Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 06:48 AM   #31  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

I want more information on this liquid diet thing. Sounds kinda interesting.

Catherine -- Amanda has PF too and for Christmas my mother got her these Nike 6.0 shoes and she is in love with them. She said she has never had any shoe that supported her feet like this. And she has the special inserts but doesn't need them with these shoes. Just thought that I would throw that out there to you!

Croc People: I would have to agree with everything that has been said about the knock-offs. My neice has feet problems too and she is only 7. But she won't wear the fake ones because her feet hurt when she gets home from school for the day. I've never tried them, but anyone that I know that has won't wear them. My feet never hurt from them and I wear them all the time!!

As far as Amanda's surgery, they should be calling us back tomorrow to let us know if we made the cut for the finicial assitance. Keep your fingers crossed PLEASE!!

As for me: I'm working on getting my minutes done. I am going to get this 200 if it kills me!( just joking here girls!) But I need this habit and I guess with everthing else going on that I was pushing myself to hard and I kept giving up. I've gotta buy a new scale but I do know that by the dr's office weighing me from one month to the next I lost two pounds. I guess that's good.

Other than that just got a huge bag of for EVERYONE!!!!

ETA: Thank you for the update on Ammi. I know that this has to be rough for her. AMMI -- A and I are praying for you! If you need me, let me know!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:18 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

I don't have time to reply to posts BUT I'm glad Annie told you all about Ammi, apparently her friends & the grounds owner KNEW where Ammi's number was, (RIGHT BY THE PHONE!!)her mum made a point of telling them 'just in case'. I was appallled by their lack of humanity & decency. It makes you wonder who are really friends.
I'm still really hungry, LISA, you are so lucky not to have to cook & prepare food for others!!! I've had to do bacon rolls, a big cooked breakfast, steak, fries, grilled tomatoes & mushrooms AND pasta carbonara with garlic bread!! I kept wanting to snatch my poor little boys' dinners away from them. I feel like a cartoon character, imagining everyone as roast chicken or bacon, lol.
xxxxxxsharon
Old 03-06-2007, 08:19 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Emily -- hun, if you're retaining water, isn't that why the scale is up??? I don't think you put on 2 pounds of fat!!!! Remember the scale is NOT your friend, but a fiend!! Don't fret and try it again in a couple days!!

Sharon -- I think that having to have food around you couldn't eat would be really tough! Remember why you're doing this and stay strong!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #34  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, all!

I am so tired. I worked about 120 hours over the past 2 weeks. All I wanted to do this past weekend was relax, but on Sturday, we had a day trip to Atlantic City through one of Jeff's vendors through work, so we had to leave our apartment at about 7:30am and did not get home until after 1am--no rest that day! We slept in till about 9 on Sunday morning, then had to get up, run some errands, wrap his cousins' birthday gifts, and then go to his cousins' borthday party in MD (just over an hour away from our home)--got home around 7:30pm, so another whole day spent out.

Last night, we went grocery shopping for the first time in about a month (about $160 ), and now I am just so darn TIRED. I just need a day to just collapse--hopefully, this weekend will be time to relax. We don't have any plans yet, and I certainly don't feel like making any!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi--I'm trying my best to stay awake here at work all day
Old 03-06-2007, 08:37 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi Jilly -- I wondered if your work sucked you in and wouldn't spit you out! Good to see you!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:47 AM   #36  

Annie thanks for the update on Ammie. Ammie you are so much in my thoughts and prayers. Remember we are all here for you
Old 03-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #37  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Annie, thanks for the . I'm really needing them. Love your new pic. You look so young! Way to go on getting all that stuff organized. I hate to do that kind of stuff. As anyone can tell by the looks of my closet and desk.

Torister, Great job staying op for 4 weeks! That's awesome!! I hope your bike comes in soon.

Karen, I am proud of myself for getting my big butt on the gazelle. If the exercise is working to help me feel better, I'd certainly hate to see how I'd feel if I wasn't.
Sorry you're cramping so bad, I hope you meds continue to work for you.

Lisa, I think you're very brave doing the liquid diet. I wish you only the best. It's cool moving stuff out of your house works for you. Me, I'd probably just go buy more. With the commitment you have, I'm sure you'll be a great success.

Patti, Make that dr appointment yet?? Either way, I hope your knee/leg is feeling better.

Jill, Glad to see you. I hope you get the rest you need soon!

Sharon, Hang in there, Sweetie. See, I told you you were very brave. BUT I know you can do this. Think of how much stronger you get everyday and how much closer you are to your goal everyday. The temptation may be there, but you're stonger than it is.

Em, honey, your gain is probably water if you're hands are swollen. Have you had a salty stuff lately or not get in all your fluids? That can do it too.

I'm going back to the dr this afternoon. Everyone, have a good day. I'm gonna go make my morning protein shake with a frozen banana added. Yum.
Til later,

Old 03-06-2007, 10:13 AM   #38  

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!!!!
I am at work, so I have to be quick, but I wanted to ask, plead, beg for support today. I lost al ot of weigh fast, and now my body is adjusting and I am on the biggest plateau. The scale hasn't moved in 8 days and I am so frustrated! This is the time in my usual diet cycle that I give up and run for the M&M's, or cinammon rolls , or mint choc. chip ice cream or the....(opps, I lost my head...LOL! ) So please, how do you get past a plateau without losing hope and motivation? Thanks all for "listening"!!! Jane
Old 03-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #39  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Well, my boss told me to take this coming Friday off (without using any of my vacation time--sort of an unofficial comp time deal), so at least I'll have an extended weekend. Of course, my apartment is an absolute disaster, so I'll have to spend a lot of time cleaning, but at least I'll be at home, boppin' around my apartment to music while cleaning, rather than sitting in my office tied to my desk.

Oh, and all my hard work paid off over the past few weeks. At our weekly Monday meeting yesterday morning, I was awarded a certificate of achievement (which comes with a bonus included in my next paycheck), plus the VP I was doing work for in the other division gave me a $100 American Express gift card. I cannot even put into words how amazing it feels to truly be appreciated and recognized for my hard work--this is the first job where I've ever felt truly valued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBliss View Post
...I am on the biggest plateau. The scale hasn't moved in 8 days and I am so frustrated!
Honey, be strong--that's just normal weight loss, not a plateau (cue Heather's "weight loss is not linear" helpful information here ). If you want to talk plateau, talk to some of the ladies who can attest to not having lost any weight at all for MONTHS on end (some even a year or more), despite continuing their healthy eating and exercise habits (happened to me last year--I went about 4 months without losing any weight even though I was only eating about 1200 calories a day--and it wasn't 1200 calories of junk, either).

8 days is nothin'...you MUST be strong and stick it out. If you can't hang on for just 8 little days (or even 8 whole weeks), how can you expect to hang on for the rest of your life? You really need to wrap your brain around the fact that this is a FOREVER change for a healthier life, not just a temporary solution to lose some weight, then return to the unhealthy habits that made you overweight in the first place.

I'm not trying to be mean or too harsh--just firm and realistic. And I actually need to hear it myself, too--I need to get back on track in a bad way!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #40  

Sandy my leg is doing ok for today and i still intend to see dr. about it but not this week i want to wait til it gets worse like it was this weekend before i go,
Old 03-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #41  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello!

This is my first post in the 300+ forum, but I have a feeling it is far from my last! Today marks the second day in what will be a long journey for both myself and my DH, as we're both determined to lose weight and get healthy. On my doctor's advice, we're eating according to the South Beach Diet - anyone else here doing that? We've of course tried to lose weight before, but I compare us to two alcoholics living together - we enable one another! However, my doctor recently ran some bloodwork and apparently I'm prediabetic, which scares the you-know-what out of me - hopefully enough that I can stick with this plan and finally lose this weight and discover the healthy, fit person I know is hiding in here!

It seems like you are all a great support system for one another - I'm glad to have found you!

For Ammi, I don't know her obviously, but she is in my prayers. Having lost my own mother, I well remember how difficult it was (and in some ways, still is) to deal with that grief, and it sounds as though Ammi's situation is even more emotionally difficult.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #42  

Height: 5'6"

Ammi - I am continuing to keep you close in my thoughts. I know it is a rough time for you.

Shadie - The fake Crocs are terrible! The real ones almost have a rubbery feel to them. VERY comfy. I love them. I am going to get another pair in another color (mine are lime green! <g>). I got mine at Dick's Sporting Goods, but they do have a website. Just google Crocs...you'll get it.

Lisa - I would have to clean out all food out of my house too in order to do an all liquid plan. Of course DH would follow the food and that would just not work LOL! Best of luck on your plan.

Annie - Thanks for that suggestion. That makes such sense! I will have to check that out.

Michelle - Way ta go!! 1 day OP at a time. That is how I am doing it!!

Em - You definitely sound like you are retaining water. When this happens I UP my dreaded water. You are doing everything right. Hang in there and the scales will suddenly drop. Are you measuring? I am glad I decided to take beginning measurements. So when the scales decide not to reward my healthy living, I will know that *something* is shrinking.

Sharon - I hope the hunger stops SOON. I couldn't cook for others if I couldn't eat what I was making. You have more willpower than me! Keep going!!

Jilly - I am exhausted just reading your post!! I hope you find time for YOU and SOON. All work and no play and all that....

Sandie - Here ya go.... We all need a hug every now and again. Good luck at the Docs.

Miss Bliss - You have it *wrong*. This is the time that you come here and VENT instead of succombing to the chocolate, etc.

Oh well....back to work I go!! have a wonderful OP day everyone!!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #43  

hello lit chik welcome i look forward to staying on my jouyrney with you!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #44  

Sorry for my last post if it seemed inappropriate. I am new to this forum and I was searching for some guidance and support, "warm fuzzies" if you will, but I guess I was being selfish. My plateau is a huge thing in my life, but in comparison I guess it isn't. Thanks anyways, I am sorry I didn't take everyone else's struggles into account. Jane
Old 03-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #45  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

LitChick - OMG Barbapapas!

That is all I have to say for now. Hopefully I can be back later, but it is a really busy day for me.
Closed Thread