Old 03-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #1  
Just Do It!

Default Confused!! Excercising and Junk Food!

Y'all, has anyone else been in a situation where they are excercising alot every day but eating all the naughty foods you want? I was OP for two months and I can't seem to get myself back into the healthy food routine!! Its been 1.5 weeks!!
chimichanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimichanga View Post
Y'all, has anyone else been in a situation where they are excercising alot every day but eating all the naughty foods you want? I was OP for two months and I can't seem to get myself back into the healthy food routine!! Its been 1.5 weeks!!

BEWARE - that way lies disaster! I HAVE done that, but not lately. Years ago a friend and I used to hit the gym, and then Taco Bell or McDonalds or whatever on the way home! Never exercised so much or ate so badly in my life. Never lost an ounce. Problem was it was late after exercising and I didn't want to cook. If that is the problem for you I'd recommend making sure healthy food is close at hand if you are working out at home or and ready to eat when you get home if you are going out to exercise, or even take a healthy snack with you! Or don't take any money (or credit cards) with you so you can't stop for food.

This time my problem has been getting into the exercise habit, instead of the food habit.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:25 PM   #3  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

You can eat calories SO MUCH FASTER than you can burn them. I agree that it is really dangerous to link the two in your mind like that. Well - except that sometimes it works the opposite for me. I think about how much time on the elliptical eating something will "cost" and I decide it isn't worth it (not that I try to specifically exercise off what I eat, but more as a overall concept).

I find that while exercise really helps me overall, the thing that really works is keeping a calorie deficit through what I eat. If I exercise a lot but my eating isn't great, then I maintain but don't lose. However, I do find that by exercising it helps me stay more on track with my eating, plus I feel better, so it is a definite piece of the weigh loss equation.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:29 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 6

we must be going through the same exact thing.... and I thought I was the only one! I too for the last week have been doing my exercise and actually loving the way its making me feel. But I've also been eating a lot of JUNK. Like as I was eating a rice krispie bar today I was thinking how I shouldn't be eating it, but I did. I've also had a whole bunch of other naughty things... including mexican. and I ATE the chips. I've been on this site all night reading posts to motivate myself tomorrow. And tomorrow I will start again. I'm not going to let 2 months worth of work go to waste.... hang in there!
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I haven't really done a lot of junk food eating since I started on this journey. I guess a part of the reason is that I write down everything I eat (it helps keep me accountable) and I don't want to write down the junk.

For me, one of the biggest mental "clicks" this time around was that I can't cheat my body. I can eat all the crap I want, but it's not going to fool my body into losing weight or being healthier.

But, when I do eat junk, I try to get right back on track the next day. For me, I've found the less I eat that kind of food, the less I want it. I also try to eat and cook a lot of healthy foods I really do love.

So, don't give up on yourself!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:32 PM   #6  
Just Do It!

Guys, thanks so much for the advice and encouragement... where I am today's monday and its a new week and a new day. Last night I was voracious!!! I was so hungry- even after dinner and lots of extras. I couldnt even sleep but I know I had enough to satisfy my needs.

Cheers Gals I will take it all on board!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to be cheating with junk food.. I do pretty good all day it's just after work and after water aerobics that I can't seem to get it together.. I still eat large portion sizes and sneak in a soda or two a few times a week.. It's really hard to get away from that habit of loading up at night. I'm thinking maybe I need to get out of the house, go for a walk around the block or something. Or maybe pre-make dinner so all I have to do is heat it up and get it over with.
Vamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 269+/266.2/190

Height: 5ft 2inches

I struggle with portion control. As a person living alone who loves to cook and learned to cook for a family of 6 I tend to cook to much. I have started to freeze left overs when I serve my plate i portion out the left overs and freeze them so that it is not easy to go back for a little more and a little more. This is great to grab for lunch or for a fast meal later in the week. I also try to cook less of some things and use smaller plates or bowls.
Good Luck, we can do this!
Ayanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:44 AM   #9  
Just Do It!

Vamp- yeeeeeeah definately. Problem is scheduling a time to premake food and having all the ingredients there... Maybe its a make it or break it thought process to get you into the habit!

Ayanna - TOTALLY that would be great. I have a tiny freezer though, with almost no space left!! What should I do?!?!?