Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 03:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again Weekly Thread #1103

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 03:45 AM   #2  

Good Morning All,

Well the kids have just left for school, and although I should be up and cleaning the house I have decided it can wait until later. It’s the first wet, rainy day in ages, it’s so grey and gloomy, I just can’t be bothered to do anything which means exerting energy. That said, I WILL exercise today, but much later on

Heather - I have to thank you again for starting up the exercise thread. Every time like today when I really feel too lazy to exercise I think about my exercise target and having to post at the end of the month that I haven’t made it. It really motivates me to move my butt, so

Kayley - when I first started my diet I was seeing great losses every week and they were very rarely under 3 lbs. When they were I too was really disappointed and then I had to remind myself that most dieticians actually recommend that we only aim for 1 or 2 lbs a week. Now I aim for that and anything more is just a wonderful bonus

What a shame the park closed at 10 pm and that you only ended up getting in a 15 minute walk with Andrew. Well now that you know you’ll just have to make sure that you go earlier next time

I think we’ve all been where you are at with looking at our ‘before’ photos. But keep positive like you are and just think of a few months down the line when you can look at the pics, still not like them, but be so pleased that you took them because you can compare them to the much slimmer you photos

Catherine - on being able to move your slider downwards, no wonder you’ve got a spring in your step You are doing so great.

OH YUCK tape worms to help lose weight, um no thanks, I’d rather be fat Even the idea of extreme Liposuction puts me off, that procedure looks so barbaric. Yes it would be great to get rid of the fat cells rather than just shrink them, but not worth going through Lipo

How are you doing on that exciting (not) novel that you are editing, have the aliens been making babies yet

LAnne - that’s wonderful that your knees aren’t preventing you from going out and enjoying the glorious weather, and good for you for even wearing shorts. The confidence you are feeling is amazing, and I’m so happy for you. You are right that your ortho guy won’t know you when you go for your next appt

Valerie - how very sad about that little girl losing her life to Cancer, and you know what makes me really angry? That the family are still stuck with having to pay her medical bills. Our national health service may have it’s faults but at least it’s something everybody has access to and there are no extortionate bills to face. I am so glad you helped raise such a great amount in your bid to win that blimp ride, do you think your MIL will love it? I know I would, it sounds awesome and will make a really memorable birthday present!

on mostly doing great on the liquid diet, and well done on not taking your purse when you went to the track auction. That was a very clever move making sure you wouldn’t buy any of the lovely food on offer

Lesley - oh yes indeed you have met another Supernatural fan, it’s a brilliant show and I never miss it. You guys are probably way ahead of us over here though. We just had an episode where a Shapeshifter is caught in a bank and Sam and Dean have to kill it before it escapes, but in the mean time it kills quite a few hostages and the police think Sam and Dean did the killing!! Poor guys

Thanks for the hugs, can never have too many of them on a down day. I am surprised I’m not feeling low today seeing as it’s such a gloomy day. Lazy I am feeling yes, but not low.

I had a friend in Australia who would rather go around in clothes that are falling off her back, or have a house full of broken down furniture than go into a thrift shop to find something in better condition. Even when we were kids and I would go in them to look for baby clothes for my dolls she would freak out and wouldn’t even stand inside the door!! What a snob. A few years back she was moaning about her finances and how she desperately needed some new clothes and a sofa but when I suggested a thrift shop or looking in the paper for something second hand she freaked out. Like I said, she’d rather suffer, silly woman!! When I can get things to fit me from one I’ll have to go pick a cool outfit, send her a pic of me in it, have her ooh and ahh and compliment me on it, then let her know it’s all second hand That’ll stump her

at the job interview today. Try not to be too nervous, think positively, and smile a lot

Erika Leigh - you sound so very down, what’s the matter? PM or email me if you want to talk about it.

Annie - today’s the day, the first WI. I know you won’t need it, but just to make you feel better I have my and wish you lots of

Sharon - I hope the weather is better in your neck of the woods today. Are you going to get in some more exercise with Rosemary? I’ll be checking in with you hopefully later on MSN to find out

Sandy - I hope you had a nice weekend, you didn’t post at all, so I hope you and the family are all OK, just busy rather than unwell or anything.

Lisa - how are you feeling today, I hope you aren't in too much pain with your poorly ankle. I also hope you aren't feeling so down

Ok time for me to go get my breakfast now. Take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-23-2007, 05:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!
Lannecarrington, WOW you are doing FAB, I'm so pleased for you! It must be amazing to just walk without worrying about a cane, I've noticed that I move easier too after losing this last 20+lbs, just think how we'll be in another 50 or so pounds down!xxxxxx
Litchick, hope the interview goes well, it's a shame you didn't get the library job, but I'm sure the right job will come soon.xxxxx
Kayley, parks CLOSING, I thought they were open all the time, ours is, though whether you'd want to walk in it at night is another matter!!! Yep, before pics, it's amazing how our eyes suddenly 'open' & we actually 'see' how big we are, I've had some pretty nasty shocks like that. It's crazy how, when we're eating bad stuff we don't THINK about the fat it puts on us. Hope you find the right plan & are able to stay with it.xxxxxx
Catherine, ICK on the novel, I really couldn't type it up I'd HAVE to 'correct' it, lol. Those rings sound gorgeous, I love 'old' styled jewellery, our wedding rings are ones I designed, snakes swallowing their tails, the Celtic symbol of eternity, which is where I believe the modern wedding ring comes from. If I remember you made/designed yours too?xxxxxx
Xena, GREAT pics, when I went to see Paige & Plant (ex Led Zep) I was so awed I just stood with my mouth open, I couldn't even talk, let alone take pics!!!! lol I hope you got some rest when you got home. Did he sing all of his big hits? I love the one he sang under a pseudonym - 'snake..' something or 'python' a really old rocky one, 'Python Lee Jackson'???? Anyway, I'm jealous!!!xxxxxx
Vilandra, lovely dog, my sis always wanted a Chih?? can't spell it, lol. Did she get toilet trained ok?xxxxxx
Annie, headaches, tiredness & feeling cold are usual on theses diets for the first week or so, your body has to adjust to the new very low calorie intake & tries to grab all the calories it can. It only uses energy when it has to, like on repair, heartfunctions, breathing, etc, keeping you warm & having energy to rush around are put on a 'back burner' for a while as your body adjusts, it does get better! Soon you will have a RUSH of energy & wellbeing , I promise.xxxxxx
Valerie, wow, are we all 'drinking ourselves slim'???? as I said to annie, it gets easier, though the emotional eating takes a will of iron to stop! Don't forget you might feel a bit teary and VERY irritable for a few days, but it's worth it & so are you! xxxxxx
Ammi, I should be doing some more Rosemary, though I prefer the salsa one you sent me first to any others I've got! Both boys are off with really nasty coughs, poor Gareth had nightmares on Saturday from watching Dr Who, about Daleks!!!! Oddly I thought Aiden would about the 'pig monsters', Gareth didn't seem the least bit scared at the time, though running a temperature didn't help! I will have to think about whether it's a good idea letting them watch it, though I thought the Cybermen episodes were far scarier than Daleks, I watched it as a kid & I was ok. How is Cayleigh enjoying the new series? I agree with Catherine, you ought to offer to go to the gym on your own, see what Daren thinks, lol!xxxxxxx
I have to go, my head is killing me & the boys need their noses wiping, makes a change from bottoms!!
xxxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 04-23-2007 at 05:46 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:38 AM   #4  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Well, I haven't had time to catch up on ALL of the posts in the last thread, but I did notice some of our MIA chickies returning--welcome back!

I took Thursday and Friday off from work, but I've probably been even busier than if I HAd worked I drove down to my sister's on Wednesday night and came home Friday night, and my parents were there visiting as well, so I went house hunting with them--gave me a bit of a taste of what to expect when Jeff and I are ready to go out looking for ourselves. On Saturday, we had a birthday celebration for Jeff and his younger cousin with his family at Dave and Buster's, and then yesterday, I went to a friend's home candle party. We had planned on staying in for the night, but our air conditioning broke, so we extended Jeff's birthday with a trip to the Cheesecake Factory (we only go there for special occasions--otherwise, I'd have had ALL the different types of cheesecake by now! ).

I did weigh myself this morning. I was going to wait until the date I'd hosen in May, but that only would have made sense if I'd actually been on plan lately, and I haven't. I've been sneaking food and bingeing and just not caring at all. I'm officially back to exactly 300 pounds as of this morning. I have a doctor's appointment next week, and I'm going to ask her if I can come back again in maybe 2 months or so (or if she can refer me to a nutritionist/dietician or somethig) to sort of monitor my progress with things like my blood pressure and such rather than just the scale. I've never been to a medical professional often enough to monitor my weight before since I've not had any weight-related health issues, but I think it's time I started.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:01 AM   #5  

Morning chickies!

Welcome to all the new people here and welcome back to those who took a break.

Last week was a whirlwind for me. TOM made me sick as a dog and the bad weather causing our basement to suddenly have 3-4 inches of water in it was such a joy....NOT! Fortunately nothing was harmed. Just a lot of time spent vacumming and pumping water out. I barely got to read the board. I will try to do better this week. I am finally feeling "normal" again. Had a great weekend and even had a great meal at Outback last night with my girlfriends. I had what I wanted and brought the rest home for hubby.

I am down 4 lbs today. No clue how that happened, but I am glad about it! I am just 12 lbs to my first goal which is getting into TWOland! Hoping to get there in the next couple months.

I have an appointment at my doctor's on May 1st. I am already nervous about it. I really hate going to the doctor. I hate getting on the scale in front of someone. UGH! I am hoping my blood pressure, cholesterol, and everything else is OK. I had been on synthroid years ago for my thyroid (I was hypo), but stopped taking it when I got layed off and lost my health benefits. I don't even know if I need it anymore, but I guess we will find out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful OP week. Here is a bit of to help you this week.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:00 AM   #6  

Sharon - Jasmine got potty trained really well really fast, we're glad about that, lol. We just take her outside every 3-8 hours and she's good with that. Chihuahua's are great dogs, well at least Jasmine is, she is never yappy, doesn't whine, learns pretty fast, good sleeper, etc. The only thing I could live without is the bouncing, lol, she won't stay still! I guess that's a good thing though, for a puppy.

Hi Ladies - Starting onto Day 5 now...I actually having a *bit* of trouble staying at 2000 calories...normally it's fine but lately I've just been wanting to EAT. Also, I was looking into getting a new scale cause mine takes about 3x longer than usual to come up with a weight for me now...and it's a 400lb capacity, so it can't be for that reason, but I don't know...I might just keep it and weigh once in a while at the DR's - cause I can't really afford a new scale right now! I got a bit of walking in today, but not much, maybe about 20 minutes around the mall, and then a 10 minute walk home from the bus. The minutes were good, but it was strolling, so not much calorie burning going on. Well, I'm off for the night. Hope everyone is well.

~M
Old 04-23-2007, 08:37 AM   #7  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Good morning ladies
Just a quick note to say hi, i missed lots of threads while i was working this weekend. Glad to see you back, Kayley
congratulations to all the losers, your doing great! for the ones struggling, dont give up, you can do it. i know those words seem lame, but its true. once something "clicks" inside, theres no turning back!!!
Well, i am off today and hope to enjoy the beautiful sunny weather. foodwise has been good, but i missed a couple of excersise days due to the 12hr shifts this weekend, i will make it up though.
Lit chick: good luck with the job it sounds cool. as for thrift stores, i LOVE them!! we have several around here, and they all have lots of nice plus size clothes. i think i am addicted to them, and ebay, lol
i hope everyone has a great day, and i will be back tonight to post some personals
Old 04-23-2007, 08:50 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

Oh my gosh...I need to tell somebody...I GOT A WII TODAY! I got to Target at about 8:02am (they open at 8). They had 3 in the case, and this other 17 year old kid and I were standing there waiting for an associate to come unlock the case for us. I got the Wii, an additional remote controller, and Wario Ware. Tonight, we'll go shopping (Jeff has gift cards to GameStop/EB Games) and see if we can find another nunchuck controller and a couple more games (Paper Mario and Zelda). I'm so excited! I feel like a 9-year-old girl who finally got the pony she's been begging her parents for I've heard some of the games can be quite a workout, and you can't eat hile playing a video game, so maybe it'll help with more than just entertainment
Old 04-23-2007, 08:54 AM   #9  

Sharon - I'm sorry to hear both boys are home sick with really bad coughs, I hope they'll be better soon. Poor Gareth having nightmares about the Daleks, though I must admit that gross evolved one at the end would be enough to give anybody nightmares. I am trying to determine if the show is veering towards the younger audience, sometimes I think it seems incredibly silly and other times with some of the grosser stuff I wonder if kids should watch it. Those pig people were pretty yuck too and I am glad you were wrong and that Aiden didn't have nightmares about those.

It's funny but out of those DVDs I sent you the Salsasize one of Rosemary's is my fave too But I currently use Davina's Power of 3 DVD which I also enjoy a lot.

Thanks for bringing my attention to what Catherine said about me going to the gym, I read Annie's name so didn't read that part of the post.

Jill - well you can look on the bright side, yes there is one, at least you didn't gain so that you are over 300 lbs Just a lb off and you'll be back in Twotown. I think it's a good idea to ask your doctor about seeing a nutritionist and to have yourself monitored as you diet.

Daren and I are extremely jealous that you got to go to the Cheesecake Factory, we got to go once when we were in Vegas. I was sick at the time so could only manage some soup which really annoyed me but Daren had some pizza and some cheesecake and he's been in love with American cheesecake ever since!! One day we will go back to Vegas to renew our wedding vows and we both fully intend to make pigs of ourselves at the Cheesecake Factory during that holiday

on getting a Wii, now you have something fun that can be a work out too I bet you'll be dropping those lbs.

Peggy - all that mopping up of the water in the basement must have helped you lose that 4 lbs on such a brilliant loss Just 12 lbs to go until you are out of the 300s forever, you CAN do it

Sorry you were so ill with TOM, it really isn't fair what us women have to suffer is it. It would be lovely if when we're ready to have kids we can switch a switch to have TOM a few times to get us ready for the conception, and then after we are done having kids we should be able to just switch it off again Oh if only it was that easy!

I hope all goes well when you have your docs appt on May 1st, try not to be too nervous or your blood pressure reading will be much higher than it should be

Missy - day 5 nearly a week OP and it seems you are doing well. Just a suggestion on the scale, have you changed the battery? When I used to have a battery operated scale I thought the display would just stop working when the battery was failing, but it turns out it used to do just what yours is doing now, taking forever to take a reading. I changed the battery and it was OK after that. But I've never really liked those kind of scales, so I have gone back to the old dial type. The best thing about them is that you can see how much weight you have lost by the fact that the needle doesn't go around so far It's brilliant

Catherine - I did suggest to hubby that I could go to the gym myself, he wasn't pleased But then again he knows me too well and knows I wouldn't go without him anyway. We are meant to be going again tomorrow, so that we do

Kymberly - glad you have a day off and that the weather is lovely there. You are amazing, missing out on working out because of 12 HOUR shifts and yet being determined to catch up on the missed exercise. No wonder you have had such a wonderful amount of weight loss with that kind of determination

Patti - how are you feeling today? I hope you are OK and feel at least up to having some fun on the Wii

Okie dokie it's time to go exercise now, bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-23-2007, 09:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!

Whew...had a crazy weekend! My niece's baby shower was nice (and as boring as showers can be!) she got all the loot she wanted. Food choices were easy because as usual, my SIL always has ziti and chicken marsala( ) , but at least this time she had wraps instead of hero's. I was not happy and a little bewildered that there was no real salad, just the mayo-kinds. (especially since it was only women there!) I didn't go near the cake...I actually didn't even see what it looked like!
And yesterday was Competition day. Of course we had a wardrobe malfunction and 20mins before we had to leave I am running to Target to find a bra with clear straps. It's always something! The girls did great...won a 1st place and a 2nd place gold...highest score trophy for one dance and a special "most synchronized" award for the other. I was fun, but such a long day. And we get to do it again in 2 weeks. Thank goodness we only do it 2 or 3 times a year...some kids do it every weekend! I was very proud of myself because most of the mom's stayed at the hotel and did a McD's run, but myself and another mom went with the girls to TGIFridays and had salads.

Lesley: on your job interview today!!!

Lisa: Sorry to hear about your ankle!! I hope you heal quickly and enjoy whatever program they give you to expidite it!

Kayley: You are off to a great start! I always say as long as the scale is going down I am ok.

Jill: I AM SO JEALOUS!!! It is so hard to find the Wii here!! Doug and I(well,more Doug) have stood on various lines and haven't been able to get one!

Ammi: I think we might have gotten your nice weather here. It's so beautiful and after my shower, my laundry is already done waiting to be hung out. I hope it is nicer for you tommorrow. By the way, just to make you jealous, Doug's birthday is Weds, and guess where my family usually goes to celebrate...

Peggy: I am so glad we don't have a basement!! Alot of my friends had floods after the last storm too. I bet all that drying out helped with the 4lbs!!

Sorry if I missed anyone, but you people are just to speedy for me!!!

Have a Great OP Day!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:05 AM   #11  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBplus3 View Post
Jill: I AM SO JEALOUS!!! It is so hard to find the Wii here!! Doug and I(well,more Doug) have stood on various lines and haven't been able to get one!
Oh, believe me, it's been hard to find here, too! We have literally been looking for one for MONTHS. Through endless online research, I found a site that said a new shipment was supposed to be hitting stores on the 23rd (today), so I checked Target's inventory online first thing this morning (which you can no longer do through Target's website for the Wii--they have disabled it-- but if you Google it, you can find other sites to link you to Target's inventory), and it was already sold out at 2 stores near me, but the one near my office had it. Like I said, they only had 3, and this other kid and I bought ours at about 8:05 (store opened at 8), so if I had waited till lunch time to go check like I had originally planned, there's no way I would have gotten one!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #12  

way to go Jilly i love my WII!
Old 04-23-2007, 10:41 AM   #13  

Ammi i feel some better today.. did some exercise and now thanks to Jilly i think i am off to go play some Wii!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Well, just woke up, and have a bunch of housework to do. Andrew took a vacation day today, so he got a 3 day weekend. We're going to go and take a look at cars once he gets back from the college...he's finally starting this Spring!! So, I'm going to get on my housework, head to the gym later, and then we're going to go for a walk in the park....BEFORE IT CLOSES....lol, as long as it doesn't rain, which it looks like it might any time now! BOO!

Ammi - Andrew & I are reconsidering South Beach. I think last time I did it, I modified it too much, and it ended up being far too much like Atkin's, which is WAY too restricting for me! He might try it with me once we get all of the non-SB (but still healthy!) friendly stuff out of the house. We'll see. I am extremely top heavy....but it's not all boobs...haha...so it's like, my upper body is HUGE compared to my bottom half. I've very disproportionate.

Sharon - I didn't think ANY of the parks around here had a CLOSING time! Bah! If we decide to go walking that late again, we'll just go to the beach...NO CLOSING TIME! We plan on getting there around 8 or 8:30 tonight, to make sure we have PLENTY of time! Hope your boys get to feeling better!

Jill - Congrats on the Wii! My friend LOVES his! I've never really gotten into video games, so I was never in a rush to get one...I think Andrew wants one, though! And my Mom does! Heh. Good luck at the Doctor! I have to go back there, and see if there's something wrong with me, too.

Peggy - I hate going to the doctor for the very same reason...and the nurses are always so TINY, and I feel ashamed! But in the end, it's inevitable, and I wish you luck!! Congrats on your awesome loss!!!! So close to your mini goal!!! The 2's are in sight!

Melissa - Our scale takes a little time to give a weight, and it has a 375lb capacity...I think it's because it also measures body fat percentage, hydration, and something else...can't think of what it is right now...lol...is yours like that? Because then it'd be normal.

Donna - That's a GREAT choice!!! Salad over burgers!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:49 AM   #15  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleystar View Post
Jill - Good luck at the Doctor! I have to go back there, and see if there's something wrong with me, too.
haha, I already know what's wrong with me--I eat too much junk I've given up hoping that they'll discover some medical reason for my gaining weight (isn't it odd to HOPE for a medical abnormality to have caused the weight gain? searching for anything to blame but myself, I suppose ). I'm pretty sure it's the secret stops at Wendy's, the danishes from 7-11, the candy bars, the cookies at work, etc. I just feel like I need someone to help me track my progress--someone to be accountable to that actually has some knowledge of how this affects my body better than a group such as TOPS or WW. They're fine for in-person support if you need it, but I need something more than that now.

Oh, I also am going to ask my doctor if I can have my metabolism tested. I have Kaiser Permanenete, and I have read on here that others have had their metabolisms tested at Kaiser centers in California, so I'm hoping they'll have them in my area as well.
Closed Thread