Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:44 AM   #46  
Shadiepurple

Greetings my sweet chickies. I have had quite a week . I have been OP for a month now . Solidly, no straying at all.The last time I weighed was Nov.8 2006 the day my godson was born. I used that as a starting point when I got back OP Jan.1st. Well, I ate everything in sight during the holidays. I guess I put on a bucket full of fat because I weighed myself on the same scale last Tuesday and I weighed the same . I know I've lost about 15 lbs just by the way my body changes. So I'm continueing on from this point AGAIN! I measured my waist and I am going to use that as guild from now on. I am not putting all my hopes on the scales . Anyway, I weighed myself at the hospital because my very close friend was having her 7th baby! I was there with her for 5 of them. Her children follow a patern of boy, girl, boy, girl. This was a sweet boy. 7lbs 8 oz. 20 1/2 inches long lots of black hair. SHE PUSHED ONE TIME! I told her the next one will just fall out . This past Sunday was his baptisim . I was all excited, bought him a pretty cross (no not cathlic, Lutherin) was on my way to the shower to get ready for church and BAM. I tripped over my black dog laying in the black hall way. Smashed my forhead into the door frame, slid down the wall and cracked the side of my head on a drawer handle . I thought my head was wide open. NOPE! Not that lucky . I have a knot the size of a egg above my left eye brow that goes up to about 2 inches into my hair line. Today I have 2 black eyes and a buldging forhead...It's soooo purdy...NOT ! I tell you what, throw 400 lbs at a door frame and it feels like being in a car wreck . My neck and shoulders hurt. I get stabbing pain in my head when I turn my neck the wrong way and my sinuses feel stuffy from the swelling . Yes the dog is just fine. He narrowly escaped out from under me and licked my face and hands trying to help. Poor guy, must have thought the sky was falling! He stayed right by me the whole day. OK. I'm on to the next adventure . Sorry I took up so much space whinning. I am so happy for each and everyone of you. Sharing, caring loseing , trying and starting a new . This is the best group of motivators I could ever ask for. THANK YOU ALL. Strength to you all.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Shadie, you poor thing! BIG HUGSxxxxxx Wow 7 kids, is your friend CRAZY, lol? I struggle to cope with TWO little ones!!!! Hope you heal & feel better fast.xxxxxx
Wyllen HAPPY BIRTHDAYxxxxxx Any special plans? Hope you get lots of cards AND pressies & have a FANTASTIC DAYxxxxx
Well I THOUGHT I'd posted on this thread, my brain gets worse!!! TOM has still not arrived, though I keep getting the most horrendous headaches/migraines for which nothing stops the pain. I've been Off plan, just eating bits & bobs as I feel too ill to cook properly, hopefully I will feel better once TOM has arrived then GONE, lol.
I hope everyone is keeping warm & staying safe, sorry but time is going on & I REALLY wish my brain & eyes would work better so I could get some personals done. I DO read them all & think of those who are struggling/sad and of course cheer those on who are doing well.xxxxxx
sharonxxxxxxx
Old 02-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #48  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

hi girls!

Just to say I am off to my gym induction tonite, they weigh u and do measurements and a treadmill fitness test and all sorts so wish me luck! And also I have posted some wedding pics so that u can feel u know me better!!

Em
Old 02-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #49  

When I followed the B4L food plan, I started gaining.

As for why I said Medifast would be easy--my day would be prescribed, so no guess work or ease to fall off the wagon.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #50  

yahoo i got my exercise video for knee pain/ replacement exercises. i will do it in the morning and let you all know how it does1
Old 02-06-2007, 02:58 PM   #51  

Shady! I hope you feel better you poor thing! Here's a very gentle for you!

Sharon - You've had a lot of illness lately! Take care.

Emilymay - Have a great time at the gym!

JerseyGirl: I just peeked at your blog and your menu you had down for January 29th. If that is your usual manner of eating, I think you may not be getting in nearly enough calories! In the 230's I get 28 WW points a day AND 35 flex points per week. PLUS I earn activity points. I ran your daily food thru WW and came up with only 21 points. (A point is roughly 50 calories. I should probably eat 1400 to 1700 cals a day!) I ran you, although I had to guess at some things like how active you are at work and so guessed low on some stuff, and it said you should eat about 35 points a day! That's 1750 calories on the LOW side and 2000 on the high. What I'm getting at is at your weight you should definately be eating MORE if that's how you normally eat, especially working out. It is certainly a possibility that you've been low-cal for so long that your metabolism has decided you are starving and refuses to let go of the fat. I saw where you said more than once that you were hungry on your blog. You shouldn't be hungry. Eating MORE is a scary prospect. But with the amount you are working out it may be exactly what you need. I hope Catherine gets on line and sees this and responds. I know she went thru a several-month plateau and had to eat more to lose. If, as I suspect, I've either had a slight gain or maintained this week, I'm going to be working at eating more next week myself...I have been under on my points this week and I think that may be to blame. Anyway, it's something for you to consider.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #52  
Charlene

Wyllenn, I pay all my bills online. I have for years now and will never go back to the other way.

Patti, I am happy to hear that you aren't hurting right now. I pray it stays that way. I can't wait for a update on that knee video. I may have to get me one.

JerseyGirl,

Heather, Happy Birthday.

Shadie, I'm glad you weren't hurt worse. Wow, 7 kids, bless her heart!

Sharon, I hope you feel better soon.

EmilyMay, your wedding pictures are great. You had a gorgeous dress!

I have done better today.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Sorry this is just going to be a short one tonight. I am so tired and my arm is sore. I had my Implanon contraceptive removed and a new one put in this evening, and let's put it this way, local anaesthetic of not, I felt it, OUCH. The doc had a hec of a time getting the old one out too, so I am all bandaged up now and sore

Anyway just wanted to pop on and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER . and take care SHADIE, I am really sorry you hurt yourself so badly

Take care all and I hope to post more tomorrow.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 314/292/150

Default Ready to loose

I'm ready, my body hurts almost all th time. The bones in my feet hurt! I loose my balance more and more. And at this weight I can't afford to fall and break something.

MiddleSister
Old 02-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #55  
EmilyMay is on her way!

Well, I went along to the gym induction tonite, I last went in April 2004 just before having a hysterectomy! All went ok, measurements obviously up a lot since last visit and my cardio performance worse, but flexibility good, lung function good so thats cool. Am up 48 pounds tho, thats my weight gain since having hyst and having early menopause, boy a lot of weight to show for it!

Anyway, the weirdest thing happened!!!!! I found out that my scales at home are wrong!! And I am - wait for it - LIGHTER than I thought!!!! Yay!!! I have had these scales for about six months (when I went up to 308 and got the error message on my old scales!! ) So on the gym scales I am exactly 300 pounds, altho that is in gym gear and at the end of the day, so should be a bit lighter in the morning!!

So I have some new scales on order and can't wait to get them and reset my ticker!! I will leave my start weight as it was cos it had been my heaviest weight on my docs scales quite a long time ago now so still think that is accurate as where I started, but over the last six months should have been losing on the scales, but they are obviously rubbish!!

So, how funny anyway, a novel way to lose weight, will record the 300 weight and then when I get my new ones do a morning weight too.

Thank god I didn't find out I am heavier than I thought, I would have cried!!

Thats enough excitement for one day! Off to bed now, can't believe I have been swimming and to the gym all in one week!!

Em x
Old 02-06-2007, 06:14 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Brandnewme: I'm so sorry that you had to drop out of your schooling right now. I honestly know exactly how you are feeling. There have been so many things that I had to drop out of because of panic disorder and agoraphobia. If you ever feel like you would like to talk to someone who has been there, pm me and I'll give you my email address. Hugs to you sweetie.

Val: Yea for your 4th day op! You are doing so well.

Kymberly: You should take your measurments now. It's never too late to start!

Xena: You sound so smart. Calculus. I am such a math idiot. I just am lucky I can add, subtract, multiply and divide. lol.

Jill: How was your visit with the baby?

Jerseygirl: Welcome. Glad to have you here. This is such a wonderful site. Everyone is so sweet, kind and encouraging. Looks like you have been doing really well according to your measurements!

Shadie: Oh, dear sweet shadie. So sorry that you had such a fall. Dogs are so sweet. I could just picture you little black dog trying to make you all better with kisses. I'm glad that you are not hurt worse. Please take care of yourself my friend.

Sharon: Hugs.

Emilymay: Can't wait to go look at your pictures. You are such a beautiful lady. Good luck at the gym tonight.

Patty: have fun with your new workout tape.

Lilion: I think you hit the nail on the head about eating enough. It is a scary thing but it is a very true thing. I was so surprised by how much I need to eat to keep my body loosing.

Middlesister: Welcome. We have all been in your shoes or we are in them now. Welcome and I'm sure you will find the encouragement and support you are needing here.

Well, I am doing well. I did have chinese food today for lunch. I will count it on my points and be aware that there is lots of sodium in it. I went for a job interview today and I felt so much self confidence. I haven't felt that in so long. It was a nice feeling. They seem really interested in me and my computer skills that I have in Word, Excel, Access and Quickbooks. I interviewed with the owner of the company and he told me he will be calling me in a couple of days. On my way out the door to this interview I got two phone calls from two other jobs I applied for. So, I have another interview on Thursday and Friday. It feels good to be wanted, at least until they see my size. The interview today could care less about my size. He was interested in my skills! That was a new and nice feeling.
Be blessed and take care all,
Annie
Old 02-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Emily: we must have been posting at the same time. I am so happy for you! You are closer to the 2's then you thought. You have so much to be proud of! The gym, the swimming! You are doing so well. Good job.
hugs,
Annie
Old 02-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #58  
EmilyMay is on her way!

Thanks Annie!! Yeah its so funny, I am the lightest I've been in ages, like about 18 months! I was wearing jeans and a top today and thinking, u know,they feel really loose, which is weird! Got to laugh haven't u!! My hubby reckons they got water in them sometime over Xmas and not been registering weight loss!!

I am so glad u are feeling more confident hun,and I am sure the employers like u say are more interested in your skills and aptitudes than anything else - so you feel proud hun and go for it!! Good luck with everything x
Old 02-06-2007, 07:35 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Well I haven't made it to bed yet, PC addict that I am, Blame Pogo, I am playing games on there when I should be sleeping lol.

Em - that's fabulous news about your weight, just one more lb and you will be in Twotown

MiddleSister - Hello and a very warm to you. As Annie says, we have all been or are where you are right now. Finally realising that we NEED to lose the weight and doing something about it. You will soon be in TwoTown and as soon as you get there you will be amazed at how great you will already start to feel

Annie - way to go on going to that job interview and for impressing the guy so much. It IS wonderful when people can look past the size of a person and see what they have to offer as an employee with fabulous computer skills like yourself

OK NOW I really have to go to bed lol. Goodnight and take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #60  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Brandnewme~I am so sorry about school and your budget. We too, live pay check to pay check. DH is a car salesman, and this is a VERY slow time of the year. Every month we worry about the house payment. Hopefully, your tax refund will come soon. I filed ours on
http://www.freetaxusa.com/ at no cost. I did it last week and we should have our refund by 2/13/07. Not too bad. Hang in there. It'll get better.

Valerie~ Hope you have a nice evening with your DH. Hope things are progressing for you.

Kymberly~ I can only sew easy things. I do ok on things like little kid overalls, shorts, shirts etc. But none of the beautiful fancy dresses. I don't think I'm brave enough to even try for it.

Xena~DH or I always print out the page where it says we paid. Do you have a printer? Happily, we've never had an issue, but I'll make sure we double check from now on.

Ammi~I'm sorry you have another owie. I hope it heals soon and well. Can you put vitamin E on it to help prevent scaring? I'll try to email you tomorrow.

Chimi~Why, yes, my dear, I am insane. I laughed my butt off when I read that. Mind you, the veggies don't always cure my mucnhies.
I also really, really like a protein shake. It's called Advant Edge Soy Protein, it has 170 calories, BEFORE adding fruit. I use water, add 3 sweetner and 1 cup of frozen fruit, strawberries, bananas whatever. I use it for breakfast a lot. I've also used it as an afternoon pick me up too. But, my total fav is the carmel rice cakes. The jello is a great idea, I've also made up little things of fat free sugar free chocolate pudding. YUMMY!

Charlene~Way to go getting right back op after the super bowl! It's hard to get back on track sometimes.

Jilly~So, I can have pbj for only 200 calories! Do you use diet bread, sugar free jelly and regular peanut butter?? Sometimes I just gotta have pbj. Now, I might have a pbj and my chili for dinner.
Have you tried those 100 calorie packs? Someone here told me about them.
They make them in cheetos! I love cheetos. Oh, and they have Sun Chips too. I'm not disciplined enough to have the 100 calorie amount if I have to divvie it up. But if it's done for me, I'm ok. Weird, huh?
How's the baby?? And the 7 yeqr old?

Patti~I'm so glad your leg is feeling better. I know it's bothered you for a long time now. Hopefully, the pain will stay away.

Jersey girl~I am sorry you're having such a hard time. Have you spoken to your doctor about what kind of program he/she would recommend? I know Weight Watchers is amazing if you can afford it.

Well, Miss Wyllen.~ Happy Birthday!

ShadiePurple~Geeze, girl. I'm glad you didn't break anything. It's really scary to fall at this weight. I'm scared to go up and down stairs, or walk in the snow even. Put some ice on those bumps!

Sharon~I hope you get tom soon so your poor little head will feel better. I don't get migranes often, but when I do, I'm in bed, in the dark and absolute silence. If I don't get the silence, look out! Have you tried an ice pack? It helps me A LOT! to you.

Em~What a wonderful surprise you had. Glad the gym works for you. I loved it when I had a gym membership. I did water aerobics 3X a week and would do the circuit 2-3 times. I did real well, lost 40 pounds. But, had to have surgery on my knee, couldn't go to the gym for 6 weeks, then fell out of the routine and gained it all back. I'm proud of you!
Your wedding pics are just beautiful! I love your dress!

Annie~I hope you get the job you want. It's so nerve racking to interview. Since you have good skills, I'm sure they'll snatch you right up. Let us know!

Nothing new here. Except, we finally got some snow. Almost 6 inches! It's about time. But, now that we've had snow, I'm ready for spring. Eating was ok today, not super though And. I'm counting shoveling the porch as exercise.
Take care everyone, stay warm where it's winter and try to stay cool where it's summer.
Closed Thread