Old 03-23-2007, 09:22 AM   #16  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

I went to a potluck last night for work and ate only salad and fruit There were enough desserts left we had to ask another dept. to come and help eat them.... not me!! I was a good girl... even if the cheesecake was hard to resist... i did it!

Brenda
going to lose 200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:37 AM   #17  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Wow, all of you are doing so well! Congratulations on all of the NSVs!

I've had two clothing related NSVs in the past two days. Yesterday, I decided to try on a pair of size 26 jeans I had lying around the house. These jeans just so happen to be the ones that I ordered from a website that ended up being way too small, even when I was wearing mostly size 26 clothing. Well, I got them on today! When I first bought them, I couldn't even get them over my hips. They're still too snug for me to be comfortable in, but just getting them on made me feel like I *am* getting smaller.

The other happened today when I was getting ready to go to the beach with my boyfriend. I bought a swimsuit about a year ago (also right before going to the beach) that was a bit too tight (I felt like a sausage), but it was the largest size they had (3X) and I needed it RIGHT then. Well, today I slipped it on and it went on easily! Too bad that when I got to the beach there ended up being a whole bunch of Portuguese Man O' Wars washed up on the shore that scared me away. Oh well.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I hope you can stand another clothing NSV! I bought a pair of pants almost three weeks ago at Target that were a 26w stretch. I tried them on in the dressing room and I could barely get them over the tummy but had at least a hand or two in between each side of the zipper. There was no way they were going to fit!

Since they were only $15 (1/2 off) I decided to buy them for goal pants and hung them up in my bedroom. This Sunday I decided to try them on to see if I could get any closer and they actually fit! They were a tad tight but I wore them all day anyways just to prove I actually DID fit into the jeans. It just amazes me that two months ago I was wearing a 32w pair of jeans and now I'm squeezing into a 26!

I bought a 24w stretch pair this weekend as my new goal pants and couldn't get them up over my stomach and/or hips so those should last me for a bit.. This is the third time I've bought goal pants that haven't stayed goal pants for long! ^_^
Vamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:27 PM   #19  
Method to the Madness

I had a small NSV tonight. We went out for my mom's birthday tonight at a nice steakhouse, where I normally would have pigged out. My family ordered crab cakes and fried green tomatoes for appetizers, macaroni and cheese (my favorite) for a side, au gratin potatoes, etc. I had planned in advance what I was going to order, and got the 6 oz. filet mignon, asparagus for my side order, didn't touch the appetizers, and only had a tiny taste of the mac and cheese. I also only had the equivalent of one normal sized slice of bread. I put everything into my Daily Plate (like Fitday, but I like it better) ahead of time, so I knew what I was getting myself into. I'm pretty proud that I managed to handle a "celebration" without gorging myself on fatty foods. I had a teeny taste of the bad stuff, but stopped it at that. Something I never thought I'd be able to do.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:01 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Just a quick jump in from vacation in FLA...I haven't been OP exactly~eating out 3x a day is tough! BUT...I have been walking laps in the pool for 30 mins every am and yesterday I did an extra 30 at my Parents pool!! I wish I lived here...it is so much more motivating that up north!!
MamaBplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:16 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Some awesome NSVs! Lindsay, I am finding that managing going out to eat makes such a difference! I can indulge myself and yet not go back to all my bad habits!

Our term started last week and I had purchased a lot of new clothes to wear. Plus, it was warmer so I wasn't all bundled up. As I wandered around campus, I saw people I hadn't seen in months, and it seemed to them like I had lost a LOT of weight... the compliments flowed like... champagne. All sparkly and bubbly!

I wore a skirt on Friday that hit just above my knee. Not something I would have been comfortable in at work earlier. I felt like I looked good! What a feeling!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #22  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

My dog had an NSV today. When I put his collar on to walk him, I was able to use the 2nd to the last hole instead of the very last hole. I haven't gone down any sizes yet, but apparently he has. At least the vet will be happy next time he sees him.
Xena2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Xena -- My older dog needs an NSV like that!! Congrats to your pooch!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:49 PM   #24  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Hurray, I finally have an NSV to post!

I had a job interview today and wore my standard interview outfit. Normally the pants (28) fit well and the jacket (26) is snug, but today, the pants are quite loose and the jacket fits just right!

Now I just hope that I get the job so I can afford new pants, hah!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:51 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi, my NSV was hubby getting into bed this morning (after a night shift) & prodding my upper thigh & hip & asking 'what's that?' it was BONES!!!!! lol, though I WAS lying on my side it was still a good feeling. Hubby also said there's definately 'less' of me! I also got into some jeans I bought cheap from a market, they are SUPPOSED to be an 18, but as my 18s are getting loose I think they're a bit small for 18s, ANYWAY they are tight but I can fasten them, a few weeks ago they wouldn';t even go up my thighs!!!
xxxxsharon
ps This is such an INSPIRATIONAL THREAD!!!
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:51 PM   #26  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

I have another NSV to report, one that I'm so frickin' proud of, as I can't believe I did it!

We went camping this weekend in Pine Mountain, Georgia, which is considered part of the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. There's a whole network of hiking trails, and I did two of them - one a 1 mile hike that DH and my niece did with me and it took about an hour (directly up and down the side of a mountain) and the other a - get this - 4 and a half mile hike! My niece and her dad went with me on that one and it took us about 3 hours. I wasn't sure I could do it but I did and it felt great! I loved it and that's definitely something I couldn't have done before I started eating better and exercising daily.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:08 AM   #27  
Method to the Madness

I had a strange NSV tonight while I was at the gym. I don't know if anyone will be able to relate to it, but you know how after a certain weight your thighs no longer rub together when you walk, but remain practically glued together? Well, tonight as I was exiting the gym, I noticed that both of my thighs were entirely rubbing together! It could have been because of sweat or the pants I was wearing or whatever, but all I know is that this is the first time it's happened. Downside is I'll probably experience more chafing, but hey, it's progress! Oh, and sorry for this being kinda gross. I was just so excited I had to share...
Old 04-10-2007, 04:24 AM   #28  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Okee .. after a crap new year I have an NSV that just makes me feel wonderful As you know we bought a new shop last week . the opening went great, Scoot took me out to dinner on Friday to a lovely pub, the meal was served with a salad and fries ... I pigged out on the salad . and didnt have a single fry! Did have a bottle of Corona tho lol .. But that isnt my WOO HOOO lol .. although it is one anyway now that I think about it ..

I decided yesterday to go and get some smart clothes to wear in our new shop. We have a shop here called Farmers, it has some lovely clothes in .. only they only go up to small 26 .. for tops anyway. With my boobs Im still a 24 (very frustrating!) ... although if I look at my original measurements in reality if I wore non stretch clothes I would have been closer to a 28/30 top and 28 bottoms ... so .. on with my blurb (I do ramble .. sorry about that).

So yesterday I went into Farmers (they were having a sale 20% off the larger clothes) and I saw a jacket I just HAD to have .. it was the most expensive piece of clothing in my wardrobe now lol ... $130NZ!! But it was a size 26 so I grabbed it (thinking even if its a little big I can fit clothes underneath as the winter comes here), then I saw a lovely skirt and they had it in a 24 so I grabbed that (no elastic in sight for any of these clothes), then I got 2 black shirts (a little fitting so I got 26s). When I got home I decided to try on my new outfit .. the skirt was a little loose tho .. so I thought well .. tomorrow I will go and get the next size down so that when I get too small for this one I will still have this style to wear (I really really like it and I usually dont like skirts lol).

Today I went back to Farmers, I saw another skirt I liked, and as the 24 was borderline on being too big I thought I would grab the 22 in this skirt style, they didnt have a 22 in the grey tho .. so I grabbed a 20 .. figuring it will give me a goal this winter lol ..

I got to work ready to open the shop then I wondered about the new black skirt I had bought and thought I would pop it on to see what it looked like with the rest of my outfit lol .. so into the little kitchen I went and popped it on .. it was pretty loose but I didnt think anything of it .. until I walked out to the counter and my skirt FELL DOWN!!! OMG .. thank goodness I hadnt opened the shop yet lol .. so I went and quickly put on the one I had on originally and dashed back to Farmer to exchange the skirt .. I bought a size 18!!!!

Oh and a final high note ... when I got back to the shop I thought I would try on the the smaller grey one (20) .. and it fits!! I wore it the rest of the day .

So while my top half hasnt moved much (28/30 down to 24/6) the bottom half has gone from 28 to 18/22 depending on the style!! Finally I see a difference for the pounds gone!!
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:40 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Well DONE KATT!!!!! Can't wait to see your shop pics! I LOVE incese & knick knacks.
Ok, my NSVs,
1 I saw a lovely woman I know from my old slimming club (since packing it in I've lost almost 4 stone=56lbs!!!) she was hugging me & telling me how good I looked! It felt fantastic.
2 My size 16 jeans -A VERY BIG 16- lol are FALLING DOWN!! I can take them off unfastened!!!
3 I walked about 5-6 miles yesterday!! Only sore bit was my feet, they've shrunk & they slid around in my hiking boots, causing a few blisters.
xxxsharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

(4/9/07 oringinal post)
"OMG!!! HELP!!! I just opened the fridge and there is some sort of cream pie and brownies!!! I was asleep when my son got home from his girlfriends house...he must have brought home her mom's leftovers!"

I DIDN'T EAT THE PIE OR BROWNIES!!!
MamaBplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote