3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ And Ready to Try Again #1105 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/111934-300-ready-try-again-1105-a.html)

kayleystar 05-09-2007 11:11 AM

Woke up this morning, compulsively weighed myself....as usual...lol. That helped my day start off on a HAPPY note! lol. I have a job interview in about 2 1/2 hours, and I'll be leaving in about an hour and a half...I always like to be early. Make a good impression. I cut my hair off last night! I'll post some before & after for you all a little later. :) Some personals, and then it's off to the shower!

Annie - I was going to say! You must have been exercising like a MAD WOMAN!!!! lol!!! Good to hear that Ammi is well. :) Thanks for letting us know!

Idealmouse - Hello and welcome back!!! I recently came back after a LONG break, and I had gained back the 70 pounds that I had lost....ugh. I just found a new plan to follow, and just re-dedicated myself. Something just 'clicked', you know? I wish you luck starting over, and look forward to seeing you around!!

Donna - My friend sent me the test via E-mail, and I think it's more accurate than what I found online, so I'm sticking to that...and I'm looking forward to my points changing...lol! :D How long ago has it been since you ordered those dvd's?

Sharon - Just popped over to the pics thread!!! Looking HOT! Seriously, you look fantastic!!

dogpal 05-09-2007 11:44 AM

idealmuse: Wow, to start again. I think all of us just would like to encourage you to just give it your all and try not to look at the past and how you have gained back your weight. Don't let that stop you. I have gotten to the weight I am right now at least 2 times since starting here at 3fc. I tell myself this time I will go past that mark and not stop or regain it. Of coarse it is in my head that I am fearful of regaining. One thing that I will say helps sooo much is coming here as much as you can for support. Good luck to you and a big welcome back.

Sharon: I love that you are able to exercise with less wheezing. Great NSV. I can't wait to look at your pics. Thanks for posting them.

Donna: Yes, you are right about the CPAP machine. My Dr. called and finally I will be getting it today! Thanks for posting the pics too. I love your Brittney!

Kayley: Good luck at the job interview hun.

Well, as I told Donna, I finally should be getting my machine today. They called at 8 a.m to let me know. Yipee maybe a good nights sleep tonight or at least, a better night's sleep.

Sandy where are you? I hope you are just busy. Catherine I hope the party planning is going well and you are not too nervous! hugs to you both. Ammi, everyone is missing you hun. Come back and play.

Blessings to you all,
Annie

Lilion 05-09-2007 01:08 PM

:carrot: :carrot: I lost! :carrot: :carrot:

Hey everyone! Boy I was dreading WI today. After all the bad stuff and an "unofficial" gain of 3 lbs last week, I was sure I'd put on weight...but I LOST! :D The WI today was 219 1/4. I'm so stoked!!!

So see everyone. A slip here and there - even something as bad as LJS's Fried Fish and Lard Platter, or a 13 pt dessert, isn't the end of the world! ;)

I'll try to remember that myself! :lol:

Annie - Dear Annie! You WILL do it this time....I have a feeling about you - and you must trust me, I'm a lawyer! :p I hope you get a wonderful night's sleep!

Kaylee What on earth does Andrew have against Applebees? They have great food! If he hasn't been for a while maybe you can sweet talk him into giving it a try?

Xena By all means give the spa a call! I've had three massages in my time at spa's and at my largest (size 26 or so) they had a robe that fit me. I suspect they keep a few around, but if they don't then take your own and ENJOY! Tell your friends that you have a thing about wearing something you know someone else was naked under - it's like wearing hand-me-down panties! :snooty: I LOVE spa days.... I think I need one soon! :)

Catherine YOU WON! Think of it like that! You're getting your card and you MIL be darned! I'm so happy for you and I'm sure that photo looks GREAT!:hug:

I really have no more time here today! :grouphug: to everyone and a big :welcome3: to the newcomers!

kayleystar 05-09-2007 03:24 PM

Lilion - I have NO clue why he doesn't like Applebee's...just every time I suggest it, he goes, "nooooooooo". I dunno. He's a strange one sometimes...lol. And a big WAHOO! for that loss!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Well, went to that interview, and it turned out to be with a temp. agency. :( I have nothing against those places, I just NEVER get call backs. We shall see. The job search continues!

Andrew has a meeting at work today, because some guy keeps harassing him, and it got to the point that this guy needs to get FIRED. I hope he gets what he deserves!!!

I have a sink full of dishes to do, but I shall return later! :D

Xena2005 05-09-2007 08:39 PM

Sharon - You are looking seriously fabulous! First, I have always thought you are very pretty but you also have a very nice figure. Keep up the good work. And don't be so hard on yourself. You are lovely. :hug:

Vilandra485 05-09-2007 08:41 PM

Hi Everyone, just dropping in to say yesterday went GREAT, under my calorie limit for once, and all that. I was wondering if anyone does bicycle riding, and if so did just a regular bike hold your weight fine? I'm looking into buying a basic women's 18 speed from Canadian Tire - I can't afford anything fancier. I looooved bike riding in elementary school, I did it everyday, and I'm hoping to get some exercise from it now. Thanks for any info! Hope everyone is doing well! :hug:

~M

kayleystar 05-09-2007 09:40 PM

Weights tonight at the gym, and I got in 35 minutes...sweated the ENTIRE time again. Man, I feel good! :D

Melissa - I've never had a problem with 'standard' bikes...that's what I always ride. All bikes are different, so if you have the chance to sort of 'test drive' one, I would do it!!! :)

Vilandra485 05-09-2007 09:54 PM

Kayley - WTG on the gym time, and thanks for the bike info, I'll probably get one in a week or 2. :)

LitChick 05-09-2007 11:05 PM

Hello Ladies!

Well I've had a busy last couple of days, but in a good way! Yesterday I went to visit an old boss of mine, who since I moved now lives only about 45 minutes away. We are like a pair of old army buddies, having gone through so much at the place we both worked. She left the company about six months before I did and I haven't seen her since right before I quit. Right after that she was in a terrible car wreck, spent a few months recuperating from that, and then was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Recently she has come off the intensive chemotherapy and is going in every three weeks. So I wasn't quite sure what to expect as far as her spirits and all. Well of course, she's lost her hair, and is a bit peeved that the 'chemo hair' as they call it, has come in gray, but she is looking quite marvelous and she has the same spirit as always. It was great to see her again and we plan to visit again soon.

Then today I had my first tai-chi class. I was a little anxious but more excited, and let me tell you, I didn't think moving so slow would give me much of a workout, but the sweat was literally dripping off me! I can see how it will help with my flexibility and also relaxation. I can't wait for next week! After that I went on a 2 mile walk, then I had to go to the ob/gyn for more bloodwork and info for some tests I have to get done next week (ugh! the joys of trying to get pregnant!). Finished off the evening with a bit of tennis and now I am pooped! :faint:

Donna, your daughter looks lovely - and quite talented! You must be very proud of her, as you should be. :) Don't wait for those DVDs to start moving! How about just walking around your neighborhood until they arrive?

Diva, we've all been where you are, and sometimes we revisit those feelings of frustration and hopelessness. The key is not to give up and succumb to those feelings, but keep trying, taking it one day at a time. You've found a great place for support and encouragement here, I hope we'll see more of you! I'm not familiar with the fat smash diet, so I can't help you there. Have you tried doing a search for that in the forums?

Annie, :dancer: :congrat: on being down another 6.5 pounds - you are doing awesome! You will see that 10% milestone before you know it! I'm so very proud of you! :bravo: I hope your machine arrived today and that you are off in dreamland as I type!

Catherine, I imagine at this point, you are exhausted and hopefully starting to relax a bit. I hope everything went well today and you managed to enjoy yourself at the party. As far as the ID pic, take comfort in the fact that those photos always manage to look worse that DL pics, and that's saying something! I cringe everytime I have to show mine to someone, especially when it's a new employer!

Xena, you've already gotten great advice on the robe issue, so I won't repeat what's been said, but just wanted to say that I hope you don't stress over it to much and enjoy the spa and weekend away - you deserve it! I hope your final went well, too.

Kymberly, glad to hear that although things are hectic, you're still making YOU and healthy living the top priority.

wyllenn, is it an old photo on your license too? If so, I imagine you get some double takes if/when you ever have to use it. The difference in the photos you posted is so dramatic! You look so much younger - and happier. :)

Kayley, I think alternating weights/cardio is a good idea, at least until you get used to that level of daily exercise. I'm glad others have mentioned not depriving yourself of your allotted points. I try and use all of my points and add in the exercise too. I figure the more I can get away with and still lose means that I won't have to starve myself to lose once I get down about a hundred pounds. If there's a WW meeting in your area, You might want to go to at least one meeting so you get the starting literature and updated basics of the WW plan. I think they've got a promotion going on now for joining for free.

Vilandra, ouch, that sucks about your scale being off! Good for you for not letting this be an excuse to self-sabotage.

Sharon, love the new pics! You are too hard on yourself (aren't we all) - you're quite fetching! Lovely curves and that hair - you're a hottie! :flame:

Peggy, good for you for staying motivated and OP! :carrot:

LAnne, great NSV! You'll be swimming in those pants in no time.

Idealmuse, welcome back! :wave: My best advice is to not dwell on the past, but keep looking forward. Take each day as it comes and try your best, knowing that life's not perfect and neither are you. Don't use any slipups (and there will be slipups!) to self-sabotage and give up. You can do this!

Lilion, congrats on the loss! You are so right that an occasional slipup isn't the end of the world.

Alright, I'm off to bed - I hope everyone still up has a good night and an even better tomorrow. :)

CatherineM 05-10-2007 01:50 AM

I survived the day. I am mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausted. I think that the hives must be the result of my MIL having a voodoo doll because the only place I am broken out besides my face, is under my wedding ring. My eyelids are so swelled that I'm squinting. It's the only place I can't put the ointment. We spent less than 30 minutes at immigration. She stamped my passport, and gave me a printout of my confirmation of permanent residency. We went for a long lingering, while reading the morning paper kind of breakfast. We went home and popped a cork on some non-alcohol bubbly, and people started arriving for the party. We had around 2 dozen people in this little condo. We had hoped for nice enough weather to overflow to the patio, but it was cold and rainy. We all just sat around telling stories, and watching loonie tunes on DVD. No one would go home. We even lost electricity for two hours, and continued by candle light (drunk driver into light pole). The electricity is back on, and everyone finally went home. Himself is asleep on the couch. He was too tired to even make it to bed. I'm actually too tired to sleep right now. My face itches so much. I still can't believe that after 15 1/2 months, that I no longer have to worry about getting separated from my husband by his vindictive mother. I'm looking around at our home crying that this is really my home now, and it can't be taken away. My diplomas get to stay on the hallway wall, my basketball gets to rest in the front closet, and my robe will get to continue to hang on its hook. It's a one bedroom condo in the worst part of town, but it is my home, and I just love it. I especially love the snoring bear on my couch. I'll try to catch up tomorrow with everyone. He's got meetings for the rest of the week, and I'm just going to let myself coast for the rest of the week, and try to decompress. Starting Monday, I am going to hit it hard again with the comfort of security that I have not had in many months. Thanks for everyone who's been pulling for us. I think we needed every bit of it.

futurediva 05-10-2007 06:19 AM

good morning ladies
Just a quick hi before im off to work. Congratulations to all the losers:)
CATHERINE: i am very happy for you that the immigration ordeal is over:) you deserve much happiness and peace in your life. i hope your hives get better:)
KAYLEY: sounds like you are doing great. i am basically on a calorie diet, eating foods that are good for me, i.e fruit, vegetables, no white things (bread, sugar, etc) i use alot of the WW products, including the dinners and treats:)
I hope everyone has a great day. i will hopefully post some more tonight:)

Xena2005 05-10-2007 06:53 AM

Catherine - :congrat: Your long ordeal is finally over! I couldn't be happier for you. :)

MamaBplus3 05-10-2007 07:26 AM

Good Morning Ladies!:coffee:

This has to be a quick one...lots going on today!:running:

First off...all I can say is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!:cry: My first baby has turned 18 today!!:hb: I AM NOT OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A CHILD THIS AGE!!!!:tantrum:
There, I feel better!:p

I finally got the DVD's...but of course, not 1 minute can be spent watching them until tomorrow. That's ok though...I have them now and am not letting them go!:D

No time for anything else now...BBL or will fill you in tommorrow!:crazy:
Have a Great OP Day!:cheer2:

going to lose 200 05-10-2007 07:41 AM

Catherine~ Welcome to Canada :) I am so happy for you. Take a few days to relax and enjoy it before you start back on Monday :hug:

voodoo1 05-10-2007 08:28 AM

Donna, JOIN THE CLUB, lol, my oldest one, Philip, was 20 in December!!!! It's scary isn't it!! lol, hey at least you're not a granny yet!! Loved the dance pics of your girl/s.xxxxxx
Lilion, WTG on losing!!!!!!xxxx
Kayley, hope the job search goes well & WTG on the exercise!xxxxx
Lesley, good luck with the tests, lets hope they can get you pregnant soon, with hubby's help of course!!!xxxxxx Glad your friend is doing well & you were able to catch up & enjoy each other's company.
Catherine, well I'm sure thoses hives will be gone or going, now your stress levels are normal again. At least the witch won't be able to get you kicked out now!xxxxxx
Xena, how long to the spa visit? hope you enjoy it! What's next in your 'education', more maths!!! oooh dear I feel ill thinking about it!!!lolxxxxxx
BIG THANKS for all the kind, nice & downright embarrassing comments on my new pics. Don't go overboard, I still need to lose 5 1/2 stone -77lbs, or thereabouts! I REALLY mustn't get complacent! Did 42 mins of Salsacise & toning as well as 30 mins walking, forgot how much I enjoy exercising (thanks Ammi, for the DVD!!!xxxx) I only lost 2lbs today, BUT after gorging myself on my mum's fresh-out-of-the-oven cheese scones, a Cornish pastie & the odd chip (French fry) it isn't too bad.
thanks again for the kind remarks, someone at school, one of the 'nice' mums noticed I'd lost weight which keeps me going. I wore my SIZE 16 jeans today, a bit tight BUT I zipped them up & can bend down & move in them, THANK GOD FOR SPANDEX!!!lol
xxxxsharon