Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #121  

ammi i am glad you are feeling some better sleep does wonders doesnt it? i am having feel good moments then feel bad moments.. i am so sick of being sick. yes i think i do need some different meds i sure cant keep this up!
Old 04-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Ammi - And she definately should have been proud!!! Wow, you've lost SO much weight!!! Still doing the Gazelle? You were doing Weight Watchers, right? Still keeping up with that? I've thought about trying it.

Andrew & I just got back from the park. It was so beautiful, and just gorgeous out.

We also got a bunch of groceries, and I think we bought a lot of smart stuff I got a bunch of fresh fruit & fresh veggies. I know that fruit has a lot of sugar in it....but it's a MUCH better choice than...what I really wanted! lol!

Cooking some dinner...I'll check back in later!
Old 04-21-2007, 11:04 PM   #123  

I've been thinking tonight about how I'm back to where I started....I was feeling very depressed, but I really think that being back here will help SO much....if I would have stuck around, I probably would have been at goal right about now!

But, it's a time for yet another start....and, since last time I tried to lose the weight, I never had any pictures from when I was my heaviest...I took some tonight. At least I'll have something to compare, right?

Also, I'm going to go ahead and tell you gals that along with dieting and exercising, a friend and I started taking diet pills...oh, I know there's no 'wonder drug' out there that will make you thinner. But we did our research, and asked around a LOT, and the best seemed to be Lipo 6. At least the best in our price range! Heh. Anyways, with these pills, ALONG with diet & exercise, you're supposed to lose 4 times more weight. I just started taking them on Monday, so we shall see. BUT I know that pills alone will do nothing, and I've been doing good this week. They help curb my appetite BIG TIME. They also speed up your metabolism, which is definately a good thing!

Well, I've gotta go finish up with the dishes!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:31 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Wow where is everybody? There's only been three posts since I went to bed last night and two of them were from Kayley. Well I just hope everybody is just having a fun weekend and are too busy to be on their computers

I am feeling much better today and that urge to comfort eat has gone thank goodness. I made it through yesterday only going 4.5 points over my limit, and that was thanks to the Kit Kat I had. I think I deserve a for that

Patti - I can totally understand where you are coming from. When I was recovering from my surgeries I was so sick of being sick, sick of pain, sick of being bed bound, you get the picture. It was when I realised in May last year that I was actually much better with regards to having healed after the surgeries etc and that my main disability was coming from my weight that I decided it was time to do something about it. Anyway, I hope you can get an appt at the docs soon so that you can sort out some new meds which will hopefully get those allergies under control

Kayley - yes I am doing the WW diet, it's the best diet for me because I don't like restrictions of what I can and can't eat. I know it might not be a good idea, and I've never done it, but I like knowing that if I want to use all my days points on a pizza, or a whole cheesecake that I can and it won't mean my diet is ruined. Like I said though, I have never done that because let's face it, 3 meals and some snacks throughout the day is a much wiser way of spending the points. But you get what I mean I hope. South Beach and Atkins, and all those kind of diets would never work for me, too many rules for my liking

Yes I am still working out on my Gazelle. I do half an hour a day on it, plus half an hour of a work out DVD. I also go to the gym once or twice a week depending on if I can drag Daren with me BUT I don't exercise on the weekends, I like to have a break then.

I need to go write some emails now, but I'll be back later. Hope everybody is enjoying their Sunday,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-22-2007, 08:22 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Ammi, I'm disgusted at the caravan park sending you a letter, shame they couldn't have kept you in touch with EVERYTHING that happened there. WTG on JUST having a kitkat, I think I'd have hit the SC or vodka, Tia Maria or whatever. I'm SO proud of you!xxxxxxx I did one of the Rosemary Conley dvds you sent me, I'm pooped!! Watched Lilia's salsa dvd but it looks WAY too hard & fast for me!!!!
Nothing doing here, Steve's on nights so the boys are in here with me, the weather is weird, grey & still like it's going to rain, but nothing yet. The boys don't want to play outside & want to fight in here, just perfect as I've had a MONSTER headache the last two days!
Sandy, so glad SD's tests came back NEGATIVE!! I'ts one less thing for you to worry about. I hope everything else is going well.xxxxxxxx
Well nothing to do, no energy to do it, so I'll be playing solitaire AGAIN!!!!lol
xxxxxxxsharon
Old 04-22-2007, 08:24 AM   #126  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Goooood Morning everyone!
Had such a busy day yesterday. I even stayed OP 100% which is surprising for a Saturday Another busy one ahead of me today so I just dropped in to say hello. We have a scrapbooking retreat next weekend and we are getting our "group" together, then I have bellydancing tonight. I'll pop on after I get home from there to chat then

Brenda
Old 04-22-2007, 09:34 AM   #127  

good morning everyone! after having another horrible night i am feeling so much better. Ammi i think i meant to say sinisuses instead of allergies and i get horrible headaches with those. anyways so far this morning i feel better . you do deserve applause for how well you did i dont think i could have. right now my scales keep giving me fits!
Old 04-22-2007, 11:49 AM   #128  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Good Sunday morning everyone.

Kayley - Welcome back, dear. I am so glad to see you here again. I think we can all relate to having gained back what we lost. Sometimes it takes a try or two before it all clicks and sticks! Anyway, glad you came back to us. You mentioned you were finishing your 2nd year of college. Wowza! I can't believe that. I swear I can remember posts from you when you were first getting ready to go. Can I have been posting here that long? I guess so...my screenname is Xena2005 afterall.

Nancy - Love your new glasses. They seem to just blend in so that they are less obvious on your face. Lovely. You look to have lost weight in your face as well. That really sucks you are having a hard time apartment-hunting. It must be alot different there than it is here (suburban Dallas area). We've got new aparment building cropping up on what seems like every corner! They are a dime a dozen. If you ever think about relocating, you would have an easy time here I think. Best of luck to you finding just the right thing.

Lisa - Ouchie. I am so sorry you broke your ankle. Feel better soon. :hugs:

Ammi - I was thinking about you last week during the AI results. I felt really bad too with the tears. That person has been raked through the coals in the media and all the mean things Simon has said. When he cried it made me wonder just how bad all of that was hurting his feelings and we didn't know it. Afterall, he is still very young.

mechelle - Good news on hubby's biopsy! I hope your kitties are OK. It makes me really nervous with all these pet food recalls. It would break my heart to have anything happen to my dog or cat.

Vilandra - I see from your avatar that your chihuahua puppy is all grown up now. So cute!

As for me, I have really been struggling with my eating. I mean in a really bad way. I have been bingeing terribly. I finally stopped yesterday and am on track so far today. But it has really affected me physically. My ankles are swollen, my back hurts when I walk. I get so discouraged that I do this to myself. The last time I weighed at WW I was at 14.8 and was so close to getting my next 5 pound star. Then I just lost it. It is very similar to last year when I made it to 24.8 and was looking forward to my 25 pound magnet and then blew it again. Do I have some sort of fear of success? I seem to sabotage myself at milestones. Anyway, just trying to stop being compulsive about food. And it is hard.

Other than that, I went to the Rod Stewart concert on Wed. Oh my gosh, it was so awesome. We had great seats and were REALLY close. It cost a pretty penny but was worth it. He is an amazing performer even at 60 (?) years old. It was so much fun. I have some incredible pictures I am going to try to post on the picture thread.

Work is getting busy again with first quarter reporting due. School is busy as well. I have a homework assignment I need to work on today and another test coming up already on Thursday. Our final is sometime the week of 5/7 so I will be done. I really need to get focused on getting the GMAT taken if I am going to start MBA school this fall. I had originally intended to start this summer but I didn't get all my ducks in a row this time. I did get my boss to say he was OK with me asking for reimbursement from the company. (We have a benefit where they will pay for 80% of books and tuition if it is a program that improves your job skills or readies you for advancement). Now we just need to pass it on to one of the officers and if they approve it, I will be able to get reimbursed. Fingers crossed!

That's about it for now. Take care everyone.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #129  
Because I deserve it!

Can anyone help me with posting pictures? I thought I knew how to do it, but I guess I don't.

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:00 PM   #130  

Ammi - I know what you mean about not liking to have too many rules in a diet. That's one of the reasons I'm probably not going to go back to it...although, who knows, I may end up changing my mind. We shall see! I stopped doing my exercise dvds, because I don't think my neighbors downstairs would appreciate me bouncing around up here! lol...so I just stick to the gym. I usually go at night, when there's less people there, cuz I'm paranoid that people are laughing at me....I'm crazy like that! Andrew works from 3:30-midnight anyhow, so I've got nothing better to do anyhow! I take the weekends off from the gym, too. It's so crowded, and just not open as late, so Andrew & I try and get out and do something active together....since the weather's FINALLY deciding to be decent!!

Brenda - Congrats for staying OP! The weekends can be SO hard for me, too...although, it's getting better since Andrew & I moved in together...so now we don't go out to eat together so much. We just stay home and cook something. Much better on the waistline AND the pocketbook! lol. Have a great Sunday!

Toofat - Sorry, I don't remember your first name!!! Hope your sinuses give you a bit of a break today!!

Well, I weighed in this morning, and I was at 347.8. So, only a 1.2 lb loss this week. That's okay, though...because even though I saved enough cals for it, I had a couple of wine coolers, and 2 shots of vodka last night. High in sugar! Today is another day, and next Sunday, hopefully that number will be LOWER! At least I didn't GAIN!

It's just noon here now, and it's already 82 degrees out...so it's going to be another great day! We're going to go and do our laundry, and then probably go for another walk today. It's too beautiful to spend it inside!!!

Have a GREAT Sunday everyone!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:06 PM   #131  

Xena - I started posting here in December of 2005, so that's was right around the time I started college...hehe. Crazy, how time flies, huh? As for thinking you are afraid of success....it sounds all too familiar! I think some of us subconsciously sabotage our diet/exercise routine. I wish that I would have taken more Psychology, and perhaps I'd be able to advise a little more! Glad you had fun at the concert!!! I have a couple of concerts coming up that I'm really looking forward to, unfortunately, at the one in June, no cameras allowed...so I'm going to have to try and sneak a disposable in!! Hehehe...
Old 04-22-2007, 01:26 PM   #132  
Because I deserve it!

Kayley - There were no cameras allowed at Rod Stewart either. I brought my digital in anyway. I put it in the side zip pocket of my purse so when they looked in it wasn't visible. Very sneaky! Anyway, lots of people had cameras and even video recorders so I guess there were plenty of creative people there with me. Hey, I was so close to Rod there was NO WAY I was leaving there without pictures.

OK, am off to try Ammi's instructions she PM'ed me for posting pics.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:52 PM   #133  

xena i am sl jealous i love Rod Stewart ... oh the memories i have with his music
Old 04-22-2007, 02:07 PM   #134  

Ammi - No secret engagement here, lol, we've been engaged since 2004! We are commonlaw married, but not "really" married yet. I told him I'm waiting until I'm comfortable with myself, then we can get married, so we have about 130+ pounds to wait still, haha.

dogpal - Thank you for the kind words! I hope I can get to losing like I was last year.

Xena - My Chihuahua, Jasmine, is over 6 months old and fully grown! I've started clicker training her, it's quite fun!

Hi Everyone - Nothing much new today, I think I'm gonna hop on the scale and see how things are going on Day 4.
Hope everyone is well!

~M
Old 04-22-2007, 02:26 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Nancy: That 40 pound loss certainly shows up! You look great. Hope you enjoyed your massage!

Catherine: Here's praying we all get some spring weather soon!

Kayley: Yes, DH and I bought a house and have settled into it. There is lots of work we need to do to make it "our own" money is the hold up. lol. Congrats on the -1.2 pounds.

Ammi: Yep. I slept most of the day off and on. I really needed it. Hope you are feeling wayyyyy better today. Just shake off those stupid people that are writing you about your mom. They just have no sensitivity at all. Hugs.

Xena: Hugs. So sorry that you are struggling. I know your pain as I'm sure we all do at this site. I finally had to do something different for myself. Hang in there doll. Glad to see you back.

Well, Day 6 of No Food. lol. With the exception of some grumblings in my tummy, small headaches and sleepiness, I think so far so good. I will let you all know what I really think after I shake hands with the stupid scale tomorrow! OOOOOOh how I dread that darn thing. I haven't cheated again just like when I was on WW and I have so much fear that it will be like WW when I didn't loose but gained. Wish me luck everyone. lol. WW was bad enough sticking to it and not loosing but if I go and have no loss or a gain after a week of not eating anything. Well, lets just say the poop may hit the fan. lol. Hope you all have a wonderful and op day. I am off to do some emails then ride my bike. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon for my time to let you know how it went at the weigh in and the Group support meetig that is mandatory.

Blessings all,
Annie
Closed Thread