Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 01:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 357/see tracker/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everybody~~

So it took me a couple of extra days to get myself back on track, but here I am and let me tell you all that I had a nasty shock when I stepped on the scale this morning. 250.4 lbs. which means that I gained 20 lbs. I was down to 224 for approximately 3 days, but I was consistently 230 which is why I'm saying that I gained 20 and not 26. So far today I've been doing really well with my eating plan and I haven't had ANY carbs at all yet. I'm going to do like I did before and get most of my carbs from my vegetables and only once in a while from bread or pasta.

But the best part is that I've already done 30 minutes on my treadmill and after work I'll either do another 30 minutes on it or I'll do my Biggest Loser tape. I'm aiming for at least 1 hour of exercise a day except for the days that I work at Bickfords. Why? Because I cook in a busy restaurant and I'm on my feet for 7-8 hours at a time and I am just too darn TIRED by the time I get home. So I'm starting off again really good and I'm feeling so positive that I can do it again.

Has anyone started watching the new episodes of Celebrity Fit Club? It's the men against the women this time and I was really inspired by some of these celebrities. Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) and Cledus T. Judd and that guy from the Tonight Show (don't know his name because I don't watch the show) were really open and honest and I have to give them kudo's. Anyway, I'm hoping it's a good season.

I see that Jill has the same problem that I do which causes weight gain. Meaning of course the "secret" trips--except mine are to McDonalds and not Wendy's. It's so frustrating. *sigh*

Well unfortunately I have to go. It's 1:00 and I have to be at work for 1:30. By the time I get caught up I can't make any personals. I feel so bad. Anyway--congrats to all of you who have lost weight--I share your joy. And big (((hugs))) to all who aren't doing as well as they want. Keep up the good work and keep on TRYING. That's what I realize I did--I gave up trying and now I'm back again so that makes me a winner, right? Okay, I've gotta go. See you all later.

Vicki
Old 04-23-2007, 01:35 PM   #17  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Erika-I’m sorry you think life sucks right now. I went through that so many times. I realized that it wasn’t so much that life was hard, it was that I was making it hard on myself. Every day that you can wake up with the sun on your face is a gift. Duke Medical has an inpatient program where they teach nutrition and have trainers, etc. You could always sign up for a reality show. What I try to do when I feel that way, is try to remember the last time I felt really good about myself and my life, and think about what is different now. I go back and try to find that place again. It’s there, you just have to look for it, and never give up.

Ammi-The main alien girl has gone off to a boarding school or sorts and is learning to use the cross bow and about to go on her first boar hunt. They learn the cross bow in case their main inner planetary adversaries come in star ships to make them sex slaves. I’m sure cross bows will come in quite handy against ray guns. Was the song, Jesus Loves Me written in the 1300’s? If I have to type that thing again, I’m going to torch this manuscript. I actually like rainy days. It could be my Celtic and Anglo-Saxon genes speaking, or the fact my mom hated rainy days, and anything she didn’t like, I reveled in. I can’t imagine having lipo suction either. When I lived in Oklahoma, one of the local doctors who was really kind of a pioneer in it, did his wife, and she died on the table. I also remember seeing this show on Discovery where a woman had it done to her thighs, and the doctor used a new kind of tool, and it tore through her lymphatic system, and now it doesn’t work for her below her hips. She has to sit with her legs up everyday to drain. No Thanks! When people ask if I have had the surgery, I always say that I have done enough damage to my body over the years without rearranging my plumbing. Of course if the doctor said have WLS or die, I’d do it, but anything else, forget it. I can’t even imagine having the skin reduction done. I know I will probably have to, but I just can’t think about it. I’ve had so many surgeries so far, that the idea of another one scares me so.

I made the comment to my husband that the thing in Canada that is most different to me is that there aren’t any pickle jars with kids faces on them at the register at the 7-11’s. In the states every convenience store has a jar with a picture on it of someone with cancer or needing a transplant whose family can’t afford it. In the US, if you have a sick kid, it is like the family is just destroyed. Here people don’t have to worry about sick kids other than helping them through the illness. I don’t think that Canadians really understand what a blessing public health is.

If you like Cheesecake, I have a great recipe for a low fat Key Lime pie. You basically mix together an 8 oz. package of fat free cream cheese, a can of fat free condensed milk, and 1/3 cup key lime juice(use half lime juice, and half lemon juice if you can’t get key lime). Instead of putting it in a pie shell, I freeze them on sticks like popsicles. I’ve been thinking of tinkering with the condensed milk because that is where all the calories are. I’ve been thinking about fat free buttermilk and splenda, but haven’t gotten around to experimenting yet.

Sharon-Yes I made/designed mine, then had a jeweler copy it for him. I also used my father and grandfather’s wedding rings for the gold for mine. The front part is 24 caret, and the back is 18, but it only shows when I take it off because the transition is on the side between my fingers. To be honest, I did a better job than the jeweler. I took the design from the stonework inside of my favorite church. It kind of looks like cobblestone with different sized blocks, but instead of being smooth, they are hatched like tree bark. It is a wide band, but tapered, and a smooth back so it is easy to take up when needed. The jeweler who did the copy made the hatches too rough, and made the ring too thick. It is practically a brass knuckle. I just ran out of time to do his myself trying to make a wedding dress and pack and ship everything before the move. I did make sure that I provided the gold though. No blood gold or diamonds for me. I went to an antique store, and bought old plain gold bands or rings with the settings gone/damaged. I insisted that they had to be at least 50 years old. It ended up being cheaper than buying new gold for the jeweler to smelt. I think I ended up paying $300 total and that included the jeweler’s services. His ring is a size 12 ½ and ¾ to an inch wide and a quarter inch thick, so you can imagine how much gold that is. He is actually afraid to wear it in this neighborhood for fear he’ll be mugged for it. I told him that 6’5” 350 lb. guys don’t get mugged.

Jill-I always found vacations more tiring that just staying at work. I finally started taking vacations at this hotel in Mexico that was actually owned by Mexicans, and very rustic. It was on a cliff that went to the ocean. The lobby was actually on the 7th floor. They had an open air bakery on the terrace overlooking the ocean, and I would go out there early every morning, and sit and watch the water, read a book, and watch the baker make bread. The smell of fresh baked bread and ocean air still makes me so relaxed. People would ask me what I did on my vacation, and I’d tell them, and they’d say you could have just sat in a chair at home and saved yourself the money. I don’t think I’m going to be able to go to the Cheesecake Factory for many years yet. I think I’d go and never leave. They’d have to take me out with the trash. I’ve been thinking about getting a WII also. I think the exercise would do me some good, and I think I could get himself to play too.

Peggy-Believe me when I say that going to the doctor when you’ve had a weight loss is much better and more enjoyable than the other way around. You will probably need to have your thyroid checked. Once you start taking the medication, you pretty much have to the rest of your life because one of the side affects of the medication is that your thyroid gets lazy and progressively produces less because it isn’t being asked to work full force anymore. If your thyroid gets too low, you can get really sick. My husband almost went into a coma when his got too low. One of his other medications was causing his thyroid to shut down. He takes 4 times the dose I do.

Vilandra-When I feel like I just want to eat, I find things to munch on. Smart Pop popcorn is a lot of bulk for 260 calories. I’ve even been known to do crushed ice to fool my mouth. When my scale takes too long, I know it is time for a new battery.

Donna-I’ve noticed when I throw parties now, the fresh fruit and things like that go just a quick as the not so good stuff. I think we just get into a rut as to what we have to serve at parties. I always bring something even if not asked just so I know there is one thing I can eat at a party, and I never bring home any leftovers, just empty plates or bowls.

Well, I’ve got my exercise done for the day, and now I’m off to do dishes and laundry. We’ve got an appointment this afternoon with an insurance guy. With out sizes, and our health issues, it is just about impossible to get insurance. I have had life insurance since my 20’s, and am glad I did because I have kept it, and don’t have to go through the humiliation that my husband has had to trying to get some now. For all you young chicks out there, that goes for getting disability insurance too. I never thought I’d need any, but more people actually need disability insurance than end up needing life insurance.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #18  

Talking

Hello Everyone!

I should be working but wanted to do a quick post instead. Imagine that!

Catherine, I have to laugh when I read about the book you are typing up! If I understand it, aliens are coming in space ships to earth in the 1300's to round up humans as sex slaves. Ohhh, when can I buy that little gem? It sounds absolutely ghastly! I believe Jesus Loves Me is from the late 1800's...not that a little thing like that glaring error will deter this author.

Jilly, My in-laws have a Wii. My son thinks he has THE COOLEST GRANDPARENT'S EVER. Emphasis all his! We played it last time we were there...pretty fun! Although I suspect there was more laughing AT me being done when I was boxing than laughing WITH me.

As usual, I had a fattening weekend. Saturday I went to a friends candle party - but she's on WW and so food wasn't too bad there. Sunday, however, was a BBQ and I had TWO brat's AND TWO hot dogs! I HATE when I do that to myself! I was still wanting to eat when I got home!

Last night I stayed up too late and watched a TLC show on a clinic in NY for very obese people. One man was 800 or so and cheating EVERY DAY on his diet, having people bring him food! I couldn't get over that...who TAKES PIZZA to a 800 lb man who is practically on life support (he has to have a ventilator to breathe) in a CLINIC for obesity??? He'd been there for over a year and GAINED weight! The doctor who runs the clinic said he had made a rule that no outside food was allowed and people checked out and he figured that outside the clinic they might die, so better they be in where maybe he could help them rather than have them die because he made a rule about no outside food. Call me cynical, but I couldn't help but wonder if the $$$ coming in from the patients wasn't really the deciding factor. I stopped watching 1/2 way thru so I didn't see what happened to any of them in the end. But if nothing else, it made me get up this morning and work out, pack my lunch and log my points.

Hang in there ladies! We can do this...each and every one of us!
Old 04-23-2007, 03:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Vicki - Oh how I miss Celebrity Fit Club!! We don't have cable/satellite here in the apartment yet! It's one show that Andrew & I could actually agree on!! That stinks that you gained, but at least you are owning up to it, and keeping up with the diet!

Jill - I saw you announce your engagement on Myspace, and I forgot to congratulate you!! When's the big day?

Catherine - Insurance is one of the first things we're going to get taken care of once we get married...SO IMPORTANT!!!

Lilion - I hate some of those shows for just that reason!!! You would think the family would STOP enabling!!!!! Grrrrr....

Soorry my personals aren't so long...I had a bit of a mishap,because I'm clumsy. I fell, and jammed my finger straight on. It is swollen and can't really move it. I''m putting off going to the hospital, because I don't think it's broken, and I don't have insurance. I'm going to try and take a nap now.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #20  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hi all! back from an AWESOME weekend camping. it was a rough start, but we had a great time. we were gonna head out on friday but it was raining, so we had to wait til saturday to go. we drove out at about 9 am, and started looking for a campsite, but they were all full in the park, so i knew of this area outside the park that you can camp at, but... its just a dry lake bed. and some hills. so we found the flattest spot we could find, pitched the tents, and hung out. shortly after we pitched the tents i realized there was NO bathroom, and really.. all flat land... i did manage to figure out a solution to the problem, but it was akward to say the least. there were a bunch of people that were out riding motorbikes so getting any privacy was a real task.

we were kinda at the base of these hills tho, and he wanted to go take a hike. there was this trail that lead up into the hills, but the top part seemed to go straight up into the air. i told him that i would go, but i didnt think i could really make it to the top. he was amazing, constantly encouraging me and stopping if i needed to take a break. when we got to the top he even helped me up, gave me a hug, and told me that he never didnt think i would make it. we sat at the top for a while and when it started to get sunset we started back down to make dinner. i made a fire and we made bratwurst and had drinks and just sat out and watched the stars come out. it was awesome. we even did the smores thing, but really i just like the marshmallows. we mostly just ended up drinking ourselves ******ed and passing out. i woke up in the middle of the night and it was raining a bit, i just went back to sleep.

we got up in the morning, and i tried to make pancakes on the campfire (ive done it before) but i didnt bring butter so they stuck, so that was a wash. we ended up taking another nap (well 2 really) and then packed up and came home. it was a fun time tho.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:10 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Donna - aha mystery solved, you have my missing lovely weather. Well I don't mind sharing, and I am glad that you are getting to do all you laundry and can dry it outside. Now then I can forgive you for taking the weather, but your news about the Cheesecake Factory, oooh that hurts Seriously I hope Doug will have a wonderful birthday and that you all enjoy your time at the CF

on the girls doing so great in the comp, you must be very pleased and well done on solving the wardrobe malfunction

Patti - hope you are still feeling well and that you enjoyed playing on the Wii.

Kayley - I didn't realise that you had modified the SB diet. Well I shall keep my that if you do try it again without all the modifications that you and Andrew both have great success with it.

Vicki - I'm sorry about your shock on the scales but I have to say it really seems to have inspired you into getting back on track. I am sure it won't take you too long to lose those lbs again

I love Celeb Fit Club, but they aren't showing that current US Version over here. I used to love the Brady Bunch though and would like to see what Maureen is up to now. Does she have much weight to lose?

Catherine - that book sounds worse and worse, you deserve a medal for working on it like you are! It's awful that you can't put some time into your own book because of having to work on that daft sci/fi one!

I hear you on surgery, I've had more than enough for one life time, BUT I do hate my flabby skin and I have another 80 lbs to lose, so chances are I'm going to opt for a tummy tuck etc.

OOOH I do like the sound of those key lime pie popsicles, if I can work out the points to them I will definitely give them a go. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

It's great that you got life insurance when you were younger. I have a bank account that I pay $20 a month to have. I get a lot of things for that money, one of the things being accidental death insurance. I know I might not die accidentally, but I am not willing to stop paying for that bank account fee as it's the only kind of insurance I'll be able to have. Well the only affordable insurance. With my weight, my depression and my ostomy I shudder to think what I would be charged for other life insurance

Lilion - I've seen shows like the one you mentioned where seriously obese people are in hospital and their families bring in loads of food that they shouldn't. WHY do they do that? Can't they see that they aren't doing their loved ones any favours!

How are you doing with the diet today, are you back on track after the weekend? I know you ate more than you had planned, but I bet it's far more than you would have eaten in your days of 100 lbs ago! Don't be too angry at yourself about it, just be good again now

Luan - sounds like you had a great time camping, and your guy is such a sweety being so encouraging and having such faith in your ability.

Heroes is coming on so I better run, see you all later

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #22  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

AMMI, a blimp ride is the one thing my MIL has mentioned that she’d like that she can’t get for herself. For her 80th, we really wanted something special, and this will be a HUGE surprise. I’m sure she’ll love it. I just wonder who will get to go with her. As for the food at the auction, oh my! As soon as I walked into the building it started driving me crazy. I had one dollar in change, and I spent that really quickly on a 50/50 raffle ticket, otherwise the cookies or brownies would be not-so-proudly displayed on my hips today.

SHARON, Being pre-menapausal, I’m always irritable these days. Today I’m having to really get a rein on it though, because the leader of the riding club Stephanie is in refused to sign her up for her dressage class later this summer. She said she had it taken care of, then after the deadline passed she informed Steph and her mom that SHE didn’t feel Steph was ready for it. SHE has never seen Steph ride, has NO idea what she’s talking about, but she cheated my sweetheart and I’m REALLY FUMING! Can you tell? OK. So as to that irritability – I hear ya!!! ( OK, Composing myself to be civilized….)

JILLY, I’ve tried weighing and not weighing. What I’ve discovered when I pick a future date and try to stay off the scale every morning, is that I start cheating more. I keep thinking I can make up for it later. (DUH!) I find, personally, that if I have to pay right away for my indiscretions by facing the scale daily, I mind my manners. I’m so sorry that your scale was so rude this morning. I know that you beat that number before, though, and I know that you’ll beat it again! If it were easy, we wouldn’t have 3FC. But it’s not, and we’re here for ya! <hug>

JILLY – WHAT? You got a PONY??? And you named it Wii? I had a pony named “Boo!” once. (Never mind. I get it. I just couldn’t resist.)

PEGGY, I sure hope you’re feeling better this week! AWESOME that you’re down 4 more pounds!! I sure understand how you feel about weighing at the doc’s, but you’ve really got something to be proud of with your weight loss so far! Look at that bright side, and think of the health benefits you’ve already gained! Strut yourself up on that scale and if they give ya any flack, tell ‘em “Look baby, I’ve come a long way! And my 3FC friends will trounce you if ya don’t zip up your attitude” Then just go right on struttin’!

VILANDRA, Hi Melissa. The trick to a scale that’s slow to come up with a final weight is to jump off real quick when it’s giving you the lowest of the readings it’s considering. Hang in there. I hope you finish up a great day five and have a great day six tomorrow!

DONNA – Too bad about the shower food, but WTG! On the Friday’s salad! I’m not quite sure what the dance competition was all about, but it sure sounds fun! Glad your girls did so well!!!

Hi PATTI! I’m glad you’re feeling better!!!

VICKI, a backslide is never happy news, but you’ve really put yours behind you quickly. I’ll be ecstatic to be at the 107 pounds down that you’re already at. Congrats on staying away from those evil carbs!! Just remember how much easier it gets. BRAVO!

LILION, what a weird place, that clinic you were talking about. If people are so determined to cheat, then let them go. I think you really have to be committed to losing weight to ever actually do it. If they’re that determined, that they’ll leave rather than stop cheating, why not make room for someone who’s sincerely ready to lose weight?? And yes, who in the world would bring them food anyway??? Sounds just crazy to me. I’d rather see and hear about people who are successes or are determined to be, rather than people who aren’t even willing to seriously try. Glad it moved you to get up and work out. …I’m not back there quite yet, but I will be soon. Step one, eating, is under control. Step two, exercise, can’t be far behind!

Oh, My! KAYLEY! OUCH! I hope you haven’t injured you’re finger seriously!! I hope it’s better soon.

LUAN, Your camping weekend sounds like fun. I would SO like to go camping again, but I don’t think DH will go for it. He thinks camping requires a deluxe motor home that we don’t have and can’t afford. Great that you went hiking and had so much fun!!

ANNIE!?!? The suspense is killing me. Where are you???

As for me, I'm doing pretty good still today. Still haven't made it back to actually aerobic exercise yet, but I actually considered it when I took my sweater off the treadmill this morning. I think I'll see if I can get the scale to drop a few more pounds thru just my "adjusted calorie intake" first. That's my plan at the moment. Don't tell me - I know - it would drop faster if I'd just climb back on the TM and get it over with, but I'm being too whiney, making too many excuses, and I guess I'm just not QUITE ready yet. But soon, I promise, and I AM heading in the right direction in a determined way. I've got a horse to ride...
Old 04-23-2007, 06:01 PM   #23  

Ammi - I had a dial scale before, but even when I stood still the dial wouldn't stay still and it moved inbetween like 5 pounds...so I couldnt take an accurate weight, lol!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

I know what Annie lost at her WI today but I'm not telling You'll have to wait to hear it from the lady herself.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-23-2007, 06:21 PM   #25  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies. Just dropping in quickly to do a mini-update & send my best wishes/thoughts to everyone. Work is nuts, and today I had to go to a coworker's funeral and tomorrow I will be working, cleaning, and eventually entertaining my niece and nephew so I wanted to post this now. I weighed in today. I lost a grand total of .3lbs. I'll take it! ANY loss is good at this point! I have finally broken the gaining spell!

Congrats to all the losers & those who stick with it, losing or not. For those of you who are ill or not doing so well, my thoughts are definitely with you as well. Take care everyone!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Tee Hee. Okay Val my weigh in was a minus........ 13.5 pounds! I am sooo happy about it. It has really motivated me to continue. I was working so hard with WW and exercise and nothing happened and now I just feel like sitting on my recumbant bike all day and riding (won't though) I am excited and finally feel like I am making progress. Thanks everyone for all the prayers and well wishes. I love you all so much and don't know what I would do without my 3fc family here.

Kayley: yesterday I had my DH take photos of me too for a before shot. They are so awful but, necessary. Just use them as a tool hun.

Ammi: The meeting was great. Lots of talk about self love and treating yourself as well as you would a very good friend etc. I think I may learn some things. So, you watch Supernatural too. I love those Windsor boys! Cutie pies.

Catherine: OOOOwwww gross. I can't imagine purposely getting a tape worm to be in your tummy. On the other hand, when I was a kid my mom said if I eat too much sugar I'd get a tape worm. Maybe that is a wonderful way to enjoy dessert. lol. Thanks for your good wishes on my weigh in.

LeeAnneCarrington: Good job on your 2 mile walk. I am starting a walking program today. I haven't walked in years! So, the Dr. today put me on a program I have 5 days of 1/2 mile a day. I am planning on doing 7 days of walking.

Val: Sounds like you had a great time at the auction. Good for you helping someone out and getting a gift for MIL's birthday all at once. What a great gift. I'm really proud of you for not giving in to treats. I know you can do it. If I can do this no eating thing, anyone can!

Sharon: Thanks for the info. I am looking forward to having more energy. SO sorry you are having a headache. Hugs.

Jilly: I want one!

Peggy: congrats on another -4 you are doing so well!

Kymberly: enjoy the great weather.

Donna: Great dicision on doing salads and not Mc D's!

Vikki: sorry you had a gain but, you can do it. Good job starting up with the exercise again.

Luan: So glad that you had fun camping. I always love camping and I love coming home from camping and having a shower and good sleep in my own bed.

Well, loosing weight couldn't come at a better time for me. My Dr. got the results for my oxygen test and at times I was as low as 30% so this week she is desperately trying to get a sleep test for me and if not she will set me up with an oxygen mask and tank to sleep with. No wonder I'm so tired all the time. lol. I hope you ladies are all doing well and having wonderful op days. I'm off to change my ticker.
Hugs to you all
Blessings,
Annie
Old 04-23-2007, 06:36 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Brandnewme: Congrats on the loss. You are right, a loss is a loss. Sorry about your coworker. Hugs to you. Glad to see you post though.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 04-23-2007, 06:51 PM   #28  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday and today were much better days. Yesterday, I got up, took a shower, put on some make up, and changed into some normal clothes and I felt human again. I also took out the pain pump catheters that they gave me temporarily for pain. This was a huge deal because I had been walking around with tubes out of my leg connected to medicine pumps in portable pouches. I feel so much more freedom now that I’m “unhooked!” The pain is very low, just a dull ache. I had a few people stop by to visit which was nice. I have been having a lot of phone conversations but it was nice to have some face to face contact. This has been a very scary experience – lots of unknowns to fear and overcome. I’ve managed to get past the obstacles so far and I feel better emotionally. I don’t know why HE chose to shake up my life, but there must be a reason. I am just going to move on and try to get back into my routine.

Today, I have a new outlook on life. I got my walking cast! Hooray!!!!! I still have to use the walker for support because the bones are fragile, but at least I can put weight on it and don’t have to hop everywhere I go. It took me about 1/8 the time to get across the room today as it did yesterday when I was in the non weight-bearing cast. I go back to work tomorrow, so life should get back to normal. I went out today and practiced driving with my left foot and it wasn’t as bad as I had imagined. It is a little awkward, but nothing that seems to dangerous. Also, I tried on all my pants to see if the legs would fit over the cast and they did, so no need to buy new pants or cut up the old ones. I’m looking forward to getting on with my life.

SANDY – I’m so glad your tests turned out well. I know from recent experience that surgery is scary, but sometimes the fear of the unknown is worse than the actual event. Keep your chin up!

NANCY – I really like your new picture. Your face is so thin!!!!! Thanks for the well wishes. I think you are right that being off the 100% liquid diet may be a needed change. It was getting pretty hard toward the end. Maybe I can restart with a new resolve.

MICHELLE – I’m so glad your husband’s biopsy was negative. I know you are both relieved.

CATHERINE – It helps me to know that you experienced the same thing with dealing with a non weight bearing cast and having to drive with your left foot. As silly as it sounds, I have been feeling like I am the only one in the world who has had to deal with this. As for crutches, I’ve decided to use a walker – more stable. No calluses under my arms but a big blister on my palm.

SHARON – Oh thank you so much for your kindness! Had I lived on your side of the world, that would have been a truly generous offer. Even though I knew I would figure out how to make due, this whole ordeal really scared me. Fortunately, my aunt was close by and I had a lot of emotional support from friends and other family members. Sometimes it takes a scare like this to realize just how lucky you are to have good friends and family. Thanks for the well wishes. By the way, how is the diet going? How much weight have you lost? Are you still on liquids?

AMMI – I’m sure that was so hard to receive that letter, particularly when you weren’t expecting it. Things like that just stir up all sorts of emotions. It was very impersonal. I’m so proud of you for not going after the booze and the pizza. That is usually my typical response too. After breaking my ankle, I sure felt like drinking a few bottles of wine and eating something sinful. Didn’t do it but really wanted to.

Also, thanks for the kind thoughts and encouragement. You are such a nurturing, kind person. I am doing better and I did rely on family when necessary. I have been eating sensibly, but I’m looking forward to talking to my nutritionist so I can get back on some type of controlled plan. However, I don’t expect that to happen before Wednesday, so my friend and I are gonna go eat sushi on Tuesday. I’m gonna take the opportunity while I have it! Thanks again for your kindness!

ANNIE – 13.5 pounds! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew you would lose weight. When I started my liquids, I too was very skeptical during the first week. I had not had success with previous diets, no matter how hard I tried, so I figured that this would fail too. I had blamed it on antidepressants and was convinced that I wouldn’t lose weight if I remained on the meds. I was pleasantly surprised. If you keep on track, you will be absolutely amazed at your progress. I’m so proud of you for making this decision and for sticking to it. Please keep us posted!

XENA – I’m so sorry you are struggling with your diet. Don’t get too hard on yourself. Changing your eating habits is more than changing the habits . . . it is also changing your feelings about food. That is the hardest part. You can’t be perfect and we all have lapses now and again. Try to think about what it is that is making you veer off course. When I was on the liquids, I realized that most of my hunger was emotional rather than physical. I just wanted to eat!!! Take this opportunity to dig deep within yourself and try to find out what is triggering this. Weight loss is a hard battle. You’ll be fine.

KAYLEY, LESLEY, EM – Thanks for the well wishes! I really appreciate it.

Well, have a good week, everyone and I’ll pop in later!

Lisa
Old 04-23-2007, 07:02 PM   #29  

Annie now i know where all my weight loss sucess went to you! way to go!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:34 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Luan - Sounds like fun! I haven't been camping in ages! We had planned to go last year, but just never made it before fall arrived!

Valerie - Taking the sweater off the TM is the first step!

Annie - That is SO FANTASTIC!!!!! What plan are you following?!?! CONGRATS!!!!!

My finger is either sprained or fractured. It's my pointer finger, so I'm typing one-handed, and it's not going so well. We put a splint on it, and I'll see how I'm doing in the AM, and I might have to go to the doctor...even though I really can't afford to, not having any kind of medical insurance! Almost deterred me from going to the gym, since I couldn't do the eliptical, but I went! I only got in 13 mins on the treadmill, cuz I started to sweat my splint off! Not good! So I had Andrew bring me back home...I'm glad I got even a little bit in than nothing at all!
Closed Thread