3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

300+ And Ready to Try Again #1105

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 10:21 AM   #76

Catherine! Your post made me teary! You SO deserve your happiness and relief and contentment! I'm very happy for you!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:23 AM   #77
Shadiepurple

Good morning sweet chickies!

Cathrine: You sweet lovely lady, it's time for some peace in your life. You made me cry when you wrote about looking around your home with the sweet sence of it REALLY being yours. I have those moments sometimes, but it is usually when I am feeling sorry for myself. Thank you for making me see the blessings not my pitty party. I am happy you and your bear on the sofa can have the whole cake of life together now. Enjoy and relax lady.

Donna: TOM should be at your house soon. Lord knows he has over stayed himself at mine!!! All I had to do was complain out loud and BAM!
Sorry your baby made you feel old tuning 18. I cried when my oldest baby turned 21 last October. I think it was so hard because I knew he wasn't happy. Now things are looking up for him and it is much easier. My 16 yr old is the one i cry about. He is so smart and waaaayy ahead at getting a great start on a full life. I feel like it is going so fast. He's done with high school, started in college in April, took to it with such ease. He works at the movie theater and has already been promoted to shift leader. He is going to China in July for an enviornmental youth confrince that he has paid for from his job. He does volenteer clean up projects every couple of weeks. Ok I guess I am saying I am very proud of him but my point is he really doesn't need a mama and he is only 16. WWAAAHH, poor me..LOL. Just enjoy the moments mom.

Annie my love, I am so happy for you! I think all your hard work that wouldn't show it's self a few months ago was you breaking all the stubborn fat loose so you could just drop it now in big motivating chunks. I have to say I am jelous but happier for you than you will ever know. Keep moving girl, you inspire me!

Sharon: WOWIE ZOWIE girl. You are already what i want my after picture to look like. You are very hot lady. I sooo love the way you are workin' those jeans. And how old were you when you had your first baby??? no way you have a 20yr old! It must have been hard having a baby at 8 yrs old..you're a living doll girl...keep it movin.'

I am doing well Can't wait to weigh in, but i won't rush. I just hope it doesn't disappoint. I feel myself reaching that dreaded "I'm tired of this crap" period I hit that has in the past cost me to regain. So far I am still OP and still having trouble meeting the 1500 cal the dietician says i have to have to make my meds work well. I end up with like 700-900 a day.It's such a hard trip. Pray for me chickies!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:59 AM   #78

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

lilion: Congrats on the loss! Great job hanging in there and not giving up after your yummy dessert! I'm proud of you.

Kayley: Sorry the job interview wasn't what you thought. I hope this time it is different and they call you for a postition that you love!

Sharon: Congrats on -2! I have to say your bootie looks pretty darn good in the jeans! You look great!

Missy: Good job staying op

Lesely: I will be praying for your old boss. Have fun with all your Tai-Chi

Donna: your daughter is a doll. Hugs about your baby turning 18!

Catherine: I am not a very emotional person and you almost moved me to tears with your love of your home and your hubby. You deserve the very best that the Lord has and I am so happy for you truly I am. Hugs.

Kymberly: Hi doll.

Shadie: Hey my lovely friend. Thank you for the sweet words. I will be praying that you can eat the right amount so your meds will work. Isn't it ironic that we at our size at times have trouble meeting the calorie quota! lol. You are doing soooo well. I love that you have lost 35 pounds but I love it even more that you are only 4 pounds from getting forever out of the dreded 4's! I'm hopefully right behind you my friend! Hugs.

I slept sooo well with the CPAP. I feel so refreshed already. I am still tired but I think it is because I took a Cholopin last night for nerves and anxiety. lol Once that wears off Ill be just fine. I did manage to go swim yesterday and truly enjoyed myself. I am hoping to go back today. I have so much to do before my MIL gets here. Oh, well, it will all happen when it happens. lol I hope you all have wonderful op days filled with love and blessings from God.

Bless you all,
Annie
Old 05-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #79

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Catherine -- I was soooo pleased to read your post! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

My 5 C's of healthy living: Commitment to conscious control, with the understanding that choices have consequences
Old 05-10-2007, 12:45 PM   #80
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Catherine - welcome home! So glad it's totally official!!!
Annie - I am so humbled and thrilled for your ongoing success! Brav- brav- brav- O!

Once again, I've only skimmed the thread to catch up, and there's so much I'd like to say that I'm frustrated by not having enough time. I just don't get here enough.

I have to admit that I'm sliding. You know that "I lost it and regained it all" thing that we go thru? Well, I'm past the maintaining point, afraid to get on the scale again, and staring the re-gain thing in the face. It's on my kitchen counter hiding in the box of Corn Pops my housemate brought in. It's sitting on the top shelf of the spice cabinet in a bag of butter mints. It's lurking at the Chinese restaurant where I order steamed chicken & veggies and they refuse to give it to me without rice and crab rangoons. And yes, it's in that chocolate bar that I try to convince myself is only because of tom. It's everywhere. It's stalking me and surrounding me. My willpower - no, my good SENSE - seems to abandon me 100 times a day.

The liquid diet was gone with constant cheating that got worse every day. Lately I seem to cheat on everything I try after a few days. Even though I get through most of the day OK, I fall apart and overeat at night. I can't seem to stop prowling the kitchen.

I remember how good exercise felt, but I feel so awful now that I don't get anything regular going. I have several weddings, parties & birthdays to get through in the next 3 weeks, one of them my own and I know people will be throwing cake at me from all directions, and one that I have to make the cake for - 3 cakes actually.

I feel defeated. At least in the short run. The cravings are as horrendous and powerful as they've ever been in my life. I KNOW what I have to do to stop them. I know. Why doesn't KNOWing make it EASY? Or at least POSSible?

The only thing that's ever worked for me was cutting out the carbs. Every single bit of processed sugar and flour has to be gone. I don't have a problem with fats - it's those dad-gummed sugars that make my brain sizzle and search for more poison frantically.

I'd throw those buttermints away right now, but I don't trust myself to touch the package. I'm sure the scale has hit 280 or better again, and I just refuse to let it go any higher. Today. I've got to do something today.

Isn't it amazingly odd to have two desparate desires that totally oppose each other? I desparately want to eat, and desparately don't want to deal with the consequences. I so want to be good and I so want to be bad. I so want to succeed, and I so want to do everything that will make me fail. ...Why couldn't I just be caught in a big love/sex triangle instead? That would have to be more fun.

I think I'll go mow the lawn and then go grocery shopping. There. A plan of action instead of just denial. I know already, too, that I have to provide myself with good options in the fridge, or I'll simply find something destructive.

I'm sorry for another very selfish post. But you're the only ones who 'get it.'

Today. It has to start today.
and again tomorrow. and the day after that.
There is no giving up. There is no end. There is only forward and the future and the fight.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:20 PM   #81

S/C/G: 420/407/?

Height: 5'5

Today's been a pretty quiet day. Went over to Sprint, and had them switch my phone. I had a Razr, but I was constantly paranoid about breaking it, so I went back and got the Fusic. It's really neat, cuz it's an MP3 player, too. Just have some housework to do, and then off to the gym tonight. Luckily, it's my cardio night, cuz my arms are SORE! lol. Hope you're all having a great day!!

Melissa - Good luck finding the perfect one! Andrew & I wanted to get bikes, since we live near town, and there's lots of good spots to ride around here...but we just wouldn't have any place to STORE them! Bah. I love bike riding, though.

Lesley - Oh my goodness!!! I'm glad that your friend is doing alright!! It's good that she's keeping in such high spirits. My Mom was diagnosed back 10 years ago with stomach cancer, but they caught it in time. Almost 3 years ago now, she was diagnosed with colon cancer, and had to undergo chemotherapy. I think it really helped her that she kept her spirits up, and her sense of humor. It's no wonder those pounds are dropping off of you! You are keeping SO busy! Way to keep on moving!

Catherine - I too, am SO glad that the whole immigration ordeal is over for you! Finally, you'll be able to live in PEACE! lol I'm glad that the party went well...it sounds like it was a fun time.

Donna - FINALLY!!! Which dvds is it that you ordered anyhow?

Annie - So glad that you had a restful night's sleep! Have a great day!!!!

Valerie - It's SO hard to look those numbers in the 'face', once you've already lost them....ugh. But you are TRYING again! Just keep at it, girl, and you'll be on that horse, and looking stunning!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #82

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hey guys!! I havn't been on in a couple of days, been busy chasing my twins and taking care of a 2 month old Well in my first week back on Herbal Magic I lost 4lbs and 2 inches! Since yesturdays weigh in I lost another 3lbs for a total of 7lbs! My goal is becoming more realistic everyday!

Halloween Goal

Old 05-10-2007, 07:01 PM   #83

Jenn - That's FANTASTIC news!!! Congratulations!!! I have no doubt you'll make your July 1st goal! You'll probably blow it out of the water!!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #84

Cooking dinner....the recipe for Cordon Bleu that Lilion posted... My knee is hurting SO bad....I'll have to stick to the treadmill tonight, and it isn't going to be fast. It actually hurts when I walk. Might have overdone it on the weights last night...just a titch. Heh. Well, off to finish dinner, then gymtime!
Old 05-10-2007, 08:25 PM   #85
peace out

S/C/G: 318.4/289/145

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone,

The board has slowed down a little this week...I know in my little part of the world the weather has been fantastic - too good to stay in on the computer - so I bet that's what's going on for most everyone.

It's been a good week for me food wise. Had some stressful moments that might have normally sent me to the chocolate, but I refrained. Yay! Not getting enough excercise, though I do try to do at least a few minutes of yoga everyday.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Cris

First mini goal: 10% lost

one for every ten pounds lost!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:13 PM   #86

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone~~

a quick post to say that I'm doing pretty good and that I'm -7 lbs. I am so excited because it's only since May 4th that I started logging it in my Excel program again. I ended up hurting my back and not able to exercise aat all for 4 days so I just waited until the bf came home from FLA to really start again. I follow a low carb diet and I forgot how quickly the weight melts off at first. I know that some of you probably don't approve--but I'll take the losses any way I can get them. I've decided that I'm going to start looking for a plastic surgeon for when I get under 200 lbs. I would like to have a tummy tuck and maybe some liposuction. I have a "kangaroo pouch" if you know what I mean--and I don't think I'll lose it any other way. I figure that a doctor would want me under 200 before he would even consider an operation. Does anyone else know or have some advice for me? Thanks.

Catherine--I'm glad to hear that your immigration ordeal is over. I've been reading but not posting much. Yay for you!

Kayley--I was sorry to hear about you hurting your knee. I've done that too and it stinks. It'll probably take a couple of days--it did for me anyway. Good luck.

Val--don't feel bad! As soon as you are ready you'll jump right back on the wagon. Just keep thinking and remembering how good you feel when you're eating healthy and working out and you WILL start again. I gained 20 lbs. back from what I lost and I felt sick. Why did I stop when I was doing so good for so long? Well I'll tell you it was because of a plateau that just never stopped. I went off my plan for a few months and gained back 20 lbs. I am losing it fast since I've been off my plan for a while and I've started walking on my treadmill again--even jogging once in a while (how the **** did that happen?) Anyway--when you do re-start it will be good and you'll be ready again.

Okay, I have to go to bed. I get up at 5:15 a.m. and it's 10:12 right now. You all have a great night and I'll TRY to get back tomorrow.

Vicki

Two trackers--the first is to lose 10% of body weight goal, and the second my ultimate goal.
One CHEER for each 10 lbs. lost.
None yet...
Old 05-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #87
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Great job JENN – It’s such a boost to see those pounds dropping off!

Thanks KAYLEY. I know how easy and common it is for the weight to come back. It happens to the best of us sometimes. I just want to start fighting it NOW. Don’t overdo too much on that knee – I’d just hate to see you injure it further or more permanently.

CRIS, Congrats on staying away from the chocolate. I actually picked some up at the grocery today, but then I spotted the deli chicken in my cart – that I’d picked up as a pay-off to myself for NOT having any sweets. Ahhhh, chocolate. Half heaven, half heartache.

Thanks VICKI. I’m with you on having a bit of nip & tuck when I get this weight off. Right now my arms are so embarrassing for starters. I’m also totally with you on the low-carb thing. I’ve found in the past that I’m not so sensitive to ‘natural carbs’ like you find in fruit, but any processed carbs make me insane. I got the scale down as far as 268 or so, but I know it hit 280 earlier this week, so I’m back up by 12 or so. When I look at it that way it isn’t QUITE so terrible. 12 is much better than it could have been, and I’d been thinking that it was more like 20.

Today was the very first day since early Feb that I really, truly didn’t cave in and go off track. I really want to believe that I’m “Back”, but I’ve disappointed myself so much for so long. I guess I don’t even believe in myself anymore unless I can put together a successful several days or a week to prove I can do it again. But it all starts with Day One, and since I’m in bed, Day One has officially been a success.

Of course, tomorrow I start a 2 day baking marathon to get the cakes done for MIL’s B-day party Saturday night. I’m still going to weigh in tomorrow morning. I’ll face the music and go from there. Denial is too high calorie to indulge in any longer.

At least I’m back at 3FC, and that does so much for my focus.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:01 PM   #88

Well, went to the gym tonight, planned on doing the treadmill, but it just hurt my knee too much, so I hopped on the elliptical, since it's a not as much pressure on your joints. Got 30 mins of sweaty goodness done. Hahaha...I'm really feeling good. No gym tomorrow, as I have a friend coming over...one of the last times I'll see her before she moves to Las Vegas at the end of the month. I think 4 days of gym time is good, though... Plus, I'm sure Andrew & I will go walking this weekend.

I'm going to head off here, and find some more WW recipes! I did the free 7 day trial of weight watchers online, and I'm hoarding up on as many recipes as I can before that free trial is over with...hehe.

If I'm not back in here tonight, I'll see you chicks in the AM!

Cris - The weather has been very beautiful out here....but the past couple of days, it was 90 degrees! It's only MAY, and this is MICHIGAN! lol...so, I've been staying in the central air during the day, and going out at night...heh. Here's to a more OP day tomorrow!

Vicki - Good to see you posting!!! CONGRATS on that loss!!!!! 107 pounds GONE! That's fantastic!!! I have no advice about the surgery...never been to a consult or anything...but I definately think if you lose the weight you want, get it done!!
Old 05-11-2007, 12:03 AM   #89
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi ladies
Wanted to congratulate all the "losers" this week, and say hi. i had my weigh in today, and i lost 2lbs, but i am still not under 200, i am 200. hopefully i will be under there by next week, but any loss for me is good
i will post some personals tommorrow and i hope everyone has a great day
Old 05-11-2007, 12:17 AM   #90

I am quite happy....lol. I found a website with all the points listings for any type of alcohol I could ever want! HA! Now, for my 21st birthday, I'll be SET! Well, I'm going to go to bed...gotta get up early, clean the apartment, and do lots of laundry!!

Valerie - Good for you for being back OP! One day at a time...good luck with your weigh in...let us know how it goes! And also, good luck avoiding sampling the cake batter! It's amazing how great this place is. I think if I would have kept coming here, I wouldn't have gained back as much, and probably would have gotten back on track a LOT faster than I did!

Kymberly - CONGRATS!!!! You are SO close to being in One-derland! You'll be there next week for sure!!! AND you're only 36 pounds away from goal. That's just fantastic!

Night, ladies!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.