Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Terri -- glad to here the dogs are settling in. We have 2 pugs, one is almost 7 (Othello) and the other almost 2 (Hamlet). Othello was dumbstruck when we brought the puppy home. The "thing" kept invading more and more of his places! It was months before he would play with his toys!! He still seems "jealous" to this day of attention Hammie gets, but he has adjusted and the dogs get along fine for the most part. We do have to be careful when we feed them, though, because Othello will NOT let another dog take food he thinks is his.

Luckily for us, pugs are bred for snuggl-ability and such and are not by nature violent. Still, Othello sounds simply vicious when he's protecting his kibble!
Old 02-24-2007, 06:53 PM   #32  
Patti

S/C/G: 342/299/135

Hi - quick log on -- thanks for all the congrats!

We are expecting snow tomorrow - so we got busy today and went shopping. I bought a bunch of items to make and freeze for later in the week. Easier to just thaw something quickly. I'm planning to succeed this week by having the proper foods ready to go.

Talk to you all again soon!

Patti
Old 02-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #33  

The March exercise thread is open -- set your goals!!!

For those of you who aren't familiar with our exercise thread... we set goals for number of minutes to exercise for the month, then we report our minutes over the month. Provides some great accountability -- at least for me.

What's more fun, is that we keep track of the minutes we exercise as a GROUP. Last year we exercised nearly 200,000 minutes! That's a LOT of exercise!!! I hope to pass that goal this year, but to do so, we need LOTS of participation!!!!!

So, please, if you've never joined us, consider it. You don't need to set a big goal. In fact, you may be better off starting small and building! But you can help us reach our goal!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Just a quick note this morning. Sorry for being MIA all weekend. I had a really good weekend with my sister. We haven't done that in a long time.

Food wasn't great and no exercise.

Last night we had to go to a family visitation/rosary for the mother of my old boss. Her mom passed away last week due to a colon infection that she picked up either in the hospital or rehab following successful hip replacement. Very sad for the husband. They had been married 58 years. Actually, last Thursday and Friday, three people at work lost their mothers.

Bear goes back to the doc today to see what his lungs look like now a week later. He's coughing again and has yakked up a bit of blood. The other little dog is doing okay. She'd be a lot better if Bear would quit trying to bully her.

Got to go. I'm running late for work. Have a great OP day!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:54 AM   #35  

Hi gals,

Quiet bunch. Hope everyone is doing okay and busy with exercise and healthy habits.

Yesterday, I drug out my journal to get started again. Thanks, Heather, for posting that article on Why Diets Fail. That helped me to get back in the right mindset.

I've done my morning exercise the last two mornings. Food yesterday was very good. I have my lunch which is leftover stir-fry veggies and baked chicken. Evening exercise seems to have eluded me this month. I will only hit about 80% of my exercise goal this month. I had too many funk days and if I'd only done a few more evenings, meeting my goal would not have been a problem. I'm looking forward to making March a better month.

I'm off to work. to all and have a great OP day!
Old 02-27-2007, 10:21 AM   #36  

Morning all.

Terri -- Glad to see you getting back on track. It's a slog sometimes, isn't it??

How is Bear -- and the pup??

I posted this on the other thread, but why not fess up here too. Last night I went to the grocery store and deliberately bought cookies I knew I would binge on! Lots of frustrations led to that point, but I think it's the first time I've been so conscious about a binge in a long while. Well, no, it's the first time I've done that at the grocery store. So, I ate 12 of the little beasties. They were good, too.

What cracks me up is that I picked cookies with no hydrogenated oils!! Why, for a binge, I do not know.

The cookies are not tempting this morning, but the remainder are being donated at the office. I haven't brought anything for others there for a long time.

Hope you're all well!!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 10:30 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 180/178/130

Height: 5'0"

HI everyone! I think this might be the place for me! I'm 46. It seems like the pounds just crept up each year, since in my early years of 39 I was 115-125! (But then, I got pregnant and had my child at 40) Some of the wt came off, but I gained it back and then some!
Terri--I am also a horse rider, but have not been in 6 years. One thing I like about riding is it uses every muscle in your body.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #38  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Afternoon

Grrrrrrr. I got into a real funk over the weekend so food wasn't good at all. Today is much better and by noon I had pretty much dragged myself back OP. Work has been borrrrring and that got me down so today I tried to divide my day up and not just keep working on the same project all day.

to another Judy. You'll get a lot of support and good ideas here. Jump right in.

WYLLENN: "I picked cookies with no hydrogenated oils" WOW you were doing damage control and binging at the samw time.

TERRI: How'd Bear's appt. go? You'll get back to evening exercise as your life setles down. I'm sure you're getting some just supervising the Rotties.

I had to order a battery for an older model portable phone from Radio Shack. It just arrived, took more than a week to get here, so I'm going to try to get it up and running.

Everyone try to stay OP and do something nice for yourself tonight.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #39  

Judy (FED up)-- Welcome welcome! This really is a great place. Just jump in!

Judy (j-ann) -- heh. yes, damage control and a binge. I guess that's an improvement from old days!!!

The bad news is, I forgot to bring the cookies to work!!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:26 PM   #40  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

[QUOTE=wyllenn;1589801 The bad news is, I forgot to bring the cookies to work!!!! [/QUOTE]

OH NO!!!!

Wyllenn that leaves you three choices. Do one NOW!

1. Run water into the bag of cookies. Seal and toss.

2. Crumble them and put them outside immediately for the birds.

3. If you can do it ..... Go lock them in the trunk of your car 'til you get to work.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:21 PM   #41  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Just checkin' in ...

Hi Everyone:

Had a busy weekend but still managed to stay on plan; and I am so grateful for that. Monday, walked outside for 30-40 minutes; but today, just did hand weights and indoor walking; some days are better than others. Spent the morning doing laundry and housework. Tomorrow, we'll be busy doing our shopping and paying bills, etc.

Heather, I think we've all had those days when we get frustrated or upset, and pick up something we shouldn't. I have to be careful what I buy, esp cookies and chippies, cuz I just can't discipline myself not to eat them! I've become Tawanda, the food warrior princess, banishing all junk food from my house! LOL!!! (I hope it lasts)

to our newest JUDY (fedup) ~ there are a lot of horse lovers here ~ including myself. TERRI, you've had a very stressful week with Bear being so sick, and supporting your friends thru a difficult time.

JUDY-ANN, a lot of the forums are discussing personal accountability right now. Many people find journaling helps them keep track of what they are eating; a doctor suggested that to me, so I could see if I was making any mistakes.

Thankfully, I'm managing to stay on plan, but exercise will be my issue. I have some limitations because of old injuries right now. I'm finding that walking is turning out to be the best thing for me; so, I am going to stick with that, and my hand weights for muscle strengthening as well.

Well that's all for now, hope you have a great week ~ your fellow encourager ~ Rosebud!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:11 AM   #42  

Judy, thanks for the tips, they were all great!!! Sadly, I caved! *sigh*
I ate all the cookies.

You know what, though. As long as that's the extent of it, that's okay. They are gone now and I start, again, fresh, tomorrow.

At least I got my weight lifting in earlier.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:49 AM   #43  

Hi girls,

Just a quick note (I know...again) this morning. The horses are looking in the window..I can feel their stare on my back as they think its time or eat or else they will starve to death.

The new doggie (we call her Danni instead of Brandy...easier to say) is doing very well. She is really a good dog. She loves her crate. She's curious but not destructive. She minds well and is such a happy dog. Bear is beginning to tolerate her more. He doesn't try to bite her but he does a darn good job of intimidating her. They smell butts. They touch noses. They even let me bet both of them at the same time and get them face to face. But then he'll try to run her down at her next move. He likes to run her in her in crate and then lay down outside her crate. And I don't think that is so he can be close to her - keeps her where he wants her. He is such a bully. But he is getting better about her. He might even like her given that he could have ripped her head off by now. Its that male dominance thing. However, since I've been watching the Dog Whisperer, he's learning more about "MOM" dominance. He doesn't like it when I point my finger at him and give him an evil stare.

Food was good again yesterday. Journaled it. That helped at lunch because after I wrote it down, I was able to tell myself that I'd had enough food and that no, I wasn't still hungry.

I didn't exercise this morning. I worked on paperwork instead.

I have a doc appt tomorrow at a podiatrist. I'm kinda thinking I have a stress fracture on the side of my right foot. I had one a few years ago on my left foot and in about the same place. And this feels pretty much the same. Hurts like the dickens when I put weight on and more when I shift weight off. And since its not getting any better, I give up and am going to see what's going on. It has been hurting for a couple of weeks but I thought perhaps it was a bruised tendon or something. I'm still keeping my fingers for that. It doesn't hurt when I do the stationary bike though.

Okay, with that, I have to get out and feed the horses so I can jump in the shower for a nice hot one. Its a little chilly this morning so that will feel good.

Have a great OP day ladies and remember what your triggers are and don't let them get pushed!

to all!
Old 02-28-2007, 09:25 AM   #44  

Good Morning Ladies!

I feel a bit bad that I haven't been posting like I ought. I'm afraid I've not been in much of a chatty mood lately. Nothing really wrong, I just have moved on to a new obsession that is taking up my computer time - redecorating my house after living in it as-is for five years - and between that and work my posting time has been depleted!

Work has been more than a little stressful - In fact, it's downright awful! Not only do we have too much work and not enough staff but we have bosses with no ability to change that and furthermore refuse to acknowlege that's even the problem. We have entirely new clerical staff and they are just trying their best, but they are so overworked! Some quit darn near as soon as they start because it's so overwhelming and it is running downhill from us, so we're just as overwhelmed! Top it off with my seeming inability to get a good nights sleep and it's not a recipe for success or pleasant moods.

Anyway, I suppose food's been okay. I'm not holding my breath on WI anymore though. If I lose I lose and if I don't I dont. I don't have the time or energy to worry about it much. I'm still tracking my points, so we'll see. If I don't make it to the doctor's today I'll try tomorrow.

Sorry for the lack of replies I just really need to run! I'll try to get back later and really act like I belong here! Big to you all!
Old 02-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #45  

Talking Look! Look!

I DID IT!
103 LBS GONE!

I owe it all to you wonderful, supportive women!!!!

Closed Thread