Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 06:18 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/250

Height: 5'9"

This is my first time posting, as I just signed up today. I have been on this site before but finally decided I was going to join. I really need the support of some people who are in the same boat as me. Just to let you know, my name is Heather, I am 22 years old, 5'9", and weigh in at 375. I have just this month started working out almost everyday. I have to say even though I have not lost any weight yet, I feel much better. I am not as tired and I sleep better at night, not to mention I am actually proud of myself!! I am doing this machine called a ROM, anyone heard of it? It is only like ten minutes a day but is suposed to be like the equivelent of a 30-40 minute workout. Then on top of that I have been going out to the cemetary in my town to walk almost every night, depending on the weather of course!! I can only do one lap which is about 1.5 mile. I keep telling myself I will work up to more. I even signed up for a 5K walk on Sunday. I am not sure what I got myself into but I keep telling myself I don't care how long it takes, how tired I get, or how much pain I am in, I am GOING to do it!!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I hope I can become one of the family here!! You all seem like really nice people!!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:04 PM   #77  

Heather! I am so glad you joined!

Sounds like you are already doing great with the exercise! Look forward to seeing you post more.

AMMI~Thanks! Wow sounds like you had a busy day! You got a lot done. Have fun watching Ugly Betty. I finally got caught up on all of the episodes. I really like that show! Its so funny!

KAYLEY~I was wondering if you got the car you mentioned. Congrats on getting it! It sounds nice!

Ok off to figure out what to cook for dinner. I think we may do salad and grilled chicken. YUM!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:10 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Ok ladies, here's a little tip...never go to a restaurant when you are starving!!!

I saved most of my points for dinner, which started out great...we ordered lettuce wraps and nachos for appetizers...I didn't touch 1 chip and had 2 wraps. I also only ate 1/2 my sandwich(shrimp and bacon club) and 1/2 a piece of cheesecake (yes Ammi, that is where we wound up). I feel so full and sick right now. I used to be able to eat all of my order, maybe saving the cheescake for later on. I haven't felt this full in SOOOOOOO long. And I will tell you the truth...I don't like it. It actually feels like the food is right up to the back of my throat. Amazing how things change.

I have to go lie down, I am so uncomfortable!!!
See you in the morning if I don't explode!!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:33 PM   #79  

Ammi well i am just using a store brand spray today til i can get somewhere else and buy some Afrin.. but it still beats expired 2005 nose spray lol1i hear thinder so maybe it will rain! sounds like you had a very busy day i am hoping to have on in the morning!
Old 04-25-2007, 07:34 PM   #80  

i meant thunder... guess everyone knows what is on my mind lol
Old 04-25-2007, 07:35 PM   #81  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Just a quick one...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!!!!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day. It sounds as though it was certainly productive.

Zelma
Old 04-25-2007, 07:36 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Heather!! (I'm Heather too!)

this IS a great place!

hey, you sound like a perfect candidate to join us on our exercise thread. We set goals of minutes/month. We not only track our personal exercise, but track what the group does! We are working on getting in 200,000 minutes as a group this year!! Check out the sticky at the top of the page!!

Thanks for your well wishes everyone -- I'll make it through but it's tough going!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Patty: Just feel better. the cleaning will unfortunately still be there when you get well.

LeanneC: Congrats on your last ortho visit. Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow.

Michelle: I'm soooooo glad you found a Dr. that you like. Nothing like having one you trust and who seems to understand you. Now you and I need to get feeling better so we can meet in person! This is silly living so close and not meeting up. I know we have both had too much to deal with lately. Soon things should be better!

Emily: I'm glad school is going okay. I think you will be a wonderful nurse.

Ammi: I know you normally go to the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays right. I was thinking you may sneak in a day since you had to miss it on Tuesday. Thanks for being proud of me. I hope I can continue to do well and not eat until I'm supposed to. My step mom told me to imagine myself on an island where there is no food or stores. lol.

HeatherMC: Huge welcome to you. I'm glad your here. It sounds like you are definately on the right track. There are some truly wonderful ladies here. I hope you jump right in!

Heather/wylenn: Hi girl. Long time no see. I'm sorry you have been so busy. Hope things settle down for you soon. Glad to see you post whenever you can. Hugs.

I am allowed to have broth on my diet and tonight I decided to mix it up. I got a can of Chicken noodle soup and drained it over a bowl letting the broth run into the bowl. I then dumped the 2 cans of soup over the noodles that you are supposed to add to the soup when cooking and then I added 2 more cans of water to the broth to dilute it for the sodium. I added about 3 table spoons full of crushed and chopped garlic, zero cal, and had some weird garlic chicken broth. lol. It was okay tasting but very fiilling and I ate it out of a bowl so it felt like soup. I also am allowed sugar free jello and I endulged in a cup of Orange sugar free jello for dessert. I used to hate Jello. I have to say now..... Yummy. lol. I did my exercises too so another op day for me so far. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Well all my girls, big blessings to you and hope you are all op and exercising.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 04-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I wanted to say hi & WELCOME to Heather!!!! I look forward to seeing you around!

And Annie! Good for you, for another OP day!!! Funny, how once we're deprived of certain things, we grow to love other things! That liquid diet just sounds so hard, and I give you MAJOR props for sticking with it!!!!!

I'm OFF to the gym. I've sat here trying to make excuses for the last hour. It hasn't been the best of days. But I'm GOING. I miss my strength training. And I will walk at LEAST a mile tonight...hold me to it!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:38 PM   #85  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I had a rough day - came home early tonight without going to the gym because I had a killer headache and didn't feel so great. The apartment hunting is not going well, so I am changing my options up a bit and going to see about doing a roommate thing. It could be a lot of fun, it could be horrible, but it never hurts to go meet the people and see the place. It would also be much cheaper than living on my own and it would be good to save the money to spend elsewhere. That’s it for me tonight – I am pretty beat. Hopefully with a good night’s rest I will feel better.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:01 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hope tomorrow's better for ya, Nancy!!

I'm off to bed. Went to the gym...you know...all that jazz. Have a GREAT night, everyone!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:09 AM   #87  

Thanks so much, Zelma!

Heather!

Well I had a good day today, the room is still organized...normally it would be a mess already, LOL! John and I are big "just drop it on the floor" people and then we have a ton of things to pick up later on. Well all my meals have been OP today! No exercise though, but I will get a little walk (15 minutes) in in a little bit. John and I are going to get Gelato (Italian Ice Cream...100-170 calories per scoop...the one I get is about 140 calories!) So it's a nice lower calorie, and lower fat treat. (I've kind of been doing the 90/10 thing...where 10% of your calories can be "fun food", and the other 90% are OP.) Averaging out my calories this week I'm on track, so that's nice to know! Well, off for a scoop of Gelato now!! (Gotta walk to get it, too!) Hope everyone is well.

~M
Old 04-26-2007, 01:14 AM   #88  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-Yeah on resisting the turkey meatloaf. I would have had trouble with that one. You can understand that some days it is easy, and some days it is so hard that it is cruel. I have had such an easy week compared to the hard months before. I haven’t been fighting against the exercise, I haven’t dealt with hunger, just a few cravings, and I have been in such a peaceful zone. I wish I could bottle it. I understand that fear of going to a chair or scooter and never getting back up. I talked to my students tonight about being in the chair. The topic was the sacrament of anointing of the sick. I told them it is very hard to know as a disabled person when you have simply accepted your disability or when you have given up hope. I knew I had accepted being in the chair when I no longer dreamt about walking or running, but instead always dreamt about myself in the chair. Then one morning, out of the blue, I woke up not only sure I could get better, but positive I would get better. I’d like to say that it was in answer to my prayers, but I had stopped praying to get better and accepted that things would always be the same. I truly believe that it was in answer to a prayer, just not mine. My husband asked God to bring him a wife. I think his prayer healed me before he even knew my name. It didn’t heal my body, that took many months of baby steps, it healed my spirit, and gave me the hope to try. That’s what I always pray for you, to give you the hope to try.

Vilandra-I used to have the same problem with the scale. I used to average them.

LAnne-I have kept my old licenses. My face is like someone else’s. Keep everything you can to remind you. I keep a picture of myself at my largest sitting in the wheelchair in my wallet along with the prescription my doctor wrote in 1996 for the wheelchair. At my largest, I let very few pictures of myself be taken. The one’s I have are like a history I tried to hide from and forget.

Michelle-just because I made the enchiladas doesn’t mean I ate any of them. I had veggie burger on whole wheat pita. The funniest thing is that we sent some home with one of my husband’s friends whose mom was my maid of honor. She has diabetes and is also trying to lose weight. She didn’t eat any because she thought they were 600 calories each. Her husband finished them off quickly, then she called and found out they were only 150 each and was mad they were all gone.

Ammi-We have a bunch of air miles, so if you get finished cleaning over there, feel free to hop over here. My vacuum cleaner needs dusting. I don’t mind sweeping, but I hate that whole undo the cord and drag it around thing.

Heather-Welcome. I guess walking around the cemetery would keep you from having to worry about anyone watching you while you exercise. I will tell you a funny story about a walk I did in 1993. I walked with a cane at the time, and was in Washington DC for some classes at American University. I decided to go to a march, and a priest I knew was walking a couple of rows behind me. It was so hot and humid that the heat index was 125. I hadn’t eaten breakfast or brought any water with me. I was going to walk a bit and stop. After a few blocks, I realized that I didn’t know where I was. There were so many people that the streets were closed off, so I couldn’t even find a taxi. I started to hear my heart beat in my ears, and knew that was a sign of heat exhaustion. I kept hoping to pass a subway entrance so I could go back to the campus. Finally I decided the only way I was going to survive was to just finish and head to the Red Cross tent. That’s what I did. I went from finish line to first aid, where they packed me in ice bags and rehydrated me. I went back to the dorm, fell asleep at 6pm, slept 12 hours, and woke up feeling pretty good. I had breakfast with the priest, and he said he had done that march for 5 years, and never finished before, but everytime he thought about stopping, he saw me up there walking with the cane, and his ego kept him from stopping. I didn’t have the heart to tell him the only reason I kept going was because I didn’t know what else to do.

Donna-It is like you have basically done a lap band on yourself. Your stomach is smaller, and doesn’t want to be stretched anymore. If I eat the wrong stuff, I get sick too.

Nancy-I hope you feel better. You’ve got a lot on your plate right now. I hope it eases up soon.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:12 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Wecome HeatherMC, walking around a graveyard, at night, on your own? I'd be WAY too scared!!!lolxxxxx
Annie, SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! xxxxx It is so EASY to 'just have a nibble' of something, before you know it, you've eaten the lot!!! That is my experience anyway.xxxxxx
Mechelle, glad things are settling down for you, hope the meds work soon & hubby gets better too. xxxxxx
Ammi, yes WI is now on Wednesday evenings, she sees someone in the next town so we 'split' her petrol costs, saves me about a fiver! I feel like a TOTAL FAILURE though, a GAIN of 3lbs!!!! I've finally 'been' though & feel so much better, I HAVE to lose another stone before 25 May when we visit my parents as I have no clothes that fit!!!! Clothes are either too big or too tight, being between sizes, I hate it! ....Anyway I missed you on MSN yesterday, I hope you're feeling good, it looks sunny here, hope it's nice there, hope you can get to the Mumbles today or Friday, have a (low fat) cappucino for me (Verdi's, lol) you might even be able to sit outside!!!xxxxxxx
Well I have to go.... Sandy, WHERE ARE YOU??? Hope you're ok, I'm thinking of you, & I bet others are too.xxxxx
I GAINED this week, today is a NEW WEEK & I HAVE to lose this weight, if I don't see some losses soon Steve will stop paying for it, though he has been noticing my bottom & tummy getting smaller, which helps me stay OP now!
Valerie, ICK on sheaths, my ex-bf used to do my Sam's, even with gloves I was heaving, lol!!!! Puckies , never heard of them!! In the UK we call cow poos 'cow pasties', I thought 'puckies' were elves or something, lol! Keep up the liquid stuff, you'll knock 'em all dead at the horse shows this Summer, not forgetting any weddings/other social occasions!!xxxxxx
xxxsharon
Old 04-26-2007, 06:31 AM   #90  

Height: 5'6"

Morning my chickies!

HeatherMc! Way to go on getting moving!! That is just great! I look forward to reading your posts and learning more about you!

Ammi - I love Ugly Betty too! It is so funny!

Annie - to you! You are doing so well on your LD so far. That has to feel great! Keep up the GREAT work!!

Nancy - Sorry you had a headache. When I have one, I just have to lay down and sleep. They are horrible. The roommate thing might be a great thing! At the very least it might give you some wiggle room in your budget.

Catherine - Your walking in that march and dehydrating. Scarey! Funny about the priest tho. hehehehe

Sharon - You can do it! Get right back OP and you will be in that size smaller outfit for your visit before you know it!

I am staying OP this week. I need to start moving more. After being away on vacation, I have been having a hard time getting back on track exercise wise. I have just been so flat out busy/tired that I am finding excuses NOT to move more. Ugh! I know I have to exercise, but it is hard this week.

Well, gotta get on with my day here. Hope you all have a good OP day!! to you all. You are the best!!
Closed Thread