write it"!!!;)

Zelma: The heart is beautiful, and is SO appropriate for you!! You have many words of wisdom to think about and I will really put them to good use! :thanks:

I am off to get ready for work...
Have a Great OP day!:cheer2:

kayleystar 05-07-2007 10:57 AM

I'm feeling good this morning. I even weighed, and it showed me down 2 pounds, but I'm not going to report it until Sunday. Because I don't want it to be a fluke. But that helps with the motivation...heh.

I've done a LOT of reading up about WW over the weekend, and I've got a whole folder here on my computer of recipes, tips, and info! :)

I really have this feeling that I'm going to succeed this time. For one, it doesn't seem like a diet! I've tried Atkins...lost about 30 pounds, and gained most of it back. Did South Beach, lost about 70 pounds...and it's hard to admit, but I gained it all back. Why? Because once you go OFF those plans, you gain it all back! With weight watchers, I can eat foods I love. I just learn portion control. Making smarter food choices to make my points last longer. I can go out and celebrate with friends, and not be forced to choose a salad EVERY SINGLE TIME. I don't have to feel GUILTY about wanting popcorn! It's all in moderation, and I'm VERY excited to try this out.

We bought some of the Smart Ones TV dinners for our lunches, since they already have the point values on them (and were cheaper than Lean Cuisine this week!). I also got some WW ice cream to have in the freezer, and we got some 100 calorie packs...they all seem to be 2 points! And then, I'll cook us one of the WW recipes for dinner. Can you tell I'm stoked?!?

I learned all about the activity points, and how to calculate those. I don't plan on using those as points I can eat, but rather, just using it as a guide to how much I should have burned off. :)

This have been a very ME post, but I wanted to let you all know how I feel today. I don't get this excited often, so bear with me. LOL! :)

Jill - Wow, that bites that you can't get the blood work until the afternoon!!! I've only had to get blood work once, and luckily, I didn't have to fast...lol. Hope all goes well with your tests!!!

Lesley - AWESOME ABOUT LOSING 10%!!! That's fantastic!!!! :D

Donna - I plan on going to Walmart, and picking up a little notebook to keep track of me & my b/f's points for the day (since we're doing it together), and also keep track of our weight/measurements, etc. That way, I can write down EVERYTHING. :) My oh my, I hope those documents print out for you. I hate when things like that happen. Have a GREAT day!

shadiepurple 05-07-2007 11:22 AM

Good Monday morning :D my sweet chickies! I am going to try to jump:running: on this train before you all get so far a head of me. I have short legs and :woops: this thing moves soooo fast.

Nothing much new for me . Just staying on plan and praying! I did get a new :tread: electric tread mill. I haven't tried it yet . I am so excited tho.:broc:

Donna: I am with you sister:crazy: . My TOM is a week late also with NO GOOD reason. I am very Anemic and TOM takes so much out of me that when I tell my DR. I missed or its late she say" Oh good for you. You get a break :blah: and can build up some strength for the next one!" She is being supportive but I just want her to fix it.:lol3:. I have all your symptoms :frypan: too. I want to go weigh in but I know I am bloated and retaining so much water I would just cry if I weigh now. Good luck with all the job stress hun. I know it's hard when KNOW IT ALLs try to change all the good stuff just to puff up their own egos. Maybe she'll huff and puff till she :bomb: blows herself up..:coffee: .lol

Jilly::stress: You poor girl. Fasting ALL day is too hard. :flow1: I hope all the tests come back great so you don't have to do it again for a long while. :goodvibes Eat healthy when its done. :hug: Hugs.:hug:

Lesley: :carrot: Tia chi in the morning?? Great for you. :dance: AND you're down almost :cheer2: 4 more lbs? You inspire me with ever post. ;) You are such a go getter, I hope to run behind you at some point soon. :sunny: You're so beautiful!!:goodluck:

:dust: Have a super strong OP day ladies.:kickbutt: :congrat: :crossed: :wizard: :grouphug: :bravo: :hug:

shadiepurple 05-07-2007 11:36 AM

Kayley::o we must have been posting together!:D

It sounds like you are really thinking this one out completely. :yes: GOOD 4 YOU!

This battle is such a total consumer of every thing we do. Planning meals, eating out:burger: WWAAYYY in advance, get togethers, and even down to just :bubbles: hanging out.

Food rules and :stars: fatties drool.:drool: That is just so not :crazy: fair. I hope starting fresh while your on break from school will give you a:running: running head start. :goodluck: YOU GO GIRL:carrot: :dance: :high:

DJCJRun 05-07-2007 12:24 PM

Hey everyone, doing great, back on the treadmill. I am loving life. I will write more later. Yeah to everyone who had losses.

going to lose 200 05-07-2007 12:25 PM

Hi girls
My meeting went well today. The bride seems very happy. I have to call her back to make an appt for their engagement/wedding announcement picture. I forgot to do that while I was there. I guess that was part of my nerves *L*

Anyhow, I just had lunch and thinking on a quick catnap before I have to go to work. I have to work at both jobs tomorrow so I will be up early etc tomorrow and work tonight till midnight. I can't wait till I dont have to work nights again... 14 more work days :) :cheer: things will be SO much better then! I will have lots of time to devote to all my other "stuff"

ok, time for a quick snooze and then I will be off to work!
Brenda :wave:

kayleystar 05-07-2007 12:48 PM

Shadie - That new treadmill should definately help melt some of those pounds off ya, girl! As for WW, I think I've DEFINATELY been putting a lot more thought into it than my other previous diets. I'm just so PUMPED! :D

Brenda - Hope you get that rest you deserve!!!! :D

Well, I'm on the job hunt again, looking for something a little closer than my previous job. I have an interview for a data entry position on Wednesday. :crossed: I really hope something comes of it. I'm just glad my finger is good for typing again...cuz I type about 70-75 words a minute, and I wouldn't want them to not hire me, cuz I couldn't type fast enough all because of my stupid finger! lol. So far, I'm doing good with my points. I had a nice little bowl of Special K Yogurt & Berries. Only 3 points for the bowl w/ milk! :D I'm going to try and space my meals/snacks out, too, and try and eat every 2.5 - 3 hours.

I'll be back here a bit later. It's a beautiful day out! I've got the patio door open to get some fresh air in here, and I've just been doing some house cleaning while Andrew's at the gym.

Jniniffer 05-07-2007 12:49 PM

Hi ladies!!

I'm feeling pretty good today. When I go into the center today I am hoping to see a loss after staying the same on Saturday. I've been staying on plan and drinking all my water, I am so proud of myself. When I put an old shirt on this morning that I have not worn since before I was pregnant I could totally tell the difference that it was looser! Plus, the pants I just bought are already falling off ( I guess it could be I don't have any hips and a flat butt right now! :D)

Jill-I hope the blood work is soon!! so you can have something to eat!

Lesley- 10% that is awesome!! I remember when I got ther! :D

Donna- I hope you get what you need printed!

Kayley- When I was here before you did SO well! I know you can do it again!

Okay I will come back later when I go in to see if I have lost anything more :)

blondiewyandt 05-07-2007 12:53 PM

Hi everyone,
Thanks Ammi he is doing great. I have allot more weight now to lose.Very sad about that.I gained over 80 pounds during my pregnancy.I just seem to get too hungry I am breast feeding so I cant do a real strict diet. I am still recoverying from c-section so no exercise right now. Any tips or ideas please do let me know.. Hugs to all...

MetaChick 05-07-2007 01:31 PM

Hey all...thanks so much to the well wishers for my little weekend getaway. We had a very nice time, and my son loved his day at the amusement park. For me that part of the trip was hard and a little depressing. It was a lovely day - sunny and warm - and it was nice to be out, but I had to pay over 100.00 to get us both into the park and I couldn't use any of the rides because of my size. I knew that going in, and I didn't even try, but I felt really kind of diminished as a human being in a small way being made to pay anyway. Also, I was just kind of exhausted and aching - it's a long time to be on your feet and standing in lines and walking around. So, a victory to look forward to for the future! For now, I'm glad I was able to give my son a special day, though it will be more special in the future when we can ride together.

Just had to pick up on Catherine's story from the last thread about the comments of the cardiologist. What a terrible, destructive, inexcusable thing to say to a person. What happened to 'First do no harm'? What a way to reveal his limitations not only as a doctor, but as a human being. Catherine, I hope that what he said was such an obvious and egregious violation that it didn't get down into your soul even at the time. If it did, success is the best revenge.

And I have to jump on the 'Awesome new picture, Heather!' bandwagon. It really is a remarkably different look at you, and it's a very, very nice picture. Cool!

mechell81 05-07-2007 02:43 PM

Hey everyone-

Well I am feeling tons better! I was already sick with a cold then I got food poisoning! OK that literally was the worst I think I have EVER felt in my life. So I am SO happy that is over with! I am so scared to eat out now! I guess that can be a good thing right? And of course right when the food poison episode is over TOM decides to show up early!:dizzy: Well I have missed so much but I wanted to get a few personals in.

WYLLENN~Love your new pic! You look great!:)

JILL~Sorry you have to fast so long! I hope everything with your blood work turns out fine.

LESLEY~WTG on losing 10%!!!:congrat: Oh and I was just curious...when did you officially start losing weight? You have been doing fantastic!

KAYLEY~WW sounds like a good idea. I have been thinking about looking into it myself. Its great you are excited about it!:) And I hope you get the job you want!:goodluck:

JENN~WTG on staying on plan. And what great NSVs! I always see my losses first in the way my clothes start to get looser.

OK sorry to cut this short. I hope you all are having a good day. :hug:

Lilion 05-07-2007 02:45 PM

Aarrgghh!

EVIL, EVIL, EVIL FOOD! :devil:

Went to lunch with a friend. Applebees. WW menu. Easy, huh?

Then she suggested we get dessert. "Let's just split one." say I. Do we get the WW dessert? NO! We get the Maple Walnut Blondie (with maple butter sauce of course.)

I get back to the office and do an exhaustive search on the internet and finally find nutrition data for it.

CALORIES -- 1,307
FAT -------- 66 g.
FIBER ------ 3 g.

A TWENTY SIX point dessert! :faint: I only get 27 a freakin' day! :mad:

At least I only had 1/2 of it. I suppose that's something. It's a vegetarian dinner for me tonight!

Kaylee - This is where the true joy of Weight Watchers comes in...flex points!!! YAY! I don't have to starve - I do have some of those left!!! :p

Michelle, glad you are feeling better!

Brenda, so glad your meeting when well! Good for you!

I know other folks need responding to, but I haven't the time! I'll try to bbl and get some replies. Until then, DON'T eat the Blondie at Applebee's and Have a Terrific OP day!!!

LAnneCarrington 05-07-2007 03:00 PM

Well, today was the doctor visit, then I went to dancercise class.

I was nervous about the first band adjustment today....at one point, I even went to the bathroom almost in tears, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be once the port was found and the saline went in. I was expecting this GIANT needle, but actually it wasn't that big...LOL. 1 cc of saline went in, which I didn't feel at all. I laughed later for being such a scaredy cat fool.

And I lost three more pounds.:carrot:

I go back June 4 for the second adjustment...I am on soft stuff today and tomorrow and then back to regular food.

It's beautiful out today...I may go for a walk later after my (soft) dinner.:running:

Torister 05-07-2007 03:06 PM

Just popping in to report my bloodwork results. Most of it was normal. The doc was quite happy with my total cholesteral level of 137...YES if you can believe that! WOW! My LDL is 96 (under 100 is optimal they say) and my HDL is 34 (need to increase this a bit to 50-60), but she says with the food changes and the exercise it should get better. My TSH is about 3 times what it should be, so they are starting me on a low dose med for that and will up it if need be. I will have to go in for another blood test in 6-8 weeks for that.

Overall the Dr. was very happy with my test results and that was a BIG relief to me.

On the WI front. It was a rollercoaster week foodwise, but I am still OP and maintained my weight this week.

:hug: :hug: to you all!!

LitChick 05-07-2007 03:34 PM

Hello Everyone!

Well my tai-chi class got postponed until Wednesday, and I didn't find out until right before I was going to leave. So instead, I just went walking for an hour. I have been craving Indian something awful, so after walking I went grocery shopping and they have these 'ethnic gourmet' frozen dinners. I got tikka masala and palak paneer and had the tikka for lunch today - it was pretty good! Of course not as good as going to a restaurant but then again it was a lot less calories and fat, too. For anyone following WW, it was 5 points, about the same as one of those lean cuisine dinners. And it satisfied my craving and gave me something else to add to my lunch menu. :)

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and congratulations on my little milestone. :goodvibes My next mini-goal is to get down to the weight I put on my driver's license - 275! :lol: Tell me I'm not the only one who lied about that!

Jill, I hope your tests this afternoon go OK. I always have to tell the tech exactly where to take the blood from or else they poke and prod me searching for a vein, sometimes missing - ouch! A salad sounds really yummy - what is your favoritest kind?

Donna, I'm glad to hear the new guy is working out so far, too bad he's just temporary. Perhaps they'll look at making him permanent?

Kayley, good for you for finding the right plan for you! Sounds like you're all prepared and ready to go - good luck, you can do this! Once I get some more time, I'll hunt around for some of the WW-inspired recipes I especially liked and post them. Good luck with the job hunt!

Shadie, you are so sweet, it makes me smile everytime I see and read one of your posts. :hug: Oooh, a treadmill all your own? Lucky you! I hope you rack up lots of miles on it! :woops: And thank you so much for your kind words - I'm glad I can reciprocate some of the support and inspiration I've received here.

Brenda, I'm glad to hear your meeting with the bride went well. See, nothing to get worried about! Easier said than done, huh? ;)

Jenn, it's a fabulous feeling to have once too-small or too-tight clothes fit or be loose, isn't it! Good for you for staying OP and chugging that water - I hope your hard work is reflected on the scale today. :)

Blondie, have you checked in the 'Dieting with Obstacles' forum? There should be some info there on dieting/exercise for new mommies.

Metachick, glad to hear you had a good weekend with your son, despite the rides situation. We can all relate to that one, I'm sure! I used to pretend after awhile that I didn't like the rides, because I didn't want my friends to think it was just because I wouldn't fit. Someday we'll get there! :hug:

Michelle, you just can't catch a break, can you? I hope the various sickbugs stay far away from you for a good while! I started this plan on March 5th, so about two months now. I go back to my doctor next month for a checkup and I'm really curious as to what my bloodwork - and the doc - will say.

Lilion, on the up side, at least you did split it, so in the larger scheme of things, 16 points isn't THAT bad. And that's part of why the flex points are there, right? To help you through those kind of situations.

LAnne, I'm glad to hear the doc visit wasn't as bad as you feared and congrats on another 3lbs gone! :carrot:

Peggy, glad to hear the results were positive. What does TSH stand for?
__________________________________________________ _______

Alrighty, I'm off to do a bit of laundry and housecleaning before hubby gets home. Talk to you ladies later - hope everyone's having a great day! :wave:

MamaBplus3 05-07-2007 03:58 PM

Hi...I have 2 seconds to let you guys know that I posted pic's from the competitions on the picture page if you want to see...BBL or tommorow!!
XXX

DIVAINTRAINING 05-07-2007 04:03 PM

Hi, this is my first post ever...I need encouragement I am almost 300 pounds..it hurts even to type the number and I cannot seem to stick to a plan everytime I start one, 3 weeks later I give up.
I want to try this 'smash diet'. What are the pitfalls?
need encouragement

mechell81 05-07-2007 04:28 PM

LILION~Thanks I am so happy to be feeling better. I hear ya about almost using all of your points! It amazes me how many calories/fat is in just a piece of dessert!

LANNE~Congrats on losing 3 pounds!:bravo:

PEGGY~That is great about most of your blood work coming back normal! So with your TSH level that means you are hypothyroid right? I am hypo and am on synthyroid. I hope the medicine will help soon!

LESLEY~Thanks I hope I can stay well! Well you are doing awesome for being on plan for 2 months! You must be so excited! I bet your blood work will come back with some good news! Sorry your class was canceled. It sounds fun though. And yes I think even when I was thinner I lied about my weight on my license. Thank God they don't make us weigh there!:lol:

DONNA~Great pics! The girls are so cute!

DIVA~:welcome: So glad you joined! I totally understand about starting up and then quitting weeks later. I used to give up the next day! I have found this site really helpful because when I fail or eat wrong for a whole week I have everyone here to remind me to just pick myself back up and keep trying. Again welcome!:)

OK off to do the dreaded laundry! Its never ending! :lol:

DIVAINTRAINING 05-07-2007 04:35 PM

Thank you for the welcome! I'm off to the grocery store so I can start this 'lifestyle change' tomorrow!

Diva

dogpal 05-07-2007 04:44 PM

Cris: Your new picture on your avitar is beautiful. You are a very pretty lady.

Lisa: Sorry you are bumming about not being able to do the liquid diet right now. Try to concentrate on getting your leg healed up. June will be here in a jiffy!

Kayley: Good luck on ww. I hope it is the perfect plan for you guys.

Brenda: So glad the bride liked your stuff and hired you! Awesome.

Jilly: Poor thing. By now you have probably eaten some lunch at least.

Lesley: Wooohoooo on being at 10% lost! That is so awesome. I have about 6 more pounds to go myself for my first 10%. I am so happy for you.

Donna: Have a great day.

Shadie; Hope you get that new treadmill soon. Hugs.

Michelle: Glad you are feeling better

LeeAnnC: so glad that the fill went easier than you thought and also congrats on another 3 lost.

Lilion: It's okay. Just get back on the wagon the rest of the day and you will be fine!

Peggy: Glad that most of your tests came back good. Hugs.

Divaintraining: Welcome. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have. The ladies here are amazing.

As for me, I am down another 6 .5 pounds today. I have changed my ticker to reflect the loss. 6 more pounds and I will be 1) at a 10% weight loss and 2) past the old 460 mark that I always stop at. I hope you gals are all doing well and having wonderful op days filled with exercise.

Blessings all,
Annie

Lilion 05-07-2007 04:53 PM

Annie, you are just doing GREAT! :yay: I'm so happy for you! Those are some terrific losses you have been posting!

Divaintraining - :welcome: I can't answer your question, but I'm sure someone can! Don't dispair! I got to 328 before I finally turned it around and it's still a struggle...but every day is a new day to start over!

Question - I saw at least two folks who have "intuitive eating" mentioned under their avatar. What is that???

mechell81 05-07-2007 05:30 PM

DIVA~Have fun grocery shopping!

ANNIE~YAY on losing 6.5 pounds! You will make those goals!:congrat: :cheer2:

OK I seriously now have to do laundry. I keep getting sucked back into surfing on the web! :lol:

LKBHouston 05-07-2007 05:40 PM

Hi Everyone!

Not a lot to say today. I'm getting organized at work for some visitors tomorrow. The stacks were piled high on my desk, but I can now see the desk again so I'm making progress.

Litchick - Less than 300 lbs is magnificent and 10% of your body weight lost is even more impressive. You go girl. Keep it up!

Metachick - When I was a teenager, I worked at amusement parks and absolutely loved to visit. I finally quit going later in life because of my weight and the fear that I wouldn't fit in the seats. I never tried because I didn't want confirmation that I was too big. I feel for you and I'm sorry it made you feel bad. Don't be too hard on yourself. There are a bunch of us out there who are in the same boat. Keep your chin up!

Michelle - What a bummer! That is so depressing when you think you did good and you end up seeing the calories go wild. When I joined my weight management plan, they made us do a calorie check of things we liked to eat when we dined out. I picked a salad that I usually get and some egg rolls. I ended up at 2,000 calories and I thought I had been eating light. It's dangerous out there, but don't get down on yourself. Just keep pluggin'.

Tourister - Cholesterol of 137 - amazing! Congrats!

LANNE - Congrats on losing 3 pounds and making it through the first adjustment. I have heard that it takes some trial and error with adjustments before you find the right fill, so give it time.

Divaintraining - I know how you feel about nearing 300. I joined this site in February at 286 and was just mortified when I had to admit it in writing. You will find a lot of support here. Everyone has the same issues and we are all very understanding and supportive of one another. You are not alone.

Annie - Down 6.5! Amazing!!!!! I'm so happy for you. Isn't it great when you start seeing such impressive, continued results? That just gives you more motivation to keep it up. I knew liquids would work for you. Congratulations again. I'm proud of you.

Well, everyone have a happy day! I'll check in later!

Lisa

CatherineM 05-07-2007 06:16 PM

Ammi-I think it was thinking I was going to die that did more than anything. What he said to me made me mad, not inspired. As for shoe sizes, at my largest, I was a 13. When I lost weight, I went down to an 11, and now I’m a 12 after all the walking I do now. I haven’t worn a size 6 shoe since I was 6 years old.

Valerie-I don’t even remember what the guys name was. I suppose I could find it on my medical records somewhere. I vaguely remember him looking like one of those marathon running, wheat grass drinking eccentric.

Wyllenn-Your new picture makes you look at least 10 years younger.

Lillion-I’ve been feeling the same way about eating. I’m so nervous right now, that I’m trying to balance not eating too much, with not getting down on myself too much. I will be so glad to get this immigration stuff over with Wednesday, so I can refocus.

Annie-I’m glad that you are feeling better. Another 6.5 pounds you will never see again, and good riddance.

Lisa-I think sometimes these things happen just to remind us that we are in it for the long haul, and that we have to be diligent.

Meta-I never let people like that cardiologist touch me inside. That’s actually been bad in a way over the years. I had trouble letting anyone inside. I prefer being open now to the way I was then.

I know I’ve forgotten about half of you ladies, but I’m just so tired. I’ve been cleaning all day to get ready for the party on Wednesday. Who vacuums a patio? I’m so nervous about Wednesday that my perfectionism is at high mark. I actually told him that he couldn’t use the bathroom sink for the next two days because I had already cleaned it. He wanted to know if he should wash his hands in the toilet, and I told him it wouldn’t make much of a difference. I’m just trying not to lose it. I’ll hope to catch up with everyone later in the week.

kayleystar 05-07-2007 06:19 PM

One of my oldest friends came by to see our apartment for the first time. She goes to school in Lansing (3+ hours away), so I don't get to see her all that often. It's amazing how having company, can make you NOT think of food! I think I need to have company ALL the time! lol! I'll be around for a little while, and then it's OFF to the gym! :D

Jenn - Can't wait to hear if you've lost more!!!! I'm sure you have!!!

Michelle - Man oh man...doesn't sound like the best of weeks, that's for sure!!!

Lilion - Whenever I go to Applebees, I just have to HIDE the dessert menu!!! It's far too tempting. I love the fact that they have the WW menu. I just wish Andrew didn't HATE Applebee's!

LAnne - That's GREAT news that you lost another 3 pounds!!! And that'll be so nice to be able to eat 'real' food again, huh?! :D

Lesley - Good for you for not just calling it a non-exercise day, since your class got cancelled! That'd determination!!! :D

Divaintraining - Hello and WELCOME to the 300 + boards!!! It can be SO hard to 'admit' to your weight, but that's the first step. I don't know anything about the 'smash' diet, so I am of no help there, but I look forward to seeing you around! :)

Annie - ANOTHER 6 POUNDS!!! That is so fantastic!!! You are going to hit that 460, and you're going to completely blow it out of the water, at the rate you're going!!!! :cheer:

Xena2005 05-07-2007 07:35 PM

Scary realization.....

I have been planning a long weekend to the Grand Canyon with 2 girlfriends. One of the things we plan to do is have spa treatments while we are there. I have booked a facial, mani/pedi....no massages for this fat girl just yet. But it just hit me that when you go to the spa, they give you a robe to wear. I am certain their robe will not fit me. My chest, waist, and hips are all pushing 60". I will be mortified. I don't know what solution there is. Ohwell, going to go walk my dog for now and try not to think about it.

toofatforu 05-07-2007 08:17 PM

way to go Annie i am so happy for you!

futurediva 05-07-2007 09:30 PM

Hi Everyone
Just finished excersising and wanted to say hello.
ANNIE: way to go on the wt loss!! your doing amazing:) im so happy and proud of you!
BRENDA: im so glad your client seems happy, im sure your business will be booming soon!
METACHICK: very soon you will be riding all those rides and having a great time. trust me, we have all been there. you are an amazing mom/person for making sure the day was special for your son:)
KAYLEY: i know you will do well with WW, as we have said, its a lifestyle change, and for me, if i cant have a healthy substitute of the foods i like, i will fail. i love all the wt watchers products, and my plan is basically like WW.
TORRISTER: glad to hear your lab work was good, i hope your thyroid gets straightned out.
LESLEY: you go girl!! 10% of your wt is an awesome milestone! keep up the good work!
DIVA: welcome from another diva:) you will love it here, and find amazing support and inspiration!
LILLION: the deserts at Applebees are evil!! they are all something i like!! you did better than me, i would have wanted the whole thing!
LISA: how is your ankle? when did you say your cast was coming off? i am proud of you for maintaining your sanity through this ordeal. you will be 100% soon, and i know you will continue to do great with wt loss.
XENA: can you bring your own robe? i think most of those places have the white terry cloth types, maybe you could get one. dont even think of that, think about the fun time you will have getting pampered and being with your friends:)
CATHERINE: I wish i could motivate myself to go on a cleaning frenzy like you did. my house is clean, but no where near what im sure yours looks like! hopefully the immigration paperwork ordeal will be over soon.
MECHELLE: hopefully the next few months will find you illness free:) bless your heart, you've been through it recently!
I know i have missed some people, you are all in my thoughts
As for me, i am good. my work week is hectic as usual, but i see the end of this week coming:) i have made a commitement to make my excersise and food my top priority for this month(and hopefully all the others) i hope to see a loss and get out of the 200's this week or next:)
hope everyone has a great night:)

Heather 05-07-2007 09:44 PM

Lilion -- Did you at least enjoy the blondie??

Litchick -- Everyone lies on their driver's license it seems. I'm in the odd position of having my license weight MORE than my current weight, by something like 50 pounds!!!!! Next time I renew, baby, that weight is going DOWN!

Annie -- 6 pounds!!! :woohoo:

Diva -- It is hard to write that number at first, but this is a great support place. Sorry I don't know anything about Fat Smash, but there's a forum about it, around here somewhere. I think under "general diet plans". Good luck!

I'm working at the office tonight. I try to work somewhere different every night for a change of pace. Yes, I am trying to put a positive spin on it. I'm not happy about working all the time. 4 more weeks of this...

kayleystar 05-07-2007 10:02 PM

Xena - Is there any way you can take your OWN robe? I really don't think they could say anything about it....

Kymberly - What plan are you following? How many more pounds until you're out of the 2's?! That's exciting! :)

Just got back from the gym. I had planned to do cardio AND weights, but I did 30 minutes of INTENSE work on those machines, and I am FEELING it! Instead of trying to wear myself out every night by doing both, I think I'll alternate. Mon & Weds do weights, and Tues, Thurs, Fri (if I go...they close early) doing cardio. :) I am feeling SO good, and I earned 9 activity points. I'm not going to eat an extra nine points, but it's neat to know how many points you 'earn' back. I get 33 points a day, and so far I've only had 14! And I'm not STARVING or anything! I'm going to have a little snack, and make dinner. Whole wheat pita sandwiches. Only 3 points a piece! I'm going to have 2. Heh. I'll be back here before bed, to let you all know how I finished for the day! :)

CatherineM 05-07-2007 10:13 PM

Xena-Whenever I have concerns about fitting, I call. I ask if they have a robe to fit X number of inches. If not, then why not. If they don't, take your own, and maybe the next large woman that goes will have one to fit if you throw a big enough fit. They are basically your employees, expect them to act as such. Don't be shy, throw your weight around like a rich, pompous fat guy would.

Vilandra485 05-07-2007 10:16 PM

Hi Ladies - I've been brought down a few pegs of excitment, LOL....my new ACCURATE dial scale says 340lbs!!!! I knew my scale was going downhill, but I didn't know it was THAT off. I am very disappointed to come here starting over - again. But here goes nothing. TODAY is my first day...who cares about anything before today (including the 2 days worth of calories I ate the day I found out my REAL weight 2 days ago!). As far as I'm concerned this is my first weight loss attempt, I will be calorie counting - no "extras" if I'm still hungry, 2000 calories is enough for anyone, I can't get greedy, and I'm going to exercise...starting now - I'm off for a walk before I get depressed about being up to a starting weight! (I even gave in and made a new siggy and ticker...) Hope everyone is doing well.

~M

kayleystar 05-07-2007 10:31 PM

Melissa - Sorry to hear that it shows a 'gain', but you'll get there! I'm glad you didn't let it get you TOO down!!! Here's to a NEW start!!! :D

kayleystar 05-08-2007 12:05 AM

Day 1 of WW: 26/33 points! 7 under! Plus, I got 9 activity points, for a point adjustment of: 17 points! :D In my WW log I bought, I'm counting it as 26 points...I just think the adjustment is kinda neat.

I'll see you chicks in the AM!

Xena2005 05-08-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

Don't be shy, throw your weight around like a rich, pompous fat guy would.
Catherine, you make me laugh!!! I know you are right. I just need to find out so that if I need to bring my own I can. Although even bringing my own will embarrass me in front of my friends. I know I shouldn't care.....but I do. :(

Kayley - Be careful not to get in the habit of eating too few points. Are you doing the most current version of WW? If so, then 33 is your "target" and you are intended to eat AT LEAST that much every day. Also, consider eating at least some on your exercise points you earn. I've heard it time and time again in my meetings from people who thought if X points is good the a few less than X is better. Not so. Those people tended to struggle and struggle to get the weight off and then when they upped their points a bit the weight came off. Don't restrict yourself unnecessarily. It may backfire. Sorry....off my soapbox now. Just trying to help and be mother hen-ish. :hug:

Well, I am up too late (for me) studying and I've had about enough. My final is tomorrow but I'll just have to get up early in the morning to finish. I am tired...what is it our chickies across the pond would say? I'm knackered I think it is. Correct me if I am wrong Sharon and Ammi. :)