Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning Ladies!

Had another crazy weekend, w/uncontrolled eating. I have vowed to change that. Going out and "partying" for 2 Saturdays in a row, is really taking it's toll. Again, we had a great time, but this time I went out w/DH, his co-workers and friends. The party seems to be whever we go. . But Sunday is back to being "mommy". Last night my 3 year old decided to cut her hair like my SD. Which means, BANGS!! I was not and still am not happy about this. My daugther has beautiful curly hair, and BANGS do not go well w/curly! UGH! This morning I actually tried to put mousse in it to keep the hair back in her pigtail. By the time I got them to school, it was already getting curly. I hate to see what she's going to look like when I go to pick her up.

Valerie - Congrats on the new horse & your counter space. I wish we had some of that. It's not they aren't clean, we just dont have any! We have one counter w/ a sink in the middle. On the left is the coffee maker and on the right the microwave. Not much more than that and it's a royal pain! Thanks for the welcome! All I can say, is WOW a liquid diet. You sound very in control and know what you want to do. I wish I had the same.

Julie- Welcome. I think you will get alot of support here. All these ladies are wonderful. I just came back earlier this month, and I'm mad at myself for ever leaving! I have relatives in Minniesota (although, I've never been) and the funny thing is, my aunts name is Julie also.

Luja & Julie- I have to tell you a what my 5 year said to me. A few months back I was laying my bed and my daughter comes in and says "I really miss Aunt Julie. You know the one that lived in Pepsi Soda". and I said "where?" and she repeats, very slowly "Pepsi soda". It took everything I had not to start cracking up. I just tried to correct her and let her know that I would let Aunt Julie know. I swear from the mouths of babes.

Does anyone else watch "Celebrity Fit Club"? I love that show!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #32  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all. Just a quick post. I'm alive. Once again I've felt too harried to think about doing anything for myself. I have got to change that, soon, and permanently.

Hope all are well. Will try to read tonight and post again soon.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #33  

Smile baaaack again!

Good morning chickies, Here I am again. Don't ask how well I did with staying on program this past weekend. That should be shame faced.

We had my Moms birthday party or get together is more like it. I counted 25 people besides my DH and myself. There was tons of food and cake and ice cream A good time was had by all. My Mom was overwhelmed by all of the attention and cried several times. We asked her why she was crying and she said she was so happy. It was all I could do to keep from crying with her. Mine was not from happiness though. Sending her back out to the nursing home is so hard!

I have the cleaning woman here today, thank goodness. The house didn't get so messed up, but the kitchen and den need a good cleaning. My son (grown man) made the biggest mess. He dropped a piece of cake icing side down on the kitchen floor, but at least he cleaned it up. LOL! His Mama taught him right! That was rule number one in my household, you make a mess, you clean it up! No argument about it. I am not the maid!

My sister is still here for a few more days. We are having a nice visit. She goes out to the home every day to visit with Mom while she can. Right now she is hiding out in her bedroom while the cleaning is going on, and you guessed it, I am hiding out in my office. I call it staying out of the way. LOL!

Things will get back to normal in a few more days and I will try to do some replies then. Hope everyone is having op days. Gonna get me back there too! Later chicks, Ruth
Old 04-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #34  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

Ruth: I'm glad your mom's party was a success! It's wonderful that you made her so happy! I hope you enjoy the rest of your visit with the relatives. I'd love to have the cleaning lady come by my place later - send her my way!

Angela: I totally understand being too harried to think straight! Try to find time to relax.

Dyan: Weekends are always my trial, especially when I have somewhere "social" to go. This weekend for instance, I went to a bbq and ended up eating TWO bratwursts and TWO hot dogs! Did your child cut her hair herself?!? I'm surprised she didn't wind up bald.

Terri- Has Danni been burying any more bones in the carpet? Your post makes me want to plant stuff!!! But then again, EVERYTHING makes me want to plant stuff. I just want a little garden so bad! My big plans continue to go astray. I can't wait to get started on something. My DH thinks we should move our little kitchen garden closer to the house. I don't even care so long as I get a garden! I don't want much...2-3 tomato plants, a couple of peppers, some pole beans, maybe some squash and cukes and carrots. I just talked to him and told him we HAVE to get some compost and such this weekend and put in my raised bed. That's all there is to it!

Sparkles:

JoAnne

Rileydog: I can't begin to tell you what a "normal" food intake is. I love WW because if you can fit it in your points you can eat it. And if you slip up and use too many, there are zero point items you can still eat. Veggies, for instance, are usually zeros...eat all you like and don't count them. It's a nice way to get volume without the fat and calories. I know starting out I lived on salads and stir-fry and things with tons of veggies...big plates for little calories.

Valerie GO Gabriel! I know how much you've looked forward to riding that big boy! And you SHOULD! Like you said, he ain't no delicate flower! Those horses can haul grown men in 90 lbs of ARMOR! I think he'll have no trouble with you! As for medieval events, we WERE gearing up for the big, week-long camping event, but everyone we camp with has backed out this year and I think we may too. We are thinking about trying for a trip to Arizona in Feb. instead to an even bigger event....we'll see. Two days driving each way is rough. I am looking forward to hitting a few events, but with DH hours...we'll see. Speaking of DH, everything better with you???? (Yep, I'm nosey.)

A big to everyone else!

The past weekend was again a poor food time for me. I ate bratwurst and hot dogs and didn't get my work-outs. Unless you count the hour-long bra shopping marathon. I always knew "the girls" would be the first to go...but boy have they went! I only owned one bra that kind of fit and the cups were fairly empty so I went thru the indignity of the whole measurement and salesclerk in the dressing room thing! I'm not particularly modest, but something about having a total stranger helping me put on and take off bras just exceeds my comfort zone. I'm quite sure that my "You know, I've been putting on bra's for 30 years...I think I can handle it!" was a hint to BACK OFF! Yeesh! On the up side, I finally found one that nearly fits...seems I'm between a B and a C right now, and in serious need of a lift. Ahhh gravity.

Tonight I get to choose between building planters, doing yard work, skim-coating the drywall in the bathroom (STILL not finished), making curtains, and about a dozen other things I need to do. So many projects, so little time.

And so little time to post. I've taken much longer than planned here...so I'm off! Love to all!
Old 04-24-2007, 04:42 PM   #35  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Yeah ... I think Spring is really here!!!

HI LADIES ~ ~ nice to see things picking up a bit around here; I've been busy lately as well. We had a beautiful weekend; rained Monday, but it's cool and sunny today. Looks like spring is here to stay; and we're expecting sunshine for a few more days.

My hand is on the mend and I can even type a little better now. We're trying to chase away the flu; so I hope it stays away. We think our furry babies had it too, and this may be why we've had a heck of a time getting rid of it. A friend thinks this may be so, as one tell-tale sign is repeated sneezing. Someone said that each sneeze spreads 90,000 germs (hmmm ... did someone really count those?) Well, I got dosed with half a million or so at least just yesterday!!!

We went out Sunday afternoon to a nearby lake just to enjoy the beautiful weather; so I went for a walk to get a little exercise at the same time. I'm workin' hard to stay OP and I'm not doing too badly, but there's always room for some improvement, I think.

DH is working on the rototiller; had to order parts and a new tire (hope it all works out for him as he's sure he can fix it). We try to get our cold-loving plants seeded by the May 24th holiday weekend here. DH built a new small greenhouse last year for the tomatoes; they grew well in there. Was able to use some to make two batches of chow chow relish (one red; one green). With the cost of veggies here, DH wants to make the garden bigger; I told him fine as long as he's willing to help do the work ~ LOL!!!

TO ALL THE NEWBIES ~ LUJA AND JULIE! We have room for more on this 40+ thread/group.
BEARBUB ~ that same thing happened to me when I started!
RUTH ~ gee Ruth, life isn't so bad when you have a maid, is it???
ANGELA ~ school days are harried days; concentrate on the degree! Two of my nieces are graduating UV this spring and we're sooo ... proud of them!
TERRI ~ you're fortunate to be able to start planting already!
LILION ~ I like BUSY myself; burns lots of energy!
HEATHER ~ I take tips from all the plans out there; whatever helps!
DYAN ~ what I do at BBQ's is eat only the meat or only one bun plus all the salad/veggies I can find; this way I can stay on plan and eat well too.
JOANNE ~ will pray for you; keep well!

VAL ~ glad you were able to ride your horse again; best wishes with the liquids (I couldn't do that). I'm trying an idea a friend once rec ~ eat really lightly one day and regular the next and so on. I've mixed it in my plan and I really like it; I still stick to my numbers, but just lighter for three days!

PATTI ~ I'm with you on your quest; that was mine at the start too! I asked myself: how can I eat normal and balanced for the rest of my life if I don't know what that is? Like HEATHER, I searched books at the library from the health guides and health associations, and so on, until I had a better idea of what MODERATION is!!! You will find the right amount for you! I can't go under 1500 C's a day or I feel like I'm starving, so right now I'm at 2000-2100 daily; later on, I can go down by 100's to allow myself to still lose weight, but not feel hungry. It depends on what your target weight will be in the end. VOLUMETRICS does sound interesting; I eat lots of fruit, veggies, and fiber to feel full too!

Well, I hope all of you are in good health; and just try to stay OP as best you can. Take care; and keep on, keepin'on ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:04 PM   #36  

Okay, i think I have the thread thing worked out!
I'm using a technique which really works WHEN I actually do it - I read about it in an article talking about how to change food related behaviors. I have written down on a file card 3 reasons why it is important to me to lose weight and whenever I have the urge to overindulge or binge, I take out the card and read the 3 reasons to myself 5 times. By the time I've finished reading them to myself, the urge has passed and I've reinforced why I'm doing this. It's a form of self-behavior modification, but the fact is, when I do it, it works. The key is the repetition Over time I am supposed to get to the point where I won't need the card because I will automatically think of those reasons and avoid the binge without it. I've discovered that my need to eat, that little devil that sits in the back of my mind and says, "Wouldn't a piece of pie taste really good, or a KFC dinner? " , also tries to keep me from pulling that card out of my purse/pocket, so I have to really make the effort. But when I do, it does work.
Only 5 weeks till I go to camp. Yea!!!
Bearcub
Old 04-24-2007, 08:42 PM   #37  
Patti

S/C/G: 342/299/135

Sometimes I think it would just be so easy to have prepackaged meals to open and eat, but the cost is high. I just need simple...

Anyhow, my DH and I attended an 8 hour diabetes class today. He is recently diagnosed. So much great info! And they gave him an idea of exactly what a daily menu should look like. Gosh – it seemed pretty restrictive. It was basically carb counting. They first showed how to count the carbs, then, also gave us a handbook on very low carb items and all the exchanges. Really it’s all about portion control and getting back to basics. I was so impressed and thankful to the nurses that they allowed spouses to attend. I think I am more excited and motivated to follow the ideas than hubby, but he’ll come along soon.

I ate poorly all weekend – I knew beginning today that I would be starting over again with new vigor. Or at least that’s the excuse I used. I think I'm back up over 300 - don't really know. My scale gets goofy around that weight. I don't really want to know right now.

Rosebud – I will be getting out my books and looking at ideas again for healthy menus. The last time I lost so much weight – my thought was to eat the number of calories a 135 lb person should eat. And I seemed to lose so fast, my skin was loose. But it was too fast, I think.

Bearcub – I love that idea of listing the reasons to lose weight – I have a list of reasons on my palm pilot that I can read periodically. I think it’s time to look at the list again, and again, and again.

Dyan – so funny about ‘pepsi soda’ – I loved it!

Lilion – thanks about the WW info. I have friend at work that does WW and she really likes it. I was just completely frustrated over the weekend.

Thanks so much for each and everyone!!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:03 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Patti -- A couple of people mentioned volumetrics and I just wanted to mention there's a volumetrics forum on 3fc around somewhere.

Angela - -I can so relate. My grading mountain just keeps growing!!! Chin up!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #39  

Default Good morning!

Hump day ladies! Now when I still worked that was important, but now it just seems to mean another week is almost over and the year is flying by. Shoot, I am going to have another birthday before I am ready. Birthdays are just numbers or so they say, but gals my numbers are adding up fast!

I am on my own for a couple of hours at least. My sister and DH went to take Mom to the Dr. for what I hope is her last visit with the orthopedic. He should release her today. It has been five months since she had the hip replacement surgery. She still can't walk and I don't believe she will ever be able to walk again. Her knees just collapse when she tries. Everybody says what do you expect from a 100 year old woman, but she was walking before she broke her hip and still going to church and out to eat at least twice a week.....that is what I expect!

I know one thing for sure, I have got to get myself under control with the eating. Sounds so simple and yet I am having a hard time making up my mind to get back op. SOOO stupid to get off program when one is doing good.

Rosebud, whoa, I don't have a maid, wish I did. What I do have is a woman who comes every second week and goes over the house for me. She was my Moms cleaning woman and I kept her after Mom left to visit my sister. We didn't realize Mom wouldn't be coming back home then. I just took my Moms days. Maid, oh ha ha!

Lilion, if I could talk Mary into coming to Mo I would send her to you. The problem is that she is getting up in age and doesn't always do a good job of cleaning. I have had to go behind her and dust. After she has left of course. I don't think she ever moves anything to clean. LOL!

Rileydog, I agree that I think it would be easier to get prepackaged food to eat, but you are right about the cost. I have to feed DH too, so what would we do about them? I wish it were simple to plan and have instant meals.....siggghhhh!

Dyan, partying bad, op good! LOL! Well, at least you enjoyed it. Start all over again. The story of my life.

Bearcub, Gee I wish reading cards would stop me from wanting to eat the bad stuff. I am glad it works for you. I have tried putting a picture of myself at my highest weight on the fridge and even that didn't stop me. It darn sure should have, cause I looked like a barrel with clothes on!

Hi Terri, how are the doggies doing these days. You are one busy lady. How does a calorie stand a chance of making a fat cell on you? I get worn out just reading all that you do.

Hello to Julie, Luja, Joe Anne, Angela and wyllen Hope that all of you are having a great op day.

I shall return.... Ruth
Old 04-25-2007, 09:33 AM   #40  

Good Morning Ladies!

Rileydog, if you are the cook of your family, maybe you should just make meals in accordance with the diabetic diet? That would mean your DH had to follow along and if you are eating the same thing, I suspect you will lose weight too! I've read those diets and they are pretty darn healthy and usually pretty close to a South Beach or Atkins-type diet. Just a thought.

Rosebud, I'm trying to get a small garden in this year...at least containers if nothing else. I'd love to have a greenhouse! That would be wonderful!

Everyone else: Sorry no real time to post today. I'm running late. I'm working on staying away from the pastries in the office for Admin. Professionals Day...Since I brought them, it's even harder to stay away!!!

Have a great day ladies!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #41  

Hey Ruth! You posted when I did! Back on track is hard, no doubt about it. Those pastries keep calling my name! I actually bought myself a walnut bran muffin to keep from hitting the chocolate filled croissants...and cut it in 1/2 and put 1/2 in the box with the others so I only ate 1/2...and it wasn't really all that impressive. Although drizzled with honey it would have been spectacular. I'm telling myself that I simply don't want any more. Truthfully, I DON'T want anymore...at least not my stomach...just my brain!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:06 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

No time to post but just had to say that I'm here. We got Duke yesterday. He's 100% bloodhound not coonhound. OMG, he is the cutest dang dog. I slept on the new dog bed last night beside his crate and then with him sleeping on me when he wanted out. Bear is not sure what to think about him because Duke walks underneath Bear and between his legs. Duke has huge feet so he's not going to be small. Danni took up post in front of the pantry door all night to guard the food. Bear was not happy about Duke laying on me so he took up post to guard me. So I'm a little today.

And food and exercise is not good this week. I hope for a less stressful evening tonight so I can get laundry done and catch up on things before the weekend.

to all!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:46 PM   #43  

Happy Wednesday Everyone! I hope you all had a great day.

Rosebud - I am expanding my garden this year, too. I ordered all of my stuff from seedsavers and the seed exchange this year. I wanted to try all of the unusual heirlooms that are out there. It should be fun.

Terri - your dog sounds great. I love hounds, they are so cute.

Rileydog - So I live in Pepsi-Soda, huh. Little kids say such funny things. Now maybe I am mean, but here is what I tell my family - I do all of the shopping and cooking, so I get to decide what we are eating. If they don't like it, they are free to fend for themselves. This rule was in affect as soon as my kids were old enough to make themselves a PB and J sandwich. I try to be reasonable about what I cook, but if it is healthy for me, it is healthy for them!! They got over grumbling pretty quickly. I cook a lot of vegetarian food and my husband asks EVERY meal if there is meat in it - he says it's tradition to ask. He thinks he's a funny guy. Sometimes they do make their own food and they made really excellent PB and J when they were little - none of them has starved to death (one kid has reached 6'6") - so I would say take care of yourself!!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #44  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

HI all. Not sticking to my liquid diet really well, worse every day in fact. Until today I've kept the calorie intake down tho, and made good choices on the 'real food' I've snuck in.

I hate the rain, and we even had thunder-boomers today. I actually even turned the heat back on last night. Ugh! So much for my day off today.

I finally discovered that the 'puppy' (who's 18 months now) will leave me alone when I'm on the computer if I will put my feet up on the other chair and throw my sweater across. Apparently all that whining and elbow bopping was an attempt to have my provide a lap. Hey, whatever the puppy wants...

I didn't see the first part, but I really liked "Idol" last night. They really put together an amazing array of performers, and BRAVO to them for giving back to the world instead of just putting it all in they're own pockets. I liked the whole idea that they were putting $ in to places BOTH at home and abroad where they could touch lives and make things better. Last I heard they had raised over $30 million? Good job!

I wish you all well today! I'm off to brave the cold, damp world, and go give a riding lesson this p.m. Then tonight - YEAHHHH! - It's a new Ugly Betty.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #45  
Patti

S/C/G: 342/299/135

Well, I am feeling hopeful that my new motivation this week will stick with me. I’ve been on program for three days now. I’m having headaches each day, but I’m guessing it’s my body saying – woah! Where’s the junk food? I’m not exercising yet, exactly, but I am getting out with the dog each day to walk around the block. I’m sure as I lose a little more weight I’ll feel more like being active each evening. For right now, it’s a lot for me to work each day, and keep up with the basics around the house.

With each day, I have felt more confident that I can do this. I was truly wallowing in the self pity that having to start over again was making me feel like such a failure. But for now I’m going to look forward, and stop the negative thinking. I am taking charge of my life – and that means keeping the crap out of my diet, and feeding my body what it needs to survive and thrive.

I will weigh myself soon - When I checked on Monday it was 301 - YUCK!

Wyllen – thanks – I’ll look for the volumetrics threads. I did look up that diet, and it is an interesting viewpoint. Thanks!

Iwillbe, Lilion and Luja– yep, I am extremely fortunate that my DH cooks dinner during the week, and although sometimes it’s not always completely healthy, we are making changes every week that are better than the week before. I am so grateful that he enjoys cooking, and I feel spoiled.

Lilion – I’m so proud of you staying away from the pastries. That is so hard for me too when I can almost taste them just by looking at them.

Yeah for us!!!
Closed Thread