Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 05:34 PM   #151  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Brenda - It sounds as though you are hooked on this SFL program, which gives it a great chance of working for you. Many people start off expecting to hate what they have to do, which doesn't help in the least. I hope (other than a hunger pang here and there) that you continue to be so positive about your new plan.

Valerie - It sounds as though you had a WONDERFUL day Saturday and I hope that Sunday is just as good for you. I have a feeling that the kids you work with are SO lucky to have you in their lives.

Sandy - Thank you for the lovely compliments. We have a parent/teacher night tomorrow night and I can't wait to tell the parents what a wonderful time I am having with their children. I truly enjoy going to work at the moment, which is something not everyone can say. Of course, there are moments, when I could happily stay in bed, but they are few and far between. I think the essential ingredients to a happy/working classroom is that the kids need to know that I love them, but they also need to know what is expected of them and what will happen if they overstep the boundaries. Kids really DO like to know the 'limits'.
It sounds as though you really WANT the wild weather to come your way, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

EmilyMay - Well done on making such good progress with your essay. I used to HATE having to write essays and got such a 'buzz' when things actually started to flow. I hope you enjoyed your walk with hubby.

Lilion - I have been reading about your wonderful efforts on the elliptical and I was worried when I could only do 10 min sessions the first day I got it (Saturday), but this morning I finished 30 mins. I haven't got a 'hill' program, but I varied things a little by using the handles some of the time and walking backwards some of the time. I actually have a cross trainer/elliptical, but I'm not really sure what the difference is. But I have YOU to thank for encouraging me to do that little bit more. It certainly helps that I am a morning person, so I workout better first thing in the mornings anyway.

Annie - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! You must still be glowing from that loss, and you DESERVE to be! That is amazing! I wish I could get the water in that I know I need to. I do really well with food and exercise, but I am still stumped on the drinking part. Something for me to continually work on I suppose. I think you could be right about the stress/weight relationship. With Dad passing away, and the extra pressures of starting a new school year, I suppose my body could just be taking a little rest. I also believe (due to a number of 'symptoms') that my hormones are playing havoc with my body at the moment, which certainly doesn't help.

Xena - Well done on the calculus test. Usually, if you FEEL that you did OK, then the results will reflect that.

Catherine - Thank you for the hints and tips you keep posting. I find them very informative. Now I just have to remember to copy and paste them for later reference. I am not surprised that you could have SAD. I most definitely would have if I went from the climate I am in now to somewhere like Canada. I hope things ease up for you as the weather warms up.

OOPS! I am running late now. I'll hopefully write more later.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 02-11-2007, 07:13 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Thanks everyone on the encouragment and congrats about my weight loss and job.

Patti: So sorry that you don't have access to a pool I think that would be wonderful for you because of your knee problems. I thought I didn't have access to a pool either until I started to check out Physical Therapy places. Sometimes they offer classes that they don't even advertise. I would check it out if I were you. I didn't even know that there were pools in the area where I go. Good luck if you decide to call a few of them.

Val: Sounds like you are a proud, proud momma of your girls. I got butterflies in my tummy reading your post. I sooooo remember the days of loading up and practicing for a rodeo coming up. lol Such good memories and I hope you have a blast. How did your job interview go the other day? I hope wonderfully.

Emily: Good job using your body as a gym. That is smart thinking. I'm sure you will be back swimming soon. Congrats on the good snacking while you are working on your essay too. That takes effort to think before you snack. At least for me anyway.

Sandy: Hi girl. Hugs.

Brenda: Good luck with your new diet plan. Keep us informed on how it's going for you.

Chimichonga: Thanks for pointing out to me that I didn't sound happy on my recent posts. I appreciate it more than you know. I thought about what you wrote and I think it is because I have already been down to 460 once and every time I get there I go back up to 500. I need to look at this time as the last time I will do that. I need to have faith in myself and God that I am a different person now. Those days are over. I also have been really, really tired and having trouble sleeping and when I come here my enthusiasm isn't up to my normal self. I am pretty nervous about working too. It has been a long time for me. Years as a matter of fact and during that time I had a serious bout with agoraphobia where I didn't leave my house for almost 2 years. So, I guess those old thought come back to spook me once in a while. I need to be thankful for everything that comes my way including a job and a weight loss. So, again, thank you for pointing out somethings to me that I really truly needed to hear! Hugs to you.

Zelma: hope things get less stressful for you very soon. Hugs.

Well, everyone hope you are all doing well. I managed to get in 280 minutes of exercise this week. So I am at 456 minutes out of my goal of 750. I only have 294 for my monthly goal to go. Yea me.

Blessings all of you and big hugs to you who need them.
annie
Old 02-11-2007, 08:26 PM   #153  
Just Do It!

Dogpal, you have so much courage!

I hope I didn't sound too harsh in my post, I have a tendency to be blunt at times... Seems as though it may have helped. Hey you said, every time I get to 460 I go back up again... Then this time, you should decide you're not going to be going to 460, you're skipping right over to 459, so you won't ever go back up to 500 Seriously though, I totally agree with you on that, I have a "threshold" point as well, whenever I used to get down about 5 kg I would give myself an extended break which would of course gain it all back again. Don't stress about it till you get there- I'll be watching for you when u get to 460. (I will be here to kick your toosh into high gear!! ) Don't be afraid of success. Sometimes success is more frightening than failure- cause we're used to failing. I think that's a mindset alot of people have, including myself.

With weight loss, what is really working for me is not thinking at all down the track, or in the past, but being right in the present- "what can I do today that will make me a better, healthier me". My motto is "just do it" today. I swear don't even look a couple weeks in the future- just do the best you can today, and soon you will make it!!!!

Also, that's an amazing amount of excercise!!! I only do about 210 if I'm lucky. And best of luck in your new job.... remember, you deserve to be there.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #154  

I just wanted to thank EVERYONE who keep saying such nice, encouraging things to me about the elliptical. I've gotten quite used to doing it every day now. I let myself have one or two days a week off, but I'm pretty happy with the results. Since I started in Dec I've lost 2" off my waist and my hips and both thighs are about 1" smaller each! I went shopping today and bought size 18 pants and skirts from the misses section of the store - not the "women's" section!

Zelma, that you did 30 minutes right off the bat is a tribute to how fit you really are! That darn thing took me 2 months to get up to 30 minutes on and the very first time I got on it I only did 3 minutes! But it's a heck of a workout, isn't it?

My DH and I are thinking of buying a bowflex now. I know that in the long run $800 for a home gym is pricey - we could go to the Y for $43 a month for a year and 1/2 at that price...but I honestly think that we're more likely to work out at home...leaving the house is such a pain with the kid and the dogs. Anyway, we're doing the research.

Got to run. Bye ladies! Have a great night!
Old 02-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #155  

Annie your will power amazes me keep it up!
Old 02-12-2007, 12:16 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi guys, one last post for the day. lol

Chimichonga: Nope, not too harsh for me. I truly meant it when I said you helped me to see something I was missing. Thanks.

Lilion: Excellent inches lost since Dec. Way to go girl.I want a boflex too. They come in the paper for sale used once in a while and I think I should get it then I don't until too late. LOL. If you get one let me know how you like it. I want one really bad. I think it will help me to loose even more and feel even better building muscles again.

Patti: Thanks. Hugs to you .

Well, I gotta go now. Chat with you all tomorrow. I will be getting things in order this week for starting my job on Friday. lol.
Blessings all,
Annie
Old 02-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 314/292/150

Height: 5'6"

I just started with 3fatchicks and I have lost 12lbs since 2/7! I'm encouraged by that little tracker. I am watching what I eat, walking a mile a day, drinking my water/greentea, and doing light weights. I have gained 20 lbs since November 20 after my hernia surgery and I was just watching myself get bigger and bigger. I feel better now, although still healing up and I had to do something about it. I want to loose 150 lbs. Wish me luck

MiddleSister
Old 02-12-2007, 08:47 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

STOP!!! Poke it with a fork. This thread is done!!

Please join us on the next Weekly numbered thread (#1093)
Closed Thread