Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sharon: Glad to see you haven't fainted away. Also Huge congrats on -8!!! That is amazing. You are really doing well my friend.

Karen: Huge Congrats on -6 Way to go.

Lilion: Hi there. Missing ya!

Kymberly: You are a sneaky little thing. Sneaking off to over 100 pounds lost. Well, Here is for you

Julie: I do Weight Watchers and I weigh in on Saturdays. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Michelle: So sorry you are allergic to your BP meds. I was allergic to the first one they put me on too. It made me cough constantly like I had something in my throat. Hope they find the right one for you and you don't have to be on it for too long. Sorry you are not feeling good.

Nancy: Good luck finding just the right home. Take your time honey. It will happen.

LeeAnn: Everyone is so sweet here. I'm sure you will love it.

Sandy: how is the visit going with your DD? I hope you are enjoying yourself sooooo much.

Emily: You rock! I am so proud of all the gym going you are doing!

Catherine: So sorry your tootsies are hurting you. I know that Plantars is horrid and so painful. I want to give you a for the fear you are haiving about going back to the wheel chair. Maybe you can sit down on your bed and do some exercises without putting weight on your feet just for a while like when you first started. Hugs sweetie.

Well, I'm op and doing great. I am a bit sore on the tummy today from all the situps but, I hear no pain, no gain and I hope that is very literal on Saturday when I weigh in. lol.

blessings all,
annie
Old 03-08-2007, 05:37 PM   #137  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

*slinks back in*
so, uh, hows everyone doing?

im ok. i have been SUPER busy with work and life and everything. i am so sorry i havent been around. things have been AMAZING tho. i cancelled the gym membership and i bought, and assembled and have USED my gazelle! i know you are all so proud.

i havent weighed in in a week or so, i will prob do that tomorrow. I do plan on going out drinking tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

i have a new "friend". hes in my film class and hes ADORABLE and i totally have a crush on him. we hang out almost every day. his name is bart and you can see him http://www.commababyprods.com/bart/D.../pages/41.html
there. (as well as our pics from Disneyland). we have so much fun together. *sigh*

ok enough about that. i definately havent been focused on my eating. i have been terrible with it actually. i dont know what i need to do to be motivated to count my points. my food choices havent been that bad, but the intake could use a little work.

now i have 10 pages to go back and read over and catch up on everyones lives...
Old 03-08-2007, 08:40 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 347/332/150

Height: 5ft 7in

soo now im sad...i went and bought a new scale today cause my old one was wasn't consistant, like i could step on it 5 times in a row and they would all be different....and so i bought a new one and stepped on it today and found out i weigh more than the other one was telling me (even though it wasn't consistent it was always within 5 lbs, ya know?) anyway, im off to change my ticker now and come up with a firmer game plan.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:12 PM   #139  

Height: 5'6"

LeeAnn - I feel your pain. I got a new scale as well and it weighs 10lbs heavier. Its just a number. I adjusted my starting weight and am going ahead just as if I weighed 10 lbs lighter. This is just a speed bump. Hang in there!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #140  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi All! Today is the big day for me . . . all liquids from here on out.

I started this morning with Hot Cocoa. They showed us how to mix the drinks. You put it in a plastic glass they give you, mix it with water, and then put the top on it and shake it up because it is powder. I very diligently followed the instructions. However, I did not realize that when you put boiling water in a cup with a lid on it and then shake it, bad things happen. Yes, that's right! It exploded all over me and my kitchen. Welcome to the Methodist Diet! :-) Oh well, after cleaning up, I fixed another one and stirred rather than shook. It was actually pretty good.

At work, I had a Vanilla shake and a Strawberry shake. These were not as good. They are very sweet but with a slight salty flavor going down and it is actually pretty hard to get down after a couple of sips. I was pretty bummed! Then tonight, I had one of their chicken soup selections and it was REALLY good. Relief! On my way home from work I was thinking that while I could probably deal with being hungry, it was gonna be a stretch to handle those two shakes. I'm gonna try a few more flavors that I have and see what I like and then I'm gonna see if I can make an exchange at the weight management center. Even if I can't, I only have to endure one week of these bad flavors because next Thursday is my weigh in and I pick up all new supplies.

I am reasonably sure that I am about to die from water intoxication. OMG! I have never drank so much water in my life. I feel like I'm gonna float away. Anyway, I'm determined to make this work. I have a lot of support at work and with family and friends, so I just need to stay focused and remember my goal.

Hope everyone is doing well! Sharon - Don't know if I already congratulated you but 8 pounds is FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

Talk to you guys later and thanks to everyone for all the encouragement.

Lisa
Old 03-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 360/360/200

Height: 5'4

Talking

Hi Everyone
I am completely new to this...i am just starting to diet again...i figured that i have never had alot of support dieting so i am hoping this will keep me on track (being able to chat with others who understand) I am 28 and have 3 young children so I what to make an example for them. I am watching portion and calories and drinking tons of H2O...I am always looking for some extra infor to get me thru this...Hope to talk to you all soon....
Old 03-08-2007, 10:05 PM   #142  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Sherlyn!

I've been here for a little over 2 weeks and have really enjoyed it. Everyone here is extremely supportive and would love to have you join in. Sounds like you have the right attitude and H2O is the best attack. Hang in there!

Lisa
Old 03-08-2007, 10:15 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME Sherlyn!

We love having new members and have had a bunch of new people join lately. It can be hard to keep up with these threads, but just do the best you can and chime in whenever you like!!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:57 PM   #144  

Hey everyone-

Well they told me to ween off the blood pressure medicine. I was on a really low dose anyway so it really shouldn't bother me. Also they told me since I had a lot of weight to lose to tell my primary doctor to just wait and see if it helps with diet and exercise. But they will decide if they want to put me on another one. So its all confusing and I will be happy to get this stuff out of my system!

SANDY-Thanks so much for posting that link. I am for sure thinking about buying it. I really think it will help me in general.

LEEANN- Glad to see you joined us!

EMILY-WTG on the exercise! You are on a roll!

CATHERINE-Good to see you post.

ANNIE-Thanks hun I am sure I will get well soon. I will e-mail you back soon.

LUAN-Great to see you post! I was wondering where you went off to! Great pics...looks like you guys had fun!

SHERLYN-

Alright well I am off to go watch some T.V. I hope all of you are doing well. Have a good day tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:21 AM   #145  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Morning everyone
Just checking in before I go for my weigh in. Darn scale is up this morning! I havent been eating enough the past 2 days. BUSY! and I think that is what it is. Anyway, we will see how things go but I'll remain optimistic. I LEARNED something.... if I don't eat my body reacts. Guess that is all part of the journey...

Wish me luck
Brenda
Old 03-09-2007, 07:35 AM   #146  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

GOOD MORNING CHICKIES!!

I must tell you all that I had to really fight the urge to get on the scale this morning. I wanted to be sure that I actually had a 6 lb loss and I wasn't just imagining it! So, I did 15 minutes of Denise Austin instead. I wish someone would make an exercise video or DVD where the trainer doesn't talk through the whole entire thing! I find that SOOOOOOOOOO annoying. YEAH, WE GET, YOU'RE HAPPY & PEPPY, NOW SHUT-UP!!! GEEZ!!

Welcome to all the new posters. Thanks Annie & Good Luck with your weigh-in today!

Michelle, I must have missed everything about your BP. I am curious as to why you are going off the meds? I actually took myself off of them after about 10 days. I just couldn't function normally while I was on them, even though the doc said there would not be any side effects and I would feel better instantly....needless to say, he was wrong on both counts. So I am monitoring it myself, here at home. Sine loosing the 6 lbs. the pressure has come down about 20 or so points.

Lisa, hope you didn't burn yourself? I've done that before with hot stuff...ouch! Sorry the shakes aren't to your liking, but good news about the soup! I'm sure it will take a bit to get the feel for all of the flavors on your plan. You sound positive, so keep up the good work!

HAVE A SUPER OP DAY EVERYONE!!!
Old 03-09-2007, 07:36 AM   #147  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

Good Luck Brenda!
Old 03-09-2007, 08:20 AM   #148  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody!

Wow it has been ages since I have been here! Just popping in this morning before work to say hi and hope everyone is doing well!

Blessings
Misti
Old 03-09-2007, 08:22 AM   #149  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Karen--I can't stand working out to Denise Austin, either. She's not only "happy and peppy" but, IMO, extremely fake. I much much MUCH prefer Leslie Sansone (or Billy Blanks when I need a real kick).
Old 03-09-2007, 08:34 AM   #150  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hi again...

Just having breakfast and heading to the store... wanted to let you know that I was down another 6lbs this week

Brenda
Closed Thread