Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #46  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilion View Post

I DID IT!
103 LBS GONE!

I owe it all to you wonderful, supportive women!!!!

WAY TO GO LILION!!!!!
We knew you could do it!!!!!!

Darlin' be very very proud.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:54 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations Lilion!
Old 03-01-2007, 08:23 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Terri -- When we brought Hamlet home a couple of years ago, I was shocked by Othello's dominance behaviors, as he is NOT a dominant dog. He also stopped playing for a few months. He still gets "jealous" of Hammie but they get along for the most part.

Lilion -- again!!!

I finally had a good eating day yesterday. And I exercised -- ONLY because I needed the minutes to finish my month. I guess this accountability thing works for me.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #49  

Hi ladies,

I'm starting March off on the right foot. No wait, that foot may be broken so how about the left foot? I did 45 minutes on the stationary bike this morning. I have a 9 am appt to see the foot doc so we'll see what she has to say.

I have to admit to a little stress eating last night. I had had a good food day. Journalled everything. Made sensible choices and portion sizes. Until the storms came through. At one point we were watching a tornado storm on the radar because it had the potential to come right at us ... or through us. But it went just a few miles south. Then another storm kicked up and also was headed at us until it turned a bit and went north just a few miles. We had people calling us to make sure we were watching the news and they all wanted to know where we'd go if the storms turned ugly at our place. Good question since we don't have a basement. I told my brother that I would have been thrilled for a "redneck storm shelter" last night. That is a school bus buried in the ground and all you see is the top and a way to get into it. Its a pic floating around the net and is hilarious - especially to us because it looks like something our dad would have done. Back to the stress eating - I had two pieces of dark chocolate when I should have had none. But it was purely an intentional act to comfort myself.

I better go get the directions to the doc and get dressed. Its much colder here today and the wind is blowing fiercely. March is coming in like a lion that is for sure.

to all and make it an intentionally GREAT OP day!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #50  

Terri, Sometimes a woman simply has to have chocolate. It is a biological necessity and anyone who says it isn't - isn't a woman - and their opinion is, therefore, meaningless!

We're under a tornado watch now. Too much to hope that my office would blow away. Darn state buildings with their solid construction!

Later ladies - got to go do my job!
Old 03-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Terri -- dark chocolate has those antioxidants and is good in small quantities! I know, I know, that's not the whole story,but I'm trying to spin it for you!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:31 PM   #52  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Thumbs up It's a very good day ...

CONGRATULATIONS ~ LILION ... what a great accomplishment!!! WOW ... 103 lbs!!!

Just had to pop in and say how happy I am for your success; it gives the rest of us so much hope that some day, we can accomplish the same thing!

Had two good OP days; did a lot of walking yesterday; a little less today, but OK. I'm just thankful that I can walk, but I have to be careful not to overdo it. Better keep a good eye on that foot Terri, cuz these injuries have a way of coming back to haunt you; take good care of yourself.

Made a large pot of homemade vegetable soup base to put in the freezer; that's the biggest thing I accomplished today. LOL! After having almost a whole week of sunshine, the cold weather and winds have come back this evening. We're gonna bundle up and go to bed early.

Take care everyone; and keep on keepin' on ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-01-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:46 AM   #53  

Hi ladies,

Hooray for Friday! And Hooray for sunshine! There is such a different feel in the air now. Even though it might be cold or like yesterday, a snow flurry, it doesn't feel anymore as if winter will never end. I'm ready to start those outside projects.

The foot doc had nothing to say. She couldn't see a fracture or break and could only surmise that I have inflammation in that joint where the bones come together. I have my dad's fallen arches so she thinks that is aggravating it. Sure hurts like when I stand or walk on it. So I'm wearing heavy duty arch supports and taking extra celebrex and go back in two weeks. Which is exactly the same thing the medical doc said four years ago and then I stepped on a board and broke the bone in the exact spot they said there wasn't a fracture.

Food was not good yesterday. So its my goal to make up for it today. DH made gumbo last night. Which part of WW Core is white rice? And garlic bread? Tonight we might be having dinner with his cousins and she's having stew. I'm tellin ya when I have bread at night I feel all bloated in the morning. I just have to keep away from the bread and starchy carbs anymore.

Time to get out of here for work. to all!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #54  

Good Morning Ladies!

Got to be quick today - way too much to do.

Thank you for all the nice words and congratulations! I was really starting to think I was NEVER going to lose any more weight. You have no idea how good - well, yes...I bet you guys DO have an idea how good it feels! That's why I love it here!

Terri - I hope the foot gets better. I'm surprised the doctor isn't taking it seriously as a break, given your history with a break in the same place. AHHH, white bread. The reason I don't do core. Actually, that's untrue...pasta is the reason I don't do core. Or maybe it's that "eating until satisfied" would lead me to eating four chicken breasts at a setting.

Rosebud on the 2 OP days with exercise! Many more to come!

Got to run all! Take care!
Old 03-03-2007, 03:01 PM   #55  
Patti

S/C/G: 342/299/135

good afternoon - I have been having trouble posting on the site. Not sure why, it's always worked before.

I have been feeling discouraged, like I'll never be successful. I don't want to exercise, or eat right. I am trying, but trying is getting me no where. I need to DO!!!

I'm trying to keep busy today - cleaning out drawers, and tossing old junk. I'm just in a funk I guess.

Talk to you later- if I can log in again!
Old 03-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 400/332/200

Height: 5'9"

Patti aka rileydog14 Oh how i can relate to you. I do so well for most of the day and it is night time that gets me....I don't like exercising either BUT I made myself get out and do 43 minutes today. I am going to attempt this perhaps tomorrow but for sure on Monday. All I know is it is baby steps at a time. I was walking here just a short while back and slacked off for 2 weeks, I had no good reason either. So my advice to you is if you have to start over oh well, just be kind to yourself and no food rewards. Just remember baby steps.... Maybe you have a good healthy lunch and dinner and messed up breakfast, it doesn't matter..... you worked on improving yourself...... I am babbling now but most of all I wanted you to know you aren't alone.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 400/332/200

Height: 5'9"

Oh and Lillian congrats on the weight loss, I hope to be there some day.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:48 PM   #58  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Default I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy ...

Hi Everyone: Just checkin' in; had some spare time today, and have been peekin' and postin' around the board today, just for fun. I really enjoy the topics that come up and talking to so many people who have the same issues as me. I learn from the struggles and the successes. The struggles help me remember that we all share them. The successes renew my hope; and gives a boost to my main motivation, which is good health.

PATTI, so sorry you are in a funk today; I think this happens to us all. We have good days and not-so-good days, and sometimes, it seems like it is taking so long for the weight to come off. In the beginning, I literally battled with posting my weight because I was so embarrassed and ashamed of how high it was; it still brings me to tears sometimes. I thought, OMG, how am I ever going to get all this weight off? With all my physical problems, it will take me forever ... and did I mention pain? Oh, the pain some days ...

But, I remembered an old adage that I had read many years ago that said ~ IF YOU DON'T DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO TODAY, WHERE WILL YOU BE TOMORROW? ... in the same old rut, that's where. So, right then, I decided that I would take this ONE-DAY-AT-A-TIME, one-step-at-a-time. Sometimes we may think that no-one knows or cares how we feel, but I've learned since coming here that there are thousands upon thousands of people that know exactly how I feel.

I look at others and pine to be where they are now, but I know in my head that I have to be patient and pray that this time, will be for the rest of my life. That's my intention and plan. I am gathering momentum and wonderful ideas from all of you ladies, and I thank you for that. Oh, the mottos and mantras that I have found here are amazing ...

JUST PUT ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER; SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE; WRAP YOUR HEAD AROUND THE IDEA THAT THIS IS FOR LIFE; EAT FOR THE BODY YOU WANT, NOT THE ONE YOU HAVE; IN BETWEEN GOALS IS A THING CALLED LIFE ... ENJOY IT; and I SAW AN ANGEL IN THE MARBLE AND CHISELED UNTIL I SET IT FREE!

And, I could go on and on ... but I won't for your sakes! But, I just wanted to tell you all how much you inspire me to keep going; and I hope that I may do the same for you all too! Thanx again ~ your fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #59  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Default I made it through the first day

First I want to congratulate Lilion on here tremendous achievment! I also hope to be there someday. I had a pretty good day again today. Kept my food intake under control and walked a couple of local flea markets, so I got in some exercise. The weather in Jersey was gorgeous today, sunny 50's.

To Patti, I can totally relate to what you're feeling. I've been having too many of those days lately. I haven't been here long enough to give you any advice, so I'll refrain. Just know you are not alone! This is a super place to come and vent.

I have to go and grab my dinner before it gets too late. Thanks for being there everyone!

Karen
Old 03-03-2007, 10:43 PM   #60  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Good evening ladies! One of the long lost here.

Welcome to any newbies that i've missed in the last few weeks.

Nothing much going on, just busy, busy. I'm still eating on my plan albeit with a bit more food than before. I've lost a couple of pounds in the weeks that I haven't posted, so not TO far off track but really need to get going again.

I just seem to be overwhelmed all the time lately either by money worries since I had to cut my schedule because of school or with the school work itself or the competition that I was in. That's finally ended. We placed second out of 12 teams. We were very proud considering the winning team had won the last 3 years, had been studying as a team all year and we only had 5 months. They just mopped the floor with everyone else and we were able to hold our own. On top of that, i've had to start looking for an internship. I'm getting ready for a job fair on the 7th. And if that wasn't enough, i'm also volunteering at a couple of environmental organizations. One through the school, the Environmental Resource Center and one through the city called Our City Forest, which as it sounds, plants trees. I like the feeling that i'm doing something to help.

Lilion, I did see the 103, way to go!

To much going on to get caught up right no, but I hope everyone is well. I've been reading about the damage down south. Just awful, my prayers are with anyone out there that has to deal either personally or with family and friends.
Closed Thread