Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

MissBliss -- There was nothing inappropriate in your first message! Jill was giving you some great info and trying to make you realize you shouldn't worry about it -- it's normal!!! That's all. She wasn't trying to criticize. It's a question that comes up a lot, and we find that many people don't realize what she said about weight loss: that it isn't a "linear" process.

So, when you asked what people do to deal with a plateau and not lose motivation, one thing we do is remind ourselves that these kinds of stalls are normal! I know I have to be reminded of that frequently -- it's not an easy lesson, is it? As you said, it's a big deal when we're going through it ourselves! And we have all been there!!

Litchick -- WELCOME! I hope you post frequently too!

Last edited by Heather; 03-06-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:34 AM   #47  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBliss View Post
Sorry for my last post if it seemed inappropriate. I am new to this forum and I was searching for some guidance and support, "warm fuzzies" if you will, but I guess I was being selfish. My plateau is a huge thing in my life, but in comparison I guess it isn't. Thanks anyways, I am sorry I didn't take everyone else's struggles into account. Jane
I've been bopping in and out of here so much lately because of my hectic schedule, so I apologize that I did not realize you were very new to the forum In any case, using the same ideas and making them warmer, know that you are not alone in your struggles. Try to focus on the big picture: the rest of your life! 8 days is such a tiny amount of time in the grand scheme of things--it's certainly not worth getting worried or upset about, and DEFINITELY not worth giving up over. I would think that in knowing you haven't lost anything in 8 days, perhaps you are weighing yourself too frequently? Lots of annoying little buggers like water retention, hormones, muscles, and all other kinds of fun stuff that's NOT FAT that the scale likes to measure and use against us often get in the way of our monitoring our success long term. Many people find that it's easier to track success when you weigh yourself only once a week, every other week, or once a month. That way, you avoid more of the typical day-to-day fluctuations that really actually have little to do with the amount of fat in your body.

Your post was certainly not inappropriate by any means--we all have frustrations that vary in degree, particularly in relation to others. In all honesty, though, I really really REALLY hope you can see that 8 days is not a big deal. I know it seems like it right now, but we are all in this for the long haul, right?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

MissBliss, I don't think anyone took it the wrong way, everyone here is really supportive. Some pewople who post here were 'stuck' for several WEEKS without a loss, even though they exercised like demons too!!!! Try to look at the big picture & give it a few days, or fit some exercise in if you think it will help.xxxxx
Peggy/Torister what about you? Any news or exciting developments? You mentioned a lot of us but none of your news!!lolxxxxxx
Nancy, any luck with the flat hunting? Hope so.xxxxx
Ericka, hope your love gets the help she needs & everything heals well. Laughed at your exercise quotes about 'ride my butt' lol If I tried it you'd be one FLAT chick, lol.xxxxxx
Jilly it must be great to be appreciated. Enjoy your PAID long week-end & spending your gift voucher, you deserve it!xxxxxxxx
Patti GO TO THE DR'S!!!!!xxxxxxx
Well I'm still hungry, just about to make up an Oriental Chilli soup, it doesn't upset me any more!!!! Hooray!!!! I rang my counsellor today & I'm allowed to have a bar to replace one of my four shakes/soups I can't wait!!!!! My poor tummy is whining & growling like a beaten hound! It will be worth it when I drop a size (or 4, lol).
xxxsharon
Old 03-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #49  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheCheat View Post
LitChick - OMG Barbapapas!

That is all I have to say for now. Hopefully I can be back later, but it is a really busy day for me.

Clickety-click, Barba-trick!

I am trying to muster up the drive to go run errands and clean the house, so it should be a busy day for me, too.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:37 AM   #50  

Jill -- Congrats btw on the kudos at work. Being appreciated really does make a BIG difference!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #51  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Lil Chick, You'll love it here.

Miss Bliss, Ditto on what Peggy said! You just had a nsv!!!!!

Miss Bliss-Jane, Not to worry. You weren't being insensitive. You were just venting. Hang in there and the weight will go away. Have you taken measurements? That's always a way to see your progress. And write down the things you eat. Then you can still see your progress by healthy eating!!

Hi Nancy!

Patti, Glad to know our leg is feeling better.

Jill, Congrats on your bonuses and recognition. It feels great doesn't it. My old boss was that way. But, the company we worked for closed our office. Thus, my "new job" is almost thankless. I'm so proud of you for being such a hard worker.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, just a quick note because I couldn't let all your wonderful caring comments go without you knowing that I have been reading them. Thank you so much for your sympathies, condolonces and prayers, you are all such wonderful friends I will write more soon, until then take care and thanks so much again,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 03-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBliss View Post
Sorry for my last post if it seemed inappropriate. I am new to this forum and I was searching for some guidance and support, "warm fuzzies" if you will, but I guess I was being selfish. My plateau is a huge thing in my life, but in comparison I guess it isn't. Thanks anyways, I am sorry I didn't take everyone else's struggles into account. Jane
There was nothing inappropriate about your post. You are struggling and you reached out for help. Thats what we are here for!!
Old 03-06-2007, 12:25 PM   #54  

Smile

Hello all!

Must be quick - spending way too much time on line today!

Ammi! Thank you for even posting dear! We love you!

Jane - Now don't be upset! Trust me, venting is the BEST thing to do and I can attest that these lovely ladies have the patience of saints for those of us who whine about not losing! I spend ages battling the same 5 - 10 lbs and didn't think I was EVER going to get to where I am. That nasty plateau lasted months! But you can do it! You just have to keep plugging along. It is abundantly normal to plateau, if that is even what this is. It could be water retention or a thousand other things. First: You may want to drop down to weighing once a week. Or at least only making it "official" once a week. Second: You need to keep in mind that on the way up the scale I'm sure you plateaued too! Third: You say this is where you usually give up. What has that gotten you in the past? You know. So that should be ample reason NOT to give up this time. You don't fail until you quit trying! YOU CAN DO IT!

Jilly - GREAT that your job rewards you! You obviously work in the private sector!

To everyone! I can't possibly catch up! There are too many of you! But I you all!

Just the same, I have to say I think Crocs are the ugliest shoes ever made! The flip-flops are okay, and they now make some retro pumps that are kinda cute, but the regular crocks - ick! I've never owned a pair because they are so ugly! I might get some for gardening though...you could wash them easy I suppose.

Catherine, I have size 12 feet myself - with monkey toes! Mine aren't too narrow, but it's such a pain trying to find cute shoes. I'm entirely too cheap to buy expensive ones. Payless is the place for me!

Must run....Later ladies!
Old 03-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Emily: So sorry that you are feeling upset. I really feel that you are retaining water doll. Just hang in there.

Sharon: You are soooooo Cute! I think you are amazing being able to forgo food. Good luck honey!

Jilly: I hope your Friday off allows you to get all your chores done so Saturday and Sunday are restful, peaceful days off. Congrats on all the wonderful bonus stuff goig on at work. You are such a hard worker, it gives hope to see someone somewhere is getting recognized for their efforts! Great job.

Patti: (Stern here because I care about you) You need to go to the Dr. and not wait until it flares up again. Why be in pain if the Dr. can help you avoid it sweetie? I really hope you make an appointment! Hugs.

Jane: No stress. This is the place to come and vent. We all care. I was a diet angel exercising and totally not cheating on my diet and gained weight (2 pounds and under) each week. So, I gained like 5 pounds in 3 weeks. On week four I was devastated but continued to do my diet and exercise. Come weigh in day I was down all the 8 I had gained plus 5 more. Our bodies are very wonderfully made but hard to understand. Hang in there. Hugs to you.

Litchick: Welcome. Glad to meet you and looking forward to getting to know you on this journey.

Sandy: Good luck at the Dr. I am joining Torrister in giving you lots of hugs and support!

Torrister: Hi girl whats up with you? Hugs.

Nancy: how is the apartment hunting going? Hope you are doing wonderfully.

Ammi: Hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs. Praying for you sweetheart!

Okay girls, I am off back to bed. I am in major pain since yesterday evening. I had my braces readjusted yesterday 4th time since having them and this is the 1st time I have been in pain. I was told that every time I have them adjusted will be painful but luckily this is the only time so far but it is a doozy. lol This too shall pass. Staying op by choice and pain lol.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 03-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Lilion: Hi honey. Glad to see you post. Hope your day is a wonderful day! Hugs and ugly shoes are the most comfy. lol
Old 03-06-2007, 12:33 PM   #57  

Ammi -- good to see you, even if briefly. Take care of yourself!!!

ugh. Have I mentioned here yet how sore I am????? Yoga last night twisted me into a pretzel and BOY do I feel it today... I wonder how that will affect my weight training later today?? I think I have become about this exercise thing...
Old 03-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #58  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilion View Post
Jilly - GREAT that your job rewards you! You obviously work in the private sector!
ha, funny you should mention that--I actually work for a government contractor! So yes, I am a private sector employee, but we get our business from the government, and most of our employees work in government facilities. We basically hire retired or experienced (not yet retired) government employees to go back and work with the government as a contractor. And we pay them better and give them bonuses, too But I've also worked for plenty of thankless private businesses as well, so it's always a gamble, and I am glad I seem to have hit the jackpot!
Old 03-06-2007, 01:23 PM   #59  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hi everyone....

I am just popping in. I am on my way out the door to work once again. I shifted to working evenings starting last night so I have to work job#2 before Job#1 today.

Tomorrow I have to go for a CAT scan. Kinda nervous as I don't know really anything about it and I'm sure they arent going to find anything, but thinking "what if they do?" Anyway, I am just trying to keep busy and keep my mind on my eating and staying de-stressed

I think some of my TOM weight is starting to come off. Thank goodness since I really need a decent weigh in this week. Last week I was up due to TOM but this week I am already showing lower and my rings are still tight.

Annie- Thanks for the info It must be awful!

Sharon~ I can picture you thinking of everyone as foods. I've been there

To all those re. Crocs... I love em too... hard to get through the summer without them! Mine actually wore a hole right through the bottom so I am waiting on getting another pair till maybe some new styles come out for spring.

Hate to say it, but I gotta roll. Have a GREAT OP DAY~!

Brenda
Old 03-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #60  

Ammi good to see ,take care of your self.!Annie, voodoo soon i will go i promise lol!
Closed Thread