Old 02-07-2007, 10:58 AM   #1  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

Question wedding in april

hey ladies,
i just found out my good friend is probably ganna get married (she got pregnant but she has always had miscarriges so if she loses this baby she might not get married) but anyways i'm in the wedding. so yeah i was just wondering what you guys thought was a realistic goal weight for then??? i want to set a realistic goal and then a more far fetched goal so i will def. accomplish the realistic one and maybe even more since i'm going to be working to meet the far fetched one. does that make since??? a mind game thing??? so yeah id love the feed back!!!
brat_61886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

How lovely that you will be taking part in your friends wedding. I sure hope she doesn't lose the baby this time, and of course that the wedding will go ahead. I think a realistic goal for your weight loss would be between 16 and 22 lbs depending on when in April she is getting married. That works out at a 2 lbs a week loss which is what we are told is a good one to aim for. Of course there will be weeks when you lose more, and maybe ones where you lose less, so keeping your aim to be 16 -22 lbs seems a good one.

with it,

hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I know it's really tempting to set weight loss goals for certain dates, but I tend to find it counterproductive personally. What happens if I don't get to where I think I should be? I feel like a failure, even if I've lost weight!

That being said, there's a lot you can do to start building better habits and getting things under control so you feel more confident before then!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:55 AM   #4  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

GL on the goal!!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 317/261/107

Height: 5'1

I thought about your post today. I hadn't responded because I have a tendency to set extreme goals and I don't want to do that to anyone else.

My best friend called today to announce that she is getting married in July and wants me to be her matron of honor. My first thought was, "Hmmm...how much weight can I lose by then if I really push myself?" LOL

The correct answer, I'm sure, is to be focussed on changing our nutritional behaviors and our frequency of exercise. (But 15pounds sounds pretty good to the normal side of my brain. LOL)

Hope all goes well! Let us know what you decided to aim for.
Mia E is offline   Reply With Quote