Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #16  

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!

Starting my 3rd week OP! To make it more enjoyable (not!), I got my TOM today. I s'pose I am lucky to have lost weight this week with that! I felt miserable today, but am feeling better now. I have hidden the scale until next Monday's WI.

Gotta run for now....

take care!

Old 02-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Sandy - it must be something to do with the programme you use because when I copy and paste anything I do in WORD then go advanced and paste it, it just doesn't show up as anything apart from what is on offer in the drop down menu of the fonts here. Oh well thanks for letting me know how you do it.

How are things for you today, are you feeling any less stressed from the SD from ****? What about your older kids have they kissed and made up yet?

Take care,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #18  

Torister - on starting your 3rd week OP. It really does get easier as time goes on, especially when you start enjoying the rewards of losing the weight Sorry you were feeling a bit miserable, TOM will do that for you every time. Good on you for putting the scales away, now don't do a Patti and peek before your next WI Sorry Patti, couldn't help myself

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-26-2007, 06:37 PM   #19  

Ammi nobody on the show just really grabs me maybe its just me!
Old 02-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #20  

It's early days yet Patti, so I guess it's hard to know who we will really like, but I checked out the web site and so far my faves of the boys are; Chris Sligh (curly hair) Sundance Head (weird beird) Blake Lewis (beat box guy), and Brandon Rodgers (cute black guy) and for the girls Gina Glocksen (stripe of red in her hair) Jordin Sparks (17 year old) Melinda Dolittle (shy gal) and Lekisha Jones (big gal big voice) Hmm so I've narrowed it to 8 out of the remaining 20, that's not too bad lol.

I am off to sleep now, so enjoy your night and I'll talk to you all again tomorrow.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-26-2007, 07:52 PM   #21  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Well, I survived the weekend, and the funeral. I have sung at a lot of funerals, and I hope I never get used to seeing that small casket. It is so hard to maintain your composure, but you just have to for the family’s sake. I can’t imagine losing a 7 month old child to leukemia. There was an article this week in the news that they think leukemia and weird brain tumors that infant/toddlers get are related to a lack of folic acid pre-natal. They are now recommending that all women of child bearing age, not on regular birth control, basically take a pre-natal dose even if they aren’t planning to get pregnant, just in case. There was a nice dinner afterwards, with just about the same amount and assortment of food that one might find at a smorgasbord, but all I was able to eat was ½ cup of chicken soup. I’m the kind that can handle any crisis, but falls apart afterward. After lunch, I had an appointment with my MD. Short story is I’m off to see the Cardiologist next. My husband and I sat in the Second Cup (Canadian Starbucks) for a couple of hours after that. We just sat in the corner by the fire drinking hot apple cider and trying to put the day in perspective. Sometimes, you just need some quiet time.

Ammi-welcome to a post 9-11 world. There are guys here in jail on basically information from the tipline, for five years without benefit of a trial. The Canadian Supreme Court just this week decided that wasn’t right. So things could be worse. In the US, it is much worse, where they don’t even know how many they are holding without trial. I get to talk to the Governor General this May/June at my husband’s investiture, she’s an immigrant too, so we’ll have lots to talk about. Maybe I could get her to write a letter of recommendation for me to CSIS.

Nancy-I think I’d be afraid to look inside my MIL’s head. Mostly she wants to cause trouble just to have something to do. I can think of a lot of things to do with my time rather than scream or make people miserable. I just have to remind myself that healthy people don’t have the need to hurt other people, only hurting people do.

I wanted to thank everyone for your concerns and thoughts about me/us and immigration. Sometimes it just seems like things are so much harder than they need to be, and I get a little crushed by it. I’m going to try to be very gentle with myself this week, and just breathe.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:26 PM   #22  

Ammi i like those people too lol
Old 02-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #23  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone. Just a quick pop in to say "Hi" and let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Just staying pretty busy between work and school. Plus I am preparing to take the GMAT exam. After all that I rarely feel like spending much time on the computer at home. I am hanging in there though. Had a really bad gain last week (6.6 pounds ). That was after 2 weeks of being hopelessly off plan! I let the usual "I'm too busy" "I'm too tired" thoughts get to me. I am back on it though and not beating myself up which is good progress for me. I won't let a 2 week stumble make me get off track forever! I weigh in again Wed. and I hope to have a decent loss. Just got in from walking little Buster. We both need to lose weight and the weather's been nice so I am trying to take advantage of it while I can before the dreaded Texas summer gets here.

Annie - Try not to be discouraged with your weigh in. I know it must be hard to have done everything right and not be rewarded at the scale for it. But let's face it, those darned things lie sometimes!!! I am sure if you stick with it this week you will see results next week. I think I remember this happening to you a short while back. Maybe your body just works like that...holds onto it for a couple of weeks and then off it comes. Don't give up!

Kymberly - I feel you on the working too much thing. I put my foot down at work last March and started working less hours. But, to be honest, it has taken me almost a year for the guilty feelings of leaving at a decent time to leave me. There is something in me that says I have to do more and be more just to be as good as. I am learning that that is not true. But the fact remains that because of the cyclical nature of my job (accounting) there just are times I have to work a bit more. But I am not killing myself like I have in the past. I really hope you can find the balance you need to take care of yourself. I know just how hard that change can be to make.

Ammi - I have not gone to Rod Stewart yet. The concert is not until April. But my tickets did arrive in the mail the other day so I am very excited. I am hoping to have a bit of weight off by then to fit in the seats better. I went to another concert at this venue awhile back (Elton John) and I was uncomfortable the whole time because of my size. As for AI, I am watching. I agreed with both the girls who got the boot and one of the guys. I was kind of sad the first guy had to leave. I think it's because his face reminds me of one of my favorite students from back when I was teaching ESL. Anyway, I think so far we have the same favorites.

Well, I better wrap this up and get started on some homework. Which reminds me....I am still crushing terribly on my teacher. How juvenile!!!! But how fun!

Take care everyone!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:24 PM   #24  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Hi All! My stage name is LKBHouston, but you can call me Lisa. Nancy turned me onto your ongoing chat. Hope you don't mind if I join in. I'm pretty new and have posted a few threads and responses, but not many. I also heard from Sharon too. Like Sharon, I am about to embark on an all liquid diet through my hospital . . . really nervous. I'm removing every piece of food and spices from my house except for water and the prescribed liquid. I'll do anything at this point. I weigh 285 and need to lose about 120 lbs. Seems pretty overwhelming, but I'll just have to take it one step at a time. I wish all of you the best . . . your threads are fun and helpful. Thanks for letting me join in.

Lisa
Old 02-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 289/288/170

Hello, I am new here. I am having some problem with my knees and exercising. I am starting slowly with Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk each morning. I hope that by the end of the second week I can advance to the two mile walk. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:57 PM   #26  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Default Knees

Hi! Welcome! Don't try to do too much too fast. Work your way up. If you are already having knee problems, then you may worsen it if you try to go too fast. Just take your time and remember that you have to start somewhere.

Lisa
Old 02-27-2007, 12:53 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME New Faces!! You are certainly welcome here.

MsOneMoreTime, if you like, we'd love to have you join our March exercise thread -- a little accountability for your exercise. We set individual goals for minutes of exercise for the month and then track our own progress. We also have fun tracking the groups minutes and are chasing an ambitious goal of 200,000 minutes of exercise this year!! So, if you join, you help us out too.
Everyone is welcome!!!!

Lisa and Sharon -- I know I don't have the strength for a liquid diet. I wish both of you well. How long are you planning to do it??

Oh, I fell off the wagon tonight. Hubby is out of town for the week again, which I always find more difficult. And my poor puppy just would NOT do his business outside. I don't blame him, the ground is very wet wet snow and just sopping. But I was so frustrated because I knew that if he didn't go outside I'd either be up in the middle of the night or there'd be an accident.

So, I went to the grocery store to calm down. In the midst of my groceries was something I haven't bought in a year and a half: cookies. I have to laugh because even in my binge-state, I bought cookies with no preservatives or trans-fats! But I ate a dozen of them and there's still a lot of calories and fat.

Back on track tomorrow. I'm not upset. I just don't want it to happen again.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:35 AM   #28  

Ammi I Am Starting To See The Advantages Of Not Peeking At The Scales Lol!
Hello Lisa Andmsonemoretime Welcome To The Site It Sure Is A Good One.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:47 AM   #29  

Just popping in quick. Will get back later to do personals. I have not peeked at the scale this AM (had been weighing daily thus far) and with TOM, I am already grumpy. I figure why make myself more miserable.

Have a great day everyone. I will drop back in later!!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #30  

Hi All,

I am sooo tired. I started cleaning the house at 7.30, it took me 2 hours to get it all done, then I did my hour of exercise, had a shower, then prepared the vegetables for tonight’s tea, before making lunch. Now I am finally sitting in front of my PC at 2 pm and feel like I could sleep for a week. Maybe when I have caught up here I will have a sleep, just not for a week lol.

Catherine - I am glad you made it through the funeral OK. It sounds like you really needed that quiet time afterwards with hubby just drinking hot cider. Just reading about it makes me feel relaxed!!

The world definitely is a different place after 9/11 that’s for sure. Actually I was wondering if I should mention about the people high up that hubby knows being able to support your case. I didn’t know if that was allowed though, so am glad you mentioned possibly asking the Governor General to write a letter of recommendation for you. Your MIL makes me see red, and I really hope nothing comes from her stirring!

Xena - great to see you post. Your weight gain recently wasn’t that bad, I put that on in a week once I am sure you won’t take long to lose it again and I will keep my that you have a good WI on Wednesday.

Oh right, April is when you see Rod Stewart, well yes that does give you time to get a few lbs off ready for getting in those seats. I went to an ice skating show once and the seats were so small and with steel arms that after squeezing myself into them I was in pain from the get go. AND the next day I saw that my thighs were bruised!! I am definitely going back there when I am at goal so that I can enjoy sitting in the seats with no pain!

Paul’s song was definitely a wrong choice for him. When he sang with the group and at his auditions he sounded great. I think he did deserve to go based on that performance but not on his other ones.

OOOOH do tell what this teacher is like that you have a crush on?

Lisa - hello and I think you and Sharon alike are amazing even trying a liquid diet. I couldn’t even do the Slim Fast diet when it was 2 shakes a day and a meal at night. I need to be chewing my food not drinking it lol. I hope it will work for you and that you don’t find it too difficult

MsOneMoreTime - Hi and Could you go swimming for exercise? It’s the best form of exercise when you have any kind of problem like you do with your knees. Have you tried exercising sitting down? There are some DVDs available now that are designed for people unable to exercise standing up for whatever reason. They still get to lose the weight but without the pain of a normal work out?

Heather - I bet those cookies were just fantastic. I could do with a dozen right now myself Too soon since I got back on track though, so I will refrain. I am hungry though, I wonder what low fat snack be as yummy as cookies

Sorry that hubby is out of town, does he have to go often? I hope you won’t be too lonely, remember you can always come here for company. AND you could use the time to exercise too if you wanted lol.

Patti - glad you are finally seeing the advantages of not weighing more than once a week lol. I bet you will still do it though

That’s great that so far we like the same people, it’s going to be tough deciding who I want to win if those 8 are actually the last 8!!

Torister - good for you for keeping off the scales!

Sharon - I may very well be sleeping til tea time so if I am not on MSN you will know why. Email me if you feel up to it about the meeting later on though please.

Nancy, Brenda, Sue, Lilion, Valerie, Annie, Jill, Kymberly, Erica Leigh, Missy, Kayley, Lori, Sandy, Tasha, and all that are reading this that I haven’t mentioned, I hope you are all having a great day. Post soon

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread